Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) (86516 Views)

"My Son Is A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity"- Wole Soyinka. / JP Clark, Achebe & Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by thomasjoe(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Sail on with the forgone terrors
Dayriyhoo! A2URB. Yoha!

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Mologi(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2021
1MCN:
Shouldn't Soyinka overgrow this cultism at this age and stage?

Shouldn't have sense at this age?.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2021
Another bloody,senseless seadog frat man has perished.
They will say they have orientation.
Which orientation?
Single sense they don't have.

Even the Bloods,Crips,Vice Lords, Gangster disciples and Black Disciples started as civil society organizations.
But today what have they become?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obyrich(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2021
naptu2:
Confraternity ➜ Youth gang ➜Mafia.

1) Fraternities and Sororities: A confraternity, fraternity or sorority (and in, America, Greek letter organisation) are social clubs in universities in many parts of the world. These associations are very common in American universities and very many Americans, including prominent politicians, businessmen, and entertainment stars are members of the associations. The associations were generally formed to help their members academically and serve as a forum for people to network and connect. Fraternity = brotherhood, sorority = sisterhood. Former president George H. W. Bush was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon at Yale, Bill Clinton is an honorary member of Phi Beta Sigma, and George W. Bush is a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon at Yale like his father. Basketball star, Michael Jordan, is a member of Omega Psi Phi, civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a member of Alpha Phi Alpha and comedian and actor Cedric “The Entertainer” is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi.

What Wole Soyinka started was a fraternity that was meant to be like the fraternities in American universities.

2) Youth gangs: A gang is a group or society of associates, friends or members of a family with a defined leadership and internal organization that identifies with or claims control over territory in a community and engages, either individually or collectively, in illegal, and possibly violent, behaviour.

Many youth gangs sprang up in the United States in the period between the 1940s and the 1960s. The most well known are the Bloods and the Crips. These youth gangs control territory through acts of violence and intimidation. They usually have their unique colours and symbols like handshakes, walking styles and dances. They could violently attack and even kill someone for wearing their colour in their territory. They raise funds through illegal means like bullying and intimidation, drug sales, etc.

Many fraternities in Nigerian universities became youth gangs in the 1970s and most especially in the 1980s. They engaged in violent acts like murder and assault, gruesome initiation rituals, etc. In response to this, Professor Wole Soyinka pulled the Pyrates Fraternity, now known as the National Association of Seadogs, out of the universities.

3) Mafia: A mafia is a type of organized crime syndicate whose primary activities are protection racketeering, arbitrating disputes between criminals, and brokering and enforcing illegal agreements and transactions. Mafias often engage in secondary activities such as gambling, loan sharking, drug-trafficking, prostitution, and fraud. Examples of Mafia syndicates include the Cosa Nostra, the Yakuza, the Camorra and the Bratva.

The members of these 1980s and 1990s youth gangs have become older and some of them have moved out of Nigeria. They have established their organisations as criminals syndicates in places like Canada, Italy and the United States. They engage in drug trafficking, pimping prostitutes and other illegal activities and they have formed agreements with or fought wars against the Italian Mafia, the American Mafia and other such illegal organisations.

Some members of these organisations have become government officials and high ranking members of the society in Nigeria.

What Wole Soyinka founded in 1952 was a fraternity, not a youth gang or mafia syndicate.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by CodeTemplar: 11:16am On May 29, 2021
1MCN:
Shouldn't Soyinka overgrow this cultism at this age and stage?
Does cultism fade with age? Spirits àre not overgrown.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by thomasjoe(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2021
simplesearch:
If Mr Nathaniel did not repent from his sins and turn to Jesus Christ before his death, he is now the real definition of a wasted life. Whatever his argument, now he'll know better on the other side. This is the fate of everyone who reject Jesus Christ on earth; endless eternity in the abyss of hell no matter your status or connection in the world.
Luckily you are a Christain and I'll have to quote the holy scriptures ...hopefully you may get the code...
Beloved , why spread falsehood as a child of God ? If you don't know something then apply Matt 7 : 7 and John 8:32 shall be your portion...
God bless you as you check those verses ans do accordingly ...
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Nobody: 11:18am On May 29, 2021
phemmyfour:
Illiterate everywhere

They don't know the difference between confraternity and cultism
Honestly i just tire here mehhn
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by sunkieisland(m): 11:20am On May 29, 2021
Abuse is a common phenomenon here in Africa and this confraternity is no exception.

Even if something is good, an average Nigerian will abuse it in the shortest possible time. If Nigerians can begin to abuse something as beneficial as Cough Syrup, what is "Confraternity" that they will not abuse.

Mine is I always believe the best about people no matter what the society says, then the person, himself / herself by his/her actions, can dispel my beliefs, not the society.

I still believe that the fraternity was created with good intentions but transformed because the heart of a black man is wicked.......
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by denvers: 11:20am On May 29, 2021
Words cannot tell.
Sail on grandpa Soyinka.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Isobug: 11:23am On May 29, 2021
BSdetector:
Any society formed.....first rule: bar igbos from joining. They infect everything they're part of....same thing happened with ogboni. But most people won't learn or understand.
Your hatred for the Higher soarers are second to known, unfortunately it does them nothing and they keep soaring higher
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Aksnoopy: 11:25am On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
The topic says Pyrate 'confraternity',I wonder why this people above me are shouting 'cultism',is it that some people cannot comprehend or is it ignorance of the highest order.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines confraternity as a society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause.
I certainly know from information available to all, that the pyrate confraternity is a charity organization,made up of like minds with the goal of creating an egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak and men are weighed by the strength of their character and not by the colour of their skins,religion or ethnicity. Little wonder why they are highly revered in and outside Nigeria for notable achievements in humanitarian activities and social reengineering.
I guess if this isn't a noble society of men,they likes of Prof Wole Soyinka and hundreds of notable men who associates with this group,could have dissociated for preservation of their reputation and image.
You are an ill informed slowpoke. undecided
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by ellizy(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
The topic says Pyrate 'confraternity',I wonder why this people above me are shouting 'cultism',is it that some people cannot comprehend or is it ignorance of the highest order.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines confraternity as a society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause.
I certainly know from information available to all, that the pyrate confraternity is a charity organization,made up of like minds with the goal of creating an egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak and men are weighed by the strength of their character and not by the colour of their skins,religion or ethnicity. Little wonder why they are highly revered in and outside Nigeria for notable achievements in humanitarian activities and social reengineering.
I guess if this isn't a noble society of men,they likes of Prof Wole Soyinka and hundreds of notable men who associates with this group,could have dissociated for preservation of their reputation and image.
All well said... The truth remains their founding members had good intensions in putting themselves together for this great association but not longer like that, thousands of youth across Nigeria died annually all in the name of confraternities... If anyone is going against this, I believe they are right with whatever their intentions is....
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by vickydevoka(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2021
Revere27:

Wetin me I know.... I no sabi any one whey dey reign or not smiley
My brother no be so Dem de analyse ball. Young guys good no doubt, buh u see hays with experience matters alot. For instance, check all de young guy madrid get, most of Dem are playing rubbish, buh u benzema na world class en b
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Soyinka founder of cultist that have wasted thousand lives of our youths!!

This man needs to be arrested

He did not found the cultist union as you put it to kill, rape or kidnapped people, it was an activist group of sound, intelligent minds...the next generation after them change the status quo and spoilt everything!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On May 29, 2021
naptu2:
Pike Fraternity at Florida State University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieV1HpAfi1k

They all involve spiritism and are crooked in operation.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by johndik(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2021
Hmmmn the oldest confraternity in Nigeria.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Krismas(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2021
thomasjoe:

On the contrary you need to be arrested for helping to propagate a false perception to becloud your reality but all Pyrates in mutual sympathy will have to tolerate your ignorance (the true original sin).

This year makes it 70 years the Pyrate confraternity was formed ...Now how come the international community and the Nigerian govt is yet to arrest Wole Soyinka who still comes out to take credit for founding the Pyrate confraternity (take Note it's Pyrate and not Pirate as many of you erenously think)?
If you need info on the workings of National association of Seadawgs (aka Pyrate confraternity) kindly ask and I advise you stop spreading falsehood ...
Pls apply Matt 7:7 from the holy bible and ye shall know the truth ...it will set you free.
Best wishes beloved.
coolJust like AMORC went to court to challenge ECWA’s labeling it a SECRET SOCIETY grin Let Pyrate go to court and see whether they will not be taken to d cleaners
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Nobody: 11:34am On May 29, 2021
cassette:

Sugar coat it all you want ! Cultism is cultism and people like you that don’t tell it as they see it are the problem if this damned country

P.S there’s nothing noble about cultism
Trust me those men up there with Soyinka are not cultists or gangsters. Those are real seadogs. A frternal brotherhood and not the stray ignorant idiots ranting ahoy nd sail on on this thread. But again u are kinda right because the modern versions in our tertiary institutions and neighbourhoods are murderous cultists. But know this. Inside the game certain people still practice the truth and these people have nothing to do with cultism or gangsterism. But they're getting extinct daily. Like the person being buried here.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Nobody: 11:39am On May 29, 2021
johnmartus:
Stop arguing with yourself you are just embaracing yourself as well.What do you mean by pyrate you just define what it mean to us which the membershas their own objective and mission. How do you define BLM they said to defend black people but today they are killing the same black they are defending.
Where the Bleep do you et such stupid news from, BLM killing what? Your obviously a brainwashed rag.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by kuroben4real: 11:40am On May 29, 2021
LikeAking:

Quiet!
Why will he follow Christ, is a white man?

Go and sit down.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by wowo2: 11:40am On May 29, 2021
Everybody is here casting stones...pointing out purported logs in the eyes of others
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Gaddafih001(m): 11:41am On May 29, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

The blood � of every young man/woman killed in the name of cultism rests on this guys head..
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by LikeAking: 11:43am On May 29, 2021
Johnkay225:

He might remember in hell when he gets there without Christ...

In the voice of Zulu: On this land we eat fire!

Hell dey learn.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by LikeAking: 11:45am On May 29, 2021
kuroben4real:

Go and sit down.

White man God for the White man.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by rhames(m): 11:45am On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:

What religion or charitable cause has this organisation contributed to or associated with? It is a blood oath cult plain and simple. Don't give it any other coloration. Soyinka and his ilk has never condemned or said anything about the blood letting and incessant killing by these cultist big or small. That means he has stylislhly or wittingly supported their actions.

My friend call a spade what it is not by another name.

They are a vampiric and damned devil bloodsucking organisation.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by BSsniffer: 11:48am On May 29, 2021
engrchykae:
we shall take over illuminati and develop it better,

They don't admit drug pushers.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by talkwitnapi(m): 11:49am On May 29, 2021
Why you dey explain things to people where no wan learn...?��‍♂️
AustineE1:
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by BSsniffer: 11:50am On May 29, 2021
eastOFwest:

Igbos have suffered in Nigeria. Someone will have personal problem at home, perhaps his preeq cannot raise again to service his wife or girlfriend and she has insulted him. Such a person will come and take it out on Igbos.

Fyi, an Igbo man was part of the founding founders of Pyrates confraternity (the original 7 abi 5). Igbos don't do cultism like that unlike Yoruba and Edo/Delta people wey carry am for head. No cult has originated in Igbo land. None. Igbos gentrify any cult they happen to join on an individual basis.

Please go and seek solution to your poverty or non performing manhood and leave Igbos out of your personal misery.

Thank you smiley

You're the one stroking your dick with this thrash and lies you wrote.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Nobody: 11:53am On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
That was how I changed my class group name to confraternity.. and one mumu girl stated behaving anyhow..

Just like illuminaty, confraternity members are goal oriented people... And they are also charitable...

But people with brainwashed minds will forever no know this!!!
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2021
Wawelexy:
....... Ur point do no tally or relate with what we saying here. University and a pyrate confra are two diff thing entirely. Ur dico, google or wiki is ur frnd, ask them.
And you think your blame game against Wole tallies or makes any rational sense?

Wole forms an organisation while at uni, he runs the organisation peacefully till he graduates and leaves school... Years later, another person forms a similar organisation which eventually degenerates to a gangster/criminal group.

Several decades later, Wole's organisation is still existing peacefully and isnt involved in any disturbances but somehow, you think it makes sense to blame him for the actions of thugs and gangsters which he has no affiliations with?

2 Likes

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Krismas(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2021
BSsniffer:

They don't admit drug pushers.
coolThey only push OPUIM
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Redbishop(m): 11:59am On May 29, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Sailing to elysium aboard a davy jones locker...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jennifer: Grass To Grace / CI / A Thorn In The Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.