Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now - Satellite TV Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (135015 Views)

Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by anorld054: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2019
Please seniors in the house am facing a big problem on curving the arc of a parabola dish.Please any assist from the house seniors.

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by anorld054: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2019
No measurement of the arc (i mean the radius) except the diameter and the dept does all.but the dish above is molded 5 years now, so i need help. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by iykmora(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by phenase(m): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2019
Iron2011:

Ur focal point is 156.25cm Tripod: 198.26cm
thanks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by phenase(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Talibanis:
Ur focal length is approximately 156cm.
thanks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
anorld054:
No measurement of the arc (i mean the radius) except the diameter and the dept does all.but the dish above is molded 5 years now, so i need help. Thank you.

Hey, anorld054 ... what are your Diameter and Depth values?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by phenase(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2019
geometry:

@safex, I am sorry, had problem hooking up with ''fluidy'' internet and that was a little frustrating, i apologise for my absence, what do you have going ?

Geometry I really missed you for many years in this thread.Hope that you're doing great. Welcome back.

Do you have contact, that is phone number or email?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by midozalouk: 8:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hello sir
Since we are in 2020

Can we use 3d printer to fabricate the dish
And cover the surface with Aluminium foil to reflect the signal
Or I am wrong?

Thanks sir
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by midozalouk: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2020
@geometry

midozalouk:
Hello sir
Since we are in 2020

Or I am wrong?

Thanks sir
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by midozalouk: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Hello sir
Since we are in 2020

Or I am wrong?

Thanks sir

geometry:
INTRODUCING GEOMETRY
Satellite antenna, dish, as popularly known has ENJOYED warm acceptability, MOSTLY among NLders.interesting. why don't we (individuals) start making our own dishes, to our tastes within the permit-able parameters. the theory is simple and the analytical aspect is straight forward. i have to apologize for coming late on this page of NL and very ready I am to assist anyone willing to be part of the exploit. Maybe the moderator shouldn't consider PART 5 as last, after all.HINT: It is simpler than you could ever imagine. Ready or not, !?Can we start right now?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 4:23am On Jan 22, 2021
midozalouk:
Hello sir
Since we are in 2020

Or I am wrong?

Thanks sir

I replied this message but don't know how it not showing on here.... Yes, we can 3-D print anything pretty much these days... the same thing applies to a satellite dish, in parts (petals).... that has to be a big 3-D printer though...
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Maureenapp: 11:34am On Feb 20, 2021
Hello sir, please when a Cband dish is written 7.5 antenna does that mean that the dish is a 7.5cm dish, because I requested for a 2.5cm dish, and what I got from the seller is 7.5 antenna. Meanwhile which Decoder do u think is best to use for it sir. Please answer because my question is very urgent
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Maureenapp:
Hello sir, please when a Cband dish is written 7.5 antenna does that mean that the dish is a 7.5cm dish, because I requested for a 2.5cm dish, and what I got from the seller is 7.5 antenna. Meanwhile which Decoder do u think is best to use for it sir. Please answer because my question is very urgent

I am sorry for responding to this question late, for some reason, I must have missed the notification. can you share the photo of the dish and the page on the manual where the ''datasheet'' of the DISH reads 7.5 or 2.5... that way we can move forward in solving the riddle. as for the question of which decoder to use; most decoders have the capacity to receive both C-Band and Ku-Band.... its the programming that you would need to do to select what band of signal you are trying to receive... bare in mind this has a lot to do with your dish size and the signal footprint at your location. plz, share the datasheet of the dish you received from the supplier... in other to move forward
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by anorld054: 2:58pm On May 13, 2021
Pls senior i need the foumlar to bend the curve of 4 meter dish.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Dishtech(m): 11:22pm On May 13, 2021
anorld054:
Pls senior i need the foumlar to bend the curve of 4 meter dish.
Just the same used in calculating parabola. i.e x =y^2/4f.
where x=depth of the dish, y= radius of the dish and f= focal length.
After that value is transfer into a graph, or paper or plywood to form a mould former which is used in the construction of the mould.
The mould former can be use with metal bender to form the dish ribs.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by mumdad(m): 11:33pm On May 18, 2021
Thanks all for your useful information, I really enjoy that
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Obnelly1: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Dear Geometry,
This is to show my little appreciation for sharing your knowledge about how parabolic antennas are made.
I was inquisite to know how it's made right from 2002 not until I stumbled on your thread .you actually break everything into shambles for people in a commercial class or art class to understand it better.i can never thank you enough.
Why I am thanking you is when I saw that massive 5m you constructed i say to myself one day i will personally and single handedly fabricate 5m without no assistance and 10 yrs after your thread I made a monster 5m for myself and for others who might be interested in such massive 5m.
Geometry ,you are one in a million I cant thank you enough .
Today I can identify fibre matte of various grades, saturated polyester, cobalt and catalyst .improve myself ON metal fabrications ,welding and painting,INSTALLATION AND TESTING OF 5M PRIME FOCUS ANTENNA DISH.
GEOMETRY YOU ARE THE KING OF ANTENNA IN AFRICA.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING .

I now owns a workshop for making 3m_5m prime focus antenna dish .

4 Likes

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2021
Obnelly1:
Dear Geometry,
This is to show my little appreciation for sharing your knowledge about how parabolic antennas are made.
I was inquisite to know how it's made right from 2002 not until I stumbled on your thread .you actually break everything into shambles for people in a commercial class or art class to understand it better.i can never thank you enough.
Why I am thanking you is when I saw that massive 5m you constructed i say to myself one day i will personally and single handedly fabricate 5m without no assistance and 10 yrs after your thread I made a monster 5m for myself and for others who might be interested in such massive 5m.
Today I can identify fibre matte of various grades, saturated polyester, cobalt and catalyst .improve myself ON metal fabrications ,welding and painting,INSTALLATION AND TESTING OF 5M PRIME FOCUS ANTENNA DISH.

I am overwhelmed by these accolades! thank you, fellow... to all that have trodden a similar path in bringing knowledge to life.. kudos. Just remember the journey to meet up with the rest of the world is ahead. I have always believed we can do it... even more and better... we all know what the stumbling blocks are but, we can use the huddles as stepping stones to get to where we need to be... I thank you for the acknowledgement... I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by anorld054: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
1.2 offset

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by anorld054: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Am really enjoying it after the fabrication.Thanks to the master in these forum.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Alfaabass123: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
anorld054:
Am really enjoying it after the fabrication.Thanks to the master in these forum.
please where is your location and how much does it cost you to fabricate it.and did it bring full signal compare to ready made from China?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by anorld054: 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
Am from Ghana Eastern Region Somanya and my dish signal 90 percent accurate.because with srt 4669x i got
Dstv: normal lnb 93 inverto black 96
multi >>>>>>>> 97 >>>>>>>>>> 97
16 east>>>>>>> 97>>>>>>>>>> 97
media7 26east >>>>>>92 >>>> 95
7 west>>>> 89>>>>> 93

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Adewunmis(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
Obnelly good afternoon pls can i have your number i need to speak to you on voice call
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Adewunmis(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
Good afternoon pls i want a perfect welder who can create a good 5m mold scale for me
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by tony0806: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
Obnelly1:
Dear Geometry,

Hi. Do you still construct this 5m dish for people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.