Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now - Satellite TV Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (134951 Views)

Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 30, 2014
tonididdy: bro...please hw did calculate for the tripod lengths?

and also am hoping to construct a dish with diameter of 130cm and radius obviously 65cm, what will be my depth?
Tripod length=Focal point,Viva FTA
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by tonididdy(m): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2014
okoegualek: Tripod length=Focal point,Viva FTA
kk Ty but am confused...

I intend constructing a 130cm(1.3m) fish...how do I figure out how deep my dish depth should be ? ...or do I just choose any depth I wish,and what matters is there right calculation for my tripods lenghth and focal point measurements?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by tonididdy(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by iykmora(m): 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
are you sure about this?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by iykmora(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
tonididdy: kk Ty but am confused...

I intend constructing a 130cm(1.3m) fish...how do I figure out how deep my dish depth should be ? ...or do I just choose any depth I wish,and what matters is there right calculation for my tripods lenghth and focal point measurements?
you asked this same question in d fta thread and an answer was given. Seems you do not believe in d aid rendered. Itz all well...

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by denziz: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
please make una help me where can I get 3 metre fiber dish in Lagos.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by awaitey: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
please I need help on how to fabricate 4 meter dish.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Talibanis: 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
awaitey:
That's what this thread is for, take ur time and go thru it, u'll definitely learn a lot.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by obnelly: 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
awaitey:

Precision and accuracy is the key thing.if you can't be accurate in your design and construction your 4m might behave like 90cm.

One silly thing about dish fabrication is no matter how poor you design and construction is you still get little signal.In the long run you get discourage when you find out that you 90cm out perform your 4m.

Start with small dish design and fabrication gradually work your way to bigger dish.what Geometry posted is just the theories and practicals until you dust your tool and swing into actions then you will understand their is more to what Geometry posted.

Goodluck and happy fabrication.

2 Likes

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 7:48am On Jul 21, 2015
Wia has geometry gone to sef?

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
safex:
Wia has geometry gone to sef?

alright, I am here... I respond whenever I have me mentioned as it would give me notification through my email ... thank you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
geometry:

alright, I am here... I respond whenever I have me mentioned as it would give me notification through my email ... thank you all
Oh, dat's gud. I rilly wanna hav som chat wif u. Can u plz provide me wif either of ur whatsapp number or bbm pin if diaris. Fenks

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 12:02am On Jul 22, 2015
safex:

Oh, dat's gud. I rilly wanna hav som chat wif u. Can u plz provide me wif either of ur whatsapp number or bbm pin if diaris. Fenks

olammy77@yahoo.com ...HIT ME WITH YOUR CONTACT DETAILS...
THANKS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
geometry:

olammy77@yahoo.com ...HIT ME WITH YOUR CONTACT DETAILS... THANKS.
I've just done dat. Fenks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
safex:
I've just done dat. Fenks
did not see your mail yet, can't find it.... still waiting... wish w ecould get solution to your quest here ...
Cheers.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by blexxonmak(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
@tonididdy.
D = 130 cm,
F = 52cm,
d = 20.3 cm,
x = SQRT{POWER[31.7,2]+POWER[(65-l),2]}
where,
F = focal length
d = depth
x = tripod length
l = radius of scalar ring used.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by awaitey: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Please I think when a dish is more deeper, is an ability to get more satellite but if a satellite dish is not deep it gets less satellite . Maybe by the end of these year I will construct 4 meter dish. my number is 0546637019 u will not trust me but when am done then u will know.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 7:59am On Jul 31, 2015
geometry:

did not see your mail yet, can't find it.... still waiting... wish w ecould get solution to your quest here ...
Cheers.
Fenks bro. I've re-send d msg.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by obnelly: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2015
awaitey:
Please I think when a dish is more deeper, is an ability to get more satellite but if a satellite dish is not deep it gets less satellite . Maybe by the end of these year I will construct 4 meter dish. my number is 0546637019 u will not trust me but when am done then u will know.

No .Deep doesn't mean it get more satellite deep means terrestrial interference have little effect on it unlike its partner shallow.shallow is good but its problem is earth interference.so to me your choice of f/d has to do with the degree of interference in your site.deep dish may be good in your area while in my area its shallow but the bottom line is the which ever you choose .you Will still get good signal .
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
obnelly:

No .Deep doesn't mean it get more satellite deep means terrestrial interference have little effect on it unlike its partner shallow.shallow is good but its problem is earth interference.so to me your choice of f/d has to do with the degree of interference in your site.deep dish may be good in your area while in my area its shallow but the bottom line is the which ever you choose .you Will still get good signal .
Goodluck

ABSOLUTELY,... terrestrial interference is paramont on shallower dishes and less on deeper dishes ! why?.. because of illumination angles difference in both ... read more on the subject. but, research so far has given us some range that allows us to play safe anytime we have new TVRO projects, as illustrated on the tread long time ago, this had been given in the form of F/D ratio that is, the relation between focal length and Diameter of the dish which has direct relation to shallowness or depth of the dish. ... as a recommendation ...; F/D of between 0.35 - 0.45 iS GOOD FOR OUR TERRAIN, WEST AFRICA or AFRICA in general. ... when we are tending beyond this RANGE, I suppose its safe to opt for OFF-SET arrangement... I hope this is found helpful to all DIYers. cheers
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 12:26am On Aug 04, 2015
@geometry hop u saw my msg in ur inbox?

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
safex:
@geometry hop u saw my msg in ur inbox?
honestly not yet... again; olammy77@yahoo.com
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Alexdinho10(m): 7:08am On Sep 15, 2015
@geometry i'm prepering to cut and joint my two 1.8m dish to construt 3m dish pls i want to know if that my method will work out or not. pls give me some advice. thax
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by awaitey: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2015
pls can someone show me how to get the fd ratio please...
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by awaitey: 9:51am On Oct 11, 2015
Am confuse help me to get the fd ratio
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by waleneofgermany: 5:45am On Oct 12, 2015
pls need 3 meter dish in oyo state contact me 07061366470
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 7:52am On Oct 13, 2015
awaitey:
pls can someone show me how to get the fd ratio please...
Simply divide ur focal length by dish diameter
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2015
safex:

Simply divide ur focal length by dish diameter
measure your dish DIAMETER = D, and DEPTH = x,
Remember the formula, y^2 = 4ax; hence, y^2 = 4fx, i.e, a = f = focal length.
HINT: y = D divided by 2.
D/2 = y.
(D^2 means D squared).
therefore; (D/2)^2 = (D^2)/2^2, = (D^2)/4.
So, (D^2)/4 = 4fx
(D.D)/4 = 4fx,
(D.D) = 16fx,
D = (16fx)/D,
D = 16x(f/D),
also, 16x(f/D) = D,
(f/D) = D/16x,
f/D = D/16x.
in other word, if you know dish DIAMETER & DEPTH, you can evaluate your f/D ratio.
but if your focal length is given as is most like in the ready made dish, just divide it with the dish diameter.
I HOPE THIS HELPS, IT'S A REMINDER, I BELIEVE WE HAD IT SORTED OUT ALREADY IN THE TREAD EARLIER ON. PLEASE, REVIEW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by safex(m): 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chai! Dis one na advanced further mathematics o; as e don tey wey I don comot 4 secondary school. LOL

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2015
safex:
Chai! Dis one na advanced further mathematics o; as e don tey wey I don comot 4 secondary school. LOL
@ Safex, I was just trying to follow up your solution but, in case someone doesn't know the dish focal length (f), measure the DIAMETER ''D'' and the DEPTH ''x'' then, D/16x gives f/D ratio, is a short cut to get the focal length too by manipulating the formula... [I am still waiting for your email].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by awaitey: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
beatriceawaite@gmail.com.My email address help me with de satellite dish scerch. (4 meter dish).

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.