Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,882 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? (2869 Views)

The Interesting Culture Of Boobs Flashing At The Mardi Gras Festival, Brazil / Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. / Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:42pm On May 29, 2021
The rubbish I am witnessing in my neighborhood makes me want to pluck my eyes out of its socket like wtf.

A girl in my compound not more than 18yrs of age gave birth to a baby while still staying with her parents. Do you know that big owambe is going on in my compound right now for the said girl.

Like.. I want to understand something. What are they actually celebrating? For fucck sake a whole lot party for a girl that put to bed out of wedlock and immorality!

Of gawd I can't witness this. I can't be a party to this. Like what is the message being passed? What a pity!

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Canvass: 10:59pm On May 29, 2021
The girl, her family, their culture....their own things. Good or bad, as long as whatever they do doesn't affect you in any way, then it's better to mind your own business and divert your energy to more productive things. No need for your ethnocentric view.
Sharia and Boko Haram bullshit causing so much problems started with little prejudices like this.

22 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by temitope27(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2021
Oga u said 18, Regina Daniel is about her age when she got marry, so it happens every where

6 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by debbydams(f): 11:10pm On May 29, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
The rubbish I am witnessing in my neighborhood makes me want to pluck my eyes out of its socket like wtf.

A girl in my compound not more than 18yrs of age gave birth to a baby while still staying with her parents. Do you know that big owambe is going on in my compound right now for the said girl.

Like.. I want to understand something. What are they actually celebrating? For fucck sake a whole lot party for a girl that put to bed out of wedlock and immorality!

Of gawd I can't witness this. I can't be a party to this. Like what is the message being passed? What a pity!
maybe u are in kwara state sha..thats their culture grin grin the girl is even mature In some part in kwara state they use unwanted pregnancy to do competition. imagine a girl of 12years carrying a baby grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by ceede2: 11:34pm On May 29, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
The rubbish I am witnessing in my neighborhood makes me want to you[b]pluck my eyes out of its socket like[b]wtf.

I'm more concerned about your eyes pls remove it, that party will stop automatically.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by thatsleepboy1: 11:54pm On May 29, 2021
Yoruba pple get culture? Na nonsense life them dey leave na. Even for their village seff, na rubbish lives them dey live.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Captainjack100: 4:41am On May 30, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Yoruba pple get culture? Na nonsense life them dey leave na. Even for their village seff, na rubbish lives them dey live.
I no sure say you well. What the hell is wrong with you simp. Must you talk generally
Stop that stupid attitude of yours.

16 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Chanchit: 6:32am On May 30, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

We have the best culture in Nigeria.
What the silly OP complained about would have had a violent result in other parts of the country, but we are eating rice on it and the OP must have begged for a plate of rice before coming here to spew nonsense.

The problem with other region is that you are all used to suffering, some group of people will tell you how to live your life, whereas in Yoruba land, you have the right to your life, just like the whites. We are being held back by this forceful marriage called Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by phemmyfour: 7:11am On May 30, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

So that family is a yardstick for determining Yoruba's culture....Ara oko!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by aminusodiq(m): 7:54am On May 30, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

no... That's not what yorubas are known for
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:56am On May 30, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
This is short sighted bullcramp mind your business.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by danietohbadt(m): 7:56am On May 30, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

Sense is far away from you

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Kobicove(m): 8:00am On May 30, 2021
Times have changed...having a child out of wedlock is no longer viewed with disdain undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by lascos912(m): 8:12am On May 30, 2021
na Chelsea victory dem dey celebrate jor
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 30, 2021
temitope27:
Oga u said 18, Regina Daniel is about her age when she got marry, so it happens every where

So you truly believe reginal was 18 when she married that ancestor?

1 Like

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Omonigeriarere: 9:33am On May 30, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

No doubt, you have skipped your recommended drug.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Omonigeriarere: 9:44am On May 30, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

First of all, the fact that the girl got pregnant didn't make her a demon, as over 90% are engaging in sex irrespective of tribe.

You demonize the celebration in your mind because the lady got pregnant and didn't terminate it; will you do the same if the lady is still messing around without getting pregnant?

She delivered safely and they were celebrating; should they be mourning? A girl may got pregnant out of wedlock and she might be fortunate to get a responsible husband.

In Yoruba culture, success and achievements are celebrated no matter how little it may be.

Chief justice of federation, leave the pregnancy matter for God to judge.

Life goes on.

8 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by amuwo1980: 9:54am On May 30, 2021
temitope27:
Regina daniel got married dumbo, she did not have a baby out of wedlock , she was properly married and not the same thing here , you ppl are immoral

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:00am On May 30, 2021
Mynd44, Seun.... you see how these people openly denigrate the forum?

Why can't you delete threads and give those who make anti Yoruba posts 100 years ban?
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by AmuAwusa: 10:08am On May 30, 2021
That's yoruba culture.
They have the highest number of bastards in Nigeria.
And they do that unapologetically.
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Bimpe29: 11:10am On May 30, 2021
Man that's not peculiar to Yoruba alone na.

It happens everywhere.

However, it's really a nasty occurrence and it's condemned.
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by rex444(m): 12:33pm On May 30, 2021
All these tribal issues are not meant to be allowed here as it promotes disunity.... We are far from
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Goodlyhrt(m): 1:06pm On May 30, 2021
Canvass:
The girl, her family, their culture....their own things. Good or bad, as long as whatever they do doesn't affect you in any way, then it's better to mind your own business and divert your energy to more productive things. No need for your ethnocentric view.
Sharia and Boko Haram bullshit causing so much problems started with little prejudices like this.
I am looking at the message they are passing.. Of course it doesn't affect me in anyway but what's is right is to have our young ladies drop babies like flies while still living with their parents eh?

I shudder at people's mentality these days. There should be a line for what society tolerate for decency sake gosh!
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by DarkPheonix: 1:52pm On May 30, 2021
Another person joy is giving you headache, should they mourn cause she gave birth out of wedlock?
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Qatar2022: 2:57pm On May 30, 2021
temitope27:
Can you you people ever read before commenting? He said this girl born out of wedlock and you are comparing her with Regina Daniel

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by Unik3030: 3:15pm On May 30, 2021
AmuAwusa:
That's yoruba culture.
They have the highest number of bastards in Nigeria.
And they do that unapologetically.
this is y everyone hate u even outside Nigeria... Malaysia, India, Vietnam n co cos u won't respect your host.

I am 100 percent sure u are not in the east

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by SavageResponse(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

It is very obvious you created this thread just to denigrate the Yoruba tribe.

Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by AmuAwusa: 5:14pm On May 30, 2021
Unik3030:
this is y everyone hate u even outside Nigeria... Malaysia, India, Vietnam n co cos u won't respect your host.

I am 100 percent sure u are not in the east

Omo ale
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by temitope27(m): 6:06pm On May 30, 2021
amuwo1980:

Regina daniel got married dumbo, she did not have a baby out of wedlock , she was properly married and not the same thing here , you ppl are immoral
do you know what that op said, he said maybe it's was a culture, is that not an insult

1 Like

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by temitope27(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2021
michaelpop50:

So you truly believe reginal was 18 when she married that ancestor?
maybe not sha
Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by temitope27(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2021
Qatar2022:

Can you you people ever read before commenting? He said this girl born out of wedlock and you are comparing her with Regina Daniel
do you just believe that op, he was just trying to make fun of her cos she was to young, people lyk omotola jalade,iyabo ojo, Genevieve nnaji were once in her shoe, but they are great nw, so I don't see y they shouldn't celebrate for having a bday, will soberness bring money to their account?

1 Like

Re: Is This A Culture Of The Yoruba? by abeniagbon(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
amuwo1980:

Will you keep quiet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Men Like UGLY LADIES More Than Beautiful Ladies. True Or False? Why? / 80% Of Young Girls In My Sec School Were Sexually Harassed By Nigerian Men / What Attracted You To Your Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.