Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. (3233 Views)

Is Yahoo Still Paying? (SEE PICS) / I Sent A Girl My Picture And She Said "I look Like A Gee Boy" / Where Is This Generation Heading To what married women doing to themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by citywal(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
So I have this friend his not a computer guru but he tries, so we chilled yesterday n he knows I'm an I.T person. And his saying I'm dulling and all sorts and to be sincere I just want to make my money legitimately though it's not easy so the whole thing is just crazy...back to my friend he said it's what everyone is doing, 9 out of every 10 people both male and female do Gee. How true is this?

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by SportsHD: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
Its an epidemic.
It's just like the war against drugs in the U.S.
No one can stop it. Hell, the economy of the country ain't making things better.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by citywal(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
Wawu, I give up

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
you are entitled to your own decision - its benefits and consequences.

if you want to do it, do it

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Mustiboy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
It's not easy not to join. One small boy in my hood just cashed out and bought his elder brother and himself an iPhone 12 Pro Max each.

He has left the hood since it happened last two weeks and has lodged in Eko Hotel since then. This boy is barely 19, and it's his type that are spoiling our girls. These girls now broke-shame struggling guys even though their own father was never successful in life.

Yes, virtually every guy on the street is into it. But I, for one, have never contemplated It, as I have a remote job which pays decently and with potential of increasing my earnings to thousands of dollars monthly.

I have friends who are doing it, but I can't tell them to stop. There is no other option for these boys out there.

This is the result of a failed system. The financial status of many boys on the street has changed, thanks to the so-called 'Yahoo-Yahoo'.

However, the aftermath in a few years will be damaging, and we will be left with a dysfunctional society.

It's a fast lane, everyone; tighten your seat belts.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Temmylee01(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by citywal(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:
It's not easy not to join. One small boy in my hood just cashed out and bought his elder brother and himself an iPhone 12 Pro Max each.

He has left the hood since it happed last two weeks and has lodged in Eko Hotel since then. This boy is barely 19.

Yes, virtually every guy on the street is into it. But I, for one, have never contemplated It, as I have a remote job which pays decently and with potential of increasing my earning into thousands of dollars monthly.

I have friends who are doing it, but I can't tell them to stop. There is no other option for these boys out there.

This is the result of a failed system. The financial status of many boys on the street have changed, thanks to the so-called 'Yahoo-Yahoo'.

The aftermath in a few years will be damaging, and we will be left with a dysfunctional society.
I like the way you said it all

16 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by citywal(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
anthonyuncle:
you are entitled to your own decision - its benefits and consequences.

if you want to do it, do it
hmm
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by SenorFax(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

He has left the hood since it happened last two weeks and has lodged in Eko Hotel since then. This boy is barely 19, and it's his type that are spoiling our girls. These girls now broke-shame struggling guys even though their own father was never successful in life.

Yes, virtually every guy on the street is into it. But I, for one, have never contemplated It, as I have a remote job which pays decently and with potential of increasing my earning into thousands of dollars monthly.

This is the result of a failed system. The financial status of many boys on the street have changed, thanks to the so-called 'Yahoo-Yahoo'.

The aftermath in a few years will be damaging, and we will be left with a dysfunctional society.

It's a fast lane, everyone. Tighten your sit belts.
You are wise

9 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Emodeee: 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
The ladies too are not helping matters. if you earn legit money, you are considered an insolvent guy because you are not spending money like "sinzu spender"cheesy.

All of them wants to date a yahoo boy now. you can not even toast a girl, before you say Lalasticlala, yahoo boy have snatched hercheesy. Silly girls. Na money them know.

12 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by citywal(m): 9:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
Emodeee:
The ladies too are not helping matters. if you earn legit money, you are considered an insolvent guy because you are not spending money like "sinzu spender"cheesy.

All of them wants to date a yahoo boy now. you can not even toast a girl, before you say Lalasticlala, yahoo boy have snatched hercheesy. Silly girls. Na money them know.
I think he also has a point
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Karleb(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Yes, virtually every guy on the street is into it. But I, for one, have never contemplated It, as I have a remote job which pays decently and with potential of increasing my earnings into thousands of dollars monthly.

You write?

This was the same opinion I gave in a church program I attended 2 weeks ago.

Internet fraud and prostitution are here to stay and the number of people involved in it will continue to grow exponentially until something is done concerning our failed nation.

It was easier to be decent in 2000 compared to now.

17 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Mustiboy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2021
Karleb:

You write?

This was the same opinion I gave in a church program I attended 2 weeks ago.

Internet fraud and prostitution are here to stay and the number of people involved in it will continue to grow exponentially until something is done concerning our failed nation.

It was easier to be decent in 2000 compared to now.
If only something can be done really.

We don't have the security intelligence that can mine the datas of these guys and clamp down on anyone with questionable internet activities. As for the whoring girls, there's no law that checks how we express ourselves sexually.

I fear for this coming generation. If ours can be this bereft of moral decency, what will be passed on to them when their fathers and mothers will be the fraudsters and whòres we're talking about now?

It can only get worse.

11 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Makestyles: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Yes, virtually every guy on the street is into it. But I, for one, have never contemplated It, as I have a remote job which pays decently and with potential of increasing my earnings into thousands of dollars monthly.

This is the result of a failed system. The financial status of many boys on the street has changed, thanks to the so-called 'Yahoo-Yahoo'.

With your artistry and eloquence in writing, I'm sure u will go very far.

3 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by DaInferno(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
citywal:
So I have this friend his not a computer guru but he tries, so we chilled yesterday n he knows I'm an I.T person. And his saying I'm dulling and all sorts and to be sincere I just want to make my money legitimately though it's not easy so the whole thing is just crazy...back to my friend he said it's what everyone is doing, 9 out of every 10 people both male and female do Gee. How true is this?
after listening to buhari discouraging news about every place being filled. Many are seriously considering it. I inclusive smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Mophor: 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
Damn Niggar!!!!!
You face the consequences of the decision you take now either good or bad

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Kennyking1234: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
It undoubtedly a pop culture in Nigeria today, most of them claim they are trying to "get back the stolen wealth from the imperialist" and use other means to justify their income.

One common theme about yahoo boys is that they lack financial wisdom, they only think of spending; it could be women, phones, hotels, Benz and other extravagance. The average yahoo boy isn't thinking about how to convert his stolen wealth to cash-generating assets.

My prediction is that when "Yahoo Yahoo" becomes more difficult with time and the young boys of today become older, it would be common to find men(former yahoo boys) regretting their extravagance and foolish spending on liabilities such as Benz, iPhone, women etc.

Moral: Think long term and always try to covert your liquid cash to assets that appreciates with time. Invest your money in knowledge, stocks, bonds etc

18 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by ruggedtimi(m): 2:00am On Jul 06, 2021
I think WhatsApp status and Instagram played a role in the increasing rate of yahoo boys in Nigeria...back then in 2006-2010 to be a yahoo boy wasn't easy and it was only a small circle of guys that were into it. Hardship for Nigeria follow oh, but com'on when you see ur guy for whatsapp status posting steady balling pics next thing Na "guy how e dey be, what's the level?"....If not for internet fraud Na only politicians and top richmen children go fit afford stuffs like latest iPhone, luxury hotels, designer wears, Uber/bolt dey survive mainly on Yahoo boys. If not for yahoo crime rate in Nigeria would be alarming just like south America countries.

7 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by ruggedtimi(m): 2:05am On Jul 06, 2021
Kennyking1234:
It undoubtedly a pop culture in Nigeria today, most of them claim they are trying to "get back the stolen wealth from the imperialist" and use other means to justify their income.

One common theme about yahoo boys is that they lack financial wisdom, they only think of spending; it could be women, phones, hotels, Benz and other extravagance. The average yahoo boy isn't thinking about how to convert his stolen wealth to cash-generating assets.

My prediction is that when "Yahoo Yahoo" becomes more difficult with time and the young boys of today become older, it would be common to find men(former yahoo boys) regretting their extravagance and foolish spending on liabilities such as Benz, iPhone, women etc.

Moral: Think long term and always try to covert your liquid cash to assets that appreciates with time. Invest your money in knowledge, stocks, bonds etc
right now most of them invest in assets. 80% of the domestic gas stations in south south especially delta state is owned by Yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by phemmyfour: 5:16am On Jul 06, 2021
citywal:
He's right. The economy is not helping matters

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Nackzy: 5:21am On Jul 06, 2021
Buhari is promoting it

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 06, 2021
ruggedtimi:
right now most of them invest in assets. 80% of the domestic gas stations in south south especially delta state is owned by Yahoo boys.
Exactly that’s stereotypical; that was the G boys of 6 years ago.
Today all of them done wise up. All G boys now invest their money after cashing out.
Beauty spas, restaurants, boutiques, barber shops, game shops etc
Most SMEs you see springing up daily are being set up by them. Like it’s crazy grin
This economy has taught everyone important lessons about money.

4 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by The5DME(m): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2021
It will never stop.

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by citywal(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2021
ruggedtimi:
I think WhatsApp status and Instagram played a role in the increasing rate of yahoo boys in Nigeria...back then in 2006-2010 to be a yahoo boy wasn't easy and it was only a small circle of guys that were into it. Hardship for Nigeria follow oh, but com'on when you see ur guy for whatsapp status posting steady balling pics next thing Na "guy how e dey be, what's the level?"....If not for internet fraud Na only politicians and top richmen children go fit afford stuffs like latest iPhone, luxury hotels, designer wears, Uber/bolt dey survive mainly on Yahoo boys. If not for yahoo crime rate in Nigeria would be alarming just like south America countries.
are you sure?
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by ruggedtimi(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2021
citywal:
are you sure?
sure of what?
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by NobleSeed(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
you catch client 12:00 am ,you bill am 2:30 am , she pay you 5:00 am ...you keep banging my WhatsApp status and be shouting GRACE!!! up and down.my friend will shut up.na juju you dey used...grace kee you there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by NaijaProxyBase: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
There are many legitimate ways to make it online but you need a successful mentor. If you really know blogging, it is enough. It can never be saturated.

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by JohnOkolo: 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
Mustiboy:

This is not a result of failed system, if it is no one would be left out. At least a lot of people make money legitimately in Nigeria. It's caused by self greed and laziness of Nigerian Youths.
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Mustiboy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2021
JohnOkolo:

This is not a result of failed system, if it is no one would be left out. At least a lot of people make money legitimately in Nigeria. It's caused by self greed and laziness of Nigerian Youths.

What makes the youths greedy and seemingly lazy?
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Lamanii22(f): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
Mustiboy:

You write excellently well....

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Lamanii22(f): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2021
Mophor:
Damn Niggar!!!!!
You face the consequences of the decision you take now either good or bad

"Damn Niggar" has been trademarked by slawormirr!!!!
Re: Is Yahoo (gee) Becoming A Culture In This Generation? What Are Your Thoughts. by Assumptabeke(f): 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
This internet fraud of a thing has come to stay in Nigeria. Parents are even enablers of this culture. It takes a guy with strong self discipline, not to succumb to this peer pressure of joining those internet fraudsters.
As it is difficult for a guy to find a lady that isn't money conscious "the Lau Lau spender" so it is for a lady that is looking for a guy with genuine income.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does A Man Need To Keep Fit To Satisfy His Girlfriend Or It's A Man's World / How Do I Photoshop My Boobs For Facebook? / Ladies, If You Had The Chance To Date A Nairaland Mod.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.