Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Marry Your Best Friend! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry Your Best Friend! (1135 Views)

Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates / Marry Your Mate By Apostle Joshua Selman (6 Mates You Should Marry) / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry Your Best Friend! by Nobody: 6:50am On May 30, 2021
People define marriage as the union of two people (man and woman) for the purpose of starting a family, which carries legal, social and religious rights. Religion will go ahead to define it as an intimate and complementing union between man and woman in which two becomes one physically. Whichever definition you choose to follow, you are right but for me i would define marriage as an intimate union of two best friends (or would be best friends) which is made sacrosanct by religion and legal by government.

It is pertinent to note here that it is not necessary that marriage must start between two best friends but very necessary that they would have to be best friends for the marriage work. Many successful couples especially our parents who may not have dated or known each other prior to marriage had to find a way to become friends (even though they did not consciously notice doing so) with thier partners before they could last that long.

Marriage is a forever game. The certificate, the ceremony or the religious ritual is not the marriage, those are just giving you the legal and religious go ahead to begin the marriage proper. To enjoy the game and play it wholeheartedly with minimal problems, it is important that you either marry your best friend or become best of friends with the one you married.

In the end, the sex will become normal, no matter how sexy partners are. You will eventually get used to your partner’s beauty, no matter how pretty or handsome they are. The money will eventually become a normal part of the marriage and would not mean much anymore. The exciting love and burning passion coupled with lust which propelled the marriage at the beginning, will eventual reduce and maybe hide in the background. It is the friendship which partners form that eventually drives them through.

The benefits of marrying your best friend or forming best friends with your partners is that you tend to overlook certain things for them and forgive more easily. You get to know each other better and even more than they know themselves. You tend to see the things you do for them as fun and not as a duty. The marriage becomes more versatile and freestyle rather than formal. The initial excitement and feelings may fade but you will still like each other very much.

If you are intending to go into marriage, make sure to build friendship first before you go ahead to marry that person. If you are struggling to build the friendship then that’s a red flag. Within the confines of the home, marriage should be more informal than formal. You should not necessarily see them as husband or wife but fun partner.

Build friendship first, create friendly bond, play like friends, get on each other’s nerves and let the friendship deal with it. If you are already into marriage, see your partner as a friend, build that friendly relationship and bond with them and let friendship guide you through. The bond of true friendship is powerful, do not underate it, use it to make things work. Build friendship, marry your best friend and stay married to your friend.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2019/11/16/marry-your-best-friend/

CC
misssclassy
Lalasticlala
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Mukina2

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by hartoyebi38: 6:55am On May 30, 2021
Trouble for who wants to marry.

Nice write up though

2 Likes

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Sammy07: 6:58am On May 30, 2021
So who's the best friend?

Who told.you best friend no dey fumble?

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Goldbw122(m): 7:04am On May 30, 2021
What of those that don't have friends, talkless of best friend?

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Deborah98(f): 7:36am On May 30, 2021
The person above me wrote my mind,what of we wey no get friend let alone a best for that matter,Las Las we go dey alright. Nice one Op you tried
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Flows001(m): 8:05am On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:
The person above me wrote my mind,what of we wey no get fiend let alone a best for that matter,Las Las we go dey alright. Nice one Op you tried
Read the write-up again, OP said you must not necessarily have a best friend but try and develop friendship with whoever you intend to proceed to the altar with....
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by bigpicture001: 9:27am On May 30, 2021
Make i hear say ladies agree...they love mystery
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Sammy07: 10:01am On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:
The person above me wrote my mind,what of we wey no get friend let alone a best for that matter,Las Las we go dey alright. Nice one Op you tried

Lemme be your friend wink
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Nobody: 10:06am On May 30, 2021
Money done spoil all our best friends, now it's money friends we are dating
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:45am On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:

And why you no get friends? Na wa oooo I find this hard to believe.
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2021
Goldbw122:
What of those that don't have friends, talkless of best friend?

No one exist alone. There's no such thing as not having friends.
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Bola146(f): 12:04pm On May 30, 2021
God bless you for this wonderful sermon

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Plut01: 12:07pm On May 30, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

No one exist alone. There's no such thing as not having friends.

You think?

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:59pm On May 30, 2021
Plut01:

You think?

I'm not thinking, it's the truth.

People who claim not to have friends,have personal issues themselves that they've not settled.

The first being are they friendly, sincere and genuine.

The second being, have they recognised people who they intend to make friends with the same value system as theirs, and do they treat actions from a place of sincerity and not perfection?
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Plut01: 1:17pm On May 30, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

I'm not thinking, it's the truth.

People who claim not to have friends,have personal issues themselves that they've not settled.
?

To put it better, people with personal issues can leave alone without friends especially those who are aware of their toxic nature.

Your initial comment says, no one can leave without friends.

Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:34pm On May 30, 2021
Plut01:

To put it better, people with personal issues can leave alone without friends especially those who are aware of their toxic nature.

Your initial comment says, no one can leave without friends.

Yes I did say that. And I still stand by it.

Are you telling me now you don't have at least a contact on your phone to call when you're in need?

Even firstly, what is your definition of a friend?
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Deborah98(f): 2:09pm On May 30, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

And why you no get friends? Na wa oooo I find this hard to believe.
be my friend then
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Deborah98(f): 2:09pm On May 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Lemme be your friend wink
sure you are welcome
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Deborah98(f): 2:10pm On May 30, 2021
Flows001:
Read the write-up again, OP said you must not necessarily have a best friend but try and develop friendship with whoever you intend to proceed to the altar with....
okay thanks
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Sammy07: 2:12pm On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:
sure you are welcome

Really shocked
What email should I send a messg to.
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Deborah98(f): 2:17pm On May 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Really shocked
What email should I send a messg to.
Dm me here on nairaland,I'll get back to you
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by blinking001(m): 3:34pm On May 30, 2021
Bla bla bla
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Yusufisraelj(m): 3:51pm On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:
be my friend then

Okay, happy Sunday.
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Osashalom: 4:10pm On May 30, 2021
[quote author=Deborah98 post=102186927]The person above me wrote my mind,what of we wey no get friend let alone a best for that matter,Las Las we go dey alright. Nice one Op you tried[/quthe
You and the person above you didnt read the post well if at all you did.
You guys should read it again and modify your comments .
Re: Marry Your Best Friend! by Osashalom: 4:10pm On May 30, 2021
[quote author=Deborah98 post=102186927]The person above me wrote my mind,what of we wey no get friend let alone a best for that matter,Las Las we go dey alright. Nice one Op you tried[/quthe

You and the person above you didnt read the post well if at all you did.
You guys should read it again and modify your comments .

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija2021: Queen Lap Dancing,twerking And Rocking Whitemoney On His D**k / Woman Impregnated Twice By Her Twin Brother Insists On Marrying Him / Is It Possible To Get Responsible Girl In A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.