Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,477 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members (935 Views)

APC Concedes Defeat, Congratulates Obaseki, Admits Edo Election Free, Fair / Hosa Okunbo Congratulates Obaseki On His Reelection / Ize-Iyamu Congratulates Victor Edoror, New Speaker Of Edo House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by ChrisOsaEdo(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2021
https://chrisosamedia.com/2021/05/31/breaking-ize-iyamu-congratulates-obaseki-appeals-for-14-elected-members-of-edo-assembly-others/

Edo state APC governorship candidate in the Edo gubernatorial election, Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu has congratulated Governor Obaseki over his victory at the Supreme Court.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu wrote this in a letter directed to Godwin Obaseki.

Read letter below

To: His Excellency, Mr Godwin Obaseki,
Executive Governor of Edo State,
Government House,
Osadebey Avenue,
GRA, Benin City.

Your Excellency,
CONGRATULATIONS

Last Friday’s judgement of the Supreme Court, puts an end to the series of litigations we had over last year’s governorship elections.

For the records, Your Excellency, your supporters had instituted thirteen (13) different pre-election cases against my deputy and I; all seeking to disqualify us from participating in the election. On our part, our party, the APC had only one case against Your Excellency and your party.

We also deliberately did not go to the Elections Tribunal, not because we did not have issues but because we felt it was better to allow you face the job at hand, moreso as our party at the National level had congratulated you.

We are happy that all these cases have come to an end. Now that it is all over, please accept my congratulations.

Having said that, I want to appeal to you to kindly consider the pertinent issues of the 14 constituencies, including the two in your local government – Oredo and the two in your deputy’s local government – Etsako West, that are presently without representation at the Edo State Assembly. Though the matter is in court, you are in a vantage position to consider an out-of-court settlement of the issue, in the overall interest of our state.

Your Excellency would also do well to intervene in the issue of elected Local Government Chairmen, Vice-chairmen, Councilors and Supervisory Councillors, who sometime ago, were suspended and removed from office. Our appeal is that you consider paying them their entitlements since it is now late for them to return to their offices. This can also be through the out of court settlement.

Your Excellency, for us in the APC, as the opposition party in the state, we have a duty to ensure that your government does the right thing always.

Once again, I congratulate Your Excellency and I wish you well.

Signed
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu

1 Like

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by ChrisOsaEdo(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2021
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by bolaayenimo: 1:33pm On May 31, 2021
sorry is your name

2 Likes

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by mike8804: 1:36pm On May 31, 2021
You cant eat your cake and have it, choose where you belong carefully

1 Like

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by InteriorGuy: 1:39pm On May 31, 2021
You now know that Obaseki is the governor abii?

3 Likes

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by ChangetheChange: 1:43pm On May 31, 2021
Lol Ize Iyamu appealing for supended state house of assembly members, so that can help use kangaroo impeachment to remove obaseki and his deputy and pave the way for another election.

4 Likes

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by InaNla(f): 1:55pm On May 31, 2021
I LAUGH grin

1 Like

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by InaNla(f): 1:55pm On May 31, 2021
I LAUGH

1 Like

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by Pmpm: 1:58pm On May 31, 2021
I see
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by ndizzle(m): 2:29pm On May 31, 2021
The answer is NO!!!
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by dlaw70(m): 2:32pm On May 31, 2021
Oshiomole don finish this one political carrier .

Fear ugly men

1 Like

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by chinjo(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2021
No way. Tell them to go and meet Oshiomhole.
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by leofab(f): 3:35pm On May 31, 2021
Mumu request
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by budusky05(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2021
Matured
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by Randy111(m): 6:53pm On May 31, 2021
dlaw70:
Oshiomole don finish this one political carrier .

Fear ugly men

Lol.. walahi. I fear who no fear ugly, short men

1 Like

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by Randy111(m): 6:55pm On May 31, 2021
budusky05:
Matured

No let me say mature ki you there ooo. Where was mature when he went to Court? Na as he fail before he remember mature abi?
Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by festacman(m): 7:13pm On May 31, 2021
Good one from Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu. Mature, bold and democratic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ize Iyamu Congratulates Obaseki, Appeals For 14 Elected Assembly Members by jowhyte(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2021
After losing and seriously beaten at the Supreme Court?

(1) (Reply)

Sit At Home Strike For Igboho And His Aides In Yorubaland. / Power Goes To The South In 2023, Anyone Against This Is Nigeria's Enemy -igbokwe / Prince Emmanuel Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Addresses The Press In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.