Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu (2083 Views)

Masked Oyigbo Girl: Wike Has Turned His Back On Us, We Are Dying Daily / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Alawe(m): 10:58am On Jun 01, 2021
My name is Chinedu Onyema from Etche, Rivers State. Nyesom Wike has no right to speak for indigenous Igbos in Rivers State.

I saw Fulani people rejoicing on Facebook because Nyesom Wike said Rivers State is not part of Biafra.

Let me just tell the Fulani, Nyesom Wike has only 1 vote if referendum is conducted.

Anyway, Nyesom Wike is just a politician that is protecting his office, so I don’t blame him.

I dare Federal Government to conduct referendum in Rivers State and see that 70% of Rivers State population is Igbo.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Ezeama400: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2021
WIke is a clown, I have seen him several times stylishly pushing the narratives that Ibos are immigrants in Rivers..

Wetin person no go hear for this country?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by gidgiddy: 11:20am On Jun 01, 2021
Wike's foolishness is beyond belief. He keeps saying that Rivers state is South South as if South South means anything

I doubt if he knows that South South is neither a Region nor is recognised by the constitution

He doesn't even know that large chunks of Rivers state su h Obigbo, Eche and Egbema used to be in Imo state

9 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by BKayy: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2021
I don't engage on wike and, Ikwerre people thread. Left for me, they should be cut out from all igbo affairs including Ọhaneze and WIC. Them being there while castigating Ndigbo in Nigeria is Shameless of them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by goodnessme1(f): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2021
Am proud Ada Asaba.

God bless all Igbo.

8 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2021
let wike enjoy his Godhood for now because him for one knows that Biafra land will never welcome him......signing out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by owobokiri(m): 11:35am On Jun 01, 2021
It is time for the MAJORITY igbo population in Rivers State to start speaking up and start challenging Mrs Tambuwal! Nyesomghosa Wikevie is on steroids..
He's has said a lot of nonsense these days.

During the Obigbo massacres, he actually made a statewide address where he said there are no Igbos in Rivers State! What does that mean? And the Igbos indigenous to Rivers State kept quiet!

You guys need to push back. He only has few years to stay there so there's little he can do really.. An inebriated ikwerre tout has no right to define your identity..

10 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Lajet: 11:36am On Jun 01, 2021
Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. we should not blame Wicked wike have any Igbo leader or Ohaneze Ndigbo challenge him there is no Igbo indigene in Rivers state? the answer is no. Igbo have the worst leaders in Nigeria.

Can Wike try to say there is no Ijaw indigene in Rivers state no he can't try it because he knows that Ijaws have leaders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by richmond500: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2021
In a referendum, 70% won't vote for Igbos.
We have so many ethnicities like Ikwerre, All rivers Ijaw, Ogoni, Opbo etc that are not pro-biafran and they make up the majority

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Fahdiga(m): 11:47am On Jun 01, 2021
Who takes the drunk Wike seriously
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2021
BKayy:
I don't engage on wike and, Ikwerre people thread. Left for me, they should be cut out from all igbo affairs including Ọhaneze and WIC. Them being there while castigating Ndigbo in Nigeria is Shameless of them

This has always been my stance.
Go to Ikwerre Rant on Facebook and Other Facebook platforms, Ikwerre people are Igbophobic on the majority.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2021
Alawe:
My name is Chinedu Onyema from Etche, Rivers State. Nyesom Wike has no right to speak for indigenous Igbos in Rivers State.

I saw Fulani people rejoicing on Facebook because Nyesom Wike said Rivers State is not part of Biafra.

Let me just tell the Fulani, Nyesom Wike has only 1 vote if referendum is conducted.

Anyway, Nyesom Wike is just a politician that is protecting his office, so I don’t blame him.

I dare Federal Government to conduct referendum in Rivers State and see that 70% of Rivers State population is Igbo.
Wike keep saying that he's not afraid to die!

He should face those threatening him to make those wreckless statements and govern the state properly with the little time he has!

I see a man afraid of what will become of him after he steps down

Hence these misconduct!!!
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Asgard73: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2021
They’re happy.. with the lies grin

So it’s a Fulani state grin
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2021
owobokiri:
It is time for the MAJORITY igbo population in Rivers State to start speaking up and start challenging Mrs Tambuwal! Nyesomghosa Wikevie is on steroids..
He's has said a lot of nonsense these days.

During the Obigbo massacres, he actually made a statewide address where he said there are no Igbos in Rivers State! What does that mean? And the Igbos indigenous to Rivers State kept quiet!

You guys need to push back. He only has few years to stay there so there's little he can do really.. An inebriated ikwerre tout has no right to define your identity..

The Igbo in Rivers State are not really in majority.
Just Obiigbo and Egbema.
How do you expect them to push back in an Igbophobic state when we have cowards as SE governors and Ohanaeze Ndiigbo fraudulently open doors to Igbophobic Ikwerres to flood the organization?

We are compromised and need a serious in-house cleaning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by alpha2zulu: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2021
Same here. We Igbos in Delta State are fully in support of what our brethren decides in the East.

No room for division.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by owobokiri(m): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

Just Obiigbo and Egbema.
How do you expect them to push back in an Igbophobic state when we have cowards as SE governors and Ohanaeze Ndiigbo fraudulently open doors to Igbophobic Ikwerres to flood the organization?

I don't think that Ikwerres in Ohanaeze are the problem. I think it's Ikwerres of Nyesomghosa Wikevie heu.. Ikwerre in Ohanaeze are trying to identify, how we they the problems?
And honestly, irrespective of the size or quantity, the areas in Rivers State that see themselves as Igbos should be pushing back against the emperor of Rivers outbursts..

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by paramakina202: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

Just Obiigbo and Egbema.

It is internal affairs of River state people.They should challenge Wike if truely they are not in support of his position.
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2021
owobokiri:

I don't think that Ikwerres in Ohanaeze are the problem. I think it's Ikwerres of Nyesomghosa Wikevie heu.. Ikwerre in Ohanaeze are trying to identify, how we they the problems?
And honestly, irrespective of the size or quantity, the areas in Rivers State that see themselves as Igbos should be pushing back against the emperor of Rivers outbursts..

The Ikwerre in Ohanaeze are nothing but moles. The earlier some of you understand it,the better.
The Ikwerre are on the majority Igbophobic.

Visit Ikwerre land and find out for yourself. Join Ikwerre private groups on Facebook and see the sorts of Igbophobic sentiments expressed there with no objection whatsoever from any of them.
Some of you like playing the ostrich. But the truth will keep rearing it's ugly head.

Wike is not a problem. Wike represents the sentiment of majority of his people back home. Know this and know peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Alawe:

Wike is a clown
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
paramakina202:

It is internal affairs of River state people.They should challenge Wike if truely they are not in support of his position.

They can't do much.
Those people are highly marginalized in that state by overwhelming Igbophobic Agenda there.
To stand up against the Igbophobia, they need a stronger SE and Ohanaeze leadership to back them.
But how will the above happen when you have same Igbophobic Ikwerres given access to infiltrate even the holy Chambers of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, the Ime-Obi?

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by owobokiri(m): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

The Ikwerre in Ohanaeze are nothing but moles. The earlier some of you understand it,the better.
The Ikwerre are on the majority Igbophobic.

Visit Ikwerre land and find out for yourself. Join Ikwerre private groups on Facebook and see the sorts of Igbophobic sentiments expressed there with no objection whatsoever from any of them.
Some of you like playing the ostrich. But the truth will keep rearing it's ugly head.

Wike is not a problem. Wike represents the sentiment of majority of his people back home. Know this and know peace.

Dude,
You mangle these things sometimes..
I'm pretty straightforward in my analysis of these events most times.
I agree totally with you that igbophobia is ripe in most of these places. You don't need to tell me. I experienced it first hand in Kano from two Ogonis more than a decade ago! Story for another day..
Where I have always disagreed with you is on the source of these mega hate, how to contain or deal with it and how to calibrate a powerful state in the midst of all these cacophony of noises, going forward.

You want the Igbo to retract his steps, shrink in and turn inwards.. I disagree.
Taking into cognizance the chances of utilizing the influences coming with having those willing to associate with the Igbos amongst these groups, I believe that we have to be fluid, dynamic and less stiff about things... It's communities and societies we are talking about not individual relationships...
Nobody is playing ostrich but if you recoil at the sight of every problem and obstacle, how do you win?

7 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
owobokiri:

Dude,
You mangle these things sometimes..
I'm pretty straightforward in my analysis of these events most times.
I agree totally with you that igbophobia is ripe in most of these places. You don't need to tell me. I experienced it first hand in Kano from two Ogonis more than a decade ago! Story for another day..
Where I have always disagreed with you is on the source of these mega hate, how to contain or deal with it and how to calibrate a powerful state in the midst of all these cacophony of noises, going forward.

You want the Igbo to retract his steps, shrink in and turn inwards.. I disagree.
Taking into cognizance the chances of utilizing the influences coming with having those willing to associate with the Igbos amongst these groups, I believe that we have to be fluid, dynamic and less stiff about things... It's communities and societies we are talking about not individual relationships...
Nobody is playing ostrich but if you recoil at the sight of every problem and obstacle, how do you win?

Sometimes in life, to move forward,you need to take a step back.

In Igbo we say: Ebule laa azu, onwere mpi bia ogu!

Think about it.
Cutting off these minorities who are currently nothing but liabilities to us,might on the long run do us a whole world of good.
Many times, humans are better appreciated in our absence (death). There is a reason for that too.

6 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by paramakina202: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

They can't do much.
Those people are highly marginalized in that state by overwhelming Igbophobic Agenda there.
To stand up against the Igbophobia, they need a stronger SE and Ohanaeze leadership to back them.
But how will the above happen when you have same Igbophobic Ikwerres given access to infiltrate even the holy Chambers of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, the Ime-Obi?

True,Ikwerre should be expelled from Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo with immediate effect.
They should stop accepting spies into apex Igbo organisation.
Igbos living in River state should stop supporting UNGRATEFUL Ikwerri candidates during election.
Igbo vs Ikwerri relationship should be based on tit for tat basis.Enough of their nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
paramakina202:

True,Ikwerre should be expelled from Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo with immediate effect.
They should stop accepting spies into apex Igbo organisation.
Igbos living in River state should stop supporting UNGRATEFUL Ikwerri candidates during election.
Igbo vs Ikwerri relationship should be based on tit for tat basis.Enough of their nonsense.

Exactly what reasonable Igbos have been advising.

The above is simple and easy enough.
But folks can't let go of irrational sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Ayomide811(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
[s]
Alawe:

[/s]Landgrabber

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by paramakina202: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

Exactly what reasonable Igbos have been advising.

The above is simple and easy enough.
But folks can let go of irrational sentiments.

Exactly.
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by stonemasonn: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
You guys will not ask yourselves why the Igbophobia in Rivers state.
Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by kingbee90: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
Having read through the comments here & from the happenings in the Eastern Nigeria, I can now see that I have been wrong all along thinking that the Igbos were smart and intelligent people. They are only smart when it comes to money matters but are foolish when it comes to politics & critical reasoning. Allowing Nnamdi Kanu, one small boy with a questionable past(a scammer, Yahoo boy & a former jigolo) to lead them astray from the comfort of a far away land. Look at the once peaceful east, the eastern Nigeria is currently on fire with hundreds of promising igbo youths dieing in vain. It is not wrong to demand for your own Nation if you guys feel aggrieved but is this the right way to go about it? MUST you force other regions into your biafra? Rivers state is not biafra and will never be biafra. Rivers state has major tribes like the Ogonis, ijaws, ikwerres etc so you guys should keep calm and do your businesses in peace or we order you back to your various states or obigbo where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by FreeIgbos: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
@igboid
@owobokiri

You both are right in your assertions, the difference in your argument can be likened to 6 and half a dozen. That said, I want to make a point clear. The Ikwerre actually believe that we Igbos have nothing to offer them. In fact, they actually believe that it will pay them more to be hostile to us than to accept us brothers.

These guys are utterly selfish and deluded, they see the larger Igbo nation as a competition they can't afford to deal with but by distancing themselves from us, they will leverage on the national Igbophobic tendencies to rob us, eat their cake and still have it. The height of it was immediately after the war. They not only seized Igbo houses but also seized lands belonging to other Igbos that fled their communities during the war because they were pro Igbo/Biafra. I almost shed tears when I recently watched a documentary by a white man who interviewed this Igbos whose lands ikwerres seized. They told the interviewer that the ikwerres have refused to leave their lands they are now occupying and were threatening to fight them using state power and all. When the ikwerres were interviewed, they claimed those that fled should return to the East Central state. While the pro Igbo returnees appeared helpless and sorry looking, the ikwerres on the other hand appeared arrogant with a devil may care attitude. Remember, this was when the oil industry was picking up, so while money was flowing from the oil industry, Igbos in the East Central state were still very broke and their ego still bruised and battered. The documentary also stated that all the Igbos working in the oil industry prior to the civil war were never allowed to return. From that short video, I immediately understood why it became fashionable for Igbo communities to start denying their Igbo heritage so they won't have to suffer the indignities the Igbos were suffering then.

Way forward? Let's forget these people, both the ikwerres and others still denying us. Instead, let's use all our energy to develop the core Igboland. Believe me, the giant strides we have made since the war ended while their oil resources hasn't made much difference to them as they had assumed, is partly the reason why they are no longer as proud as they used to be when the war ended.

Let's build our cities and economy. Believe me, the amount of respect we will have going forward will depend on how successful we become as a race. We are already on the right path while the oil industry is declining. Let's build our brands like Innoson, Air Peace, Nollywood, transport companies, diaspora population, intellectuals etc. And we would surely laugh last!

7 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2021
FreeIgbos:
@igboid
@owobokiri

You both are right in your assertions, the difference in your argument can be likened to 6 and half a dozen. That said, I want to make a point clear. The Ikwerre actually believe that we Igbos have nothing to offer them. In fact, they actually believe that it will pay them more to be hostile to us than to accept us brothers.

These guys are utterly selfish and deluded, they see the larger Igbo nation as a competition they can't afford to deal with but by distancing themselves from us, they will leverage on the national Igbophobic tendencies to rob us, eat their cake and still have it. The height of it was immediately after the war. They not only seized Igbo houses but also seized lands belonging to other Igbos that fled their communities during the war because they were pro Igbo/Biafra. I almost shed tears when I recently watched a documentary by a white man who interviewed this Igbos whose lands ikwerres seized. They told the interviewer that the ikwerres have refused to leave their lands they are now occupying and were threatening to fight them using state power and all. When the ikwerres were interviewed, they claimed those that fled should return to the East Central state. Remember, this was when the oil industry was picking up, so while money was flowing from the oil industry, Igbos in the East Central state were still very broke, and ...

Owobokiri cannot be correct if I'm correct.

Of course the Ikwerre is banking on the Igbo emotional attachment to remain in business. The know the foolish Igbo residents in Rivers State will keep voting them in elections on the altar of non existent brotherhood that the Ikwerres don't recognize. We are indeed very poor at this game of politics.

They harvest the Nigerian Igbophobic Agenda to stay in business, and when convenient they claim Igbo to get whatever crumbs Igbo have and to get Igbo support against their fellow Igbophobic non Igboid Rivers neighbors, because they know that Igbos are stupid when it comes to political manipulation.

They even say this openly in their groups, that the Igbos are stupid and that they can be Igbo whenever they want and achieve whatever they want. They can be Igbophobic and kill Igbos and you will still have the likes of Owobokiri, Nnamdi Kanu and the incompetent Ohanaeze calling them brothers. You think the likes of Uche Okwukwu and other Ikwerre moles in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo are not working hand in hand with Ogbakor Ikwerre and Wike?
Sometimes I get baffled how we became this slow.

When we become serious as a people, we know the right thing to do. All we need to end this nonsense is to solidify the line between Igbo and Ikwerre and totally relate with them as any non Igbo minorities. This would see us expel the moles amongst them in our Ohanaeze Ime-Obi.

I will continue saying it until people grow sense.
Now IPOB are seeing Wike as an enemy, claiming they will deal with him after he left office. They want to pretend like Wike isn't just the same as majority of Ikwerre people back home. When they were busy hobnobbing with Wike , I was here too advising on caution, reminding them that Wike is still an Ikwerre man and that majority of these people are Igbophobic. https://www.nairaland.com/4232285/wike-secondus-vs-yoruba-pdp

So what's next when they are done with Wike? They would deal with the rest of Igbophobic Ikwerre people back home too? Are the Ikwerres really worth it? When are we going to grow up as a people?

Listen, no matter how strong you are, you can't hold unto a hand that will not hold unto you.
At a point you have to realize that you are disspating energy and let go.

I can't continue repeating same thing everyday. Folks will not listen, so what's the point?
Onye ajuru anaghi Aju onwe ya.

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by FreeIgbos: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

Owobokiri cannot be correct if I'm correct.

Of course the Ikwerre is banking on the Igbo emotional attachment to remain in business.

They harvest the Nigerian Igbophobic Agenda to stay in business, and when convenient they claim Igbo to get whatever crumbs Igbo have, because they know that Igbos are stupid. They even say this openly in their groups, that the Igbos are stupid and that they can be Igbo whenever they want and achieve whatever they want. They can be Igbophobic and kill Igbos and you will still have the likes of Owobokiri, Nnamdi Kanu and the incompetent Ohanaeze calling them brothers. You think the likes of Uche Okwukwu and other Ikwerre moles in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo are not working hand in hand with Ogbakor Ikwerre and Wike?
Sometimes I get baffled how we became this slow.

When we become serious as a people, we know the right thing to do.

I will continue saying it until people grow sense.
Now IPOB are seeing Wike as an enemy, claiming they will deal with him after he left office. They want to pretend like Wike isn't just the same as majority of Ikwerre people back home. When they were busy hobnobbing with Wike , I was here too advising on caution, reminding them that Wike is still an Ikwerre man and that majority of these people are Igbophobic.

So what's next when they are done with Wike? They would deal with the rest of Igbophobic Ikwerre people back home too? Are the Ikwerres really worth it? When are we going to grow up as a people?

Listen, no matter how strong you are, you can't hold unto a hand that will not hold unto you.
At a point you have to realize that you are disspating energy and let go.

I can't continue repeating same thing everyday. Folks will not listen, so what's the point?
Onye ajuru anaghi Aju onwe ya.

While I agree with you about drawing a line against them, my point is that the only way we can truly humiliate these guys and make them regret all they did to us is only if we are able to become great.

When the war ended, the ikwerres assumed that we were totally down and out, never to rise again. They thought that the oil industry will make them rich so why accommodate us when we have nothing to offer them, instead by denying us, it will make it easy for them to claim our properties and ride on Igbophobic tendencies that was popular in Nigeria to fame. 50+ years later, the oil industry didn't make them rich as they had assumed while the Igbos they thought were routed have now clawed their way back up the food chain, and far more prosperous than them! Now, while the oil industry is past its prime, we Igbos are on the ascendancy, making exploits in many areas of life.

There is something about us Igbos that I don't understand. We claim to be Jews, but we don't act marchiavelian like the Jews when it matters most. Why on Earth would Igbos still return to build houses/plazas and buy properties in P.H after the terrible experience our parents suffered there? Maybe, it's our individualistic/capitalist nature that causes it but it's very wrong, everything shouldn't be about amassing profits! Imagine a P.H without Igbo investments?

Wike is trying to re-establish that same Igbophobia against us and worse still, he wants to rally all others against us and not just the ikwerres. We lack strong and wise leaders that ought to have corrected wike each time he makes his foolish statements. Lastly, you are right about cutting them off, at least it will stop them from eating their cake and still having it.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Has No Right To Speak For Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State -chinedu by Igboid: 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
FreeIgbos:

While I agree with you about drawing a line against them, my point is that the only way we can truly humiliate these guys and make them regret all they did to us is only if we are able to become great.

When the war ended, the ikwerres assumed that we were totally down and out, never to rise again. They thought that the oil industry will make them rich so why accommodate us when we have nothing to offer them, instead by denying us, it will make it easy for them to claim our properties and ride on Igbophobic tendencies that was popular in Nigeria to fame. 50+ years later, the oil industry didn't make them rich as they had assumed while the Igbos they thought were routed have now clawed their way back up the food chain, and far more prosperous than them! Now, while the oil industry is past its prime, we Igbos are on the ascendancy, making exploits in many areas of life.

There is something about us Igbos that I don't understand. We claim to be Jews, but we don't act marchiavelian like the Jews when it matters most. Why on Earth would Igbos still return to build houses/plazas and buy properties in P.H after the terrible experience our parents suffered there? Maybe, it's our individualistic/capitalist nature that causes it but it's very wrong, everything shouldn't be about amassing profits! Imagine a P.H without Igbo investments?

Wike is trying to re-establish that same Igbophobia against us and worse still, he wants to rally all others against us and not just the ikwerres. We lack strong and wise leaders that ought to have corrected wike each time he makes his foolish statements. Lastly, you are right about cutting them off, at least it will stop them from eating their cake and still having it.

The bold is the point.

Yes! It's obvious we are a people without a political think tank.
Everyone does what he like, little wonder we have become politically weak.

I have a friend from Obiigbo. He said nothing pains him and his people most than the Igbophobia they have to endure from Igbophobic Ikwerre people in Rivers because they held unto their Igbo identity only to have Ndiigbo in SE embracing same IGBOPHOBIC Ikwerre people so much as have them occupy high posts in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo. He says it's equivalent to betrayal and that his people have concluded that the SE are a people lacking in political calculations and hence it has dawned on them that they have to start protecting their own interests themselves and that denying any link with SE is going to be the starting point of this.

The only thing holding Obiigbo people for now is the Ndoki people trapped in Ukwa East Abia State.

Ohanaeze, IPOB and all Igbo political elites have been a total disaster as far as relationship with minorities is concerned.

The price we will pay if IPOB, Ohanaeze and co don't drop the likes Ikwerre would be loss of Obiigbo, Egbema and possibly Enuani as well.
And of course, it's obvious Ikwerres and co can only become more Igbophobic the more crude oil becomes useless and it dawned on them they have only ben left worst off.

It's baffling how dense and politically blind these people are to see the writing on the wall.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

TWITTER Nigeria Is Officially Down / Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. / IBB Rejects Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.