Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? (675 Views)

What People Do Not Know About Ogbanje: Question People Ask / Meet Harmony, The Sex Robot Doll That Moans, Talks (Photos, Video) / I'm Engaged But I Am Having The Greatest Sex Of My Life With My Childhood Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by MadeINchenzen2: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
This is the regular question u hear people ask when they are being told of the birth of a baby of which parents they may be familiar with.

Person 1: "My wife has put it bed"

Person 2: "Wow, congratulations... how's baby and mother doing?

Person 1: "They are doing very fine"

Person 2: "Ok... Male or female" grin

That is very senseless question to ask.

I will suggest u stop asking that question.
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by MadeINchenzen2: 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
In a country where giving birth to a Male child looks like the primary aim for most parents, it's easy to know where that mentality came from.

A child is a child, why put better preference on one?
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by donbachi(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
Don't Mind them.."wetin She born,She born normal?"
As if e get abnormal ways to born.
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by PrimeWatermark: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
Typical of Nigerians grin grin

They'll be clamouring for a male child as if they have inheritance for the poor soul. Worse still, if he's the first son.. No be wahala be that??

Pikin na pikin abeg, whether male or female.. Only give birth to what you can take care of.
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by DDDEnterprises: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
I guess it's just out curiosity for some people.

If you told someone, you're going abroad, they'd be curious to know which country.

If you told someone you gained admission, they'd be curious to know which school.

so I think it's just curiosity (for some people at least)

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by MadeINchenzen2: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
I guess it's just out curiosity for some people.

If you told someone, you're going abroad, they'd be curious to know which country.

If you told someone you gained admission, they'd be curious to know which school.

so I think it's just curiosity (for some people at least)
what curiosity?
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by IceDune: 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
So if you tell me you bought a car, I can't ask which brand.

Nonsense!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by Coldshisha: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
Which one no be pikin
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by Cholls(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2021
Coldshisha:
Which one no be pikin
[img]https:///media/6-10-2018/nFVMcC.gif[/img] [/quote]
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by MadeINchenzen2: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
IceDune:
So if you tell me you bought a car, I can't ask which brand.

Nonsense!!!
come back to this 5 years later and read it again... lets see if it'll make sense
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by Truvelisback(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
So It's Now A Crime To Ask 4 D Sex Of A Child. Nosense Thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by abeniagbon(m): 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
You're very right,never even ask shey na twins abi na one
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by habsydiamond(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Atimes it's to know the kind of gift or clout to choose.... We all know that there are colors that suits male and those that suits females... Thats my thinking though
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by bepositive11: 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
In a country where giving birth to a Male child looks like the primary aim for most parents, it's easy to know where that mentality came from.

A child is a child, why put better preference on one?

They are not the same. Only male children can pass on their family name
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by IceDune: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
come back to this 5 years later and read it again... lets see if it'll make sense
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by IceDune: 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:

Why 5yrs? I already have a car and a daughter and answered those questions without prejudice
Re: Why Do People Ask About The Sex Of A New Born Baby? by Qatar2022: 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
bepositive11:

They are not the same. Only male children can pass on their family name
Don't mind them, na girls dey say pikin na pikin

(1) (Reply)

Bride Dies While Having Sekz With Husband On Night Of Wedding - Video / Erotic Photo Selfies Challenge / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.