Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN (23158 Views)

Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption / Fact Chek: Has NIN-SIM Integration Reduced Kidnapping As Claimed By Pantami? / Lai Mohammed: Kidnapping, Banditry Not Federal Offences In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by syntekelite(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
abbey621:

Even your own solution can and will never work. Who be government? No be people like you and I? Even if you managed to convince the poor ones, how will you convince the ones that are okay financially or wealthy? There's a saying, the more wealth you have the less aggressive you become. Not everyone is feeling the heat, some are still enjoying the cool breeze from their arctic blast air conditioner. Let's even assume you managed to convince some of them, how easy would it be for the government to dish out juicy appointments or contracts? In every movement, when the leaders or the vocal points are crushed, the movement falls. Don't know about you but my Yoruba brothers and sisters have been known to change their tune on seeing money, some of my Igbo folks are prone to such as well so goodluck grin grin grin
Well said..you are right in many aspects.. thats why its called economic boycotting. Imagine 80million nigerians not buyin fuel for 3months. How many are the rich men? economic boycott is to target those who can lean hard on the president,every policy makers company, wifes company.. will government send soldier to come and force me to go to filling station? When ur nepa card expires,imagine 100million nigerians not paying,imagine us not subcribing for multichoice,its hard i know but i believe its still the best way,imagine 120million people not buying fulani cows,am sure you read where tompolo wanted to start bombing pipelines,did you see the speedy reaction of the govt??.when rich mens source of income is threatened trust me they wil do the needful.my idea isnt perfect but it's better than a protest that will surely be hijacked. We will get there one day..am certain..
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by bergs2: 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
frog12:
just like all of the youths are CHASING easy money.

the ones in POLITICAL POSTS have unqualified degrees. i know one with PHD but a real dullard and get political post.
I even know another one wey dey do PHD but no understand BASIC knowledge but tomorrow you go hear the person be COMMISSIONER of this and dat or even MINISTER!

just so you know
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by Abdogood(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
This guy na express mumu dede
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by Calitoscassius(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Shybucks:
Insulting people because they are elements of individual reasoning does not mirror the self acclaimed intelligence you seem so keen on bringing to fore!!!!
I don't remember insulting you, but if you feel insulted there is not nothing i can do about that. Point out where i insulted you or bugger off!. grin if you didn't like my opinion that is your own palaver! I didn't make my comment to make you feel better. I am not on here to measure and compare intelligence if that is what you are on here for go look for Albert Einstein grin I am just a train driver.
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by Afromentalist: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
abbey621:
I hate going around in circles and you've deliberately circumvent my points. Everybody in China and Russia speaks a common language in addition to their different local dialect, this cannot be said of Nigeria. Apart from working for a top companies in the USA for a decade now, I also run 3 businesses that requires me to travel to Shenzhen and Beijing once or twice a year, there is no province or town in China that does not speak Mandarin, likewise Russia, there's no city or town that does not speak Russian. Nigeria's official language is English, believe it or not yet so many towns in the North that does not understand pidgin not to talk of English.
LOL. Part of the problem with you guys is that you always think you have the keys to foreign countries. First off, I do not see how your profession and businesses relate to the topic at hand unless you feel a desire to state them.

Bruv, my entire family lives in the USA (from parents to most of my siblings), and it was my second home until I left the country some decades ago. China is a country I have spent a full year in (student exchange) - and still visit regularly, and I have learnt the Mandarin dialect to an extent. As an avid traveller and for professional reasons, I have been to most of the countries you can think of, for prolonged sojourn of many months. I hold 3 different citizenships while speaking 4 different languages fluently, and some more which I have only elementary knowledge.

Now that been said, if you don't know that there are hundreds versions of chinese that are HUGELY different from one another, then you most likely go and stay among africans expatriates or chinese sellers that speak some english and think you have truly visited china. DO SOME RESEARCH OR ASK AROUND TO LOCALS.

This is an excerpt from Wikipedia

"The predominant language is Standard Chinese, which is based on central Mandarin, there are hundreds of related Chinese languages, collectively known as Hanyu (simplified Chinese: 汉语; traditional Chinese: 漢語; pinyin: Hànyǔ, 'Han language'), that are spoken by 92% of the population. The Chinese (or 'Sinitic') languages are typically divided into seven major language groups, and their study is a distinct academic discipline.[5] They differ as much from each other morphologically and phonetically as do English, German and Danish.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_China

My best friend in China and language Partner told me personally, there are more than 200 different dialect in china, and orally they are very very different to one another. I have also experienced it and until it is written, you may not realize it's the same language.

abbey621:
You focused primarily on size which has nothing to do with my assertions. You keep focusing on Lagos but let me flip it on you, how many Yorubas are in highly sensitive positions in the North? How many can become emirs, sultan, Imam, etc? Go to Igboland as well, how many Fulanis can become king, chief and so on. If truly people saw themselves as Nigerian first before tribal or ethnic affiliation, shouldn't we be more integrated by now? Until you can properly and honestly answer my questions, please don't compare us to China or Russia, we have no such unity, what divides us is far greater than what unites us and to think otherwise is to continue living a life of ofutu fete aka lalaland/fantasy!
This is exactly my point! If china was poorly managed, they too would implode from the inside and see each other as enemies!

I am not against restructuring, in fact I am rather favorable to it, but if you fail to identify your true problem as a nation, you will never overcome your challenge! When Tinibu is syphoning the funds in Lagos is it because he is a northerner? Or you mean those that stole money from Delta State, are not from Delta state?

Poor and incompetent leadership is and will always be the problem, restrutured or not.
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by missymide: 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Which NIN are you referring to hmm. Kidnapping has increased by 100% in the last one month so much that children are not feeling safe again in their schools which is supposed to be a home away from home
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by abbey621(m): 12:49am On Jun 05, 2021
Afromentalist:

LOL. Part of the problem with you guys is that you always think you have the keys to foreign countries. First off, I do not see how your profession and businesses relate to the topic at hand unless you feel a desire to state them.

Bruv, my entire family lives in the USA (from parents to most of my siblings), and it was my second home until I left the country some decades ago. China is a country I have spent a full year in (student exchange) - and still visit regularly, and I have learnt the Mandarin dialect to an extent. As an avid traveller and for professional reasons, I have been to most of the countries you can think of, for prolonged sojourn of many months. I hold 3 different citizenships while speaking 4 different languages fluently, and some more which I have only elementary knowledge.

Now that been said, if you don't know that there are hundreds versions of chinese that are HUGELY different from one another, then you most likely go and stay among africans expatriates or chinese sellers that speak some english and think you have truly visited china. DO SOME RESEARCH OR ASK AROUND TO LOCALS.

This is an excerpt from Wikipedia

"The predominant language is Standard Chinese, which is based on central Mandarin, there are hundreds of related Chinese languages, collectively known as Hanyu (simplified Chinese: 汉语; traditional Chinese: 漢語; pinyin: Hànyǔ, 'Han language'), that are spoken by 92% of the population. The Chinese (or 'Sinitic') languages are typically divided into seven major language groups, and their study is a distinct academic discipline.[5] They differ as much from each other morphologically and phonetically as do English, German and Danish.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_China

My best friend in China and language Partner told me personally, there are more than 200 different dialect in china, and orally they are very very different to one another. I have also experienced it and until it is written, you may not realize it's the same language.

This is exactly my point! If china was poorly managed, they too would implode from the inside and see each other as enemies!

I am not against restructuring, in fact I am rather favorable to it, but if you fail to identify your true problem as a nation, you will never overcome your challenge! When Tinibu is syphoning the funds in Lagos is it because he is a northerner? Or you mean those that stole money from Delta State, are not from Delta state?

Poor and incompetent leadership is and will always be the problem, restrutured or not.

I don't know why you feel so insecure but the gibberish you wrote only further proves my point. You were the one that wrote:

I have been to more countries that you can imagine.

If you truly believe that russians and chinese are uniform in their whole country, countries that are 10 times or more as big as nigeria, then I am the one to sincerely doubt you have truly stepped your foot outside Africa.

Yet you criticize me for defending myself, guy stop it!

Furthermore you're still missing the point, there is nowhere you can go in China that they won't undertsand Mandarin, just like in Yorubaland, there's nowhere that doesn't understand the language even though there are numerous local dialects or modifications. This is not the same as comparing Yorubaland to Fulani or Hausa. A youruba man cannot go to a Fulani dominated area and speak the official language of Nigeria which is English and expect them to automatically understand him. Your incessant need to argue against this baffles me

Now to where I agree with you, yes incompetent leadership is to blame but it is not the only thing to blame, until the people starts seeing themselves as one Nigerians instead of Yoruba man, Hausa or Igbo; until we remove the religious chirade that makes people betray their neighbors all because of religious indfifference, we cannot progress as a country.

You keep mentioning leadership? Who are the leaders? Are they supposed to be specially bred or what? Did they not grow up within the same system of bigotry and ethnic bias? It's like buying Agege bread and expecting rice inside? Who does that? History repeats itself, once as a tragedy and the next time as comedy. The ugly nation of 70s and early 80s has once again presented itself, it remains to be seen if people will be slaughtered like pigs or we do the sensible and allow self determination.
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by Afromentalist: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2021
abbey621:
I don't know why you feel so insecure but the gibberish you wrote only further proves my point. You were the one that wrote:

Yet you criticize me for defending myself, guy stop it!
I believe you have a short memory. I wrote that in answer to a question YOU ASKED:

abbey621:
Have you ever been to China or Russia? Can you differentiate between clans?
and I never talked anything related to profession or whatnot, so my point stand.

abbey621:
Now to where I agree with you, yes incompetent leadership is to blame but it is not the only thing to blame, until the people starts seeing themselves as one Nigerians instead of Yoruba man, Hausa or Igbo; until we remove the religious chirade that makes people betray their neighbors all because of religious indfifference, we cannot progress as a country.
Agreed. And leadership is fundamental to creating this sense of common inheritance, of unity. If there was no succession of biased and bigot leaders, each trying to favor their own side, Buhari being the pinnacle of it, Nigeria would have transcended these minor tribal differences and rather found a way to capitalize on them.
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by abbey621(m): 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
Afromentalist:

I believe you have a short memory. I wrote that in answer to a question YOU ASKED:

and I never talked anything related to profession or whatnot, so my point stand.

[s]Agreed. And leadership is fundamental to creating this sense of common inheritance, of unity. If there was no succession of biased and bigot leaders, each trying to favor their own side, Buhari being the pinnacle of it, Nigeria would have transcended these minor tribal differences and rather found a way to capitalize on them. [/s]

Look around your neighborhood, look at your families, friends, colleagues, celebrities etc, leaders are chosen from the people, the people reflect their culture and unfortunately the african culture is one of selfishness and powewr struggles. We want our leaders to change but we don't want to change ourselves? Everyone shouts about the civil war but many forgot that we have had several other wars that were deadly as well involving ethnic and tribal clashes, my friend from Modakeke is still traumatized till date, many mallams were slaughtered in Lagos in the early 2000s and so on, Nigeria jagajaga we automatically blame one person not knowing it's a combination of all branches of government, the people and the environment. Guy I don talk too much, it's Saturday and I need to decompress.....Peace!
Re: Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN by Afromentalist: 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
abbey621:
Look around your neighborhood, look at your families, friends, colleagues, celebrities etc, leaders are chosen from the people, the people reflect their culture and unfortunately the african culture is one of selfishness and powewr struggles. We want our leaders to change but we don't want to change ourselves?
This is immaterial to the discussion. Of course a country is the sum total of its citizens, and for the country to move forward the collective consciousness of the country should equally improve. this has never been in dispute, nor does it belittle the importance of a proactive intelligent leadership.

With respect to your going out on Saturday, you do as you will, I never came looking for a discussion with you. You are the one that engaged me, and are therefore free to equally leave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Disowns Security Advisory In Circulation / Pro-Tinubu Supporters Obtain Permit To Rally In Washington DC / Pictures Of President Tinunbu At The UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.