Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! (2827 Views)

Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ) / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by Evept(f): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2007
Are you a female in interracial marriage or relationship and you will like to make friends with other female's in the same situations and discuss your experince
get in touch.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by hannydarl(f): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2007
Intresting kiss
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by Leilah(f): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2007
yes, I would. I am married to a very good man from Nigeria, we have one child. We went to Nigeria last year and it was very nice. It really opened my mind to a lot of things and thankfully gave me a more positive outlook.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by smile76(f): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2007
i was married to a spanish guy, we met in england, got married here 10 yrs ago. managed to live in spain for a couple of yrs, i came back to england following our seperation.
having interracial relationship is just abit hard, especially when i moved to spain. nothing to do with my inlaws cos they are lovely uptill now, but couldn't blend in very much with spain as a whole, i believe its due to them not seeing much of interacial couple that much.
as for the hubby himself he's just like any ordinary man, he has been to nigeria, and blended in very much, the only difference was his colour.
unfortunately the marriage didn't work. well thats another topic.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by English1(f): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2007
Hello, me too grin

I am English and in a 4 year relationship with a Nigerian (Yoruba) man. It's not always easy as our cultures are so different and it would be nice to talk to someone else in the same situation, as I don't know anyone. It certainly keeps life interesting though cheesy
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by smile76(f): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2007
am always here i you need to talk ok.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by Evept(f): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2007
Leilah:

yes, I would. I am married to a very good man from Nigeria, we have one child. We went to Nigeria last year and it was very nice. It really opened my mind to a lot of things and thankfully gave me a more positive outlook.

@ Leilah,that's nice i wish u the best,how was ur visit to Nigeria ? and how are u finding ur relationship with ur husband and his family?as people think it's difficult cos the couples are from different cultures?

smile76:

i was married to a spanish guy, we met in england, got married here 10 years ago. managed to live in spain for a couple of years, i came back to england following our seperation.
having interracial relationship is just abit hard, especially when i moved to spain. nothing to do with my inlaws because they are lovely uptill now, but couldn't blend in very much with spain as a whole, i believe its due to them not seeing much of interacial couple that much.
as for the hubby himself he's just like any ordinary man, he has been to nigeria, and blended in very much, the only difference was his colour.
unfortunately the marriage didn't work. well thats another topic.

@ Smile 76, it could be more difficult if u dont speak the language to enable u comminicate with ur in-laws and people around and some of spanish dont accept interracial relationship but some dont mind as long as the couples are happy,
There are more interracial couples in spain now than before especially in the big city

as for in-laws they can make relationship very difficult for someone if they dont accept it and it destroy marriages .
did u and ur spanish husband have kids together ,if yes how are ur kids finding it over there in UK or do they prefer spain?

English1:

Hello, me too grin

I am English and in a 4 year relationship with a Nigerian (Yoruba) man. It's not always easy as our cultures are so different and it would be nice to talk to someone else in the same situation, as I don't know anyone. It certainly keeps life interesting though cheesy

@ English1,congratulations,4 years is a longtime sometimes the different cultures make's things difficult but with time u will get use to it as long as ur open to his culture \ at least understand it ,it will make things easier for u but in every situation love can overcome all the difficulties that's what i believe.

i find it very difficult with my husband's culture sometimes but im learning and getting use to it and so does he with my culture,so it make's things much easier on both of us.
im always here if u need to talk to someone wink

hope we all keep in touch,
Evept
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by iyawo1005(f): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2007
@English1

I am also in a relationship with a Yoruba man. So if you ever want to talk, my email addy is lilbynature421@excite.com.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by smile76(f): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2007
i can speak 80% spanish, my inlaws are the best. never had any problem with them and am still in contact with them. i have 2 kids, they lived most of their lives here in england and lived in spain just few years. i believe they prefer to live in spain maybe becos of the weather cos there's more outdoor things to do.
i know there more different races in the city like madrid, but spain in general is not used to foreigners as britain yet.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by Leilah(f): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2007
Hey well I really enjoyed my trip. Thankfully I can understand a lot about the culture mainly due to my work experience in human rights and different cultures. However, there has been quite a few instances where something would come up and I got confused but I picked up on it, interpreted it, compromised and put it into practice. I have been the one to address and deal with the cultural differences he is quite laid back about it. I suppose thats good I guess becuase he is not a judgemental person. Just a bit lazy sometimes though cheesy its all good though for now and hopefully that will be forever.
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by Cathian: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2007
I am also in the same situation, we live in NJ, USA. He is from Nigeria (Yoruba) and we have been together for 2-years now; getting married next year in Nigeria. I am still learning, between trying to speak the language to communicate with his mother (she will not speak English, even though she knows it), cooking (he won't eat American food unless he absolutely has to) and getting used to the culture, We take it one day at a time, He is tough though, no sugar coating anything, don't ask him how your hair or how something you have on looks, or you might not be prepared for the answer!

Anyway, if you ever want to talk my e-mail is Majektess@aol.com.

Cathy
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by YetundeLara(f): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nigerian and Colombian
Re: Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
I'm a British-Canadian dating a Nigerian guy smiley

(1) (Reply)

Seeking Nigeria Divorce Info Please / You Got Home And Saw This, What Would You Do? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.