Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria (50932 Views)

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action / FG Suspends Twitter's Operations In Nigeria / Tell Nigerians What FG Used Borrowed N3tr For, Atiku Asks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by observanc1: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
SmartProf:

They forgot to use NTA
who dey watch NTA?
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by ivolt: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
Bad timing.
Twitter is owned by an anarcho communists.
It should have long been banned or heavily regulated for being the platform of choice for fake news.
But banning them after deleting Buhari's tweet is in bad taste.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by emperordelis(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...

Lot of no good sons and daughters of bitches in this present administration

Welcome back Scumbag
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by foreshore(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
Built2last:
Can you help me understand this

What do you expect from one that does not have sense
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Quodseverismete: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
FG will come out to say they were quoted out of context.
A government that is depending on foreign loan to survive can't suspend multi blog like Tweeter.

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by phoneport(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
WATCH AS NIGERIAN POLICE WILL START CHECKING BOYS PHONE UP AND DOWN NOW TO SEE IF TWITTER IS STILL INSTALLED

Shameless Government

As If They Know What It Means And The Implications Of Shutting A Social Media Platform Down

NA WHO DO US DIS?

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mynd44:
I don't think they banned the use of Twitter. I think they banned the operations. Meaning twitter won't be able to run adverts and the likes.

I might be wrong though.
I don't think it's the advert that is the problem to Buhari junta

It is actually the service itself giving Nigerians opportunity to express themselves

It might take some time to fully filter in
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by shyvicky: 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ipob keeps making the FG to lose

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by michoim(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Is also on all the major news media outlets in Nigeria...
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by EmmanuelScott1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
F.G suspends Twitter in Nigeria

Thank God I'm in UAR grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by MarxMike(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Can't stop laughing.. Comic relief grin grin grin
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
Surfshark VPN- 80% discount on 2 years subscription

Thankfully by the end of two years; these incompetent buffoons will be out
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by olatade(m): 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
grin
SmartProf:

They forgot to use NTA

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by OMOJOHN001: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
APC at the federal level just shot themselves on the leg.
TUEEEEH Let see how they will use Twitter and Facebook for campaign come year 2023.
They are in big mess
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by dragunov: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kamelot77:
Buhari is the worst thing that happens to Nigeria after that 1914 forced marriage.

No. Its actually GEJ that I blame. He caused this. oBJ put him there, knowing Yaradua would not last, expecting him to right the wrongs institutionalized by the Caliohate and Abdulsalami. He was expected to be close to OBJ and learn the ropes so as to deal effective ly with this animals. But what did he do? He flunked everything ofcourse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by ellizy(m): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Clowns
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Yankee101: 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Go form yours
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by undigeh: 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
He whosoever dig a pit for some to fall shall fall therein himself.
Remember the one Haman dug for Mordecai?
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by UNCL3(m): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Good evening beautiful people.

Stream this wonderful song I did.

Link in signature, I promise no regrets on your data.

Thank you.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Amazing! When they were posting their campaigns and fake promises on twitter in 2015 ahead of the presidential elections, they didn't suspend twitter. In fact, twitter played a major role in the election of buhari in 2015 with people donating money willingly for his campaigns but then, it seemed good to them. These people have taken us for a ride for too long. The same youths they deceived to gain power by making them campaign for them on social media with their fake promises, should do the needful in 2023 and ensure they never taste power again. Enough said

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Deydontknow(m): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Yeye FG Yawu Yawu govt with bad Belle polithiefians undecided
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by shedy03(m): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mynd44:
I don't think they banned the use of Twitter. I think they banned the operations. Meaning twitter won't be able to run adverts and the likes.

I might be wrong though.
I agree with you
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by nduchucks: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Owners of Twitter got too big for their britches.

Overdo no good.

Federal Government 1 secessionists 0

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
GeneralPula:
China banned twitter, Instagram and co to create their wechat, then they grow it and it’s now widely used..

Nigerian techs should warm up abeg - introduce a sane app and let’s start from there !
China is a communist state rivalry America

They both don't like each other keeping sensitive information of their citizens

Meanwhile we are a democracy

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Paswill(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
This minister just carry twitter for head. He's only visible when it comes to banning and clamping down social media. This same twitter they used aggressively and without remorse during the 2015 and 2019 elections for their campaigns and shit is now their worst nightmare. Tyrannists don't like the masses to have a voice, it's no surprise at all.

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Reference(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Right..so...

I am not on Twitter or Facebook or any other such media but for those on,

What is the experience like.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Ventura1: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Try and search how Twitter and Facebook data centres looks like, do you think it cost moin moin to host SM as huge as Twitter?
GeneralPula:
China banned twitter, Instagram and co to create their wechat, then they grow it and it’s now widely used..

Nigerian techs should warm up abeg - introduce a sane app and let’s start from there !
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Heavensent01(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Fulani and their disgrace to the entire country and some of them attend school yet their roaming with cow mentality still dey affect them

I pray they get sense before is too late
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by AdeniyiA(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Twitter should just flaunt some million dollars in their faces in Abuja to borrow, come and see the speed with which they will beg and grant all necessary permissions to it.
They aren't even ashamed that Twitter sited their headquarters in Ghana rather than here. They keep sinking but keep calling us dumb, this govt is the worst we have ever seen in Nigeria history angry
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by SaintLucia: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
Yes so that Jack the Twitter guy can see it before the full implementation. He love his country America and deleted a lot of twits that encourage the invasion of the Capitol Hill. Tanzania, India, China, Uganda, Saudi Arabia, UAE and many developing countries suspended them and heaven did not fall. Let them pay the fine and follow the ethical rules if they still want to continue to operate in Africa largest market Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
Xpol:
SMH. Some people think Twitter didn’t know what they were doing in choosing Ghana for their HQ instead of Nigeria
Ask them. Twitter understands Nigeria better than Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

REVEALED: The Men and Woman Who Convinced Jonathan To Concede Defeat. / Buhari Under Presure To Sack Amaechi- Pilot Newspaper / Dino Melaye Poses With His Lamborghini Gallardo And Ferrari California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.