Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? (27634 Views)

Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches against Nigerians / #TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by tandy2013: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:
This has crossed my mind several times I must admit.. why is Kanu freely posting hateful and inciting comments on twitter and facebook yet they can't shut him off or ban him for violating their rules..

Can anyone post such inciting comments about killing Americans on twitter and they won't take it down? Igbos have really abused those platforms yet when you ask them to leave your domain, they'll refuse.

You lots don't know what divorce or breakup means, you'll definitely pack your bags and leave my space.

So saying the truth has become hate speech? Only in the Zoo

It is called freedom of speech

Kanu is a freedom fighter
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
Yusman316:

The president was only talking for talking sake. How many of his orders has been carried out? What new order do u think he will give that he has already not given?

That's where the problem is.. any other person can talk for talking sake but not a public figure.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by blackmaine: 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2021
Yes the soldiers sent to our land shall die one after the order.. Amen...So how is it a threatening speech, Are soldiers not meant for war? Is either they kill or they are killed and someone said they will be killed you're here talking rubbish..African mentality
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by 1Dray(m): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Which campaign sir? There's no Twitter Nigeria anywhere, it's IPOB terrorists online platform. Check the evidence that even Nigerians are shocked that 'Twitter ' left such an incendiary tweet.

Jack will soon investigate and find out that those he employed to oversee his business here are IPOB terrorists. That tweet by the fugitive terrorists leader of IPOB terrorists will never be tolerated even in the US

Says a renowned terrorist mod, that got booted out as a mod given his terrorist activities and tendencies on Nairaland.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Yusman316(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jman24:

That's where the problem is.. any other person can talk for talking sake but not a public figure.
But let us be honest with ourselves. U and I know nothing will come out of the president's statement. All the marching orders he has given against boko haram and bandits, what was the out come? But the point still remains that he didn't mention ipob, Igbo, S.E or Biafra. And that war reference he made was to allude to the fact that the country doesn't want to go through that again
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by MummyD2020(f): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sunday2021:
how many times do you want him to condemn them. Even if you are a fooool, you should know that mr president has been condemning the activities of boko haram, bandits and killer herdmen.
Some of you are too foolish to recognize the evil plan that twitter Nigeria is planning for our country .

U mean ur useless mum is a fool? I never knew. Its a shame to think that she has raised an idiot instead of a useless son that cant counter an arguement without insulting his mum's mate, bastard like u. U think u are intelligent? Is that how u go about insulting the people around u? How do u learn u animal?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by bewla(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
[quote author=goody2019 post=102392830]

Point of correction. Its national issue, not personal issue. Twitter platform is being used by Kanu to incite violence all along. What did Twitter do?[/quoted] is the Twitty by Buhari from.his personal one or from FG Twitter handle let's get this straight
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by dlordy100: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speech?

Hate Speech Monger - Nnamdi Kanu

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

I mean, WHAT CLEARER CASE OF BIAS IS THERE THAN THAT?

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

So WELL DONE Mr President.
Another afonja spotted... But ur a fool too just like ur stupid president
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by SouthEastFacts: 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Sunday2021:
if you are ready for the war, why are you crying when Buhari made his statement. Foolish chestbeater!
the last time we fought you guys, your elders ran to London to beg their slave masters for help
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Babysho(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

So because people can do business on Twitter, it makes Twitter your god that cannot be challenged? I mean, you Nigerians and your inferiority complex are just sickening.

Oh sure, let them use their platform to promote anarchy and secessionist violence in Nigeria. Who are we to dare complain?

Tufiakwa. Slaves.
The irony...the very agitator of violence is Buhari.
And I agree Twitter isn't a god and should be challenged but don't disallow Nigerians from using the app in the name of "we're concerned" when Nigerians need that app. With how much of Trump's tweets that were deleted, USA never stopped it's citizens from using the app.

The kidnappings and herdsmen issues, are they happening on Twitter? Twitter is the least of our problems and I just realised this entire charade is a distraction to take our minds away from the real life issues Nigerians are facing.

I have to say though, people like you are giving this man Buhari too much power. I'll not be surprised if he runs for another term or replaces himself with another northerner come 2023.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Techguy96(m): 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
You are mixing it up

Twitter is entitled to have its Policy

Nigeria also has policy on who can operate in Nigeria

This is nothing new whether in China France Israel or Turkey

If Twitter disagrees it can go to a Nigerian court to challenge the decision. That is the point
And is that a decision one minister should take?

From all indication this decision of banning twitter was taken by lia Mohammed n buhari just gave in a nod.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by omonnakoda: 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
Techguy96:

And is that a decision one minister should take?

From all indication this decision of banning twitter was taken by lia Mohammed n buhari just gave in a nod.
There is a good argument to be had in court Twitter should go to court In Nigeria it it thinks it is worth it. I believe it will enrich our democracy and jurisprudence
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CoolAmbience(m): 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jman24:

Let me teach you how a presidential speech is supposed to be made

"Many of those criminals/rebels/outlaws/gunmen misbehaving today in the south Eastern part of Nigeria, should understand the level of tolerance they have enjoyed so far in the hands of the government. Forth with, all other excesses will be met with stiff resistance..."

(There is no needed using a past war to drive a point).

Chai chai chai.. Africa

In what country have you been President?

My friend, go and sit down.

Twitter remains suspended.

Save your speech for when you become President of your village meeting.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CoolAmbience(m): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jman24:

Those misbehaving is vague Mr Man

There are other bad behaviors not related to unknown gun men even though such behaviors are undesirable, especially when it has to do with the civil war reference

The President has made his point.

I support his post 200%.

If I were President, I would use even tougher words.

Your likes were the ones applauding those burning down public properties and killing security operatives, and now you are here to criticize what the President said.

You can as well ask writers and historians to expunge the word 'war' from materials and literatures all over the world.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Invitationn: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Exactly, our country our rules. It's not Buhari's country. So he shouldn't use us to get back at Twitter (if democracy is truly the style). Calling out Nnamdi now that Buhari's tweets were deleted is simply acknowledging that both Buhari and Nnamdi went so low. I don't know why Kanu wasn't banned. I don't know the rules of Twitter as I don't use the app. And if you read my post, you'd see I clearly stated it's not about whether Twitter was fair or not. It's more about the fact that Buhari to react by shutting out his own citizens from the platform because he felt hurt.
Well, you're probably right.
However, this probably isn't just about Buhari.
The FG has been bottling up Twitter's 'trespasses' since Endsars.
There's tension in the country ATM and the FG sees Twitter as a big threat.
Especially going by the fact that Kanu's incendiaries manages to beat their algorithm undetected everytime.
Trust me, at the end of the day, the president is responsible for the country first before the people.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Invitationn: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2021
ablejesus26:

The civil war is an issue that touches the heart of every Igboman.
I am not an ipob supporter,but when you make such statements you have automatically called out every Igboman.
Make una dey talk true.
What statement??
This??
“Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War,”
Are you one of those who are misbehaving? grin
I understand your prejudice man.
You claim you're not an IPOB supporter but I put it to you that you have a soft spot for them.
Much like Palestinians sympathizing with Hammas; even worse.
I get it.

Facts: Bubu never generalized his threat.
We should learn how to compartmentalize our sentiments and emotions.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Invitationn: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2021
Kemistri4:

Bullcrap. He didn't even mentioned IPOB. He said "Youths of the region " and then threatened to use his civil war experience to "treat them in the language they understand ". That was pure hate speech.

Show me where he has used such statements about the NE.

In fact, Twitter was too lenient with him. He should have been banned indefinitely...
Look...where did he say youths??

“Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War,”

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2021
CoolAmbience:

The President has made his point.

I support his post 200%.

If I were President, I would use even tougher words.

Your likes were the ones applauding those burning down public properties and killing security operatives, and now you are here to criticize what the President said.

You can as well ask writers and historians to expunge the word 'war' from materials and literatures all over the world.

It doesn't cost you anything to learn on a free platform like this.
Well, as expected, it isn't unusual not to take corrections as a people.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CoolAmbience(m): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2021
Jman24:

It doesn't cost you anything to learn on a free platform like this.
Well, as expected, it isn't unusual not to take corrections as a people.

And to you, learning means accepting what makes no sense abi?

I do not need such learning.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 10:08am On Jun 06, 2021
CoolAmbience:

And to you, learning means accepting what makes no sense abi?

I do not need such learning.

Thank you
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Sunday2021: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2021
SouthEastFacts:

the last time we fought you guys, your elders ran to London to beg their slave masters for help
Hahahaaa! No wonder Nigeria surrender to you guys abi?
Pls can you remind me of that coward that ran to ivory coast with woman wrapper? What is that his name sef?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by SouthEastFacts: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2021
Sunday2021:
Hahahaaa! No wonder Nigeria surrender to you guys abi?
Pls can you remind me of that coward that ran to ivory coast with woman wrapper? What is that his name sef?
Awolowo. I heard he drank rat poison
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by flokii: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2022
One Love!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oyinlola To Akande: You Awarded N800m Contract, Made Full Advance Payment / FFK: "Osinbajo You Are Corrupt, A Liar, Disgrace, Traitor To Your Faith & Race" / DELE MOMODU Remembers MKO Abiola With Touching Throwback Message - Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.