Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? (27646 Views)

Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches against Nigerians / #TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by thomasjoe(m): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
It is important to distil issues to principles so that we are consistent whether now, in 2 years or 20 years

First Nigeria is not the first country to restrict twitter. It is officially banned in China

Twitter is an emerging technology and existing legislation is playing catch up
There is a cultural dimension to freedom of expression
We cannot do everything the OYIBO way

I am no supporter of Buhari but the office he occupies is important

I cannot accept a FOREIGN business entity telling the president of my country to shut up under any guise

Still there are many issues to debate and we should debate them without becoming enemies
That is democracy

We must learn how to compartmentalize our emotions and sentiments

If this is truly a democracy,then everyone should have been carried along.
I expect the President leave the platform/ delete his account instead and if possible set up a Pan Nigerian Democratic social media app.
Why drag the entire nation into it? Is this the first time comments are beign deleted on Twitter ? Twitter didn't remove the account but only deleted a negative comment not befitting a true leader...
However I agree with you on MNK been left to fill the platform with negativism and left unchecked.
In summary 2 wrongs don't make it right
I'm begining to suspect this action is a shape of things to come

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by collins4real247: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2021
U must be a coward to ask that question.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nwaotu10(m): 9:14am On Jun 05, 2021
NNAMDI KANU IS TORMENTING THE ZOO EHHH grin grin grin
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by flokii: 9:19am On Jun 05, 2021
deepwater:

Lol
Little child you are son...
I see you had lost hope in this life to own a property to yourself. Hence, you believe if a break up happens you would claim other people property in your region?
Charlie number 1 you are not from Lagos, so no juicy property for you cos it ain't your space.
Number 2, non citizens still own properties in foreign lands all over the world.

Now go work hard at the next building site by lifting concrete mix for the building project on going by an Igbo man

That advice should go to your brothers and sisters in IPOB and UGM.. they need to get busy and start carrying concrete at construction sites instead of lazying about destroying lives and properties.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

I am shouting that the South East should please stop trying to compare with NE or Benue and Niger State, God forbid.
The issues is that the President didn't mention genocide as it was falsely interpreted and was indeed referring to the arsonist and trouble makers who deserves whatever they get.
cool https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/03/if-you-want-another-war-nigerian-govt-will-have-no-choice-senator-bulkachuwa-warns-southeast This is d thinking of this government. I.e The people are the insurgents and the insurgents are the people. It’s not so perceived in the NE, NW or NC. The arsonists are the people and the people are d arsonists. Don be blind
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by omonnakoda: 9:30am On Jun 05, 2021
thomasjoe:

If this is truly a democracy,then everyone should have been carried along.
I expect the President leave the platform/ delete his account instead and if possible set up a Pan Nigerian Democratic social media app.
Why drag the entire nation into it? Is this the first time comments are beign deleted on Twitter ? Twitter didn't remove the account but only deleted a negative comment not befitting a true leader...
However I agree with you on MNK been left to fill the platform with negativism and left unchecked.
In summary 2 wrongs don't make it right
I'm begining to suspect this action is a shape of things to come
As a society We should debate and decide how our system should operate.
The truth is that with technology advancement legislation struggles to keep up. There is no doubt that there is a need for some kind of regulation of fake news, racism, hate speech and incitement on Social media
There are many dimensions to the problem
1. Social media is international and it will be impossible to adopt rules that everyone accepts
2. Money . It s a business at the end of the day and governments naturally want a share if it is profitable. Government has immense powers to take a cut of every profitable activity in its space
3. Policing . Where crimes are committed or alleged then government should have power to summon , invite and question executives by government I mean Executive, legislative and judiciary all arms of government should have such power. If a company wants to hide under internationality then government should have the power to say not in our country

There is no country in the world where you can just open a radio or TV station without some kind of regulation.

I will say this whether it is Buhari , Jonathan, Atiku or any other person in office.

If we want press Freedom let us make NBC totally independent of government and ensure that it is funded directly from the Federation Account.
Everything the government has done it has the power to do. I think government should have this power but government does not always have to be the Executive . That is where we need to work

Very often the problem is not the Executive it is the Judiciary and Legislature that fail to act. Not just at Federal but state level

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Rissamenti: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2021
melodyogonna:

Twitter has millions of tweets per second and deleting tweets is a manual process. You have to bring their attention to it by reporting the tweet. Thousands of people reported Buhari's tweet

And you think people have not been reporting Kanu's incendiary and inflammatory tweets all these years? They have. Twitter does nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by nnamdi640: 9:35am On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:
This has crossed my mind several times I must admit.. why is Kanu freely posting hateful and inciting comments on twitter and facebook yet they can't shut him off or ban him for violating their rules..

Can anyone post such inciting comments about killing Americans on twitter and they won't take it down? Igbos have really abused those platforms yet when you ask them to leave your domain, they'll refuse.

You lots don't know what divorce or breakup means, you'll definitely pack your bags and leave my space.
. Zone B spotted. Continue displaying your foolishness. I still wonder how you guys reason. Even US president was ban after making careless statement talkless of the dullard we have here. If you are wise, you should know that twitter will NEVER ban someone comment if they don't see something wrong with it.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Krismas(m): 9:36am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

And you think people have not been reporting Kanu's incendiary and inflammatory tweets all these years? They have. Twitter does nothing.
coolProve. Assumption is the mother of all bleep
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by dada01(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speech?

Hate Speech Monger - Nnamdi Kanu

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

I mean, WHAT CLEARER CASE OF BIAS IS THERE THAN THAT?

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

So WELL DONE Mr President.

Sense is far from you sir.

Have you ever reported those tweets by Nnamdi Kanu as being violent the way myself and other Nigerian reported the president's tweet. His tweet violated the Twitter community because the community members reported the tweet thus, why common sense no common for most of you guys?

I think the earlier you realize that Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are not your problems the better for you. Better start holding your leaders responsible for the insecurities and underdevelopment as well as high poverty rate in your region and not pointing a group of people who wants to stay as far as possible away from you.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Techguy96(m): 9:47am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
It is important to distil issues to principles so that we are consistent whether now, in 2 years or 20 years

First Nigeria is not the first country to restrict twitter. It is officially banned in China

I cannot accept a FOREIGN business entity telling the president of my country to shut up under any guise

Still there are many issues to debate and we should debate them without becoming enemies
That is democracy

Jack did not just wake up one morning n decided to delete buhari's tweet.
The tweet was reported by millions of Nigerians, it's Nigerians that actually deleted that tweet if u look at it in the real sense, so it's buhari bigger than Nigeria?

If people had reported nk tweet, it would have been deleted as well, secondly nk operates most of radio biafra, he's presence on twitter is not that big.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by japexhub: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Kanu is more sensible and wise than the so called president.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Lexicon123: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2021
If you want the tweet ban, report it. There are due processes to most things not PMB's dictatorial style.

In fact I find some of Kanu's tweets very offensive and violence-inducing. I have followed due process by reporting one of such tweets. I expect you to do the same.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Techguy96(m): 9:50am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Which people, nk doesn't even have huge presence of twitter.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by melodyogonna(m): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Not enough people report it if Twitter does nothing lmao.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by membranus: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:

That is democracy

A Buharist hiding under common sense!!!

We know una.

Enjoy your twitter day in the sun while it still shines.

See the cloud over there, its rain will soon pour its fury over you, and you will all scamper to the slugholes you crawled out from.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by omonnakoda: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2021
Techguy96:

Jack did not just wake up one morning n decided to delete buhari's tweet.
The tweet was reported by millions of Nigerians, it's Nigerians that actually deleted that tweet if u look at it in the real sense, so it's buhari bigger than Nigeria?

If people had reported nk tweet, it would have been deleted as well, secondly nk operates most of radio biafra, he's presence on twitter is not that big.
What is important here is not whether he was right to delete it or not

The question is whether he should have such power. Whether such power should be in the hand of one company.

That is like one company having the power to say who uses the Atlantic Ocean

Naturally If a company has such power bias would creep in especially with regard to it business interests and that of its rivals

So you will see that internationally Twitters wings would be clipped
In fact if it was a Chinese company would if ever have gained so much prominence?

I say everything I say with my eye on a time when people would no longer remember Buhari's name

Twitter is performing a self appointed function of determining what is kosher or not. That cannot be allowed by any sensible country especially if Twitter is making money in that country an perhaps not paying any tax.

This is a struggle for power

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by MT: 10:23am On Jun 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
For me, the issue is not whether Twitter was right or wrong for deleting the president's tweets. The issue is that in a bid to get back at Twitter, the president dragged the entire nation into it. Twitter deleted his tweets and he's moving to block the entire nation of about 200 million people from accessing the app without VPN as if the country is his personal property and the opinion of the people doesn't matter. Even the people praising him for this are also caught up in the middle of what shouldn't even concern them cause he'll only end up stressing everyone, the organization and his citizens alike.

Stop typing nonsense. Buhari was elected as the President and the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, with the mandate to take a decision on behalf of almost 200 million people. He swore to protect and defend the constitution.

It was ok for you guys for Trump to seriously attempt to control the social media by introducing section 230. You guys were cheering him on then. But it is ok for Twitter to allow Nnamdi Kanu's inciting write up on Twitter, openly encouraging Nigerian soldiers to be killed in the East while you were expecting the President to fold his arms and be watching why madness continues to reign in the East.

Reason it now.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by LordOfTheGame: 10:29am On Jun 05, 2021
Of course, I won't expect BMC brainless zombies to reason properly. They won't say the root cause of the problem but quick to accuse Kanu. Hypocrisy is when you leave to mention all the threats and violence the fulanis have been dishing out to the Igbo people but quick to attack the defence strategies of the Igbo. Attacking or comparing Mazi Nnamdi's tweets and that of the terrorist/impostor in Aso Villa called buhari is one evidence of stupidity taken too far. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is freedom fighter whom the terrorists gov't have harassed and been harassing in different ways, members and supporters killed, innocent Igbo killed and maimed, many are jailed for no reason but for asking for a referendum. While the terrorists and bandits and fulani herdsmen and whom the world knows as the most dangerous and deadliest terrorists groups are been pampered and given monies and rewards.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Techguy96(m): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
What is important here is not whether he was right to delete it or not

The question is whether he should have such power. Whether such power should be in the hand of one company.

That is like one company having the power to say who uses the Atlantic Ocean

Naturally If a company has such power bias would creep in especially with regard to it business interests and that of its rivals

So you will see that internationally Twitters wings would be clipped
In fact if it was a Chinese company would if ever have gained so much prominence?

I say everything I say with my eye on a time when people would no longer remember Buhari's name

Twitter is performing a self appointed function of determining what is kosher or not. That cannot be allowed by any sensible country especially if Twitter is making money in that country an perhaps not paying any tax.

This is a struggle for power
It's the companies policies, buhari also made a live video saying the exact words in those tweet, it was broadcast on NTA n different TV stations. Twitter has no power as u assume here. Twitter is just a social media platform the govt can decide not to use the platform when they did same to trump, he simply created his own media n his followers left twitter n joined him.

So are u saying if a buhari post an inappropriate content on niaraland, seun doesn't have the right to delete such content?

One thing u should know is that twitter does this everytime, recently they suspended half of Nigeria influencer on twitter, twitter delete n suspend people everytime, so it not like a target on buhari or anything.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 10:47am On Jun 05, 2021
barragan:

Can't a man who fought in the civil war reference it when the same thing is about to happen again? There is a secessionist movement in the south east led by a mad man hiding in the UK capable of leading to war, the president wants to deal with this group so as not to have a repeat of that war. He clearly spoke of how unsavoury it was to have been in that war. Is that too hard to comprehend. Why would the president want to kill every south easterner, that is madness and it only exists in the minds of those who hate the president from the very beginning.

Stop playing smart. He threatened a whole region with the civil war.
Why not mention the proscribed organization?

He has been indicted ... Case closed!

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Rissamenti: 10:47am On Jun 05, 2021
Techguy96:

It's the companies policies, buhari also made a live video saying the exact words in those tweet, it was broadcast on NTA n different TV stations. Twitter has no power as u assume here. Twitter is just a social media platform the govt can decide not to use the platform when they did same to trump, he simply created his own media n his followers left twitter n joined him.

So are u saying if a buhari post an inappropriate content on niaraland, seun doesn't have the right to delete such content?

One thing u should know is that twitter does this everytime, recently they suspended half of Nigeria influencer on twitter, twitter delete n suspend people everytime, so it not like a target on buhari or anything.

So why have they left Kanu to be posting his own without problems?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Kdon2: 10:51am On Jun 05, 2021
maasoap:

Well, going by the numbers of deaths of the security agents, IPOB members and neutral citizens as well as the destructions of public institutions he has caused, he's number one Nigeria problem

Nigeria problem ll never end with this kind of mentality in our great country. Anyway by the time Boko Haram finish una, una eyes go clear.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Techguy96(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Kanu operates mainly on Radio biafra, an online radio. He's presence on twitter isn't that big.
Secondly twitter didn't just deleted buhari's tweet. The tweet was reported by millions of Nigerians that's why it got deleted. If millions of Nigerians report kanu's tweet, it will be deleted too.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 10:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Maybe because he is also smarter. Check that tweet again, it's so informal and may not be known to Twitter
Eg. Any ... from 'Zoonigeria'... (It could be the lion king from Nekede zoo in Imo state).
that comes to biafraland(an unknown country to Twitter) grin
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Kdon2: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2021
yahmohy27:

who is talking about nigeria problem now
.the post is about twitter suspemsion
hyppocrite

One of them illiterate from the region of the illiterates is spotted here! You can't even read and comprehend. Perhaps because it's not in Arabic ba! Mtcheww grin
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Priwillo: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2021
Nijablast:

Ipob and Terrorists need to be threatened. I used to tell my Ibo friends here in Lagos that if you succed with ur biafra, Ibo wey dey alaba must go oo,
Arena Ibos must go oo
And that they will have to let go all they have laboured for.
U can't be a bifran and still be controlling our business here .

do ur corrupt leader not have businesses outside nigeria
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

Buhari supporter are really breathing and reasoning through their anus . How do you compare a tweet from your so-called presidiot with a tweet from a civilian? Is Kanu your president, how do you compare a tweet from Trump with that of Jim iyke of Nigeria. Boy, you must be an an*mal after all your educations.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Buhari supporter are really breathing and reasoning through their anus . How do you compare a tweet from your so-called presidiot with a tweet from a civilian? Is Kanu your president, how do you compare a tweet from Trump with that of Jim iyke of Nigeria. Boy, you must be an an*mal after all your educations.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2021
Is Nnamdi's speaches hate speech or is he speaking the truth?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by BlackFlamefromP: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2021
Oga observation, experience and common sense should tell you that pure democracy as practiced in some advance countries in Europe and also in US is not advisable in a country like Nigeria because of the kind of people Nigerians are. What Nigeria needs is some elements of democracy combined with some elements of dictatorship otherwise unpatriotic forces will overwhelm the government and bring the nation down, making complete mess of the country.

I am in total support of the twitter ban as its negative influences on Nigeria has been overwhelming

WoundedLamb:

Seriously, China? Dude, we are not in China. You cannot treat China's social media ban in isolation. If you're advocating the Chinese style of government, they you'd be prepared to embrace the totality of what comes with the absence of democracy. ​The Chinese government can ban any website without issues cause they never claimed to be democratic. As of 2019, the governments of China, Iran, North Korea, and Turkmenistan have blocked access to Twitter in those countries and nobody is saying anything cause they are not democratic nations. The deletion of Buhari's tweets is simply no justification for doing that in Nigeria except the government is telling us the style of government has changed.

In fact, I'm surprised you even mentioned democracy in your post cause nothing you said is remotely democratic, no disrespect intended. The president's tweets were deleted and the next line of action is to stop all his citizens from freely accessing the app even without their consent? And you still said "that is democracy"? Even in countries where social media is regulated, it's mostly to avoid crimes and hate speeches. How do you explain that your president banned the app in Nigeria simply cause his personal tweets were deleted?

What exactly is the oyibo way here? And what would then be the African way? Moderating other individuals while allowing certain class of people to post just anything? You guys complain about Nigeria, yet you're not willing to let go those things that make Nigeria a terrible place. Yes, you mustn't do everything like oyibo but sadly, it's thier platform and they have rules you must follow. And as far as that app is concerned, the creators are the gods and thier rules stand. You can leave thier platform if you feel unfairly treated or create yours if thier concepts don't appeal to you. Just don't expect special treatments. And whatever you do, you don't drag the entire nation into it.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by ablejesus26(m): 11:42am On Jun 05, 2021
goody2019:

Are you not a greater failure for saying all of the above? Buhari broke the suppose rule of Twitter and should be dealt with, but Twitter breaks the rule of the Nation for making it's platform available for all destabilising speeches and should not be dealt with?

So in that your cursed head you know better than Twitter with regards to their operations and rules right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Zulum and ALL Borno State Government Cabinet Received Tinubu At the Airport / Goodluck Jonathan Denies Going On Exile / Jummai Alhassan Visits Makarfi In PDP Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.