Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban (28052 Views)

Reps Fail To Effect 50% Pay Cut, Blame Bureaucracy / We’ve Licensed Telcos To Provide NIN - NIMC / Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by donnie(m): 8:57am On Jun 05, 2021
These networks and media houses will choose to either be defenders of human rights or collaborators in authoritarianism.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by 9jaRealist: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

Twitter must respect the sovereign integrity of nations wherein they operate.

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to ban or suspend Twitter operations in their countries as well for aiding or abetting Terrorists.

#I Support Nigeria

How is it possible to cram so much RUBBISH into one post? SMH shocked
>

3 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by SaintLucia: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2021
Nice one... Our National Security Should Come First and not the interest profit of one yeye app.... Anybody that is not happy with the suspension can relocate to Ghana. Twitter browsing is free there just stand near Twitter office in Accra and browse for free. They can turn Nigeria to Libya. Very soon many Africa countries will follow suit... Naija don give them liver. It's better to loose one yeye app than to see Nigeria in warzone.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by BigBashiru: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2021
BLACK POWER!!! I LOVE THIS. WE MUST NOT BE BOWING TO THE WEST

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Anieke39(m): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it.. ok if Nigeria don't want Twitter they should create their own

Twitter as a form of social media, should not be an agent for destabilization but a tool for deepening democracy and promoting good governance in Nigeria and Africa as a whole..

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to ban or suspend Twitter operations in their countries as well for aiding or abetting Terrorists.

#I Support Nigeria
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Babs321: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2021
DenreleDave:
In my opinion, I think Twitter has not been fair....

Anyway, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter and Jack.. Twitter shud not influence a nation sovereignty......

Social media has it pros and cons

All The same, Buhari is a no good for Nigeria.... Only God knows what next the dullard will ban again... 2023 is too far honestly...

Nigeria is bigger than Twitter, true. But Buhari is not above the rules that Twitter has set. This is an issue between Buhari and Twitter. Twitter deleted his posts because he violated their rules. Why did he mobilize a national mechanism to get back at Twitter?. Why is he bringing the whole Nigeria into this?It's an abuse of power.

3 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by clothingonline(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2021
Na cruise we Dey

Buy your men clothing if your Twitter is loading or working
Payment on delivery within UAR
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by NwokoloOwa: 8:59am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
What buhari does not understand is that HE HAS SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT
Let me explain
Twitter respect and value Nigerian users because we are the only country in Africa with the highest TRAFFIC.
Up to 13 million users generate millions of traffic for Twitter per day from Nigeria Only

Now that buhari ban Twitter, this is how he messed up big time
1. Nigerians now use VPN majority of this VPN have U.S.A as default country
2. The heavy traffic generated by Nigerians on Twitter will now be shifted towards U.S A Twitter
Our hashtags will now be trending on U.S.A Twitter
3. The WHOLE WORLD will see our hashtags and trending topics
Buharis matter will cast WORLDWIDE

This is a blessing in disguise
Nigerians are using VPN with different states in U.S.A this has channelled that our heavy traffic into U.S.A Twitter front page.

So Any American that wakes up and check Twitter will see hashtags like
#Buhariisadictator
#TwitterbaninNigeria
#Endsars

Have you tried VPN? Have you asked yourself how come VPN is not really a preferred choice all over the world not withstanding its advantages? It's not all rosy with VPN my dear.
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by clothingonline(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2021
Payment on delivery men clothing Lagos and nationwide dispatch
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by BabaO2: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2021
Pride begets downfall. Buhari is proofing he's running the government for himself and his tribe only, people in Nigeria space that are using twitter for their businesses and have subscribed ahead of time doesn't concern him. This is too barbaric

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by doffman: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2021
raymondhillmimi:
Impossible, if you turn on your vpn you are a ghost. They can't see what you're doing!
Very possible , they will collaborate with network u are using to know the VPN you are using , they can sanction your network number .

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by tempusfugit: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2021
Oga please send me your account make i send you red wine money
CilicMarin:
The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

Twitter as a form of social media, should not be an agent for destabilization but a tool for deepening democracy and promoting good governance in Nigeria and Africa as a whole..

#I Support Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by gassbee: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
Power pass power
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by jcross19: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

#I Support Nigeria
when Trump was banned by twitter and Facebook heavens did not come down , but buhari has shown his weak side that truly I'd a terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by humilitypays(m): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
SARSCoV2:

The only thing you didn't mention was democracy!

It's a world of alliance for gains. Shared gains.

A game of winner takes it all.. Don't. Lame the winners if you on the losing side. It's called democracy!
Late Fela the music icon was right anyway, it's really demonstration of craziness in Nigeria, I refuse to accept such unscrupulous nonsense
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by sylve11: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

What Twitter sees here is injustice and hypocrisy.

If the government tagged ipob terrorists groups, there's no reason why government shouldn't tag bandits as terrorists.

Hope you got the point now? cool

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Malquisoft(m): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2021
The Long Night" takes place entirely at Winterfell and depicts the final battle between the Army of the Dead and the combined armies of the living, ending one of the....

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2021
NwokoloOwa:

Have you tried VPN? Have you asked yourself how come VPN is not really a preferred choice all over the world not withstanding its advantages? It's not all rosy with VPN my dear.
It can still work. A simple way to get trending hashtags despite the challenge of diff locations that VPN poses is to leverage on influencers with high number of followers. They will sound the hashtags at the top of the vine, and it will sure trickle down the vine through the thousands or millions of ffwers who are most times intertwined/interconnected. Regardless of the diff locations the hashtags will still reverberate and be picked. Imagine trending in multiple countries simultaneously with #buharimustgo

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by BigBashiru: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

#I Support Nigeria

France is destabilising Mali by placing 5000 troops there under pretence of fighting jihadists.
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by laidima88(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is just too slow
This should have been done since.
Whats special in that ordinary twitter, it should even be banned for life, it only create avenue for jobless nigerians and anti government activities
Nigeria sovereignty must be protected at all cost.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by BabaO2: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2021
Facebook,Instagram etc should ban bihari and let's see what will happen

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Airoflaw(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
What buhari does not understand is that
HE HAS SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT
Let me explain
Twitter respect and value Nigerian users because we are the only country in Africa with the highest TRAFFIC.
Up to 13 million users generate millions of traffic for Twitter per day from Nigeria Only

Now that buhari ban Twitter, this is how he messed up big time
1. Nigerians now use VPN majority of this VPN have U.S.A as default country
2. The heavy traffic generated by Nigerians on Twitter will now be shifted towards U.S A Twitter
Our hashtags will now be trending on U.S.A Twitter
3. The WHOLE WORLD will see our hashtags and trending topics
Buharis matter will cast WORLDWIDE

This is a blessing in disguise
Nigerians are using VPN with different states in U.S.A this has channelled that our heavy traffic into U.S.A Twitter front page.

So Any American that wakes up and check Twitter will see hashtags like
#Buhariisadictator
#TwitterbaninNigeria
#Endsars

To make it worse, Nigerians will use VPN of German country. With our heavy traffic our hashtags will be tranding in Germany..lmao
Buharis Fuckups will not only trend in Nigeria but it will trend WORLDWIDE
AND BUHARI GOES AHEAD TO
[/b]BAN GOOGLE PLAY STORE
LOBATAN.. HE HAS KILL US PATAPATA
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Agbalanze(m): 9:03am On Jun 05, 2021
Get your VPN..

I slept in UAR, waking up in UK and I'm thinking of going to US right now. grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by 9jaRealist: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2021
>
Nigeria has join the likes of N. Korea, Iran, Uganda, etc…
Talk about a disgraceful League of Medieval Dictatorships!

>

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by tempusfugit: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2021
This is also against freedom of speech!!!
Classicalman:
Better SHUT UP instead of vomiting nonsense
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Brushstrokes20: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2021
The redundant coupist and cohorts are all shades of nuisance, tyranny and gross misrule!

They won't end well!

Useless govt of self serving THIEVES and bloodthirsty TERRORISTS...the shithole is on a cliff edge!
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by GenSam(m): 9:06am On Jun 05, 2021
shunletsam:
Nigerians are in for a long ride

Go and sit down my friend

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by 9jaRealist: 9:09am On Jun 05, 2021
BigBashiru:
BLACK POWER!!! I LOVE THIS. WE MUST NOT BE BOWING TO THE WEST

He says, typing on a device and Internet invented by the West… grin
The notion of Primordial Buhari as the symbol of the Black race is truly distressing, and merely affirms racist stereotypes. SMH

>

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by omoharry(f): 9:09am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

#I Support Nigeria
Shot that hole In ur mouth, you terrorist sympathizer . How many headsmen killings have you condemned over their various killings ? How many times have ur clueless Buhari condemned the continuous killings by his brothers across the country ?
Nonsense blood suckers .Ooo!!just to let you know , I am back on Twitter , so you and your blood sucking Buharist and run under a moving trust and die for all I care or you can go gang yourself with this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by brandmix: 9:10am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

#I Support Nigeria

Same twitter that they used in getting the youths to vote in 2015 with bubu wearing suit. Lol

Jokers
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by CilicMarin: 9:10am On Jun 05, 2021
omoharry:
Shot that hole In ur mouth, you terrorist sympathizer . How many headsmen killings have you condemned over their various killings ? How many times have ur clueless Buhari condemned the continuous killings by his brothers across the country ?
Nonsense blood suckers ..,ooo!!just go let you know ..I am back on Twitter ..you and your blood sucking Buharist and run under a moving trust and die..or you can go gang yourself with this

I know well, stay in your lane. Better heed the advice!
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by gurunlocker: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

#I Support Nigeria

Though quoting you is absolutely a waste of time, as you are a block headed zombie.

Do you know the number of Nigerians earning their daily meals on twitter? The government can't create jobs and they still are able to create one themselves using Twitter, but because someone is angry, he wants to make thousands jobless... What sense is in that?

But all your own concern is IPOB, like they operate on twitter. SMH for you man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ephraim Nwuzi: Rivers Rep Arrested, Remanded In Prison For Inciting Comments / Abuja Master Plan: Why Wike Must Demolish Aso Villa – Bwala / Buhari To Service Chiefs: Your Best Not Good Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.