Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? (3194 Views)

Religious & Non-religious: 6 Steps To Quit Indecency And self-service Forever / To My Fellow Non-religious: Do You Miss Anything About Your Lost Faith? / Question For Atheists And Religious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by ijebuman(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2006
@lioness
funny i seem to have gone in the opposite direction to you. Religion just doesn't work for me, but i guess every man must find happiness his own way.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2006
smiley Well you said - happiness in your own way.
I've found mine. & so have u smiley
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by ciara8: 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2006
what then do you believe in if religion doesn't work for you? Have you ever thought of your existence? What happens to you when you die and all that? undecided
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by ijebuman(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2006
ciara8:

wot then do u believe in if religiondoesnt work for you,have u ever tot of ure existence,wot happens to u when u die and all that undecided
not really, i suppose i'll return to wherever i came from before i was born, nothing
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
"what then do you believe in if religion doesn't work for you?" hard work and luck.

"Have you ever thought of your existence?" Yeah. Life is an experience worth savoring while it lasts.

"What happens to you when you die and all that?" When I die, I return to where I was before I was born - that is, nowhere.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2006
Interesting, So how did u get your being. Your ability to feel, understand, function etc.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by ijebuman(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2006
I wouldn't refer to myself as an atheist, but rather see myself as a deist
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by whitesoftx(m): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2006
Wait a munite guys, Seun never proclaimed to be an atheist or even a deist, I'll say He's is somehow confused on which to choose! could someone ask him which he belongs, I think I have little questions for him angry

Even here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4959.0.html He never agreed to be one! i guess he's looking forward to choosing one, when he finally made up is mind, I have some questions for him IF he proclaimed to be an ATHEIST embarassed, so Seun, your choice! grin
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by KAG: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2006
lioness:

Interesting, So how did u get your being. Your ability to feel, understand, function etc.

Same way other organisms did cheesy. My ancestors evolved those characteristics, and I inherited them.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2006
i was actually talking to Seun  smiley, but since u have decided to be mr Smart.com kiss cheesy , tell me, How did your own ancesstor evolve theirs
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by nferyn(m): 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2006
Hi Lioness,

I know you're not addressing me, but have a look at this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6208.0.html
If you have any more questions or are not convinced, I'd be more than happy to answer
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2006
Your VERY right Nferyn,,,, I wasnt talking to you
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by nferyn(m): 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2006
I then can't really escape the conclusion that your question was rhetorical and that you're not interested in an answer. Am I right?
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2006
Whatever!!! tongue
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2006
lioness: Interesting, So how did u get your being. Your ability to feel, understand, function etc.

Does the answer matter, really? Do you care about how the components in your computer work?

All I know is that:
- Scientists are working on the answer and each year they uncover more clues.
- Religious people, especially Christians, do not have the answer but they pretend they do.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by KAG: 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2006
but since u have decided to be mr Smart.com kiss cheesy ,

Mr. Smart.com? Witty.

tell me, How did your own ancesstor evolve theirs

Mutations and natural selection, in other words, the change in allele frequency of many populations over time. Capische?
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 9:04am On Feb 24, 2006
Yap grin Capishe.
Like i said whatever works for you guys wink
Well, i have believed for so long, not believing is like changing my sex organs grin
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by KAG: 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2006
lioness:

Yap grin Capishe.
Like i said whatever works for you guys wink

I guess.

Well, i have believed for so long, not believing is like changing my sex organs grin

It's possible, but you see no reason to?
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2006
well,,,,,,,, guess ur right smiley
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by dtwsola(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2007
Interesting Thread,
Tai Solarin and Wole Soyinka are my Nigerian heroes. At least I know a few of us can be sensible. Many Nigerians who relocate abroad, at least the ones I hang with, become atheists or at least wishy washy Christians.

Sadly they are a drowned out minority, because ignorant people tend to make the most noise. I have no doubt the numbers will continue to grow as people come to their senses.
Here is a group for Nigerian skeptics, atheists, and humanists to join: http://www.iheu.org/node/1472
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by manmustwac(m): 1:50am On Aug 25, 2008
Just like Tai Solarin said "Nigeria is dying today of religion" If we could somehow ban religion from Nigeria then Nigerians would be forced to into action and think of practicle solutions to their problems instead of their beliefs in prayers and faith.

Besides i have never seen anything to make believe that God actually exists. Am a proud Atheist
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by redsun(m): 2:31am On Aug 25, 2008
Opium of the masses,it diminishes with time and true understanding.You can't escape religion in a black world,almost inborn,with little or no choice,it tends to answer all the questions that otherwise would have been answered by self,with a bit of common sense and self freedom.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by madamkoko: 4:17am On Aug 25, 2008
manmustwac:

Just like Tai Solarin said "Nigeria is dying today of religion" If we could somehow ban religion from Nigeria then Nigerians would be forced to into action and think of practicle solutions to their problems instead of their beliefs in prayers and faith.

Besides i have never seen anything to make believe that God actually exists. Am a proud Atheist

I CONCUR!!!!1 grin grin grin grin
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by madamkoko: 4:21am On Aug 25, 2008
Many Nigerians who relocate abroad, at least the ones I hang with, become atheists or at least wishy washy Christians.
Re: Any Non-Religious People In Nigeria? by manmustwac(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
redsun:

Opium of the masses,it diminishes with time and true understanding.You can't escape religion in a black world,almost inborn,with little or no choice,it tends to answer all the questions that otherwise would have been answered by self,with a bit of common sense and self freedom.
Even though we live in the modern world. We africans still have our traditional beliefs to worship Gods and to look to them for inspiration hope and strenght in times of hardship poverty etc. Unlike the citizens of developed countries who would not tolerate corruption and mismanagement and hold thier leaders to accountability.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Christ Also Die For The Black Africans? / Jesus Healed Using Cannabis, Study Shows - Exodus 30, Verses 22 – 30 / Our Daily Manner(odm) 21-days Fasting Begins Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.