Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter (63537 Views)

David Cameron Called Adeboye ‘Daddy G.O.’ – Okupe / Where Is Pastor Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministries Worldwide? / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
derecho:
There are many terms defined to suit certain situations by certain groups.
That said, A freedom fighter is basically one who is against oppression and may resist it via violent or nonviolent means.Simply Put, freedom fighters fight for freedom.

The Early disciples were not violent but were "nonconformists" to what would oppress or enslave others. All they preached was for men to know of the freedom purchased at Calvary by Jesus and man's redemptive rights.

Christians would suffer wrong but No Christian (Christ's disciple) would keep quiet when others are oppressed
especially when he/she can speak or do something for the oppressed.

Good, you could not name even one of the disciples of Jesus that was a freedom fighter. Pastors and preachers are not called to be "freedom fighters". The freedom they will normally know is freedom from sin or satan or the flesh. Jesus was very clear and straight to the point as He had people around Him who thought and expected Him to be a "freedom fighter".

John 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Act 1:6  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 
Act 1:7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 
Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 

The message is very clear especially in John that i quoted. We never see or hear of Paul or Peter or John telling or writing to Herod Agrippa or Caesar about politics. We leave that to Nnamdi Kanu, Sowore, Igboho and co. If God tells them specifically to do it, or raises someone to do it, fine. But stop blackmailing people into doing or supporting your political views by force.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by Omowetom: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
How far are you sure someone did not tweet on his behalf from abroad...Ban is in Nigeria. Not everyone needs VPN
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by derecho(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
Have you ever read Proverbs 31:9 ?
Jesus was to fulfill why He came so He focused on that.

There's no part of the scriptures that says we shouldn't defend the weak.
There are nonviolent means of doing this.
I don't want to delve into the spiritual, which is more important.
But Do you know that when a man is free spiritually, he tends to have a sound mind? What do you think would happen when you have Christians who understand that " they rather obey God than man" and they are asked to disobey God by a wicked ruler?
To boot, if you have learned pastors amongst them, do you think he'll do well to keep quiet when he knows he can fight with the law? Sit down and obey especially when you know the repressive law would enslave many?

My brother, amongst other things we are the Light of the world - we should also be involved in the translation of men from darkness to light. We are to fight darkness and enthrone righteousness howbeit not with Violence.

You can not be privileged as a believer and cultists are oppressing people under your watch and you won't do stand up.

Summary,
God empowers us not solely for ourselves but to help others.Pastors are not exempted.As leaders they should guide their followers.Teach them to be followers of good and not bad.
On the flipside,
Pastors feeding their congregation with the true Word to liberate their spiritman, is preparing them for freedom. These ones in turn go out and replicate freedom. If we have enough free people in the society, oppression will be harder to effect.That way, God has used these thought leaders called pastors to fight oppression. That's why I believe they should be freedom fighters.

No one is blackmailing anybody, it's a natural thing to do like eating when you have food and you're hungry. You can decide to fast or abstain from food when God asks you to.
In the same vein, pastors can decide not to especially when God ask them not to. THEY ARE, like other Bible believers, to defend the weak.
I'm not talking politics,I'm talking about righteousness, what is right.
Image123:

Good, you could not name even one of the disciples of Jesus that was a freedom fighter. Pastors and preachers are not called to be "freedom fighters". The freedom they will normally know is freedom from sin or satan or the flesh. [/b]Jesus was very clear and straight to the point as He had people around Him who thought and expected Him to be a "freedom fighter".

John 18:36  Jesus answered, [b]My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight
, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Act 1:6  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 
Act 1:7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 
Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 

The message is very clear especially in John that i quoted. We never see or hear of Paul or Peter or John telling or writing to Herod Agrippa or Caesar about politics. We leave that to Nnamdi Kanu, Sowore, Igboho and co. If God tells them specifically to do it, or raises someone to do it, fine. But stop blackmailing people into doing or supporting your political views by force.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by OLORIPAPA: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
derecho:
You don't need to assume.
When you ask questions, wait for an answer.
It's sometimes better to be mum than voicing an opinion that is off tangent.

Where in my post did I say that I put my hope in pastors?
And if DJ Switch or DJ Cable is your role model, why should I adopt her as mine?

It's your type that make people think young people can't reason. Learn to appreciate issues before contributing.
You could as well ask me to join touts and urchins fighting during an unrest to prove I'm a freedom fighter.

A case of comparing Apples and oranges.
you didn't answer any of my questions...one would think someone like you that pretends to have the interest of the country at heart will have a PVC and vote but no...na pastor be your problem and I am very sure a Lilly livered like U has not join any protest before...show me were a pastor had been a freedom fighter as U argued...my friend you better take yourself more seriously..
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by derecho(m): 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
I was thinking we can reason but it's clear you are full of assumptions.
Pastors are not my problem,get that clear.
Like I said, learn to understand what is being discussed before contributing.
To remind you what was being discussed before you started talking about another thing.
The issue is can a pastor be a freedom fighter?That I have answered with an emphatic YES.

Relax, and learn to interact even if you disagree. You just said I never answered your questions. If I may ask, why assume what you can't substantiate?

The only thing for you about patriotism is getting PVC and following a DJ ?
So a 10year old can't be patriotic?Or a sick old man who couldn't get his PVC with all the attendant stress can't be patriotic? Or Nigerians in the Diaspora can't be patriotic?

I want to believe you are smarter than this.

If you forget everything I just replied, NEVER FORGET Proverbs 18:13

OLORIPAPA:
you didn't answer any of my questions...one would think someone like you that pretends to have the interest of the country at heart will have a PVC and vote but no...na pastor be your problem and I am very sure a Lilly livered like U has not join any protest before...show me were a pastor had been a freedom fighter as U argued...my friend you better take yourself more seriously..
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by Image123(m): 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
derecho:
Have you ever read Proverbs 31:9 ?
Jesus was to fulfill why He came so He focused on that.

There's no part of the scriptures that says we shouldn't defend the weak.
There are nonviolent means of doing this.
I don't want to delve into the spiritual, which is more important.
But Do you know that when a man is free spiritually, he tends to have a sound mind? What do you think would happen when you have Christians who understand that " they rather obey God than man" and they are asked to disobey God by a wicked ruler?
To boot, if you have learned pastors amongst them, do you think he'll do well to keep quiet when he knows he can fight with the law? Sit down and obey especially when you know the repressive law would enslave many?

My brother, amongst other things we are the Light of the world - we should also be involved in the translation of men from darkness to light. We are to fight darkness and enthrone righteousness howbeit not with Violence.

You can not be privileged as a believer and cultists are oppressing people under your watch and you won't do stand up.

Summary,
God empowers us not solely for ourselves but to help others.Pastors are not exempted.As leaders they should guide their followers.Teach them to be followers of good and not bad.
On the flipside,
Pastors feeding their congregation with the true Word to liberate their spiritman, is preparing them for freedom. These ones in turn go out and replicate freedom. If we have enough free people in the society, oppression will be harder to effect.That way, God has used these thought leaders called pastors to fight oppression. That's why I believe they should be freedom fighters.

No one is blackmailing anybody, it's a natural thing to do like eating when you have food and you're hungry. You can decide to fast or abstain from food when God asks you to.
In the same vein, pastors can decide not to especially when God ask them not to. THEY ARE, like other Bible believers, to defend the weak.
I'm not talking politics,I'm talking about righteousness, what is right.

Pro 31:9  Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Firstly, this is addressed to a King/Judge. Nonetheless, it is not a call to be a freedom fighter. Most of the pastors preach and speak and even tweet against oppression and plead the cause of the poor and needy. They do not have to run riot, cause aluta and other civil demonstrations. Like i said, that is not their calling or that of any of Christ's disciples as seen in the Bible. They have a ministry and calling to fulfill, so allow them to focus on that. Those of you that have no calling, why not go ahead and do your stuff without roping others in?
Jesus said, IF His kingdom was of this world, His servants would fight. But His kingdom is not of this world.
i remember when Adeboye saw the way the last year protests was going, he went on a prayer march or something like that to try and call the christians out of it. Many of these pastors and churches do help poor people and liberate/empower them in different ways. They cannot pitch people up against constituted authority. At least(like you've advised) they empower VP reach VP, we no see the man brakelight cheesy cheesy cheesy. Like i have said, the Bible is very complete and up to date. If christians follow it properly, they will not have problems.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by derecho(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2021
I think I now get where you are missing it.
You think I'm saying they should lead riots.Nah
If they are tweeting and speaking against oppression, then they are engaged in what I'm saying.
Just to be clear, I thought the issue is whether a pastor can be a freedom fighter? I said YES provided he is using nonviolent means and what he is saying is truth not lies or propangadas.

Besides, who told you Proverbs 31:9 only addresses kings? You can as well say that the verse that spoke about strong drinks only addresses kings too.

I don't want to bring in the dimension of believers being kings and priests.
Suffice it to say, it is evil to keep quiet when evil is holding sway .Why did the Bible say "have nothing to do with unfruitful works of darkness...rather reprove them"...(Ephesians 5:11)?
A Christian should never support evil or oppression in anyway. A pastor shouldn't do less.

Image123:

Pro 31:9  Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Firstly, this is addressed to a King/Judge. Nonetheless, it is not a call to be a freedom fighter. Most of the pastors preach and speak and even tweet against oppression and plead the cause of the poor and needy. They do not have to run riot, cause aluta and other civil demonstrations. Like i said, that is not their calling or that of any of Christ's disciples as seen in the Bible. They have a ministry and calling to fulfill, so allow them to focus on that. Those of you that have no calling, why not go ahead and do your stuff without roping others in?
Jesus said, IF His kingdom was of this world, His servants would fight. But His kingdom is not of this world.
i remember when Adeboye saw the way the last year protests was going, he went on a prayer march or something like that to try and call the christians out of it. Many of these pastors and churches do help poor people and liberate/empower them in different ways. They cannot pitch people up against constituted authority. At least(like you've advised) they empower VP reach VP, we no see the man brakelight cheesy cheesy cheesy. Like i have said, the Bible is very complete and up to date. If christians follow it properly, they will not have problems.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by Image123(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
derecho:
I think I now get where you are missing it.
You think I'm saying they should lead riots.Nah
If they are tweeting and speaking against oppression, then they are engaged in what I'm saying.
Just to be clear, I thought the issue is whether a pastor can be a freedom fighter? I said YES provided he is using nonviolent means and what he is saying is truth not lies or propangadas.

Besides, who told you Proverbs 31:9 only addresses kings? You can as well say that the verse that spoke about strong drinks only addresses kings too.

I don't want to bring in the dimension of believers being kings and priests.
Suffice it to say, it is evil to keep quiet when evil is holding sway .Why did the Bible say "have nothing to do with unfruitful works of darkness...rather reprove them"...(Ephesians 5:11)?
A Christian should never support evil or oppression in anyway. A pastor shouldn't do less.

How is it that you do not follow their tweets and speeches/preaching but you judge or adjudge them as not speaking for the oppressed or against evil? Is that not a sin in itself? All pastors and preachers preach freedom, it just depends what form of freedom they are preaching. Some preach or focus on freedom from sin, some from poverty, some from curse, some from evil spirits etc. No new testament bible preacher will preach freedom from government.
i did not say that Proverbs 31v9 was ONLY addressed to kings. i also gave the "nonetheless" clause which you overlooked. "judge righteously" in the verse is definitely not jungle justice or everyone taking laws into their hands.
If you go close enough as to read from them and hear from them, you will see that they do speak against evil and oppression.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Including TB Joshua.
So he should be your man of God too! grin
Wind has blown and everyone can now see the anus of the fowl. Your daddy GOs only make noise on social media, they're not practicing the LOVE they PREACH! cheesy

Image123:

All pastors and preachers preach freedom, it just depends what form of freedom they are preaching.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by derecho(m): 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
Friend, clear your mind.I already told you what I'm addressing- if a pastor can be a freedom fignter.I think it was you or somebody who asked for an example in the Bible.So, why moving the goal post now?
I'm not particular about any pastor persay, just saying that they are nonviolent freedom fighters.

And who told you I don't listen to their preaching or read their tweets?
Truth is most tweets have nothing to do with what we are discussing now.

I don't like to discuss about pastors' shortcomings in public fora except it's a Christian forum or when we meet. Many of them take correction and adjust when they see scriptures.

If this had been a Christian forum, there are some home truths I would have stated but I can't do that here.

All I want you to know is a pastor can be a freedom fighter but not like Sunday Igboho or MNK.

Concerning proverbs 31:9 , I only wanted you to see that it's not only directed at kings as it were but to people who have capacity to help the oppressed. If God has brought you to prominence, it's for a purpose. Never look the other way when you see oppression EXCEPT God ask you to be quiet at the moment.
Just like giving is the natural thing to do as a believer but there are rare occasions where you may be restrained.

Image123:

How is it that you do not follow their tweets and speeches/preaching but you judge or adjudge them as not speaking for the oppressed or against evil? Is that not a sin in itself? All pastors and preachers preach freedom, it just depends what form of freedom they are preaching. Some preach or focus on freedom from sin, some from poverty, some from curse, some from evil spirits etc. No new testament bible preacher will preach freedom from government.
i did not say that Proverbs 31v9 was ONLY addressed to kings. i also gave the "nonetheless" clause which you overlooked. "judge righteously" in the verse is definitely not jungle justice or everyone taking laws into their hands.
If you go close enough as to read from them and hear from them, you will see that they do speak against evil and oppression.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by OLORIPAPA: 9:03am On Jun 09, 2021
derecho:
To remind you what was being discussed before you started talking about another thing.
The issue is can a pastor be a freedom fighter?That I have answered with an emphatic YES.

Relax, and learn to interact even if you disagree. You just said I never answered your questions. If I may ask, why assume what you can't substantiate?

So a 10year old can't be patriotic?Or a sick old man who couldn't get his PVC with all the attendant stress can't be patriotic? Or Nigerians in the Diaspora can't be patriotic?

If you forget everything I just replied, NEVER FORGET [b]Proverbs 18:13[/b]Do you have voters card and did you voted for your choices candidate this past election?it's a simple question my friend.....

Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by OLORIPAPA: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2021
derecho:

If you forget everything I just replied, NEVER FORGET Proverbs 18:13

Do you have voters card and did you voted this last presidential election?it's a simple question my friend let's be civil as U suggested.
Re: Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter by Image123(m): 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Including TB Joshua.
So he should be your man of God too! grin
Wind has blown and everyone can now see the anus of the fowl. Your daddy GOs only make noise on social media, they're not practicing the LOVE they PREACH! cheesy

Preaching freedom does not make you a man of God, stop being hasty to speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo, Wife And Children In Lovely Family Photo / Rev Father Gospel Inalegwu Is Married (Photos) / COZA Pastor's Rape Accusation: Before You Join The Band Wagon, Neymar Case Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.