Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? (734 Views)

I Just Need Advice If I'm Doing The Wrong Thing. / Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? / Am I About To Make A Wrong Marital Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by TokyoM(f): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
Dear Romancelanders,

Please help me out here. I have been having a go at my boyfriend for some time now and we don't seem to want to agree.

He and his brother rented a place together. So I had a professional exam to write and decided to stay at their place. They hosted me quite and well and I felt it wouldn't be right to just come and go without having a conversation with his brother. At least as a sign of saying I appreciate their hosting me.

Now, the thing is, I went to his room and we got talking. Give or take maybe an hour. When I got back to my boyfriend's room, he was angry at the fact that I stayed for too long in his brother's room even if he didn't say. He was just giving me attitude.

Because of the attitude, we didn't really talk that day. The next day when his brother came back, I went to his room again and we talked for about an hour. It was on this second day that my boyfriend made it clear that he didn't have any issues with me going to his brother's room but the length of time I spent there was the issue.

We have been going on and on about it. I said I didn't think it was wrong coz it was his brother. He said if I don't see it as wrong, one day I will sleep in his room and still not see it as wrong.

Please what do you guys think?
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Goldbw122(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
To avoid what will be like I had I knew, just stay clear... And take your boyfriend advice... Ok remember lust and love is different...
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
What are are you discussing with his brother? undecided
I hope you are not playing truth or dare with him and did you guys lock door and playing loud music? grin

Answer these questions and the investigation team will take it from there. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Xantel(f): 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
Babe be obedient
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by TokyoM(f): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Goldbw122:
To avoid what will be like I had I knew, just stay clear... And take your boyfriend advice... Ok remember lust and love is different...

I just felt they are brothers and it won't be fair of me to just come and not say hi to him. Although we had seen and talked many times in the sitting room and all but my going to his room was to sort of talk and establish a connection since I will end up getting married to his brother. It just happened that the gist ended up taking so long. Those were the only times I had gone to his room.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate.
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by TokyoM(f): 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2021
Carchoice:
I hope you are not playing truth or dare with him and did you guys lock door and playing loud music? grin

Answer these questions and the investigation team will take it from there. Thank you.

I didn't do any of these things you asked. Yes the door was closed not locked.

I know where you are going but it's disgusting to even think such.
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
TokyoM:

I didn't do any of these things you asked. Yes the door was closed not locked.

I know where you are going but it's disgusting to even think such.
first day he give you attitudes, you still went their the second time. I bet you won’t like it if you man do such with you and your sister. Don’t blame him, it’s human nature to think otherwise. I’m not saying you have anything going with the brother.
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Offpoint1: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
Your boyfriend probably knows the kind of brother he has that's why he's takin precautions... Heed to him, if you must have conversation with his brother, do it in a sitting room where both of them are.

I live with my cat and only me know if it's safe to leave a piece of fish on the table or not.

Familiarity with the opposite sex most time often sparks up feelings...

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Goldbw122(m): 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
TokyoM:

I just felt they are brothers and it won't be fair of me to just come and not say hi to him. Although we had seen and talked many times in the sitting room and all but my going to his room was to sort of talk and establish a connection since I will end up getting married to his brother. It just happened that the gist ended up taking so long. Those were the only times I had gone to his room.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate.
Give his brother space that will state a define relationship for Your boyfriend... Like a respect frame... I don't mean you should not greet him, but just set boundary, too much familiarity cause disrespect... Peace..

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Bola146(f): 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
Why always indoor? An hour conversation grin grin Haba now cheesy If you boyfriend do the same with your sister for just 30 minutes, I know that you would not find it easy wink wink Respect your boyfriend's opinion, he said he doesn't like it. You can chat with him or tell him to come to where 3 of you can gist together.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by TokyoM(f): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2021
Carchoice:
first day he give you attitudes, you still went their the second time. I bet you won’t like it if you man do such with you and your sister. Don’t blame him, it’s human nature to think otherwise. I’m not saying you have anything going with the brother.

Okay I might have left out some details. Before I went to his brother's room the first day, he had asked me to go to eat because I had only eaten once that day. It was on my way to eat that I went to his brother's room.

When I got back to my boyfriend's room, he was giving attitude. He asked if I had eaten. So I thought he was giving attitude because I had still not eaten. It was on the 2nd day I knew the real issue for the attitude.
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by TokyoM(f): 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
Xantel:
Babe be obedient
Thanks babe. I know you are speaking from a good side. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by TokyoM(f): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
Offpoint1:
Your boyfriend probably knows the kind of brother he has that's why he's takin precautions... Heed to him, if you must have conversation with his brother, do it in a sitting room where both of them are.

I live with my cat and only me know if it's safe to leave a piece of fish on the table or not.

Thanks @offpoint.

According to him, it's not about his brother. He just feels it's not right to spend so long in his room.

I just tire. I said I didn't see it as wrong and he flared up and said if I didn't see spending an hour in his brother's room as wrong, one day I will sleep in his room and not see it as wrong.

From my end, I was just trying to be a good in-law to be by building a connection. It's same people that will say when you marrying a guy, you are marrying the whole family.
Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
TokyoM:

Okay I might have left out some details. Before I went to his brother's room the first day, he had asked me to go to eat because I had only eaten once that day. It was on my way to eat that I went to his brother's room.

When I got back to my boyfriend's room, he was giving attitude. He asked if I had eaten. So I thought he was giving attitude because I had still not eaten. It was on the 2nd day I knew the real issue for the attitude.
Now you know. Don’t go to his brothers room again. I guess there’s sitting room in the apartment, you can talk to his brother when you all are in the sitting room.

Focus on your exams and carry your bag. Nor go cause fight for brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Offpoint1: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
TokyoM:

Thanks @offpoint.

According to him, it's not about his brother. He just feels it's not right to spend so long in his room.

I just tire. I said I didn't see it as wrong and he flared up and said if I didn't see spending an hour in his brother's room as wrong, one day I will sleep in his room and not see it as wrong.

From my end, I was just trying to be a good in-law to be by building a connection. It's same people that will say when you marrying a guy, you are marrying the whole family.

If he doesn't approve you spending time with his brother, please kindly let it be to avoid problems.

Every man to his own behavior... He could be a jealous type of guy, just respect him for that.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Cerebellum: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
Carchoice:

Lol...leave that OP o, she secretly wants the bro gbola in her kitty nigrin

The bf self nah Ozzor

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by Starz825(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
Offpoint1:

Your last statement is overly correct

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wrong Thing To Do? by EzegeNdiigbo: 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
TokyoM ARE YA DISCUssing the Twitter Ban in Nigeria with his brother??

(1) (Reply)

Why People Do Not Like Males Profile Pictures, But Only Like Female Pictures. / Why Do Lagos People Like Slim Girls /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.