Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. (19827 Views)

New Writing Offer (10 People Needed) / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / Only 20 People Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by seunny4lif(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
I will be the one to relocate cool
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Triangles1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
Which kind further mathematics question be this.......Sha may God guide you.
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by EtherconnectNG(f): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
Don't be dumb

Let her go, visit twice a month.

She already agreed to you staying in Lagos...

That's a rare woman, most will tell you to relocate immediately.

Guy thank God for his blessings and don't spoil it with wrong decisions.

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by blazepascal(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
sad
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
Okay
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Yankee101: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2021
Use the extra income she has and fly to lagos every weekend. Shebi you say your weekends are free?

And why can't you begin looking for a job in abuja too? A different better, bigger job like she did. You've been doing big man with her money. You better wake up and meet up to her new level b4 abuja boys steal your wife

And abuja is far far better than lagos in bringing up a family

4 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by BigBashiru: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
Tjra:
LONG STORY ALERT!!!

Good afternoon Nairaland.

God has been so good to my family this year and a particular blessing has been giving us sleepless night.

I work with a big organisation here in Lagos and currently earn about N600k. I used to work in the branch since my entry level days 6 years ago until I was able to runz the head office movement.

Ever since I join the HQ two years, my life has been at ease. No weekend duties, no sickening pressures from customers. I have been able to develop my self, complete the professional courses I abandoned and can rest well on weekends/public holidays.

The worklife balance now isn't only the advantage of working at the HQ. The career progression and rapid promotion crowns it all.

My spouse earns a little above N400k and we manage ourselves well. Our combined income isn't that much but we've been able to achieve a lot due to our mutual cooperation. She commits her resources 100% into our home. Some people see me as a "big man" outside, no knowing I am actually enjoying the reward of marrying a good wife.

My wife recently got a job very lucrative job. Salary is about N1.5M monthly. She was on the process for close to a year. You can imagine our joy when she was eventually given an offer. This job is a huge one for us as a family and will make life more sweet.

My pain now is the job is based at Abuja and that means she has to relocate there with our kids. Abuja is not where I can drive to considering the security situation of Nigeria. Also, it won't be wise to fly down every week (I also have hidden phobia for heights cry) because of costs and other attendant risks.

I actually want us to live together as a family most especially because of our kids. Some Kids tend to be spoilt when raised almost alone their mothers. As a father, I want to jointly raise them with their mother and also instill discipline lipsrsealed in them appropriately.

The only solution on sight is to ask my company for redeployment to a branch at Abuja. This I fear might return me back to "Egypt". I.e days of stunted growth, no promotions. In summary, I am scared of killing my career by myself.

My wife is okay with us visiting each other every month but I am vehemently against it.

Someone please help cry cry

Stay with the N400k job and find extra ways to raise the N1.1m e.g. thru forex, stocks, etc.
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by biafranrealson: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2021
You are just ranting ,probably have not tested unemployment and a month without income
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2021
Stick with your Job at HQ

Let your wife stick to her new Job in Abuja.

The rest will be sorted out and adjusted with time.

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by pakirisuitesphc(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2021
let your wife go and you will be visiting by air, With this kind of salary, two of you should have plan to save money within 3 to 4 years either to leave the country or start your own company where job will not separate you ever again.

3 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by nkemdi89(f): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2021
Let her resume the job first, then see how things goes , besides you are paying rent in lagos meaning you don't have a house, working life is easier in Abuja than lagos , if the job is permanent one in Abuja it's fair you build your own house , there are so many estates in Abuja where you can buy house or land. Don't listen to those telling you that depending on your wife salary is bad , so many men in Abuja are living under the fortune of their wives and you won't even know.

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by shegun4sur: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
Klass99:
You both have options;

1. She declines the new job and sticks with the 400k plus job.

2. You let her go to Abuja and you both visit each other like she suggested but that's not very cost effective, especially if you're running two homes and that 1.5M may not be so profitable at the end of the day.

3. Speak with your bosses and request a transfer to Abuja, so you stay together as a family where you can be actively involved in training your kids - women make sacrifices like these for their hubby's and hubby's career and for the sake of their families as a whole, why does it seem so hard for you men to do so for the same reasons women do?

400k + 600k income is not bad for one household, just make sure you don't increase the number of kids, because life is not going to be less expensive as we all grow older.

Modified to add: You're the head of your family, your final decision should prevail, but please dialogue with wifey do a pros and cons list together on all of your options. Think it through really well and run it by the Good Lord, then choose. The choice that floods your heart with peace will most likely be the best one for you all.

Gone are the days of final decision. they're partners in progress and should rub mind not give or take orders

2 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by biafranrealson: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
Sacrificed the relationship , let money flows in .
Any wife or kid that wants to misbehave will misbehave .it is when you are not getting money again that you will know the true nature of your wife
I left my family 6 years ago to Australia and they are ok , wife is respectful though on phone because she is seeing investment and money .

3 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Unrated900(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
In your statement you said
You don’t want to fly because of the cost
You make 600k monthly as you claimed
So 35k shouldn’t be your problem.
Don’t be stingy.

My advise thus.
Firstly don’t let your wifey stays in Abuja alone
Because those yahoo boys might snatch her
Also if she is there,she would be enjoying her life going to bars and club hence loosing focus and concentrations,
Also she would end up meeting the lifeless man we have as president
Finally the lifeless man might snatch her away from
You.

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Gjmff: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Unrated900(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2021
Once agajn don’t let your wife goes there alone
She will meet another man earning 3m monthly while you earn 600k
Those women can’t be trusted at times.

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by tunapawizzy: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2021
ALL I KNOW IS WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO AS A FAMILY, YOUR WIFE HAS TO KEEP THAT JOB.

2 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Karleb(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2021
How much is flight from Lagos to Abuja again?

Bros, it's better you arrange with your wife and arrange some 300k for your flight to Abuja every weekend or you talk to your boss about the new developments. There is a saying that you miss 100 percent of the shot you don't take.

I admire this your family sha. wink

3 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by tunapawizzy: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Stick with your Job at HQ

Let your wife stick to her new Job in Abuja.

The rest will be sorted out and adjusted with time.

Abi o
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by bigpicture001: 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
@op, liaten to me very well, havibg financial progress isnt same as havibg oeace of mind..ur wifes wage of about 400k as a supoort to ur household is even more than what 98% of Nigerians earn.if u cherish your famiky and peace of mind.stay where u are and search for lagos based better jobs for her....

This move will shatter your home,God has put u in good condition, and put a test to you using money....i have plenty families whose peace are shattered cuz the couple separated cuz of work.. people who work at CBN. And NNpC, dont think its small firms oo...

If i were you, i will put my family first.

Again for those idiots who see a woman contributing to family growth as weakness from the man.....poverty ,stroke from stress of trying to meet up if not already rich will kill u all....women are going modern and demanding their rights to alot of things at home...even right not to cook cuz they are tired you all are here stuck in the 70's getting ego drunk and killingburself with strokes.....

3 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Klass99(f): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Daddylaura: 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
Best thing is to relocate and apply for transfer to Abuja raise your family with ur children make ur friends understands how important it is. 1.5m+600k is not a joke in this recent times

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by SUGARCyprian247: 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2021
nawao..

This country them they call salary like this.

Omo, can someone help me get where I can even pay 1-1.5M to get a job offer + my Good qualifications.
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Nwaotu10(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2021
Op,

Please, help me secure a job in your organisation, and my household and I will god you till the end of time.
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by OJURONGBE1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2021
OP, do you work at a Bank?

1 Like

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by HolySpiritFire(f): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
Op, Let your wife move to Abuja while you retain your job first. The rest you can sort out later.

Imagine the nonsense!
Unrated900 [s:
post=102442737]Once agajn don’t let your wife goes there alone
She will meet another man earning 3m monthly while you earn 600k
Those women can’t be trusted at times[/s].

2 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Olayetan(m): 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2021
Hmm
I'm coming
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Unrated900(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
[s][/s]
HolySpiritFire:
Imagine the nonsense!

See this one
The type of them spit
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Jefferic(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
Bro. I key and tap unto the grace upon your marriage. Not all women will commit 100% into the home like you said. I really envy you. May God continue to bless your home and also give me this kind of your wife. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by labisibrass(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2021
There's no big deal here. Let her relocate, give a space of like 6 months,by then it would be wise to seek transfer. Be careful not to have any fight with her at this moment because she'd read a different meaning to it. It is well sir!
Life is not balanced sha, i see my 7 days in 5 months lipsrsealed
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by Livesimple: 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
Abeg connect somebody that has certificate to that job ur wife is leaving behind not me oo cos i no get certificate
Make baba Goddeh guide u Iseeh
Re: New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. by daben1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2021
ecolime:

Moving abroad at the expense of her company? They are incomparable. I no go think am oo. Some Ogas earning 3M plus for my coy sef don japa.
sorry for digressing sir, I've been jobless for over two years now, please can you help me whenever there's vacancy in you company? Please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally, I Got A Better Job Through Nairaland / My Friend Later Got The Oron Job: Thank Goodness! / Are There Any Remote Jobs In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.