Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) (97247 Views)

Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Mrporanir: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayemileto:

I can see from the image that the first message was delivered on May 14, which meant the loan was already due on or before May 14.

From 14 may till today (that the second message was sent) is 24 days.

If you have any Intention of paying back the loan, you should have definitely paid it back.

Even right now, you are not concerned about paying back the loan, you're only concerned that your family is being dragged into the matter

EDIT:
Also, the fact that you claim (as a matter of fact) that Branch don't blackmail people, is probably a sign that you're owning Branch too OR have failed to pay their money within the specified period in the past.

But they didn't take the footsteps this guys are taking.
Kid how exactly do you reason? That particular message and image was from a Twitter thread. https://mobile.twitter.com/potam1304/status/1398013453403623430
They sent the first message on 14th of may then the second on the 16th of may. I'm just using that as an example because I get similar texts concerning defaulters on my phone and I can't post them here due to privacy reasons.

And who told you because I know branch doesn't texts contacts then I've been defaulting? You need to grow up okay? Your level of reasoning is alarming.

6 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Mrporanir: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

Instead of you to look for money and repay your loan you're here talking rubbish!

The fact of the matter is that you never had any intention of repaying this loan!
So daft.. you couldn't even read well. Am I the defaulter? I only get such messages on my line and I'm wondering why they should tag the person's family. So if I'm the defaulter, I'll come online to post all the details including my full name right? Get quality education you said no

11 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Ayemileto(m): 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mrporanir:

Kid how exactly do you reason? That particular message and image was from a Twitter thread. https://mobile.twitter.com/potam1304/status/1398013453403623430
They sent the first message on 14th of may then the second on the 16th of may. I'm just using that as an example because I get similar texts concerning defaulters on my phone and I can't post them here due to privacy reasons.

And who told you because I know branch doesn't texts contacts then I've been defaulting? You need to grow up okay? Your level of reasoning is alarming.

Then you should have attached the Twitter link to the original post. shocked

If all the person's claims are true, then the company is 100% wrong.

But I can't see the Picture you uploaded here on that post/thread.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Mrporanir: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayemileto:

The defaulter is wrong. If you're sending messages to his contacts about him owing fine but tagging his whole family doesn't make an iota of sense. What do they mean by he's taking after the fotsteps of his father.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by MrFollowFollow(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mrporanir:

So daft.. you couldn't even read well. Am I the defaulter? I only get such messages on my line and I'm wondering why they should tag the person's family. So if I'm the defaulter, I'll come online to post all the details including my full name right? Get quality education you said no

Olodo!

So because it's a casual acquaintance that's why you disclosed the person's details for the whole world to see.

You're obviously brain dead!

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Mrporanir: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayemileto:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NicholasEke1/status/1398320762067488774
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayemileto:

Its very true.When I travelled to Owerri last week I have one of the messages sent to my phone & it was so annoying. They did not even indicate that d guy borrowed money & was unable to pay but they said he stole a company's money & on d run. Meanwhile d guy manages my poultry farm any time I'm not around & I got som trust for him. I was scared immediately I got d message & had to call dnumber,it was during d call d lady explained how he borrowed money from them.

12 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
halogate:
..it to say FG never ban Twitter, we for start #BanSokoloan...#BanLoanSharkApps
..but ofcourse, u know the story undecided

..God no go let me borrow from those baastarrds again.

Modafvckers nearly give my mama HBP, and no be say time don elaspe oh.
Robbosh!!
am in this mess too o,na my mama wey them dey call na im i no like,the woman fit cry now,they gave me till 4pm today,after they will start calling my contacts.chai.
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
ekene101:
When taking loan, delete all your important contacts,goto your Gmail contacts and delete the important contacts,sync it and they won't have access to your important contacts..let them message the 99% fake contacts on my phone,I don't care
Once you call and start abusing me or sending stupid messages to my contact,I ain't paying,I will change all my contacts to fake contacts and sync it with their database.let them message unknown gun people.
God bless that guy that posted this secret last week. You are a genius bro..
did that method work? Have deleted all even the entire contact +Gmail account+WhatsApp contacts.

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by teresafaith: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
Volkswagen90:
did that method work? Have deleted all even the entire contact +Gmail account+WhatsApp contacts.
Omo you craze gaan cheesy grin grin

God abeg o no bring situation wey go make me think of borrowing

9 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Guynexttdoor: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pay fire, once you start calling my contacts i will postpone the payment to the next 3 months, and they can't do shit...dont be intimidated with that.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Guynexttdoor: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayoemrys:
Very useless peaple
If they like make dem call from one generation to another

Once you Don call one of my contacts one kobo I no go pay again
grin
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by hope4nigeria(m): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayemileto:
Lol.

Go and pay your loan.

To the best of my knowledge, this loan apps won't go about tarnishing your image, even when you miss the deadline.

They will first give you a call and give you additional time to pay up.

Your reaction to that call/additional time is what will determine what next they will do.

I have a friend who told me he took loan from one of this apps (Branch specifically). After missing his deadline, they gave him a call and he told them he didn't have the money yet. Then they told him he can be paying back small small and it's not compulsory he has everything at once.

He started paying back gradually, 1k, 2k, 5h till he paid back his loan. They Never disgraced him because of his reaction.

But many Nigerians have zero intention of paying back the money they borrowed.

That's how one was asking me how he can borrow 50k or 100k from this apps. He wants to borrow a reasonable amount because he does not want to pay back.
e be like say you don't know sokoloan,they will disgrace you a day before your Loan expired
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Olayinka777(m): 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
Preshmane:
cheesy grin grin grin
grin Debola don buy market!
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Olayinka777(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Blame the useless chinese bosses who employ Poor nigerians to pay lil cash and force them to send these kinda uncalled for threats.

中国人不好
Blame your govt & yourself leave the Chinese out of this!

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by ekene101: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
Volkswagen90:
100% bro,after deleting sync your google contact,what's left of the contacts on your phone is what will be on their database.

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Rockingsonman: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
You lend money to someone who is desperate and you give the person only 6 days to pay back. Let's face reality, how feasible is that? Plus the outrageous interest rate. And when you default which they are almost certain you will, they start adding as much as N2000 per day for 15k loan and at the same time resort to gutter blackmail and telling wicked lies against you.

Is that not also an illegality on their part? After calling you names and lying to all your contacts that you used their profiles to collect money, they will still be disturbing you to pay the money. So how will they undo what they have done after you pay them?

Some regulatory agencies should wade into this issue before they drive some tender hearted people to suicide. As for me I have told them to do their worst and I an not scared of their blackmail. I simply tell my contacts to ignore them, even big companies take loans so it's not an abnomalty. I only pay because of principle and my conscience otherwise they can text their grand father.

If you know you don't have the capacity to give out loans and deal with five days delay which may arise in any human endeavor, why go about soliciting for people to come and borrow... without collateral, no documents, very easy, bla bla and not state it that you will resort to gutter blackmail and lies if they default by even one day?

Wicked and heartless loan shark operators feasting on the weak and vulnerable

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
ekene101:
100% bro,after deleting sync your google contact,what's left of the contacts on your phone is what will be on their database.
Bro i didnt sync,chai, but deleted every goddamn thing,but my data is on then,any hope?
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nasww22nasww: 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by ekene101: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Bro i didnt sync,chai, but deleted every goddamn thing,but my data is on then,any hope?
sync it now or anytime,it will still work
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by oranget(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
That was how one sokoloan manager sent me a message labelling someone a criminal. Although I don't blame them too much maybe that action is part of their terms and conditions you failed to read while applying for the loan

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Mrporanir: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
Rockingsonman:
You lend money to someone who is desperate and you give the person only 6 days to pay back. Let's face reality, how feasible is that? Plus the outrageous interest rate. And when you default which they are almost certain you will, they start adding as much as N2000 per day and at the same time resort to gutter blackmail and telling wicked against you.

Is that not also an illegality on their part? After calling you names and lying to all your contacts that you used their profiles to collect money, they will still be disturbing you to pay the money. So how will they undo what they have done after you pay them?

Some regulatory agencies should wade into this issue before they drive some tender hearted people to suicide. As for me I have told them to do their worst and I an not scared of their blackmail. I simply tell my contacts to ignore them, even big companies take loans so it's not an abnomalty. I only pay because of principle and my conscience otherwise they can text their grand father.

If you know you don't have the capacity to give out loans and deal with five days delay which may arise in any human endeavor, why go about soliciting for people to come and borrow... without collateral, no documents, very easy, bla bla and not state it that you will resort to gutter blackmail and lies if they default by even one day?

Wicked and heartless loan shark operators feasting on the weak and vulnerable
Exactly. I don't know why people are supporting them. They'll give you 20k to pay back 32 k in 7 days how feasible is that? They know you need the money urgently and it would be very difficult for you to ignore so you will most likely accept. My own is that why not face the person owing you? Why drag her family into it? Why should you even be telling her contacts she is fradulent or a criminal in the first place , who gave you that right to declare someone a criminal without any court siting? I know people whose marriages crashed because of these guys, they texted their wives and relatives.

I know people who lost their jobs to these guys when they texted their bosses and "ogas". That shit is very terrible. Google needs to uproot them from the play store, CBN or the FG needs to ban them. That's why I love IOS, IOS dey track them Wella. You can't find such apps on IOS.

12 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by oranget(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

Instead of you to look for money and repay your loan you're here talking rubbish!

The fact of the matter is that you never had any intention of repaying this loan!
MrFollowFollow, your name is really following you.
You followed more than 200 members on nairaland and all of them are female. Wow

21 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Rockingsonman: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
Guynexttdoor:
Pay fire, once you start calling my contacts i will postpone the payment to the next 3 months, and they can't do shit...dont be intimidated with that.

That's the way to go bro. If those contacts of yours know your antecedents they will never believe those trash.

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
ekene101:
Sorry for disturbing,as in u no get have up root the gmail address/account containing all contacts ,even whatsapp,see pictures,that gmail account u last doesn't contain anything.

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
. [/quote]so IOS/iPhone doesn't have these app?
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
ekene101:
In fact have deleted their so called app on my phone like 3days now
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Dogasas: 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Dogasas: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
Many people don't even know those guys steal your money when you're sleeping grin.

Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by ekene101: 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Sorry for disturbing,as in u no get have up root the gmail address/account containing all contacts ,even whatsapp,see pictures,that gmail account u last doesn't contain anything.
yeah the email where your contacts are backed up
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Danisaint112(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
ekene101:

Please can we talk on WhatsApp I need more clarification on this. I don't really understand you.

Here is my WhatsApp contact: +2347043132020
Re: Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) by Danisaint112(m): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
ekene101:

Like I have a lot of Questions?

Do this guys gain access to your contact even without you giving them the contact?

If yes, how?

And how can one avoid this disgrace?

Please help a brother my family members must not know about this... Please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria / I Know 20 Businesses You Can Start With 100k – Boda Lanre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.