Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN (18408 Views)

The Identities Of BDC Operators Arrested For "Transferring Funds To Boko Haram" / Terrorism Financing: Dozens Arrested In Nationwide Crackdown / ICPC arrests Ex-JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ojerinde over N900m Pencil & Eraser Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Shimran(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2021
Mikecold:
you have no brain what do I need to discuss with you

How been a Terrorist is hard work as you call it

Or how been a peadophile is a milestone

1400years of mentions isn't eating beans.
To say attacks and hatred do kills, Islam would have been since into extinction.
The west that have good and better livelihood, do accepts despite the attacks (no threats, no swords, nothing nothing but the truth message). Who is black man do deny?
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Shimran(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2021
Came4amod:

Because I have more understanding and never ever leave a stone unturned when it comes to getting my facts right .. religion is a BS created by some men like you and me .. and I as an individual have a right to debunk it .. I don’t need any charismatic fellow to tell me what to do .. it’s slavery in the 4th dimension .. slavery on your mind ..

Of all the smartness of an atheist he knows not his ends. What a smartness?
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 08, 2021
Shimran:

1400years of mentions isn't eating beans.
To say attacks and hatred do kills, Islam would have been since into extinction.
The west that have good and better livelihood, do accepts despite the attacks (no threats, no swords, nothing nothing but the truth message). Who is black man do deny?
Islam and Mohamed has been doing the hatred and killing since 1400 years

Sahih Muslim (1:30) - "The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to "fight against people" so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah."

Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us" The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.

Quran (8:12) - "(Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels... "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them "until there is no more fitna" (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Came4amod: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2021
Shimran:

Of all the smartness of an atheist he knows not his ends. What a smartness?

Do U know ur own end .. trying to know your end is even more selfish .. why not live first instead of confusing yourself about something that is impossible. You are meat and bone .. when u die u rotten .. that has been the standard before for you .. even the gods you worship.. this is the standard for them .. why do you think yours will be any different .. mind you I am not an atheist .. I don’t fall under any classification.. humans are too developed to be classified. I am me
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by gidado14(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2021
Kriss216:
You finance terrorists, got nabbed, paid fine, got realized, you then finance a bigger project, they kidnapped hundreds of school children, FG paid ransom, you got your money back with heavy interest.
Buhari is happy
Shekau is happy
ISWAP is happy
Boko Haram is happy
Lai Mohammed is happy
Pantami is happy
Sheikh Gumi is happy
Almajiri is happy
BMC is happy
Vulturegriller is happy!

Terrorism is Northern Nigeria business venture.
Nnamdi Kanu is happy
Ipob is happy
ESN is happy
south East are happy
Amaka Is happy
Senate minority leader is happy

Armed robbery, kidnapping and lack of common sense is a bussiness in South East

Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Shimran(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2021
Came4amod:

Do U know ur own end .. trying to know your end is even more selfish .. why not live first instead of confusing yourself about something that is impossible. You are meat and bone .. when u die u rotten .. that has been the standard before for you .. even the gods you worship.. this is the standard for them .. why do you think yours will be any different .. mind you I am not an atheist .. I don’t fall under any classification.. humans are too developed to be classified. I am me
Neither do I.
From your view point, human 's existence is of purposeless.
Of which the religious says no.
Created by a Creator to follows His commandments.
The life is a test of which you must be marked in the judgment day. (The reason behind our free wills to do anything of our wish, no compelling)
If God forces us toward His path then this is meaningless; its not more a test.
2why the hide and seek game? You ain't an atheist nor religious, then what?
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Shimran(m): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2021
Mikecold:
Islam and Mohamed has been doing the hatred and killing since 1400 years

Sahih Muslim (1:30) - "The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to "fight against people" so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah."

Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us" The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.

Quran (8:12) - "(Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels... "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them "until there is no more fitna" (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

With above quotes, so it has +2Billion Followers.
Despite that, he (Muh'd) lives peacefully with the non Muslims both in Medina and Mecca, except if there is a breach of treaty. why not killing the for the above quote's sakes?
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Came4amod: 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Shimran:

Neither do I.
From your view point, human 's existence is of purposeless.
Of which the religious says no.
Created by a Creator to follows His commandments.
The life is a test of which you must be marked in the judgment day. (The reason behind our free wills to do anything of our wish, no compelling)
If God forces us toward His path then this is meaningless; its not more a test.
2why the hide and seek game? You ain't an atheist nor religious, then what?

Humans as a species are naturally selfish.. that’s why
We were able to allow others lesser species go extinct in the first place .. earth could become a paradise if humans decide to let love lead .. if you love your fellow human .. we all can reallocate the energy used in trying to change the other mans believe to ours and use this energy to develop the world .. the ideology that we will die and go somewhere after here is very selfish .. which is making humans more prone to destruction .. the quicker we realize that we are a part of this earth and should nature it and make it operate at its best form .. the better for the generation coming after ours .. but instead we all want immortality.. this believe is the virus eating humanity gradually .. the carnal desire to want to live forever .. which is impossible as of today in whatever form u think it’s possible .. it’s a speculation.. feeding your callous desires to live forever .. the only true way to live forever is in peoples hearts .. and that what the gods have archived but in a social engineering form .. other people are already immortalized and some don’t even know ... dig deep .. and find what makes a man .. you will see it’s his desires to live forever ..

Finally where are these gods when dinosaurs roam the earth 96 million years ago ..? No record if these men were actually what they said they are .. then the theory of creation is still crap .. it clearly doesn’t add up .. but because we sinners want to be pardoned and live forever in paradise we believe and pray lol �. Shm
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Shimran(m): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Came4amod:

Humans as a species are naturally selfish.. that’s why
We were able to allow others lesser species go extinct in the first place .. earth could become a paradise if humans decide to let love lead .. if you love your fellow human .. we all can reallocate the energy used in trying to change the other mans believe to ours and use this energy to develop the world .. the ideology that we will die and go somewhere after here is very selfish .. which is making humans more prone to destruction .. the quicker we realize that we are a part of this earth and should nature it and make it operate at its best form .. the better for the generation coming after ours .. but instead we all want immortality.. this believe is the virus eating humanity gradually .. the carnal desire to want to live forever .. which is impossible as of today in whatever form u think it’s possible .. it’s a speculation.. feeding your callous desires to live forever .. the only true way to live forever is in peoples hearts .. and that what the gods have archived but in a social engineering form .. other people are already immortalized and some don’t even know ... dig deep .. and find what makes a man .. you will see it’s his desires to live forever ..

Finally where are these gods when dinosaurs roam the earth 96 million years ago ..? No record if these men were actually what they said they are .. then the theory of creation is still crap .. it clearly doesn’t add up .. but because we sinners want to be pardoned and live forever in paradise we believe and pray lol �. Shm

From your write up: you are full and matured somebody because it would be very difficult for an under 30 to give me his time and views.
But i am under 1/4 of 100, with less experience but with strong belief in my religion.

If you wouldn't mind, WITH TIME, I would (Insha-Allahu, I.e God's willing), comes up with reasons for my claims: Human are born with purpose each and everyone will be held accountable for his actions and many more.
My appreciation
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Came4amod: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Shimran:

From your write up: you are full and matured somebody because it would be very difficult for an under 30 to give me his time and views.
But i am under 1/4 of 100, with less experience but with strong belief in my religion.

If you wouldn't mind, WITH TIME, I would (Insha-Allahu, I.e God's willing), comes up with reasons for my claims: Human are born with purpose each and everyone will be held accountable for his actions and many more.
My appreciation

Lol I am not that old thanks for your kind words
Re: Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN by Konquest: 1:23am On Feb 22
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/terrorism-financing-180-bdc-operators-pay-n900m-penalties-to-cbn
Bump.

A source disclosed to Daily Trust that an initial list of 957 suspects comprising bureau de change operators, gold miners and sellers, and other businessmen is being acted upon.

Already, according to the source, over 400 persons have been arrested in a series of arrests in Kano, Borno, Abuja, Lagos, Sokoto, Adamawa, Kaduna and Zamfara.

CBN slams N900m fine on 180 BDCs

Speaking in an exclusive chat with Daily Trust, President of the Association of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), Aminu Gwadabe, said each of the 180 BDC operators was made to pay N5 million penalty to CBN, amounting to N900m.

“After engaging with the CBN and appealing to them, we were able to clear about 180 of our members who were asked to pay N5 million each as penalties. They have complied and are now returned to their legitimate business,” Gwadabe said.

He said the clampdown activities are not new as “they started in 2020 as a result of the new intelligence gathering mechanisms” of the apex bank.

The association’s president said the incidents are largely due to the carelessness of its members who engage in a transaction with someone they don’t know.

“It is a KYC (Know Your Customer) issue, it is not that they are directly involved in the illicit use of foreign Exchange. Painfully, this is happening at a time that we are contending with sweeping generalisation and criminalisation of the activities of our members,” he said.

Gwadabe said the activities of his members constitute a financial subsector providing over 25,000 employments and the association is doing everything within its means to change the narrative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign At Nnewi Market, Anambra State / PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation / Presidential Debate: Fela Durotoye Wants Donald Duke And Sowore Included (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.