Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship (42160 Views)

Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure / Reno Omokri Lands In Nigeria, Meets Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Holaomoakin(m): 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yes, square peg in the square hole.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
inoki247:
lol if Nigeria still dey exist afta 2023 the kain Damage wey d next president go jam e no go get option pass make he use all the past Leader du Ritual...

Even the Dead ones e go use derr bone d one wey don turn dust e go use derr dust....

Cos this Buhari wan make sure say e damage d country beyond redemption.....

No lie in what you wrote. The damage would require the sacrifice of past and present leaders plus their cronies.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by mecussey(m): 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Lol... All for nothing.
I'm kuku sure this is not 1983/84.
FG will collect from this coconut head generation!
Everything go soon escalate. Make una rest.

Them think say na only almajiris dey the country
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Shokoloko(f): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Have you finished?...'cos I can't any sense out of it.

Yes I'm done. If you cant' make sense of what you wrote, why did you eve feel the need to write it? How do we make sense of what you wrote if you cant make sense of what you wrote?
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by IMAliyu(m): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Welcome to the People's Democratic republic of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Minjim: 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
So it's the line of dictatorship China this FG wants to follow.
Who told them China is a democracy?
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Minjim: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ko le work.

Buhari think he'll be there forever ?
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Ate247(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
Belial06:
[/s]

[s]

My problem with comments like this Is that they are not properly thought out in a bid to comment on first page .

The ability to think and critically analyse issses is lost in being a talkative.

Do you even understand the difference between censorship and totalitarian acts ?

I doubt you have the capacity to engage me in an Intelligent conversation
Brutality. U just finished him.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by chaloskyx: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
IF NIGERIANS ARE WISE NO MATTER THE CANDIDATE NEVER ELECT ANY NORTHERNER AS PRESIDENT EITHER ATIKU OR YAYA BELLOW NEVER TRY IT CAUSE THAT WOULD BE THE FINAL COFFIN ON ALL MINORITY TRIBES AND OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE CHRISTIANITY AS IT STANDS NIGERIA IS AN ISLAMIC STATE TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by emimore: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
Gradual bye bye to democracy
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by netmillionaires(m): 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
You were making so much sense until u make the bolded declaration. I don't understand why you people like stating your thoughts as others intention or deeds. Nobody give a hoot about Igbos.

I like most nigerians didn't support Jonathan's re-election because I was already feed up with Jonathan and PDP's 16 years of misrule. Even the hausa/fulanis didn't vote Buhari because they hate Igbos. To them it is about the power. To them power is the all-in-all and muct be gotten by all means. I have friends who are Igbo and they voted Buhari. In fact one of them is my mentor and he supported Buhari during the Lekki issue. To him Buhari is a saint, Tinubu is the problem. Can we now say these people hate themselves.

Where were you when Jonathan was using a mere commissioner of police to frustrate Amaechi, a sitting governor at that time. This is to tell you that Jonathan has been corrupted by power and was already going the way of Buhari. And when we complained, they mocked us. Buhari only took the wickedness to another level.

Jonathan was enjoying tea party with boko haram until few weeks to the election when he decided to clamp down on them. Most people saw it as the usual PDP's shenanigan of always pretending to be working few weeks to election only to retract and abandon the masses once elected. These and more are the reasons people vote out Jonathan. They simply do not want to be scammed again. Have you forgotten that these same people rally around Jonathan to ensure that he succeeds Yaradua? Does it mean that they didn't hate Igbos then? I couldn't vote Buhari because I lost my voter's card on the eve of the presidential election and I am glad I didn't vote because Buhari is a complete disaster.

While I do hate this present government with so much passion, I wouldn't sit down and watch while lies are been cloaked as truth.
CSTRR:
What is paining me is that it was clear to everybody the kind of president Buhari will be.

He has his history and antecedents.

The fact that you could not predict it is either as a result of foolishness or just a rabid hatred for igbos.

Any of both qualities should ordinarily disqualify you from voting.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

We need censorship and we need it now before another problem adds to what Nigerians are facing

If ordinary FM radio can cause Rwanda genocide then Nigeria must be scared of fake news

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by CSTRR: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
netmillionaires:
You were making so much sense until u make the bolded declaration. I don't understand why you people like stating your thoughts as others intention or deeds. Nobody give a hoot about Igbos.

I like most nigerians didn't support Jonathan's re-election because I was already feed up with Jonathan and PDP's 16 years of misrule. Even the hausa/fulanis didn't vote Buhari because they hate Igbos. To them it is about the power. To them power is the all-in-all and muct be gotten by all means. I have friends who are Igbo and they voted Buhari. In fact one of them is my mentor and he supported Buhari during the Lekki issue. To him Buhari is a saint, Tinubu is the problem. Can we now say these people hate themselves.

Where were you when Jonathan was using a mere commissioner of police to frustrate Amaechi, a sitting governor at that time. This is to tell you that Jonathan has been corrupted by power and was already going the way of Buhari. And when we complained, they mocked us. Buhari only took the wickedness to another level.

Jonathan was enjoying tea party with boko haram until few weeks to the election when he decided to clamp down on them. Most people saw it as the usual PDP's shenanigan of always pretending to be working few weeks to election only to retract and abandon the masses once elected. These and more are the reasons people vote out Jonathan. They simply do not want to be scammed again. Have you forgotten that these same people rally around Jonathan to ensure that he succeeds Yaradua? Does it mean that they didn't hate Igbos then? I couldn't vote Buhari because I lost my voter's card on the eve of the presidential election and I am glad I didn't vote because Buhari is a complete disaster.

While I do hate this present government with so much passion, I wouldn't sit down and watch while lies are been cloaked as truth.
Actually, people do give a hoot about igbos.

They claimed Jonathan presidency is a govt of igbos.

Don't underestimate the role that that sentiment played in bringing Buhari to power.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Sleekfingers: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

We need censorship and we need it now before another problem adds to what Nigerians are facing

If ordinary FM radio can cause Rwanda genocide then Nigeria must be scared of fake news

help me tell them o.....especially those mofos posting fake news on nairaland....and those throwing tribal and religon punches on this forum........since the owner and moderators on this forum have failed in their responsibilities.....,..

I am strongly in support of governments monitoring our social media activities......because if care is not taken......what happened in Rwanda ,will happen here.........
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Sleekfingers: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ovo200:

Idiot
Where in your history book did you find that radio caused Rwanda genocide
Let me tell you something about what will happen to Fulani in Nigeria it called ethnic cleansing.
Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not social media

oga , the hate speech started on radio station....which is one of the things that led to the genocide in rwanda.....
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by akin9ja78(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Werey afonja ti ja bayi

kingbee90:

Shut up you Afonjas are neither here nor there when it comes to religion. Y'ALL are the reason why Nigeria is in this mess today. Despite your education and so-called SOPHISTICATION, illiterate maloo cow herders from funta jallon convinced y'all to vote for a wicked dumb jihadist based on religion.
Una never see anything.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by kechywillz(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Wahala dey,if d govt succeed with this,we are in for it,it will be sharia imposed all over Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Empiree: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
Theoutsider:

You too are ignorant. In the US they a teaching young kids homosexuality and trying to force boys into being trans. Its Pride month in the US and they are teaching young kids about adults having sex with the same gender. They are not arresting people for crimes, they are making sure they push an agenda. Please how oppose these teaching on twitter are banned. The reality is the USA controls most of the tech in the world.

I dont believe in shutting down social media, but its the same social media that is pushing homosexuality on young kids and blocking the previous American president. I bet you didn't hear the BLM leaders bought multiple homes for pleasure. That's because twitter is mostly left leaning and pro homo
what you said above is quite unrelated..I don't know how you managed to link this to subject matter.

Nigerians have became to independent on twitter, but going to China for help is also a mistake. Twitter and China media is the same in reality.
this is where you made sense and this is all I needed to hear
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by blacknoir: 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
TRADELYN:
What a country!
Blocking access to the internet is a priority over fighting insecurity.
Yet some brainless idiots are hailing the president
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by dam4sam: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
TRADELYN:
What a country!
Blocking access to the internet is a priority over fighting insecurity.

That is the MAIN "SIGNATURE" OF TYRANTS!
Nigeria is being rules by a Despicable Tyrant and his bunch of murderous, terrorist Fulani Herdsmen from all over W/Africa.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Babinski: 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

If you need censorship then you have to develop the capacity from within, not go to China shopping for slave-ware dosguised as censorship software that would digitally enslave you for ages to come.

And you have problems developing the capacity from within due to the culture of nepotism and tribalism that abhors the meritocracy required to breed excellence.

Anyway the irony is that when our corrupt leadership hitches itself unto the Chinese wagon in a bid to stifle home grown opposition, it may well signal the death knell for home grown corruption in the long run under China's digital colony.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Empiree: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Segzy19:
Look, I get you and I know that Nigerians post inciting stuffs on social media. I am not on social media except this Nairaland and whatsapp but then you will agree with me that this government is bad and evil. They have not handled this matter in the way they should have done. Social media exposes them and their atrocities. They rode on social media to get to power. They did everything they are complaining about when they were yet to get to power. They used fake news, propaganda, inciting stuffs and so on. I agree that social media should be regulated but not in this shitty and evil way. This regime is evil. They will meet their sudden doom soon. This is not about emotions. We stand to gain a lot from their destruction. Probably you don't live in this country
Yes, I don't. But I understand what you are saying. What you said actually exists overseas but they do it in a different version that covers their dirts. I won't elaborate.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by witworth(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
China has taken control of the colonial rule over Nigeria, it's all about better rates in the business.
America is too democratic for Nigeria federal government's liking, too much heat on corruption.
Nigeria is a Wrong Nation, wrong foundation
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Kaymaxine(m): 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Belial06:
[/s]

[s]

My problem with comments like this Is that they are not properly thought out in a bid to comment on first page .

The ability to think and critically analyse issses is lost in being a talkative.

Do you even understand the difference between censorship and totalitarian acts ?

To reply an idiot is degrading
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by dam4sam: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
kingbee90:

Shut up you Afonjas are neither here nor there when it comes to religion. Y'ALL are the reason why Nigeria is in this mess today. Despite your education and so-called SOPHISTICATION, illiterate maloo cow herders from funta jallon convinced y'all to vote for a wicked dumb jihadist based on religion.
Una never see anything.

Igbos like you are the reason these terrorist Fulanis are still controlling the levers of Power, using Fighter Jets to kill your Parents in Alaigbo, declaring one stupid Operation, after another, just to subjugate and control your destiny, yet you cant see beyond your nose, only abusing other Nations and whining over spilt Milk!

There are many Igbo Muslims, just as there are Yoruba Muslims, Christianity is also the same in the SE and SW so, where is the silly remark of some "Tribe are neither here nor there, when it comes to religion" or is Atiku Abubakar a Christian?
If the fact that Yoruba say they are "sophisticated" is what is paining you, please lay claim to a bigger Title or coin your own, like "Sophisticated Strongest" People in the world, it is all well and good, the Sky is big enough for all Birds to fly.

Again, Igbos like you left an Igbo Son, Kingley Moghalu, to vote for another Fulani in the name of Abubakar Atiku, how does that give you the liver to be insulting other tribes who also voted for a Fulani man? How can the Kettle accuse the Pot of being Black?
Is it not the same Fulani Maloo Cow Herders that are killing and raping in the SE, that led to the formation of ESN?

What l am doing is to make people like you see that attacking other Southern tribes will not help our situation of make us achieve our objective.
I dont have to like a Yoruba man but l will work with him to thwart the activity of these terrorist, Fulani Herdsmen who are our COMMON ENEMY.
What is even there in hating Yorubas when a large number of our people live within their enclave and are not disturbed or killed, the way the Fulanis kill Igbos in the SE?
THINK! THINK!! THINK!!! Dont let your Mouth destroy your destiny. Spread the Word.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Thatdopekelly(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Belial06:
[/s]

[s]

And the fool had forty likes, making it forty one fools.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by kingbee90: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
dam4sam:

Igbos like you are the reason these terrorist Fulanis are still controlling the levers of Power, using Fighter Jets to kill your Parents in Alaigbo, declaring one stupid Operation, after another, just to subjugate and control your destiny, yet you cant see beyond your nose, only abusing other Nations and whining over spilt Milk!

There are many Igbo Muslims, just as there are Yoruba Muslims, Christianity is also the same in the SE and SW so, where is the silly remark of some "Tribe are neither here nor there, when it comes to religion" or is Atiku Abubakar a Christian?
If the fact that Yoruba say they are "sophisticated" is what is paining you, please lay claim to a bigger Title or coin your own, like "Sophisticated Strongest" People in the world, it is all well and good, the Sky is big enough for all Birds to fly.

Again, Igbos like you left an Igbo Son, Kingley Moghalu, to vote for another Fulani in the name of Abubakar Atiku, how does that give you the liver to be insulting other tribes who also voted for a Fulani man? How can the Kettle accuse the Pot of being Black?
Is it not the same Fulani Maloo Cow Herders that are killing and raping in the SE, that led to the formation of ESN?

What l am doing is to make people like you see that attacking other Southern tribes will not help our situation of make us achieve our objective.
I dont have to like a Yoruba man but l will work with him to thwart the activity of these terrorist, Fulani Herdsmen who are our COMMON ENEMY.
What is even there in hating Yorubas when a large number of our people live within their enclave and are not disturbed or killed, the way the Fulanis kill Igbos in the SE?
THINK! THINK!! THINK!!! Dont let your Mouth destroy your destiny. Spread the Word.
You just wasted about 30mins of your life typing Trash.
You are a SOPHISTICATED MORÓN.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by lasisi69(f): 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
techWriter1:
China were moratorium winnie the bahs because folks say the President appearance am
lol... I read all your posts... Seriously, you don chop Belle full cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by oluwaahmed: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
plaindealer:

They have the same thing in America and it's called project ECHELON so what's next? America is totalitarianism?

As we speak, the CIA, FBI and the NSA can read your email, intercept your calls, filter your communication and so on.

When people lack exposure and know nothing about the outside world, they rest on ignorance and think their own country is shiitt when in fact the countries that they old dare are all doing the same thing.

Look at you. because u went to dubai you are yarning dust. During the BLM protest did the military come and shoot up protesters especially when it was peaceful? When Trump was tweeting trash about election and encouraged the insurrection in Capitol, did twitter not permanently block him? Did he ban twitter? Totalitarianism is issuing a presidential order and making it legally binding without the authority of the Legislative arm of the government or constitution. It doesn't matter whether he was elected or not once he aggregates power to himself unlawfully then thats totalitarianism. Same thing in North Korea and China. Has Nigeria not used China as an excuse to ban twitter? Should a democratic government use a dictatorship as a yardstick for domestic policy
Many of you try to sound intelligent but are actually not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy / Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.