Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship (42130 Views)

Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure / Reno Omokri Lands In Nigeria, Meets Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by lexy2014: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

We need censorship and we need it now before another problem adds to what Nigerians are facing

If ordinary FM radio can cause Rwanda genocide then Nigeria must be scared of fake news

with all d issues bedeviling Nigeria, from inflation, a failing economy, rising unemployment, kidnappings, failing infrastructure, failure on d part of govt to render public service, corruption e.t.c., it is Twitter that u and d govt feels is d most important issue at hand. As we speak, about 200 school kids are still in captivity. Nigeria can't deliver something as simple as passport to it's people and u say nigeria is a sovereign nation. Electricity is still epileptic in many parts of nigeria. So is deleting buharis tweet a more important issue than d business of governance which this govt has failed at delivering?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by pacespot(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
This is serious o, this should be a key point in the jun12protest, imagine putting the only means of freedom we have in this country in the hands of these sadistic, oppressive and nihilistic politicians in Nigeria. That means they've taken full control of our lives and future. Buhari is setting a very bad precedent for the incoming presidents that they can do whatever they like to infringe on our privacy. Can you compare Nigerian politicians with the Chinese, China has also adopted Capital Punishment for corrupt public office holders, can we also do the same in Nigeria? These leaders only copy policies from other countries that are suited for them but ignore the ones that will expose their sleaze.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by plaindealer: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
oluwaahmed:

The guy is absolutely correct. Its totalitarianism because it was done without the consent of the people(either through a referendum or the national assembly).
Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

Above is the definition of the term. The guy u quoted is way above your IQ level.

They have the same thing in America and it's called project ECHELON so what's next? America is totalitarianism?

As we speak, the CIA, FBI and the NSA can read your email, intercept your calls, filter your communication and so on.

When people lack exposure and know nothing about the outside world, they rest on ignorance and think their own country is shiitt when in fact the countries that they old dare are all doing the same thing.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by kelvin21887(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
I hope this people don't end up destroying my crypto business especially in this dip.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
Belial06:

Take a moment and think again about what you just typed

Don't just talk for the sake of it

Think
I've tot about it bro reaffirm my position that chine built some of the world's tallest cyber walls. Debunk this with facts
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by blackmaine: 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

We need censorship and we need it now before another problem adds to what Nigerians are facing

If ordinary FM radio can cause Rwanda genocide then Nigeria must be scared of fake news

Then how far Rwanda now ..A fool at 40
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by caprini1: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Isn't it ironic that the same China ,this devilish government and its minions were making fun of Peter Obi,for using as a model...loan: China, Infrastructure: China,now Internet censorship: China.... hypocrites and devils...Now China is the best thing for them after Sliced bread
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Belial06: 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
I've tot about it bro reaffirm my position that chine built some of the world's tallest cyber walls. Debunk this with facts

It's thought not tot
It's China or PRC not chine

No point

Cheers
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by LordReed(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
VPN business is about to boom in Naija.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by CoolAmbience(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
oluwaahmed:

The guy is absolutely correct. Its totalitarianism because it was done without the consent of the people(either through a referendum or the national assembly).
Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

Above is the definition of the term. The guy u quoted is way above your IQ level.

It is not totalitarianism because the president was elected on public trust, hence can make decisions in their best interest.

Neither you nor him have any IQs at all, let alone one which is low.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by CoolAmbience(m): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Hahahahaha

Another one of them

Talk and talk and talk and talk all in a bid to sound intelligent

Hush and think before talking

Talkative

Keep quiet jare.

Na hate go kill una.

Twitter has been suspended, go hug a transformer.

Twitter worshipper!
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by CoolAmbience(m): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
Shokoloko:

I don't think Boko Haram/ ISWAP uses social media much to disseminate information

Have you finished?...'cos I can't any sense out of it.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Belial06: 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
[s]
CoolAmbience:

Keep quiet jare.

Na hate go kill una.

Twitter has been suspended, go hug a transformer.

Twitter worshipper!

[/s]

Okay
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

The genocide was sparked by the death of the Rwandan President Juvenal Habyarimana, a Hutu, when his plane was shot down above Kigali airport on 6 April 1994.

A French judge has blamed current Rwandan President, Paul Kagame - at the time the leader of a Tutsi rebel group - and some of his close associates for carrying out the rocket attack.

So which fake news brought the genocide President died, shot down.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
Coldshisha:
undecided

You are the fake news carrier.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by King44(m): 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
Meeting the devil � for help...

Buhari and his people are trying to rule Nig as if it's their family house.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by henrybomb(m): 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
I pity the next person taking that seat by 2023
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Muhylonaire007: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
favour32:

Standard English language:
"I am"....

You haven't said anything!

'I'm' is merely a contraction of 'I am'. From Wikipedia: A contraction is a shortened version of the written and spoken forms of a word, syllable, or word group, created by omission of internal letters.

So let me ask you, what is the basis of your contribution? I totally don't get it.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by Teegelop(f): 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
What a failed government. You can work within few days to find a way in restricting/monitoring the usage of social media because you see it as a channel of criticism against your government but you can't use 6+ years to fix insecurity.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by tatutatu: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
inoki247:
lol if Nigeria still dey exist afta 2023 the kain Damage wey d next president go jam e no go get option pass make he use all the past Leader du Ritual...

Even the Dead ones e go use derr bone d one wey don turn dust e go use derr dust....

Cos this Buhari wan make sure say e damage d country beyond redemption.....
Buhari wants to be the last president of Nigeria, why do you think they suggested the name UAR. this republic for sure would have Niger republic as on of her major States.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by King44(m): 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
This government is a mistake.

We have two more years to wait for this clueless man and his family to vacate their seats.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by kingbee90: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
akin9ja78:

Am a Christian you bastard!!

Shut up you Afonjas are neither here nor there when it comes to religion. Y'ALL are the reason why Nigeria is in this mess today. Despite your education and so-called SOPHISTICATION, illiterate maloo cow herders from funta jallon convinced y'all to vote for a wicked dumb jihadist based on religion.
Una never see anything.

Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by kayjay69(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Unfortunately even China cannot block the use of VPNs.

There are several VPNs and they always update the version of their applications. I was in China some 3 years ago and despite the blocks on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, I used SuperVPN and was able to access these platforms.
Re: Nigeria Meets China For Help With Internet Censorship by itu404(m): 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Belial06:
Oh boy

Here it comes... Communism
After internet what next? Media ? Television? Restrict us to only Islamic programs ?

Implement sharia in media ?

Where are we going with all this? We should be building bridges not walls
Oga... you dey funny, the so called bridge you talk about will not be there if they do not put the walls in place soonest

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest / 2023: Northerners React To Peter Obi's Ambition (Pictures) / Zahra Buhari Shades Dino Melaye Over Festus Keyamo Argument On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.