Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. (2198 Views)

Yoruba Nation: Modupe Onitiri Abiola Declares Secession From Nigeria (video) / Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Adaka Boro died on the 8th of May 1968 during the liberation of Port Harcourt

Port Harcourt was finally Liberated on May 24

Your information is very Wrong

"My cousin Jones, a Regimental Sergeant Major during the Nigerian civil war told me over and over again that Major Boro did not die in the heat of battle with the Biafran forces. He said the area had already been captured and secured by his company and Major Boro was on an inspection tour when they came under fire. My cousin swore by the Ijaw gods that it was an ambush by one of Brigadier Adekunle’s units under the scorpion’s direct command. It was a brief but fierce battle, according to him and confirmed personally to me by another Ijaw field Lieutenant (he too died in combat six months later). The type of gunfire that erupted during that particular firefight was completely different from what the Biafrans were known to use in that sector of the war and which to them confirmed that it was one of the federal troops units that carried out the ambush. My cousin who died two years ago was one of the field officers who fought back the ambushing unit to retrieve the body of Major Boro. He was also one of the men who was assigned to accompany the body out of the war zone under the company of the Ijaw field Lieutenant. It was no secret at that time that Brigadier Adekunle was wary of Major Boro’s popularity and successes in the campaign. Boro’s direct access to Army HQ, plus the fact that Boro was commissioned directly and personally by Gowon made him a target of envy by other non-Ijaw senior officers".

(Akpobulokemi B. Oborokumo, Wednesday May 21, 2003
http://www.unitedijaw.com/tribute_boro.htm)

1 Like

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Christistruth00: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

"My cousin Jones, a Regimental Sergeant Major during the Nigerian civil war told me over and over again that Major Boro did not die in the heat of battle with the Biafran forces. He said the area had already been captured and secured by his company and Major Boro was on an inspection tour when they came under fire. My cousin swore by the Ijaw gods that it was an ambush by one of Brigadier Adekunle’s units under the scorpion’s direct command. It was a brief but fierce battle, according to him and confirmed personally to me by another Ijaw field Lieutenant (he too died in combat six months later). The type of gunfire that erupted during that particular firefight was completely different from what the Biafrans were known to use in that sector of the war and which to them confirmed that it was one of the federal troops units that carried out the ambush. My cousin who died two years ago was one of the field officers who fought back the ambushing unit to retrieve the body of Major Boro. He was also one of the men who was assigned to accompany the body out of the war zone under the company of the Ijaw field Lieutenant. It was no secret at that time that Brigadier Adekunle was wary of Major Boro’s popularity and successes in the campaign. Boro’s direct access to Army HQ, plus the fact that Boro was commissioned directly and personally by Gowon made him a target of envy by other non-Ijaw senior officers".

Gen Alabi Isama has now corrected that false information with evidence and names of Withnesses

1 Like

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Ojiofor: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Zik as Arewa citizen by birth gave them his candid advice, advantage and disadvantages of breaking away from Nigeria. I didn't see threat of war and genocide.
Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Gen Alabi Isama has now corrected that false information with evidence and names of Withnesses

On the contrary, the above was the correction to Alabi Isama lies.

1 Like

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/biafra-didnt-kill-adaka-boro/?amp=1

More evidence.
Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Christistruth00: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/biafra-didnt-kill-adaka-boro/?amp=1

More evidence.

Emeka Obasi is a well known History revisionist the moment I saw his name there was no need to read the Article
Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Emeka Obasi is a well known History revisionist the moment I saw his name there was no need to read the Article

And why should we take Alabi Isama, a terrible traitor whose account of the civil war is filled with half-truths, distortions and half-truths serious?
Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
My cousin Jones, a Regimental Sergeant Major during the Nigerian civil war told me over and over again that Major Boro did not die in the heat of battle with the Biafran forces. He said the area had already been captured and secured by his company and Major Boro was on an inspection tour when they came under fire. My cousin swore by the Ijaw gods that it was an ambush by one of Brigadier Adekunle’s units under the scorpion’s direct command. It was a brief but fierce battle, according to him and confirmed personally to me by another Ijaw field Lieutenant (he too died in combat six months later). The type of gunfire that erupted during that particular firefight was completely different from what the Biafrans were known to use in that sector of the war and which to them confirmed that it was one of the federal troops units that carried out the ambush. My cousin who died two years ago was one of the field officers who fought back the ambushing unit to retrieve the body of Major Boro. He was also one of the men who was assigned to accompany the body out of the war zone under the company of the Ijaw field Lieutenant. It was no secret at that time that Brigadier Adekunle was wary of Major Boro’s popularity and successes in the campaign. Boro’s direct access to Army HQ, plus the fact that Boro was commissioned directly and personally by Gowon made him a target of envy by other non-Ijaw senior officers".

We can atleast take the account of Ijaw eye witnesses serious. cool

1 Like

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Christistruth00: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

And why should we take Alabi Isama, a terrible traitor whose account of the civil war is filled with half-truths, distortions and half-truths serious?

Because Gen Isama was there and he gave the photo evidence and his story matched up with what the 3 Mcdo Soldiers had said

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Because Gen Isama was there and he gave the photo evidence and his story matched up with what the 3 Mcdo Soldiers had said

Lol!
He was no where.
He snapped random picture of a poor innocent Biafran boy to cover up his masters.

1 Like

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
My cousin Jones, a Regimental Sergeant Major during the Nigerian civil war told me over and over again that Major Boro did not die in the heat of battle with the Biafran forces. He said the area had already been captured and secured by his company and Major Boro was on an inspection tour when they came under fire. My cousin swore by the Ijaw gods that it was an ambush by one of Brigadier Adekunle’s units under the scorpion’s direct command. It was a brief but fierce battle, according to him and confirmed personally to me by another Ijaw field Lieutenant (he too died in combat six months later). The type of gunfire that erupted during that particular firefight was completely different from what the Biafrans were known to use in that sector of the war and which to them confirmed that it was one of the federal troops units that carried out the ambush. My cousin who died two years ago was one of the field officers who fought back the ambushing unit to retrieve the body of Major Boro. He was also one of the men who was assigned to accompany the body out of the war zone under the company of the Ijaw field Lieutenant. It was no secret at that time that Brigadier Adekunle was wary of Major Boro’s popularity and successes in the campaign. Boro’s direct access to Army HQ, plus the fact that Boro was commissioned directly and personally by Gowon made him a target of envy by other non-Ijaw senior officers".

http://www.unitedijaw.com/tribute_boro.htm

This is the account of real local eye witnesses.

Kiss the Truth.

1 Like

Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Christistruth00: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!
He was no where.
He snapped random picture of a poor innocent Biafran boy to cover up his masters.

Gen Alabi Isama was one of the Battalion Commanders that Captured Port Harcourt
Re: 1953 : How Azikiwe Stopped The Planned Fulani Secession From Nigeria. by Igboid: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Gen Alabi Isama was one of the Battalion Commaders that Captured Port Harcourt

So?
He was not in the scene of the crime.
He was a federal agent. Boro death has FG conspiracy all over it.
Boro was fighting under the false impression that he was going to get an Ijaw region with full resource control in place.
His Hausa-Fulani masters had no such plans and knew he was going to nuisance once the war ended. It made sense to take care of business right in the war settings.
Ijaw foot soldiers who were around were convinced Boro died at the hands of federal agents. And it makes sense looking at what became of Wiwa years later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari And Tinubu Wearing Face Masks Sitting Apart But Removed It When Together / Soludo Removes Ojukwu’s Pictures From Apga’s Materials, Souvenirs / NIGERIA ARMY KILLER SQUAD ABDUCT MAN IN AWKA ETITI, RUN BACK TO SHOOT CAMERA MAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.