Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG (30439 Views)

Tinubu Orders Cultivation Of Military Land Nationwide To Address Food Shortage / Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily / Law To Legalise Cultivation Of Marijuana In Nigeria Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by channelstravel: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
Romanoff:

If it will improve our economy, I don't see anything wrong in it.

We are more of a consumer nation than an exporting Nation. With proper regulation, I see it as a big industry in Nigeria.

Did he consider the negative effects of legalizing this? You could imagine the bad side of the wrong use of this drug even when it is illegal. Imagine when it becomes legalized and people could get access to it in Nigeria where 'control and regulation' only exists in ink
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by GoldHorse(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
Tintinnoty:
What's this man problem with regalizing cannabis? He keeps pushing for it

If you know how much people planting it all over the world are making you won't talk like this.

Me I am planting it once it is legalized grin grin
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Vision76(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Mumu man, is dat what next right now
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by zeusdgrt(m): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Romanoff:
Good one

For our ganjaville people, this is not the type that will get you high o.

This is for medicinal use only. The intoxicating agent on the plant gets removed and sold or exported in it's raw form for CBD companies to process for medicinal purposes.
I like the way you present your point,ur choice of words are precise and trimmed down to detail.Good one, looking forward to have a discussion with you
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Jakumo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ghana is embracing a wide variety of highly profitable business ventures whose raw material originates from cannabis or industrial hemp. A British-raised entrepreneur spearheaded the successful legalization drive for cannabis in Ghana, and now the man is quietly minting a FORTUNE in profits from his cannabis-based business empire.

Check him out as he explains the multiple income streams accruing to himself and numerous other Ghanaian citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCf8NXU0ivo

The current price of a barrel of crude PETROLEUM oil on the international market is $60 USD.

Therefore one liter of crude oil costs ( $60 dollars per barrel, DIVIDED BY 159 liters per barrel) which equals 37 cents(US) per LITER.

Now, that same one liter of cannabis oil extract costs $79,000 US dollars.

THEREFORE cannabis oil costs approximately 213 thousand times the cost of petroleum crude oil, per unit volume.

I hold a college degree in a science subject, and I researched this subject meticulously, so I challenge anyone to point out a math error here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sG5bhO420I

At the 1.11 minute mark of the above video clip, a Lesotho government official quotes the figure of $79,000 USD PER LITER of cannabis oil.

1 Like

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by olamilarks(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Sanromeo:

https://punchng.com/legalise-cultivation-of-cannabis-akeredolu-urges-fg/
Smart governor! Baba needs money to develop his state widely
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Romanoff(f): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
channelstravel:

Did he consider the negative effects of legalizing this? You could imagine the bad side of the wrong use of this drug even when it is illegal. Imagine when it becomes legalized and people could get access to it in Nigeria where 'control and regulation' only exists in ink

It is not legalizing the consumption but legalizing the cultivation.

Cultivating it doesn't mean you'll make it available for the public in it's raw form na.

It can be sold to pharmaceuticals. They will process, extract the CBD needed for the medicinal use.

The farmer can also export the raw plant to international Pharma's.

4 Likes

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by NairaMaster1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
AeroplaneApple:
Genesis 1:29

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth , and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

The good news is that weed is a plant that yield seeds grin

Please check my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6592021/80000-naira-loan

Mbaka must hear this
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by jaxxy(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
ordainbuzz:
This man must be a highman Rastafarian, this his sermon is becoming too loud.

For medical purposes. It's a very good idea.
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by channelstravel: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Romanoff:

It is not legalizing the consumption but legalizing the cultivation.

Cultivating it doesn't mean you'll make it available for the public in it's raw form na.

It can be sold to pharmaceuticals. They will process, extract the CBD needed for the medicinal use.

The farmer can also export the raw plant to international Pharma's.

Ok, that sounds interesting.

Thanks for the info
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by GeneralPula: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Akeredolu said , “The planet earth has a constant period of darkness and light every 24 hours which we call night and day, in like manner, just like every other crop or plant, Cannabis Sativa has both CBD and THC content which we can put it to good and bad use.

Intelligence !

2 Likes

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Chirowman(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Akeredolu is very serious on the issues of cannabis legalisation .
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
AeroplaneApple:

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth , and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

Isn't God wonderful? cheesy

Thank you, Almighty Father. smiley
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Romanoff(f): 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
channelstravel:

Ok, that sounds interesting.

Thanks for the info

You're welcome.

Farmers can be regulated and licenced by NAFDAC.

1 Like

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2021
ordainbuzz:
This man must be a highman Rastafarian, this his sermon is becoming too loud.

He is talking about revenue generation, not smoking. Olodo...
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2021
SMI2020:
Man weh sabi..

He is talking about generating income through the export of cannabis for pharmaceutical usage abroad.
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by AmotekunSW: 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
So that cows will eat cannabis and start behaving like Sheikh Gumi.
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
channelstravel:
While Nigeria is facing more serious issues, this drug addict is thinking about marijauna.

By the way, why is marijauna illegal in a country like Nigeria, we all need it to calm our nerves because everybody head dey touch for this country

If you are a graduate, you need to go back to wherever u studied and get your refund. Where did he talk about smoking or legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes?

He is talking about generating revenue through cultivation and exportation of cannabis (a modern cash crop) and you are talking nonsense. If we don't diversify the Nigerian economy to agriculture, what's the hope for the country! Try to learn more and keep shut when you have no clue.

4 Likes

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by IMAliyu(m): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
channelstravel:

With all these happening, do you think marijauna for medicinal use is what we should be talking about?
Why not?

Is it any better than the national debate on the Twitter ban going on.

He is proposing another way for revenue generation.

1 Like

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
Do you know how much just 25ml of cbd oil is being sold in the states? Its always between 30-250 dollars. That's massive ROI. Except like iowa that is not approved, it has become a serious business for many Americans. Thc, cbd oil and many new discoveries are money because of their healing and medical benefits. Nice one sir. Make it loud and loud.

2 Likes

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by channelstravel: 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2021
Afriqan:

If you are a graduate, you need to go back to wherever u studied and get your refund. Where did he talk about smoking or legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes?

He is talking about generating revenue through cultivation and exportation of cannabis (a modern cash crop) and you are talking nonsense. If we don't diversify the Nigerian economy to agriculture, what's the hope for the country! Try to learn more and keep shut when you have no clue.

Wherever you got your degree if you ever did, you should get a refund plus compensation for damages done on your character and lack of proper communication skills. Have a good day.
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by 9jaRealist: 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2021

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Jakumo(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Am beginning to think this akerodulu is a real niggarrrr

Ogaawa Slawomiir, I hail. We don mark una present for dis occasion. No shaking.

As you be man when like betta ting, make I show you where dem dey sell betta seed when go produce flower with lemon flavor.

https://www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk/search/?q=lemon&filter=eyIxMzEiOlsiNDM4Il19&page=1

Different flavor dey full ground for dis place. When dem blow whistle say make all man pikin grow him own ting, buy ya seed for there.
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Convention107: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
Se iyi lo tun kan bai �
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
channelstravel:

Wherever you got your degree if you ever did, you should get a refund plus compensation for damages done on your character and lack of proper communication skills. Have a good day.

Whatever! Hopefully what u have read would prevent you from making further ignorant comments on topics that require socioeconomic awareness. Youths like you should know better, but no, it's the other way round.

Annually, the NDLEA burns of hectares volume of marijuana, something we can export and increase our GDP which would help reduce poverty and provide more forex.

Akeredolu is one of the most intelligent governors in the nation. He has nothing to gain from people smoking marijuana.

4 Likes

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by roqrules04(m): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
The only place weed is legal in Nigeria are the beaches grin
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by vikstandon(m): 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Is long overdue... I have been waiting for this as a medicinal Chemist.

That plant has many therapeutic benefits!!
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by sonofElElyon: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
AeroplaneApple:

Please check my thread

I'm sure you are aware that not all plants are for food. The Bible mentions other uses.. do your research before you start cooking marijuana leaves as efo riro!
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Jakumo(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
roqrules04:
The only place weed is legal in Nigeria are the beaches grin

Technically one joint of weed can fetch a smoker 25 years, or one-quarter century of imprisonment. This is in practical terms a death sentence in Nigeria's jails, and indeed one joint has led to the death of many people left to rot in jail.

Governor Akeredolu SAN is set to end that madness, and elevate cannabis to the multi-billion dollar industry it is in other enlightened nations like Ghana and South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by Komu1048(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
Sanromeo:

https://punchng.com/legalise-cultivation-of-cannabis-akeredolu-urges-fg/

Kwale people be like, take our oyel n give us this man as governor. grin grin
Re: Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG by DAMN99: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
Cammo:
Ganja men will love this.
I love this bruh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures from Atiku's Presidential Rally In Gombe / Ndoma-Egba And Gen. Buhari In 1983 (Pics) / Ahmed Idimi Shares On A Private Jet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.