Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? (1202 Views)

Fertile Broiler Eggs / Where Can I Get Buyers For My Newly Hatched Fingerlings / I Need a Supplier of Broiler Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
So, my broiler hens have been laying eggs for sometime now but they are smaller in sizes when compared with layers'.

With the high rising cost of eggs, they have been a good substitute in this our never-smiling economy.

But looking at the sizes, I would like to know if it's possible to hatch them because they are being fertilized by the male ones.

Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by Patented: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
How old are they? If they have not matter then no hatching
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2021
They have been laying at 4 months.
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by chukskafor(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Patented:
How old are they? If they have not matter then no hatching
what are you writing please, can't comprehend a thing about it

1 Like

Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by jubrilcastle(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
Boilers do not incubate eggs. What you should do is look for native hen that's already laying eggs then swap the eggs and replace with that of the boilers (should be done b4 the hen starts incubating the eggs). Within 21 days of incubating u will have your day old chick. Just be sure that there's a male chick servicing the boilers else the eggs won't hatch
I hope that helps
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by chukskafor(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
trychris:
So, my broiler hens have been laying eggs for sometime now but they are smaller in sizes when compared with layers'.

With the high rising cost of eggs, they have been a good substitute in this our never-smiling economy.

But looking at the sizes, I would like to know if it's possible to hatch them because they are being fertilized by the male ones. Check if the eggs are double yolked by cracking few of them, if double yolked, it's not gonna hatch but if single yolked, then they are good for hatching
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by chukskafor(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2021
Check if the eggs are double yolked by cracking few of them, if double yolked, it's not gonna hatch but if single yolked, then they are good for hatching
trychris:

But looking at the sizes, I would like to know if it's possible to hatch them because they are being fertilized by the male ones.
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by Patented: 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
chukskafor:
what are you writing please, can't comprehend a thing about it

Typo. How old are the birds. Did they mate?If they have not mated there would be no hatching
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by chukskafor(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
Dude you are quoting the wrong guy here, i am not the op, though I actually pointed it out to you that there's I couldn't read a meaning to your message earlier..... meanwhile, for your question, the op specifically stated that the male broilers have been topping the females actually
Patented:

Typo. How old are the birds. Did they mate?If they have not mated there would be no hatching
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by AmeLonRo(m): 6:03am On Jun 11, 2021
The eggs should be hatchable if you get a cooperative mother to incubate or you have a mechanical incubator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b7KBlk2cdM
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
Okay, thanks but the eggs are smaller.
The males are doing their stuff�
jubrilcastle:
Boilers do not incubate eggs. What you should do is look for native hen that's already laying eggs then swap the eggs and replace with that of the boilers (should be done b4 the hen starts incubating the eggs). Within 21 days of incubating u will have your day old chick. Just be sure that there's a male chick servicing the boilers else the eggs won't hatch
I hope that helps
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Yes, initially one or two were double yolk which were discovered after they were cracked but is there any other way to detect it?

chukskafor:
Check if the eggs are double yolked by cracking few of them, if double yolked, it's not gonna hatch but if single yolked, then they are good for hatching
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by jubrilcastle(m): 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
trychris:
Okay, thanks but the eggs are smaller.
The males are doing their stuff�
The size doesn't matter just do the swapping of eggs. It will definitely hatch
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by chukskafor(m): 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Not at all, but condition can be corrected through feeding program, by feeding them whole grains and lots of veggies, cut down on the intake of protein and supply with a lesser protein contained feed
trychris:
Yes, initially one or two were double yolk which were discovered after they were cracked but is there any other way to detect it?

Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Is there a place to hatch or an hatchery along Agbara in Lagos?
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
So, I finally got a guy who has a hatchery, gave him 13 fertilized eggs on Friday.
He said it would take between 21 and 22 days.
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by stanvesco(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
trychris:

any update bro on your incubated eggs?
Re: Can These Broiler Eggs Be Hatched? by trychris: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2021
Only one got hatched and here is it. The hatchery had some issues which affected others adversely and were not hatched while a few it was discovered were not well fertilized. This one came out on July 21. Not a failure after all.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Invest My Hard Earned 1M In Agriculture..expert Advise Please / Soursop Leaves For Sale. Prevent Cancer Diabetes Etc / Any Fish Pond For Rent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.