Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? (1494 Views)

APC Looses Poll On Its Own Twitter Page / Nairaland Forum Is A Better Platform Than Twitter Get Your Own Twitter / Stop Abusing Buhari Over Rivers State Political Problems - Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 10, 2021
Myer:

Well said.
But you could have left out the last 2 paragraphs.
It's actually an opportunity for app developers to provide a local social media platform that could garner enough attention and subscription to compete in the global market.

Indeed. When Buhari stated that Nigerian youths are lazy, many attacked him.

Instances like this validate Buhari's claim and attest to the fact that Nigerian youths are bedevilled by the worst form of laziness possible i.e mental laziness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by 30naira: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:
Una no get brain?

You so-called educated Nigerian youths that should see Twitter's ban as an OPPORTUNITY to use your own brains to develop a platform, are too busy shouting and abusing Buhari for banning Twitter, to employ your own creativity and innovation.

After all it was in this same Nigeria that some Lagos boys developed Paystack, which was later bought by Stripe for 200 million dollars.

So what is stopping you from building a 'Twitter' app, instead of crying that the FG took away business from oyinbo people?

Are you cursed to depend on whites all your lives?

Are you really a wasted, useless, hopeless, dependent generation?

I usually don't do this, it's out of my character. But since you have no problem with throwing insults, let me start by saying that you are a bloody fool, a fool at 40! If your generation was any better, we wouldn't be were we are today.

Now after getting that out of my chest, let me explain a few things.
There is talent here. Alot of it. I am a Java programmer. My buddies and I built an app we strongly believed will be a game changer. But then we got stuck. NO FUNDS, NO OPPORTUNITY.

We need alot of financing, we have gone to banks, state government, corporate institutions who would benefit from the idea, nobody is blinking. They love the idea, but no one is ready to put money down. One governors aid wanted us to 'belong' so that he can introduce us to the governor lol.

You mentioned paystack. Do you know who their parents are? Do you know how much money and material support they had at their disposal? Do you think theirs is a grass to grace story? Many youths, however talented they are will not get any support. The system is rigged against the poor, and unfortunately the larger majority fall into that category.

Have you never wondered why the same Nigerian youths Excell outside? Have you also factored in our decaying education system?

Please think before you open your gutter mouth abeg. Some of us having experienced the challenges firsthand. Your comment is an insult to hardworking, smart Nigerian youths.
The country is a dream killer
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by 30naira: 8:42am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:

My friend go and sit down.

This whole excuse of ''we cannot be a developed country SINCE we are not a developed country'' is lazy and redundant.

Nigeria is a developing country. You will NOT have that 'conducive environment' El Dorado you demand before you can be productive.

Of Indians can create all sorts of apps, SO CAN YOU.

There is no problem we have in Nigeria which they don't have in India, from power cuts to corruption, to nepotism, tribalism etc.

Yet they do stuff regardless.

You must be proactive. Take one step at a time, and stay the course. If the idea is good, eventually you will blow.

I have been to India, they are light-years ahead of us. Don't even compare. I took a 6 month IT course in India, I wouldn't pay that much money if we had an equivalent in Nigeria. Power cuts in India are nothing like what we have in this shit hole. Education is not remotely comparable. IT infrastructure isn't on the same level. My brother, this is a issue that personally affects me. Don't say things you have little knowledge of.

The problem is not the youths, it's the government
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by 30naira: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2021
Rissimenky:
I still don't understand how Nigerian youths cry unemployment.

You can literally go on YouTube right now and learn ANY SKILL FOR FREE, within a matter of weeks or even days.

Learn, it and then start offering the services as a business person.

What skills? Web Design, Fancy Bakery, Bar B Q Grilling, Computer Repair, Accounting, Event Management, Interior Design, Import/Export, I mean....every damn skill, man.

FREE OF CHARGE.

So why not learn a skill, hustle some starting capital, however small, and take off?

But no. Every day na Buhari this Buhari that.

LOL na really hustle the starting capital. Shey they should steal?

Most of those skills you are talking about, the supply is almost more than the demand. You will not make enough income consistently to afford you daily needs. Go to programming section and see the number of web developers we have in nigeria. The supply simply outweighs the demand. Same goes for a lot of the skills you mentioned. They are suitable for a student who wants a side hussle, but for someone who wants to make regular income to meet daily needs, you ll die poor.

Our economy needs to grow before there ll be increased demand for many of those skills. Even the ones were there is demand, there are corporate giants in the sector who are more positioned to take the jobs from you
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by Inteltower: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
oyatz:

He is talking about Business, you are talking about Politics.

He is talking about solutions but you are talking about problems.

Oh pls u cant separate the two
Politics of the country affects the food on the table for the common man in the street

Trying to separate both is foolishness
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by hotwax: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
tell your ancestor buhari to stop rushing to UK hospitals.

He is responsible for building hospital,

lets stop making excuses for our leaders. Lets hold them accountable...

you are not born to be slave
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by Sunday2021: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2021
chicoMX:
Mumu. Tell buhari to stop visiting the UK whenever he has ear problems.
the guy is trying to help you but because of your hatred toward Buhari you decided to block the little brain you are managing.
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by Sunday2021: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:
Since the solution is doing away with the problem, Nigerians don’t want the man, why can’t he go be the King of Northern Nigeria until death?
then who voted him.
Only ipob terrorists hate the man!
Re: Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? by chicoMX(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
Sunday2021:
the guy is trying to help you but because of your hatred toward Buhari you decided to block the little brain you are managing.

How much has the post helped you? I

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Labour Party Town Hall Meeting In Calabar / 2023: “I Challenge You To Deny It” – Wike Reveals Atiku’s Promise To Him / Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.