Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences (678 Views)

What Is That One Thing People Tend To Mistake Your Type Of Person For?? / Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video) / Any Lady Who Isn't Ready To Live By These Rules Is Not Worth A Proposal!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by Hed0nist: 12:33am On Jun 10, 2021
I have personally been in this situation at two different times in my life. I had no attraction whatsoever to the body of the first and the face of the second. Also, the onset of these affairs did not rhyme with the usual pattern of the chase and subsequent yielding by the babe. They had happened due to proximity, friendship, shared interests and other factors. But we were exclusive at a point.

Both relationships ended amicably and we're currently still friends. However I was the one who initiated the break-ups.
They were basically perfect in other aspects; character, knacks (most virile guys can knack even in the absence of outright sexual attraction), cooking, financially, sensible mindset etc. Even though they still had the normal scoin-scoin that women usually have grin

Breaking up had nothing to do with me feeling I could do better (they bin get toasters on a regular, na just say dem no just be my physical spec). That feeling of having to lie numerous times cos you don't mean it everytime you tell her: "you're beautiful". Or not ever having their photograph in your mind's eye cos there's really nothing there that you want to save. Or everything that should be sensual having to feel mechanical to you. These are not feelings that one wants to battle with everyday.
Most importantly I felt they deserved to be with someone who would be awed constantly by their glory. It's not easy mehn cos I feel as a guy physical attraction is a big factor all things being equal.

I know we will all grow old and wrinkly but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't appreciate what we appreciate
Have you dated someone you were not physically attracted to? How was the experience?

Goldiggers do not count.

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by richeeyo(m): 12:36am On Jun 10, 2021
If you a decent type, you build her to your taste positively and in the other room, do what ever to her
Re: Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by Hed0nist: 12:36am On Jun 10, 2021
richeeyo:
If you a decent type, you build her to your taste positively and in the other room, do what ever to her

Via plastic surgery? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by Hintona(f): 1:03am On Jun 10, 2021
I'm just trying to figure out how you managed, because I can't even imagine being with someone I'm not physically attracted to.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by chatinent: 1:08am On Jun 10, 2021
Fakexperiences of love?

I ain't no faker.

I love for real.

I don't care if the other person sees me a fool.

.. but I don't get sad if you walk away.

You lost me.
Re: Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by Uncle93(m): 1:21am On Jun 10, 2021
I've typed and cancelled , I reserve my comments. cool all these 100plus girls I wasn't attracted to turned out obsessive, I always run run run,
Re: Dating Someone Who Isn't Physically Your "Type"? Share Your Experiences by DWJOBScom(m): 2:01am On Jun 10, 2021
Me I don't understand at all!
You obviously didn't ask he or she out or she or he was just available at the moment. Another could be you still have your eyes outside or lack the knowledge that every figure you see today will one day disappear

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Indians Hate Blacks � / Fight The System , Men Are Being Gang Raped Around The World / We Are Broken Up But We Are Getting An Apartment Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.