Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff (40476 Views)

Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone. / Profile Of Major-General Farouk Yahaya (Chief Of Army Staff) / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Bennycollins: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
Oh I never knew or heard that the army is exclusively meant to fight BH. Funny people.
garfield1:

None of those generals have led a major operation against boko haram since 2015
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by candidbabe(f): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Ojiofor: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2021
garfield1:

He commanded lafiya dole between 2016 and 2017

Who told you the other 20 something generals never commanded anything since their military career?
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ojiofor:

Who told you the other 20 something generals never commanded anything since their military career?

Oga,I said led major operations against boko haram.it has to be boko haram not just anything
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
Bennycollins:
Oh I never knew or heard that the army is exclusively meant to fight BH. Funny people.

Not so but the biggest issue in insecurity is boko haram.it is what the army and the govt are heavily on so the coas must be anybody that has led anti boko theatre according to their criteria.even if not boko,let it be someone leading the fight against insecurity or insurgency
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Basher8583: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ngenge:
Only his nepotic tribesmen do fight war and conquer. I'm waiting for May 29 2023 jare or Biafra

You that your population in SE has further reduced to 3%. Failure of a tribe
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by moneyisgood6or9: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
2mercy:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/10/why-i-appointed-maj-gen-farouk-yahaya-chief-army-staff-%E2%80%94buharij
*HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA* *Artist Bebe* *HOW I SEE NIGERIA TODAY* This is the new birth of Nigeria. Birth to TERRORISM, BOKOHARANISM, ETHNIC FAVOURITISM, CORRUPTION, BANDICTORY, FULANISM, BOMBING, MASSACRE, REVOLUTION, FIGHTING, UNKNOWN GUN MEN(UGM), MILITARY INVASION, ANARCHY, KIDNAPPING, DICTATORIAL LEADERSHIP, LEADERSHIP FAILURE, DANGEROUS LEADERSHIP , ARMS PROLIFERATION, SOARING KILLINGS & DEATHS etc. Weeping Nigeria! Sorry oh. We were holding you from falling but you have slipped from our hands. May God help you. Only God can save you this time. Weeping Nigeria sorry oh

Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by AnanseK(m): 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
He will still fail just liked you've failed

That’s your prayer and it will remain unanswered. We cannot continue sleeping with the enemy. IPOB must have their Biafra whether they like it or not.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Gbam
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Ojiofor: 2:44pm On Jun 10, 2021
garfield1:

Oga,I said led major operations against boko haram.it has to be boko haram not just anything

Is he the only serving General that have led major operation against Boko?
Why didn't he appoint the current general leading operation against boko haram?
Buhari is bigot simple.Even police IG is Fulani that are qualified to be appointed.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Bennycollins: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
Tell that to someone else. I know that military tactics/ wafare or antiterrorism, be it intelligence, infantry, amphibious, are universal. At some point foriegn mercenaries have been involved in the fight against insurgents, those mercenaries did they have prior experience fighting BH specifically? We are not even talking about field commanders. We are talking about the office of COAS.
You people reason like Buhari himself that is why you don't realize the implication of retiring 20 generals from the nation's armed forces in one fell sweep. How many were retired not long ago when Attahiru was appointed? The one who should know what it takes to rise to a major Gen. is the person committing this atrocities, no surprises anyway, cos from books of history, he was a quota system officer not through merit.
garfield1:

Not so but the biggest issue in insecurity is boko haram.it is what the army and the govt are heavily on so the coas must be anybody that has led anti boko theatre according to their criteria.even if not boko,let it be someone leading the fight against insecurity or insurgency
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by azzima(m): 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Kriss216:
So, Farouk Yahaya is the first and only soldier to led a war

Baseless excuse from the … presiding over the most populous black nation in the world!
Though I don't like Buhari , but if I must be a President, an important role like this should be given to someone that I KNOW and TRUST......No Sentiments here!
Everyone else will do same!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by God2man2again(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
garfield1:

Arise TV interviewed him

Thank you.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ojiofor:

Is he the only serving General that have led major operation against Boko?
Why didn't he appoint the current general leading operation against boko haram?
Buhari is bigot simple.Even police IG is Fulani that are qualified to be appointed.

The current general or the last general leading boko haram operation also called lafiya dole or hadin Kaye was this current coas na.the current police IG is not a Fulani man but from a minority called barde.fulanis are minorities in yobe,the major ethnicity in yobe is kanuri.most of the people you think are Hausa fulanis are not.therefore,you guys accuse buhari of nepotism erroneously
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
Bennycollins:
Tell that to someone else. I know that military tactics/ wafare or antiterrorism, be it intelligence, infantry, amphibious, are universal. At some point foriegn mercenaries have been involved in the fight against insurgents, those mercenaries did they have prior experience fighting BH specifically? We are not even talking about field commanders. We are talking about the office of COAS.
You people reason like Buhari himself that is why you don't realize the implication of retiring 20 generals from the nation's armed forces in one fell sweep. How many were retired not long ago when Attahiru was appointed? The one who should know what it takes to rise to a major Gen. is the person committing this atrocities, no surprises anyway, cos from books of history, he was a quota system officer not through merit.

Oga,you pdp fans argue unreasonably without facts.right from 1999,the most senior officer are never appointed coas or service chiefs.it is whoever the president is comfortable with.over 50 generals were retired to make way for malu.the appointment of coas always leads to the retirement of at least 10 generals.same thing happen in the police.the only time the most senior was appointed coas was during the first republic and military era.from 1999,it has never been by seniority except with the appointment of this present police IG.this is the norm in the 4th republic.

Under buhari,the main criteria for being appointed coas is having served in lafiya dole.boko haram is our major insecurity threat.therefore,that decision is largely justified.after all experience is the best teacher

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by wisdomdessy: 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
2mercy:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/10/why-i-appointed-maj-gen-farouk-yahaya-chief-army-staff-%E2%80%94buharij
Which war, has Nigeria military fought any war, other than killing innocent civilians, shameless Buhari.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by MoIbrahim: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ekez:
Can anything good come out of you Buhari?
This one no good reach?
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Bennycollins: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2021
Why should I even continue arguing with you? Las Las sense will locate you, I have a notable brother that abused and called us name for saying Buhari was incompetent and unfit. Guess what, that man is the one shouting and calling Buhari names that we the original 'wailers' haven't even called him.
You only made statements your self, no facts cited but I'm the one arguing unreasonably.
garfield1:

Oga,you pdp fans argue unreasonably without facts.right from 1999,the most senior officer are never appointed coas or service chiefs.it is whoever the president is comfortable with.over 50 generals were retired to make way for malu.the appointment of coas always leads to the retirement of at least 10 generals.same thing happen in the police.the only time the most senior was appointed coas was during the first republic and military era.from 1999,it has never been by seniority except with the appointment of this present police IG.this is the norm in the 4th republic.

Under buhari,the main criteria for being appointed coas is having served in lafiya dole.boko haram is our major insecurity threat.therefore,that decision is largely justified.after all experience is the best teacher
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Kandeed: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
Cc; Komu1048 Ogun's location

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
Bennycollins:
Why should I even continue arguing with you? Las Las sense will locate you, I have a notable brother that abused and called us name for saying Buhari was incompetent and unfit. Guess what, that man is the one shouting and calling Buhari names that we the original 'wailers' haven't even called him.
You only made statements your self, no facts cited but I'm the one arguing unreasonably.

Am very disappointed in a fellow akwa cross brother like you.instead of you to counter my detailed facts,you resorted to insults and vituperations.whenever people are defeated with superior arguments,instead of accepting defeat,they resort to vitrioles which is low,highly unintelligent and amateurish.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by NorthernSerene(m): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
He will still fail just liked you've failed
Wait o NaijaRoyalty, are you a Nigerian? No, no na question I dey ask you.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Ojiofor: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2021
garfield1:

The current general or the last general leading boko haram operation also called lafiya dole or hadin Kaye was this current coas na.the current police IG is not a Fulani man but from a minority called barde.fulanis are minorities in yobe,the major ethnicity in yobe is kanuri.most of the people you think are Hausa fulanis are not.therefore,you guys accuse buhari of nepotism erroneously

I hear you.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
grin

Buhari is stylishly saying the Igbo General, Ahanotu would steal a female gown and run during war.
na only ahanotu be Igbo general...why Ina de camo for am... Besides Igbo man is already cheif of defence staff...
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by frog12: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
sounds good. merit given where due. he that fought on the front is rewarded with the top post. but should we lose 20 top officers over one officer ?

garfield1:

That was in 2009,very obsolete.he did not command any war effort
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
frog12:
sounds good. merit given where due. he that fought on the front is rewarded with the top post. but should we lose 20 top officers over one officer ?

Most of those generals are office generals with no anti boko experience.moreover anytime a coas is appointed,several generals are retired
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Jungleluv5: 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2021
You select him because he is a fulani man and northern extract. That reason is not genuine and it is after taught. Mr president and presidency caucus sir we have people who can do better from other tribe sir. Everything is lórí iro
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Oyiboman69: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2021
Mastakija:
Who has noticed
Buhari has been talking publicly more dan ususalgrin
he is public idiot undecided
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by frog12: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2021
is it compulsory retirement ?
which means General Ahanotu will go too.
the office generals can leave since they don't want to work any way

garfield1:

Most of those generals are office generals with no anti boko experience.moreover anytime a coas is appointed,several generals are retired
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Ikpongiton: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
A dullard will always bring a dullard to the fore front.
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by explosiveskull(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
Re: Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by explosiveskull(m): 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Reading twice to understand what is being talked about cannot be foolishness; only cownu school for the rapists can it be termed such.

By their mark of the beast, you'll know them. Always quick to anger and welcoming to violence. They are slaves to one angry blood thirsty nymphomaniac prophet that cuddled their brain with one terrorism handbook attributed to one dirty sky god. Peace have never been near them.
These people with mark of the beast on their temple are horrible, if their terrorist tendencies ain't enough, they now want to cower the entire populeuse with intimidation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drunk Soldier Bounced From A Club In Lagos (Photo, Video) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today For His Bail Hearing / Senator Saraki And The Fictive Cabal- Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.