Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours (42013 Views)

Joke Sketch: If Nairaland Was A Real City... / Nairaland Was Down For About 15 Minutes / See Why Nairaland Is Trending On Twitter (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Amodi470(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
grin
Kriss216:
Omo, I tried using VPN to access Nairaland thinking maybe our darling President has treated Nairaland in a language it understand.

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by iamL(f): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
I was virtually in total darkness for that 2 hours

Nairaland is like my oxygen
I can't live without it

Better get a life offline. Is the best.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by 77star: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
ok
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Duvet1950: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland was down for two hours due to a minor miscommunication with our host that was related to copyright infringement.

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

We know that keeping Nairaland working is especially important in this terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

I am NOT sure if you're the owner or host of this site but FREEDOM of SPEECH no matter how distasteful it might be, is a bedrock of DEMOCRACY. And to keep restricting what TOPICS should or should NOT be discussed on this FORUM especially in this modern day, is not only preposterous but a disservice to the citizens of the country. You can't be restricting speech on the site and at the same time claim that people are FREE to air their views. With what's going on in the country, citizens should be allowed to express their views on any issues that affect the country and NOT stifle dissenting views. Nigerians should not be coerced due to an individual's pecuniary inducements to accept hook line and sinker the narratives of those that pay to have such as the truth and the ONLY prevailing narratives. This is actually what is WRONG with the country. People are made to think and reason a certain way or to only believe certain narratives. If by cheer providence you have a different view or opinion, you're either gagged and prevented from expressing such or declared an ENEMY of the state. What a SHAME and a DISGRACE!
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by criuze(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nairaland go down

Megasonic protest
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by FatherChrismas: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seunn is trying to pass a message but it seems alot of people are blind.
You saw where he bolded terrifying. This political climate is too tough

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by stasius: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
I fear oooh.

I thought the ban has reached naira land oo
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by t2u234: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
Oh ok.
Vivien458:
I'll rather buy a DStv than this waste of money.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by ghiloman28(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
I think say lai don sanction Nairaland nii. Make anything no do Nairaland oo
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by beejay4all(m): 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
I thought as well was even thinking if the site was hacked. But thank God it wasn't o.

#Nairaland till Year 4040 and beyond
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by baloney: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Harmattan123(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
I was virtually in total darkness for that 2 hours

Nairaland is like my oxygen
I can't live without it
May God heal you
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by spydken(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
I honestly thought government banned it. was really worried cos i know this government
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by snoopz: 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland was down for two hours due to a minor miscommunication with our host that was related to copyright infringement.

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

We know that keeping Nairaland working is especially important in this terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

when I saw 504 error I be like abi FG don gbese on nairaland?
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Tangana: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nairaland my second home
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by AfonjaConehead: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
That's your own style... not mine. Seuun is my homie.

Coded begging grin

Abeg someone should help o grin

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by mordred44: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
I tot lai mohamed is behind it
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by anthonyuncle(m): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
even seun self do mistake for english grin

Seun:

but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by madridguy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
The tsunami damaged many things on this forum.

Fembleez1:

Lol. That's strong! Lost my account with that 2014 tsunami.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by BePrepared: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun plz remove that prayer one sees before commenting on Islamic thread, let's comment freely, this is freedom of speech age mbok.

May grace fall on u
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by mecussey(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kylekent59:
I thought the FG banned it. It is good to be back here.

Apology accepted.

Probably, it was banned but Seun bargained that they will not be part of the protest.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by mathong: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2021
firstratedcitiz:
Seun, give Nairaland a facelift. The site is long overdue for a page redesign. I have been visiting Nairaland over the past 10 years or more and the website still looks exactly as it looked ten years ago. Introduce new features and make the page to be HTML-5 compatible. Redesign some existing features on the page and also introduce more reaction/edit buttons (delete, edit, share, etc) to make Nairaland to be more engaging for users. The existing "Share" feature under posts does not even link to any outside program. You can change this. Please take these suggestions seriously but be assured we truly love Nairaland. Thank you.
God bless you
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by BluntCrazeMan: 3:46am On Jun 12, 2021
Holiegrail2:
I was worried oooh,thought the presidency suspended nairaland.
Soon though.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Fembleez1(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2021
AfroKnight:

grin
I thought so too. Entire pages/threads were lost. After the incident, I just lost interest and abandoned my old username.

It was very frustrating!
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Fembleez1(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2021
Ebenezer2021:
that year wasn't funny. I lost my threads

Same here! It's good the same thing did not repeat itself.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Fembleez1(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2021
madridguy:
The tsunami damaged many things on this forum.

It did!
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by iampeterben(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us to figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Boss open your DM na.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Bunmhi(f): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2021
I even thought it was my phone network
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Jhayjhay6279(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good to be back
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Kryzboy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
I for kukuma switch to Victoria cakes with my Vaseline

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Terrible States Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (photos) / NEPA Bill In 1984 Vs 2017 (Photos) / Annoying Things Nigerians Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.