Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours (41995 Views)

Joke Sketch: If Nairaland Was A Real City... / Nairaland Was Down For About 15 Minutes / See Why Nairaland Is Trending On Twitter (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
I thought it was a network problem until I tried other sites and it was going.
Good to be back here.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by InvestorDean: 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kylekent59:
I thought the FG banned it. It is good to be back here.

Apology accepted.

No if FG ban am, they will tell us through Naira land platform grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by ruffDiamond: 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
Walahi,I visited naijaloadeed just to read news I was mad llke bell, I been think say na buhari language working o undecided Ogun kee him!
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by mydivinely: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
hmmmm i thought the calamity that befalls twitter has come to Nairaland.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Mavor: 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kylekent59:
I thought the FG banned it. It is good to be back here.

Apology accepted.
Seun please upgrade Nairaland visually. It's long overdue. At least implement "Dark Mode". This white brightness hurts the eyes at times.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Baba40(f): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
I think sey una don chop executive ban ni
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by kennosklint(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
I laugh Seun .
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Livesimple: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kriss216:
Omo, I tried using VPN to access Nairaland thinking maybe our darling President has treated Nairaland in a language it understand.

Hahahahahha
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
I thought seun ban me ahswer i was thinking of who did i misquote ashe na the platform not nairaland i was so annoyned while trying to connect
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Glorygrace(f): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
I tried to log in and got the error message. Thank God the site is back.Apology accepted.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Eyenetemma: 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
Thank God o i was already feeling bad quote author=Seun post=102603790]Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland was down for two hours due to a minor miscommunication with our host that was related to copyright infringement.

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

We know that keeping Nairaland working is especially important in this terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.[/quote]
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by timstone(m): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kriss216:
Omo, I tried using VPN to access Nairaland thinking maybe our darling President has treated Nairaland in a language it understand.

What happen when you try?
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Eyenetemma: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Thank God o i was already feeling bad
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Kriss216: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
timstone:

What happen when you try?
Same as without vpn
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by peacettw: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Funny enough, I am terribly worried that all nairaland data may be lost. Glad it is still intact. Please back up your data frequently. Cheers
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by eby001(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
All while you think it was down, a friend of mine access it from Canada cool
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by GOOOGLE504(m): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland was down for two hours due to a minor miscommunication with our host that was related to copyright infringement.

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

We know that keeping Nairaland working is especially important in this terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

My man. Nice of you to send an apology note. don't forget to upgrade the site with beautiful new features.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by GOOOGLE504(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
Xhuntra:
nobody cares about ur apology. shove it into ur ass

hmm someone that has the type of money that can convince you to eat his ass. show some respect

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by manlawal(m): 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
Loveknitting:

Seriously, the tribal war on Nairaland is too much, he really need to do something about it.
as you can see my post has been deleted

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Iglord4life: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
I tried everything possible from vpn to location application but non worked so I thought' Buhari don get us Las las'

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Jaybee8181(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
Honestly thot Buhari came for it... At this point nothing is impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Emma1Oj(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun, I beg o... Add voice note to Nairaland because somethings are too long to type at times.. so we go dey talk am as hey dey hot.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Tpharell: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
EMMY76:
Hmmm so even seun have also agreed that the nigerian political climate is terrifing? I thought everything is very rosy at ur end sir.
Not just the political climate but the socio-economic climate in Nigeria is terrifying.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by gassbee: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
data is life, nairaland is life

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Prosmobi: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
u guys should be careful...i can't afford to lose nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by seguno2: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kriss216:

grin cheesy

Baddest guy.
I also thought that the Ekiti 2014 losers were at it again. Thanks to Oga Seun and his crew for the reassurance.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by cloud(m): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Xenry:
2 hours? Lol.
If it was Twitter or Facebook that went offline for 2 hours ehh, a lot for don happen sad sad. I hope it won't happen again. 2 hours is just too crazy for a serious website to go offline without an official announcement.
but they have given official explanation, what more do you want ni? Compensation?
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by YouthAriseNga: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun what will it take you to create a dislike button? And most importantly a 'block this person' button? Where we don't get to see their comments again for life

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by GOOOGLE504(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
bukxy:

One reason why african won't develop,
always complacent with old glories,
do u know nairaland started a year after Fb was founded and Nairaland was founded before Twitter, compare and contrast these platforms to each other.

I'm a web developer and a UI/UX designer.

There is still a lot of features missing on Nairaland even if it's just a forum.
but what do i know.

maybe I'm gonna buy Nairaland oneday and furnish it to my taste.

come off it!!! Seun will never sell his baby
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

terrified
is that why you are banning us steady

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

NEPA Bill In 1984 Vs 2017 (Photos) / Terrible States Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (photos) / Annoying Things Nigerians Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.