Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours (41990 Views)

Joke Sketch: If Nairaland Was A Real City... / Nairaland Was Down For About 15 Minutes / See Why Nairaland Is Trending On Twitter (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by frankisi1: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Thank God you are back
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Thunday1005(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
I though buhari has banned nairaland
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by TeddyR: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
I thought as much. Thank God we are back. God bless us all
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Ikpeyi: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland was down for two hours due to a minor miscommunication with our host that was related to copyright infringement.

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

We know that keeping Nairaland working is especially important in this terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun thanks for providing this platform for us...you allowed us to say our minds without gaging us, knowing fully well the present nature of our political climate....
God bless you.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Vlain: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kriss216:
Omo, I tried using VPN to access Nairaland thinking maybe our darling President has treated Nairaland in a language it understand.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by ddjay: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland was down for two hours due to a minor miscommunication with our host that was related to copyright infringement.

It shouldn't have taken as long as 2 hours to restore Nairaland, but it took a while for us figure out exactly what to do because it hadn't happened before, and we also had to wait for our host's support team to restore us fully after taking the necessary steps.

We know that keeping Nairaland working is especially important in this terrifying political climate, and we take it very seriously. Nigerians need a platform that they can use to share their views freely with each other. We believe that Nairaland is that platform.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Am Considering buying nairaland from you,let's talk privately
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by OVikkytan49: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2021
superfelix:
I'm just logging in now

I didn't even notice the site was down
Same here.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by KingLennon(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kriss216:
Omo, I tried using VPN to access Nairaland thinking maybe our darling President has treated Nairaland in a language it understand.
Bros this comment make me burst laff! Our president na cruise walai....
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by AngelicBeing: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by credon: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
ddjay:

Am Considering buying nairaland from you,let's talk privately
Oga you get money o, but mind you, even if he agrees to sell, we won't agree, if he still goes ahead, we will all deactivate and leave u alone

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Ugandatales: 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
I was virtually in total darkness for that 2 hours

Nairaland is like my oxygen
I can't live without it

Hahahaha! Me too.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by bahdpersona(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun e no go spoil for you my brother
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by komodapson(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kriss216:

Hahahahaha...you be clown walai...make him no treat dem in such manner o

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by emorse(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Xenry:
2 hours? Lol.
If it was Twitter or Facebook that went offline for 2 hours ehh, a lot for don happen sad sad. I hope it won't happen again. 2 hours is just too crazy for a serious website to go offline without an official announcement.
Whatsapp went down for longer and heaven didn't fall. Nairaland is a giant in its own right.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by KingLennon(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
starbuck:
Seun, biko make una no play this kind rough play again ooo shocked shocked shocked

I have already blamed Buhari for it on my stories grin grin
Moral lesson: Not every calamity attached to Mr president is true....
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Juicethekid: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
luvethsam:
I swear, I was scared
Thank God it's back

Many useful information are on this platform
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Getdabag: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun you do well jare
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Ajah489(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Next time such thing happen again,i will treat you in a language you understand.i was really worried
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
i thought the federal government has ban it o
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by mechanics(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kylekent59:
I thought the FG banned it. It is good to be back here.

Apology accepted.
hahahahha
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by AfroKnight: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
Fembleez1:
I thought we were back to 2014!!! embarassed

grin
I thought so too. Entire pages/threads were lost. After the incident, I just lost interest and abandoned my old username.

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Styluss: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
this is the best time to turn Nigeria Twitter... build us a app... Abeg!!!
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Harbeytech: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2021
I was worried too I even thought the FG has suspended it
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by blazepascal(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun my man good to have you back.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by MrMacinterchi1: 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
I was virtually in total darkness for that 2 hours

Nairaland is like my oxygen
I can't live without it
lol
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Seun, give Nairaland a facelift. The site is long overdue for a page redesign. I have been visiting Nairaland over the past 10 years or more and the website still looks exactly as it looked ten years ago. Introduce new features and make the page to be HTML-5 compatible. Redesign some existing features on the page and also introduce more reaction/edit buttons (delete, edit, share, etc) to make Nairaland to be more engaging for users. The existing "Share" feature under posts does not even link to any outside program. You can change this. Please take these suggestions seriously but be assured we truly love Nairaland. Thank you.
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
And I was blaming my poor fone. Oga Seun why?
Anyways, you're welcome back. I will not ban u grin
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by seyoops4u: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
I think you should have your own server yourself.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Jefferic(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Since I join Nairaland this is my First seeing your post Mr Seun. I even the owner of this platform nah Ghost sef. Thank God you are living and alive.....
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by Obason22(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2021
I was even thinking maybe buhari have ban nairaland again.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Down For 2 Hours by tolufase: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
I thought FG has extended the ban to nairaland

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Terrible States Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (photos) / NEPA Bill In 1984 Vs 2017 (Photos) / Annoying Things Nigerians Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.