Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. (3585 Views)

Large Passenger Turnout At Air Peace Inaugural Flight To Dubai / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
Am planning to relocate to Dubai.

Am in talks with a Dubai based company to help me get a Freelannce permit from the Sharjah Media City Free Zone. The package is to come with a 3 Years UAE Resident Visa which I can use to move with my wife and 2 kids.

The package is to cost about AED 16,350.

Has anyone used this means or you have any advice to give?

Note: I don't intend to work for anyone as I do some freelance online jobs and I earn over $5k monthly. God willing I hope to continue to improve in what I do and earn more money.

I intend to relocate cos am not finding the security situation in Nigeria funny anymore. Am always having dreams about chaos and war in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
Like no one on Nairaland know about this or has used it?
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
Apply for a student visa, you would get up to 4 years stay, within that 4 years, you would have gotten your stay visa.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by CryptoRepublic1: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
Havanatandt:
Going on a student visa would involve the school providing you accommodation, job on arrival, you can chose to opt out once there and continue your job, this is one way slot of my friends have traveled over there.

Wow,students visa with wife and kids?��

@op.

Anyway,is that price for all of you or each?
Is that price for the 3yrs or do you have to pay same every year for renewal?

Anyhow,research well cause I've spoken to few people that said they can process it for with half of that price.

I'm hoping to do it soon.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:

Anyhow,research well cause I've spoken to few people that said they can process it for with half of that price.

I didn't read through the part where his wife and kid will be going with him though... The student visa is just to buy him time over there to fix things up before the 4 year time elasp.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2021
FABROTech:

Am in talks with a Dubai based company to help me get a Freelannce permit from the Sharjah Media City Free Zone. The package is to come with a 3 Years UAE Resident Visa which I can use to move with my wife and 2 kids.

Note: I don't intend to work for anyone as I do some freelance online jobs and I earn over $5k monthly. God willing I hope to continue to improve in what I do and earn more money.

I intend to relocate cos am not finding the security situation in Nigeria funny anymore. Am always having dreams about chaos and war in Nigeria.

Q: HOW DOES THIS UAE IMMIGRATION PATHWAY WORK?

A: You qualify for Study and Work Permit Alone or With Your Spouse If you have One

You secure admission into any UAE school of your choice studying course best fit for you and Study Visa approved

As a family, after issuance of study visa to primary applicant, Your Spouse qualify for Open work permit which allows him or her to work full time in any UAE province

When you land at the Port of Entry i.e Abu Dhabi, Dubai or any other Caliphate . You’ll then be given a study permit with your work Permit.

Work Permit makes you eligible to work for 20 hours outside campus during school session but work full time on campus during school session

During holidays, you can work for 40 hours or full time

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:

@op.

The price is for my Freelance permit and 3 yes Resident Visa.

With my resident visa I can apply and bring in my family. Note that I cannot employ any staff but can only bring in my family.

Freelance permit is renewed annually at AED 5,750 while resident visa is renewed after 3yrs.

There is no way your guys can do it for half that price. The agency am communicating with kind of works directly with the government agencies and the price they quote are almost the official government fees. You can also check the government website to see the official fees.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by BlackSan: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
FABROTech:

Hello
Good afternoon, I hope you don't mind my question since it piqued my curiosity.
About the online jobs, can you shade more information about it, please... I am really interested in online jobs
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
BlackSan:

Hello
Good afternoon, I hope you don't mind my question since it piqued my curiosity.
About the online jobs, can you shade more information about it, please... I am really interested in online jobs

Well I am a digital content creator. I make most of my cash from YouTube. Small percentage from blogging and very little from fiverr.

The YouTube thing is not a get rich quick thing, I have.been doing it for a while.

Many young Nigerians (who are NOT celebrities or comedians) are making serious money from YouTube currently and believe me anyone can do it.

It may look impossible at first and many quit without even getting to monetization. For them that persevere, once the cash starts flowing, it grows much faster.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by BlackSan: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
FABROTech:

Well I am a digital content creator. I make most of my cash from YouTube. Small percentage from blogging and very little from fiverr.

The YouTube thing is not a get rich quick thing, I have.been doing it for a while.

Many young Nigerians (who are NOT celebrities or comedians) are making serious money from YouTube currently and believe me anyone can do it.

It may look impossible at first and many quit without even getting to monetization. For them that persevere, once the cash starts flowing, it grows much faster.

Thank you for the info.
I actually have plans for YouTube but that might be in the future. On Fiverr, did you make any payment while registering?
And do you know more online site with job opportunities?
I am familiar with transcription, the payment seems fair but I want more.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nicoswit(m): 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
FABROTech:

Is your niches copywriting? I asked because that's what I'm learning presently.
What's your YouTube channel name plz?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by BlackSan: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nicoswit:

Online learning or where? I'm also learning.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by GeneralDae: 11:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nicoswit:

What are you using to learn copywriting? I mean what source?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nicoswit(m): 3:56am On Jun 14, 2021
BlackSan:

Online learning or where? I'm also learning.
youtube majorly
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nicoswit(m): 3:57am On Jun 14, 2021
GeneralDae:
What are you using to learn copywriting? I mean what source?
youtube mostly
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by BlackSan: 7:40am On Jun 14, 2021
Nicoswit:

youtube majorly

Oh... Same here.
But I have other sources too.
How long have you been learning?
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nicoswit(m): 9:24am On Jun 14, 2021
BlackSan:

Oh... Same here. But I have other sources too. How long have you been learning?
Less than a month. Which other source do you have?
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by BlackSan: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2021
Nicoswit:

Less than a month.
Which other source do you have?

Reading more from Expert Copywriters.
Is that the only one you are learning?
Are you familiar with Transcription jobs?
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Ibime2003: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2021
FABROTech:

What's your youtube channel name
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by CryptoRepublic1: 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
FABROTech:

The price is for my Freelance permit and 3 yes Resident Visa.

With my resident visa I can apply and bring in my family. Note that I cannot employ any staff but can only bring in my family.

Freelance permit is renewed annually at AED 5,750 while resident visa is renewed after 3yrs.

There is no way your guys can do it for half that price. The agency am communicating with kind of works directly with the government agencies and the price they quote are almost the official government fees. You can also check the government website to see the official fees.

So you paying 16350 first year and 5,750 every other year and 16350 again on the 3rd year,don't you think it's kind of expensive?

Anyway,becareful as Dubai is full of scammers, I was advised not to trust anyone especially from online,I'll probably be visiting after this summer.

GL
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Nicoswit(m): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
BlackSan:

Reading more from Expert Copywriters. Is that the only one you are learning? Are you familiar with Transcription jobs?
Nop
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
BlackSan:

Thank you for the info.
I actually have plans for YouTube but that might be in the future. On Fiverr, did you make any payment while registering?
And do you know more online site with job opportunities?
I am familiar with transcription, the payment seems fair but I want more.

Fiverr is free to register, the company takes commission from deals you make.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
Nicoswit:

No.

For some personal reasons I will like to keep my channel name to my self.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:

So you paying 16350 first year and 5,750 every other year and 16350 again on the 3rd year,don't you think it's kind of expensive?

Anyway,becareful as Dubai is full of scammers, I was advised not to trust anyone especially from online,I'll probably be visiting after this summer.

GL

Well it looks expensive but anything one can do to escape this country.

I prefer to live in Nigeria cos its even cheaper to live here.

You have not talked about cost of renting an apartment there which will definitely be more than I pay here.

I will definitely come back home if security situation in Nigeria gets better after my first 3 years. Else I continue to stay there or try to move to Canada.

For now this is the quickest place to think about.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by BlackSan: 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
FABROTech:

Fiverr is free to register, the company takes commission from deals you make.

Oh... Okay thanks.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by CryptoRepublic1: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
FABROTech:

You have not talked about cost of renting an apartment there which will definitely be more than I pay here.

I will definitely come back home if security situation in Nigeria gets better after my first 3 years. Else I continue to stay there or try to move to Canada.

Why don't you consider countries like Seychelles or south Cyprus?I'm still researching for a better country for me atm,Turkey is another place you should consider, I'm in Dublin atm,but tax is high over here that's why I'm in search for a better place ,yes it sucks to be in Nigeria.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by Ibime2003: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
FABROTech:

You are very correct, living in Nigeria is very cheap compared to living abroad when you earn usd in Nigeria.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by CryptoRepublic1: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ibime2003:

You are very correct, living in Nigeria is very cheap compared to living abroad when you earn usd in Nigeria.

Living in Nigeria is cheaper until you get sick,do you know life span of people living in Nigeria is shorter?not to talk of the insecurity these days and the chances of you losing it all in flash is higher there too.

Nigeria sucks I no go lie.
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by mekuso89(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
FABROTech:
Like no one on Nairaland know about this or has used it?
bro can you help me I need to know how to earn as a freelancer. Pls how do I start as my condition now is not funny at all
Re: Relocating To Dubai: Advice Needed. by FABROTech: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:

Why don't you consider countries like Seychelles or south Cyprus?I'm still researching for a better country for me atm,Turkey is another place you should consider, I'm in Dublin atm,but tax is high over here that's why I'm in search for a better place ,yes it sucks to be in Nigeria.

Dubai is tax free and the agency says all documents can be processed within 45 days. It's somewhere I know I can be ready to move to b4 Christmas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My America Journey... / H / Pls Help Me How Can I Join The Usa Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.