Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles (82697 Views)

Very Strange Nigerian Guy I Saw In Germany Who Japa Back To Naija / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by ceejayluv(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
EzeNdigboONE:
How is this an issue?

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM WAGE THERE ?

Some that earns 10,000 dollars in a month there, which is approximately 7m is the same class as someone who earn 300k here.

Nigerian is blessed with cursed leaders.
No, with the current cost of things and exchange rate, they're not in the same class in anyway. e.g someone earning 10k USD there can get a brand new car in six months. 300k naira monthly can only get a borderline scrap in six months.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Zanzibar1: 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good business idea but importation will take a reasonable share
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Mamijoh(f): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok orijin bitters is 700 naira my younger brother bought it last two weeks when we went to village to burial an uncle but I think u should make inquiries on the viable option of the products...ask the sellers how the business is doing first but on a serious note, na aloma bitters u want to dey sale in America? As in your business? And u want to become great in life ? Well na u sabi. For me I will rather drive keke in Nigeria than to be selling agbo abroad, why not contact the big BAT so that he can help you start agbado and cassava business in America, it should be more profitable then aloma bitters..afterall he is bobo chicago
This your comment really make me laugh grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Franking: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nothing new here. U for show us fufu, garri, egusi and the lot.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by AlwaysPositive: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
Okobola146:
alomo no dey work for my body o

Take enough..
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by xandy84: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
Very few people earn $10k monthly in America. I mean less than 10 per cent of the population and those who earn such has heavy student loans to repay.

EzeNdigboONE:
How is this an issue?

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM WAGE THERE ?

Some that earns 10,000 dollars in a month there, which is approximately 7m is the same class as someone who earn 300k here.

Nigerian is blessed with cursed leaders.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Burgerlomo: 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
What else do you expect? Nah LA nau, they're not that expensive at Joe's Market or any African stores in other States.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Lezzlie(m): 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
You don't have family members, friends or relatives back home to ask?

Clout chasing in another guise
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Tayorshd2(m): 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
So are we in nigeria enjoying somehow or what
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by mamagee3(f): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
There are African stores in Los Angeles and the rest of the U.S.

Are you new to the western world? undecided
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by wonderr(m): 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2022
meobizy:
If you want them for cheap, come back home and buy them. With shipping and packaging, the shop has the right to sell them at whatever amount they deem.
haba cut him some slack na
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by planetx: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2022
xandy84:
Very few people earn $10k monthly in America. I mean less than 10 per cent of the population and those who earn such has heavy student loans to repay.

That is $120,000 per annum, people just stay in Nigeria and will be throwing figures around without having any clue how an average American does not earn six figures.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by xandy84: 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
I really do not understand how people in Naija comes up with those figures.. $120k per annum not for average Americans. Guess some people think money grows on trees in America. lol

planetx:
That is $120,000 per annum, people just stay in Nigeria and will be throwing figures around without having any clue how an average American does not earn six figures.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Most of these people actually paid FDA, Freight and buys the products from here. So you don't expect them to sell cheaply...
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by CDCEO001: 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
Is normal there. When i was in south korea, naija food stuff were more than 10 times the price of it in here. You will see a small sachet of dried leaf or egusi fo 10,000krw or 10usd then. And sometimes you have to buy like 5 sachets to cook.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by ultim: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
KallmemrB0:
Na to enter Bush cut grass mix joor

That's African (Nigerian) shop na. Malta Guinness, Heineken etc could also be there. And they are quite expensive.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by creolehunt: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok orijin bitters is 700 naira my younger brother bought it last two weeks when we went to village to burial an uncle but I think u should make inquiries on the viable option of the products...ask the sellers how the business is doing first but on a serious note, na aloma bitters u want to dey sale in America? As in your business? And u want to become great in life ? Well na u sabi. For me I will rather drive keke in Nigeria than to be selling agbo abroad, why not contact the big BAT so that he can help you start agbado and cassava business in America, it should be more profitable then aloma bitters..afterall he is bobo chicago

WTF?!
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by BalticGold: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
We can do business. I do mini exportation. WhatsApp no 08169082789.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Originalsly: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
Visman:

why are u surprised op,its definately a Nigerian shop for African consumers.

I don't know why he must lie to say it's a Mexican shop. .... reason he can't post pix of the shop ... nor its name.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by IbileIfe: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
pyyxxaro:
One Igbo man don open store there
Peter Obi has extended his business to LA
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by shegun4sur: 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kingpele:

I don't want to curse you cos it seems you gave your opinion out of ignorance.
What are Unilevers, Cadbury, p&Gs etc of this world selling? Is it not hundred hundred naira things??
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by georgeakins: 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
pyyxxaro:

Illiterate!

He said a shop ran by a Mexican.

The main thing Ibos do there is drug pushing
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
pyyxxaro:

There are lots of African stores run by other Africans that are not Nigerians here in Maryland selling all those listed items and their prices are exactly the same.
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Biggers82(m): 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
Chaiiiii so $25 x#710 is =#17,750 just to buy ordinary Origin Biggers na wa oooooo this Nigeria is a big mess oooo we are finished before the time
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
BalticGold:
We can do business. I do mini exportation. WhatsApp no 08169082789.
Ok
To what cities, if I may ask?
Re: What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles by Ppp1p: 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria / Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Yemi Osinbajo Chopper Crash-Landed In Kogi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.