Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions (33250 Views)

Lilian Salami Seeks EFCC Collaboration To Fight Corruption, Yahoo Boys / Acceptance Fee: The Protruding Menace In Our Institutions / Universities Sex Abuse: Aisha Buhari Wants Muslims, Christians To Fight Menace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Vinnie2000(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Goalnaldo:
I'm afraid that even having sufficient jobs in the country won't tackle this issue cry I have seen and heard a lot of them say unless the job pay them 400k per month, they won't work.

My bro!!
Leave doz G-Boys n dier Sympathizers here!!
Greed or Desire for Vanity Lifestyle is dier Problem!!

Young Nigerians see Davido, Wizkid, Drake,Cardi B, Migos, E-Money, Tiwa Savage, Nicki Minaj,etc on TV n wish to be Dem!!

But Real Wealth is not made in 6 or even 12 months!!

Many now become Yahoo boys/Run girls to make Quick wealth n give you flimsy excuse abt d govt.. sad

Guess wat, even all dier Boastings, Many FAIL in d Wealth pursuit n secretly beg or cheat dier friends, parents, siblings to still survive.. undecided undecided

So Who's deceiving who??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Real niggas don't engage themselves in cyber crimes like, yahoo yahoo! Real guyz hustle ligitmatly to earn a good living!

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ayiibobo(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Stop being jealous naw.

When did students becoming rich from vices become a problem of a lecturer who is supposed to focus on how to sell handouts? grin
u no well grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Fiscus105(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2021
Nozino:

I don’t have to. As a lecturer, you should be more concerned with stopping sex for grades, exam malpractice, sex for marks(practicals), money for marks, blocking and the very unprofessional behavior of Lecturers. Both you, EFCC and the federal government are only concerned about yahoo boys who most times are victims of circumstances. Stop normalizing disgusting behavior!! Lecturers who have sex with students or engage in blocking should be hanged. FYI, I’m not in support of fraud.

See what a wise man once said,

NB .you are completely off from point of view, I admonish you to go back from comment to comment to understand argument , stop being playing role of attacking dog, barking as if na only you holy pass.
.bye and disappear

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by patosky22(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2021
Buhari government encourage it... This is just the beginning
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2021
Kimjongun:
That's the number one effect of illicit money, anywhere it enters it destroys that's why serious countries frown at money laundering.

Illicit money is very very bad for the society.

Look at the standard of music released in our music industry before Yahoo boys start going into music.

Look at the social moral degeneration in our society. Look at the way Yahoo culture overflow our societal values.

Look at our women, the mothers of our next generation, if this menace is not curbed ASAP Nigeria is doomed! We are going to breed generations of lazy dependants and thieves(this is already happening there places you can't live in peace without youths (that can work) coming to ask you for handouts).

Look at the way our work culture has been bastardised, young people no longer want to work or reason too hard.

If you complain people will say you are jealous, not knowing those things have very serious integral effect on their lives

The work aspect of it is too bad.
I recently employed an Arewa man to work for me, cus no southern youths want to work again except doing yahoo

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Fiscus105(m): 11:24am On Jun 12, 2021
Nozino:

I don’t have to. As a lecturer, you should be more concerned with stopping sex for grades, exam malpractice, sex for marks(practicals), money for marks, blocking and the very unprofessional behavior of Lecturers. Both you, EFCC and the federal government are only concerned about yahoo boys who most times are victims of circumstances. Stop normalizing disgusting behavior!! Lecturers who have sex with students or engage in blocking should be hanged. FYI, I’m not in support of fraud.

See what a wise man once said,

I write for clarity, before you argue with person ask ur self, can the person see the argument from different perspective, if not, no point in arguing with him.

NB .you are completely off from point of view, I admonish you to go back from comment to comment to understand argument , stop being playing role of attacking dog, barking as if na only you holy pass.
.bye and disappear

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2021
Osanoghodua1:
I read comments here and I am weak. This means that this generation is doom. You really don't need to engage in fraud to be rich. I made over #30m from Crypto this year alone by investing in new projects, my portfolio was built from 0 Kobo via perticipation in Airdrop/bounty. Money gotten was used in buying low cap coins, had over 1600 cake, 4500 bake, 38k JulD, 1.8M UBIX, Uni, Chainlink, 1nch, and 15bnb, 15Eth and many more.

You see, God will judge every evil, yahoo people always have a bitter end it may take some time but judgement will be melted on them.

Eccl.8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not speedily executed, therefore the heart of men is set to act wickedly.
For real shocked

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ugosample(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2021
From the responses to this thread, it is safe to say that indeed, this Sheethole is ruined.
Imagine the mentality on display here

4 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ugosample(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2021
Kimjongun:
That's the number one effect of illicit money, anywhere it enters it destroys that's why serious countries frown at money laundering.

Illicit money is very very bad for the society.

Look at the standard of music released in our music industry before Yahoo boys start going into music.

Look at the social moral degeneration in our society. Look at the way Yahoo culture overflow our societal values.

Look at our women, the mothers of our next generation, if this menace is not curbed ASAP Nigeria is doomed! We are going to breed generations of lazy dependants and thieves(this is already happening there places you can't live in peace without youths (that can work) coming to ask you for handouts).

Look at the way our work culture has been bastardised, young people no longer want to work or reason too hard.

If you complain people will say you are jealous, not knowing those things have very serious integral effect on their lives
No lies in what you said
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2021
livinbygrace:

For this country nothing is legit anymore.Civil servants,bankers,business men,traders,everybody is trying to outsmart each other .
Even if you are loaded with cash ,I mean millions ,do you know it’s not easy to start any reasonable business in this useless country again?By the time government frustrate you with their request no one will tell you to back out.
Do you know ,even if you have millions of naira,you can’t be allow to do business directly (distributor)with Dangote cement or any cements companies?
Go to local government and try to get any documents,they will frustrate you.Dont even mention health care sector .
So enough of your legit hursle nonsense ,except you never touch better money before.

True talk on frustration of business setup, I dey try to get license for patient medicine them tell me to come next year
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ugosample(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2021
Angelfrost:

Talking about the main issue??! What exactly do you expect the actual culprits (Yahoo Boys) to contribute other than insults to the poster??!...

You have no idea how rotten this society has become!
Parental failure aplenty in Nigeria
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ugosample(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2021
opebiboy:
Lol. Funny you. Yahoo boys are building hotels everywhere and investing massively you are here talking about karma. Karma don't exist. Death is the end of all men. All men will die so face your lane and stop the jealousy
You have no idea what you talking about
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ugosample(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2021
ladgentle:
I'm not surprised on the direction of the majority of response grin
Me too
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nelson21(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.

The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include

- examination malpractices
- absenteeism from classes, practicals and even examinations
- indecent dressing and make ups by male students
- fighting dangerously among yahoo boys gangs
- assault on other students
- assault on lecturers and other workers
- asking female lecturers out (sometimes including married women)
- over speeding on campuses (roads in most campuses are very narrow)
- upsurge in the intake of alcohols, hard substances including weeds
- lack of respect for anyone including institution's management members.

There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing.

These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places.

My question is where is this country heading?
Is there any solution to this menace?
For I know for sure is that there is always a repercussion for these.
Do we really have a future in these?

Nice write up. The answer to the question at the end of your write up is No. There is NO future and you know that is the truth.

What you are witnessing are the effects of a society whose morals are gradually going extinct and please this DID NOT start with Yahoo Boys.

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:49am On Jun 12, 2021
If you have ever been scammed, you might not necessarily report the case to Police as they are usually of no Help. Go to the Almighty God, on your knees, and report the case to God! He is the All SUPREME!!!

Any Yahoo boy that God handles is finished!!!! And no, it won’t even take months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2021
Ugosample:

You have no idea what you talking about
What do you expect from criminals? The devil likes to deceive them with such mentalities.

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Novice1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
From the responses here, it appears there is a sizeable population of yahoo boys on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by sweetrace(f): 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Sweet girl,

Swear you do not like their dollars grin

Leave those boys oh. If they are not doing yahoo yahoo, they could become unknown gun men, bandits, kidnappers, Boko haram, soldiers or police.

But they send people to their graves. Imagine if you check your bank account and all your savings have disappeared? They are criminals and should be dealt with as such.

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
sweetrace:

But they send people to their graves. Imagine if you check your bank account and all your savings have disappeared? They are criminals and should be dealt with as such.

As far as it is not my money, nothing concerns me. cool grin
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by horllar074382(m): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2021
[But you are not ready to report your corrupt leaders.. I shake my head for you�� quote author=wpadmin post=102637455]Nigerians support evil but when the evil affects them directly, they cry foul.

Both the leaders and the citizens lack foresight. The government is not ready to fight poverty and youths don’t understand the Negative impact of doing fraud.

If EFCC is ready, they should drop a website to report fraudsters. A lot of people are ready to report for free.

[/quote]
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Gentlerespect76: 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
I am really disappointed by this childish outburst. That's what to call this your write up. With this your writing style turning out technical writings like journal articles and reviews for promotion purposes will certainly be a herculean task for you.

That said, stop being envious of students! Your writeup smells of that. You belittle yourself and colleagues like us can only hide our faces in shame. Think of all the others ways you are erring as a human and be humbled as you engage in some reflections. This society has failed everyone of its members apart from the ruling class. As we remain here, let us pray for a crop of leaders who can provide a clear path that illumines patriotism, selflessness, hard work, honesty and service. Until that happens, anyone crying about crimes in Nigeria is being wise by half!

kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.

The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include

There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing.

These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by smasher1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:

The responses on this thread is shameful. God Almighty would judge each one according to his deeds. Just continue to do good and you would reap if you don't tire out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nonsense people, same set of useless youths always protesting against bad government, no go find better work thieves!!

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by wpadmin: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
horllar074382:
But you are not ready to report your corrupt leaders.. I shake my head for you

The bad leaders did not elect themselves there.

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Olumba2020: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
Oga lecturer u 2 double ur hussle increase handout fee afterall everytin done cost for naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Tripletestimony: 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Let him that has ears ear
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Mayeldah(m): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
It would have been better if it's only internet fraud they do. Now it has graduated to yahoo plus (Money Rituals).

There are consequencies for engaging in rituals...you know

Legit hustle may not pay fast but it surely comes with peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Hahjascho(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:

There's really no future if care is not taken. Most problems also stem from poor family upbringing and lack of good parental care with clueless negligence.

Don't be surprised with the harsh comments.....na them smiley

4 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by mrwonlasewonie: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kingstanding:
. Lecturers should stop collecting bribe from students and also stop sex for mark from female students. I don't like yahoo guys and I will never like or support whoever is involved but there is no difference between yahoo guys and lecturers. 90% Nigeria's lecturers do collect bribe and by doing so you are equal to Yahoo guys.
exactly my point
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Updateverything: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Chaii!! Not campaigning for vices but bro... lecturers are way too dirty to preach! Damn!!
[quote author=kennybabs1980 post=102633866]I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees / Sex For Grades: Prof. Okwechime Emmanuel Of UNIBEN Defends Lecturers / Kano Student Sets Himself On Fire Over Inability To Pay NECO Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.