Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education (3004 Views)

Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? / OAU Is Not Joining ASUU Strike / Help! Oau Students!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education by Gospeline: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2021

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education by illicit(m): 8:52am On Jun 12, 2021
Sorry, it happens

1 Like

Re: Education by dollynnn(f): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2021
Nigeria educational system is in shambles
Re: Education by Nukilia: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2021
Move to ABU and stop complaining
Re: Education by SkengRay: 11:04am On Jun 12, 2021
So Sorry bro. This country is just not fair
Re: Education by SkengRay: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2021
Nukilia:
Move to ABU and stop complaining
I pray you'd experience the pain he's going through right now fool

6 Likes

Re: Education by Jabarzee(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2021
Take them to court , what nonsense. They intentionally deducted your mark
Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Instead of doing microbiology write another jamb and go for computer science. Medicine isn't lucrative in Nigeria and you need money to japa.

3 Likes

Re: Education by The5DME(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Instead of doing microbiology write another jamb and go for computer science. Medicine isn't lucrative in Nigeria and you need money to japa.
he belongs to the medicine or nothing gang.

1 Like

Re: Education by psilord: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Gospeline:
Good morning Nairaland. I'm writing this with pain in my heart. I was a predegree student of OAU 2019/2020 set, I'm aspiring for medicine and I had 310 in JAMB, 88.1/100 in Predegree and 7.6/10 in O'level. According to OAU admission guidelines, Jamb is 50%, Predegree is 40% and O'level is 10%. After calculating my marks- 310/400×50= 38.75(Jamb), predegree- 88.1/100×40=35.24 and O'level is 4B3's and 1C4 in my compulsory subjects which makes it 7.6/10,addition of everything is 81.79/100. OAU cut-off mark for medicine is 80.3, I was happy when the cut off mark was out because I thought I was on merit. When the list was uploaded on JAMB portal, I was still not admitted. After two days, I couldn't tolerate I went to predegree school and I later got to know that marks were deducted from my marks, only to be reduced to 79.5/100. I was traumatized, I did everything i could yet they didn't do anything claiming it was from the Deans of school that nothing could be done. I've been deprived my right, I did everything I could do but only to be transferred to Microbiology yesterday, I feel cheated because I paid for the program, met the merit mark and deserved my dream course. I didn't pay for Microbiology, I was even given same course 2019 with 266/400 in Unilorin not to talk of 310 in JAMB. OAU is not as transparent as people think and Predegree is no longer free and fair. I don't know what to do to make these people give me my admission or I don't know if the school is being tribalistic. Please@admin, I would really appreciate if my post is moved to front page

Try again next year.
This time target 370 in JAMB and 100 in post utme.

BEST OF LUCK!
Re: Education by Honduras01: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
psilord:

Try again next year.

BEST OF LUCK!
use ur brain b4 u comment

The dude met the cut off mark.

9 Likes

Re: Education by efembaba(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
sue them already.. post ur complaint on all popular social media platforms but be polite and provide evidence.. Consult with people with weight in d school.. What nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Education by Uyi168: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
Not everyone that crossed the cut off mark will get admitted in the first place..

Naso life reach.
Re: Education by hakeem4(m): 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2021
Sorry bro! Just accept the microbiology and change course after entering
Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
psilord:

[s]Try again next year.

BEST OF LUCK![/s]
Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
Just go on Twitter and create a thread about this tagging @JAMBHQ and some popular sensible influencers (e.g. Dr. Olufunmilayo, Aproko Doctor etc.)

What sort of rubbish is that, this is cheating of the highest order. We know something like this has been a Nigerian factor but we don't have to condone such at all times.

JAMB registrar spoke about this in the last JAMB policy meeting, talking about admission racketeering, if you can reach out to jamb either by mails or visiting their headquarters, ur stolen admission slot will probably be restored.

JAMB sanctioned UNIABUJA for admission racketeering this year.

Best of luck OP!

1 Like

Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
efembaba:
sue them already.. post ur complaint on all popular social media platforms but be polite and provide evidence.. Consult with people with weight in d school.. What nonsense
They will just tell him another same old story, consulting with such people can even dwindle his chances, it will probably change nothing.

It might even be one of them that got OP's MBBS admission slot
Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
Uyi168:
Not everyone that crossed the cut off mark will get admitted in the first place..

Naso life reach.
But why was his mark deducted.

Some traces have to be cleaned to perform a clean job you know.
Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
hakeem4:
Sorry bro! Just accept the microbiology and change course after entering
Naso dem tell over 60% of MCB & BCH graduates we have today and they will keep on telling the new intakes whose course was changed grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Don't derail the OP, someone that went for pre-degree knows what he's doing and his result proved that he's fit and qualified for what he desired

3 Likes

Re: Education by iamyemiakins(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Where's Lalasticlala sef!
Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Don't derail OP, someone that went for pre-degree knows what he's doing and his result proved that he's fit and qualified for what he desired
True he's very fit for medicine but he wasn't given cause of corruption. What if the same thing happens next year and a year after next will his life be on hiatus. That's 2 years gone. if he gets In for computer science he would be hallway through his undergraduate program. Medicine isn't worth it again in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Education by Kosk: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Gospeline:
Good morning Nairaland. I'm writing this with pain in my heart. I was a predegree student of OAU 2019/2020 set, I'm aspiring for medicine and I had 310 in JAMB, 88.1/100 in Predegree and 7.6/10 in O'level. According to OAU admission guidelines, Jamb is 50%, Predegree is 40% and O'level is 10%. After calculating my marks- 310/400×50= 38.75(Jamb), predegree- 88.1/100×40=35.24 and O'level is 4B3's and 1C4 in my compulsory subjects which makes it 7.6/10,addition of everything is 81.79/100. OAU cut-off mark for medicine is 80.3, I was happy when the cut off mark was out because I thought I was on merit. When the list was uploaded on JAMB portal, I was still not admitted. After two days, I couldn't tolerate I went to predegree school and I later got to know that marks were deducted from my marks, only to be reduced to 79.5/100. I was traumatized, I did everything i could yet they didn't do anything claiming it was from the Deans of school that nothing could be done. I've been deprived my right, I did everything I could do but only to be transferred to Microbiology yesterday, I feel cheated because I paid for the program, met the merit mark and deserved my dream course. I didn't pay for Microbiology, I was even given same course 2019 with 266/400 in Unilorin not to talk of 310 in JAMB. OAU is not as transparent as people think and Predegree is no longer free and fair. I don't know what to do to make these people give me my admission or I don't know if the school is being tribalistic. Please@admin, I would really appreciate if my post is moved to front page

With this mindset, I'm sorry. People that are willing to help you won't.
There are many easterners and northerners in college of medical sciences OAU

1 Like

Re: Education by Uyi168: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
iamyemiakins:

But why was his mark deducted.

Some traces have to be cleaned to perform a clean job you know.
Maybe he couldn't calculate it very well...
Re: Education by bukiah: 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
Some higher institutions are dream killers. I pray you find help that you need, on time.
Re: Education by Nukilia: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
SkengRay:
I pray you'd experience the pain he's going through right now fool
I gave the guy a good advice but you cone online to abuse me... undecided I leave you for your conscience!
Re: Education by DrTee1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Dear OP,

You may not have gone about this in the best possible way. I understand that you may be hurt - and also young.

However, a number of years ago, a similar situation played out on this website. This is the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/3532584/girl-laments-over-inability-secure

At that time, the Provost of the OAU College of Medicine was Professor Adesegun Fatusi. He is now the Vice Chancellor of the Ondo State University of Medical Sciences, Ondo.

In that instance, the Professor himself created a Nairaland account to address the situation and provide the world with important clarification. It turned out that the said candidate had certain misconceptions. Here is the link to same:

https://www.nairaland.com/3532584/girl-laments-over-inability-secure/4#52165447

And

https://www.nairaland.com/3533651/provost-health-sciences-oau-gives

I'll advise the OP to maximally explore the best opportunities to receive official information from the University, as against the assertion - which may be wrong - that the candidate's marks were deducted.

Best regards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Education by Cerebellum: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
Sorry OP

I'm really moved, Welcome to Nigeria, the Eleribuu country

1 Like

Re: Education by toby345(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2021
Gospeline:
bro na my set you dey sha grin grin also did pd in 2020
Re: Education by AntichristXXX: 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
They don carry OP handicap.
Re: Education by dejt4u(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
Gospeline:
Lalasticlala
Re: Education by Karleb(m): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Take this advice.

From the scores you are posting, it shows you are a brilliant individual. Channel that brilliance into computer science and I can bet that in 6 years time, you will make more money than you can ever imagine.

Isn't money the reason you want medicine? Dem don dey owe medical doctors salary o.

It pains me when I see people waste beautiful marks and their formative years chasing medicine only to not get it.

I know a girl who studied CSC and now works with Microsoft within 6 years of her career, she has a YouTube channel, this one no be super story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transcript From Uyo / World Scholars Alumni Foundation Scholarship 2010. I Sense Scam. / 2014/2015 Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.