Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education (3034 Views)

Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? / OAU Is Not Joining ASUU Strike / Help! Oau Students!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
Karleb:

Take this advice.

From the scores you are posting, it shows you are a brilliant individual. Channel that brilliance into computer science and I can bet that in 6 years time, you will make more money than you can ever imagine.

Isn't money the reason you want medicine? Dem don dey owe medical doctors salary o.

It pains me when I see people waste beautiful marks and their formative years chasing medicine only to not get it.

I know a girl who studied CSC and now works with Microsoft within 6 years of her career, she has a YouTube channel, this one no be super story.
Adoara. She also had a first class from unilag. Computer science is the only thing I can advise anyone to study now and it's not even a competitive course. I can't allow anyone I love to even do engineering. Engineering and medicine don cast.
Re: Education by highcurrent: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Instead of doing microbiology write another jamb and go for computer science. Medicine isn't lucrative in Nigeria and you need money to japa.
you and this computer science. Besides what are the paths to being a hacker?

1 Like

Re: Education by Karleb(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Adoara. She also had a first class from unilag. Computer science is the only thing I can advise anyone to study now and it's not even a competitive course. I can't allow anyone I love to even do engineering. Engineering and medicine don cast.

Bro, it bursts my head when she said she served in 2018. I served in 19/20 and I got admission in 2015.

I know it's unfair to compare myself to her but if she can be at Microsoft then I should be in one of the best software development companies in Lagos.

Let's see the experience I can garner in the second half of the year.
Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
Karleb:

Bro, it bursts my head when she said she served in 2018. I served in 19/20 and I got admission in 2015.

I know it's unfair to compare myself to her but if she can be at Google then I should be in one of the best software development companies in Lagos.

Let's see the experience I can garner in the second half of the year.
Bros I haven't even served I don't plan to but I studied marine engineering graduated 2017. No meaningful job. The only job I got with serious search wanted me to work for 5 years before I start to receive salary. I left it and learnt mechanic but even as a mechanic even to see 100k a month na die.

Coding that I used how many months to learn has paid me more than my degree and every other skill I picked up after school. I can't even imagine if I had started learning coding in school or immediately I graduated. I would be a senior out of this country now.

1 Like

Re: Education by Excel70: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros I haven't even served I don't plan to but I studied marine engineering graduated 2017. No meaningful job. The only job I got with serious search wanted me to work for 5 years before I start to receive salary. I left it and learnt mechanic but even as a mechanic even to see 100k a month na die.

Coding that I used how many months to learn has paid me more than my degree and every other skill I picked up after school. I can't even imagine if I had started learning coding in school or immediately I graduated. I would be a senior out of this country now.
You should try to serve. It is very important the nysc cert you can never tell when you will need it
Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
Excel70:

You should try to serve. It is very important the nysc cert you can never tell when you will need it
I no go ever need am tongue.
Re: Education by Karleb(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
Excel70:

Service na wash!
Re: Education by OmodavidoX(m): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Please bro, I want to start learning coding too. Majorly web development.

Please where will you advice me to start from
Re: Education by Excel70: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I hope you know about kemi Adeosun, former finance minister. Read up on what happened to herl
Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Excel70:

I hope you know about kemi Adeosun, former finance minister. Read up on what happened to herl
That's her o. Me I don't care about Nigeria once I leave Africa I will never come back and I will lay a curse on any of my generations that decide to come here. They will die immediately they land here.

5 Likes

Re: Education by Karleb(m): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

That's her o. Me I don't care about Nigeria once I leave Africa I will never come back and I will lay a curse on any of my generations that decide to come here. They will die immediately they land here.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Education by edoairways: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kosk:

With this mindset, I'm sorry. People that are willing to help you won't.
There are many easterners and northerners in college of medical sciences OAU
He said if, a conditional statement. He doesn't imply that they are tribalistic
Re: Education by edoairways: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Excel70:

You can serve anytime hence it is unnecessary
Re: Education by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
did you ask why your mark was deducted?
Re: Education by Judybash93(m): 12:50am On Jun 13, 2021
If you have the means, leave the country.. This country doesn't deserve you. You sound like a very determined person.
Re: Education by lordally(m): 2:37am On Jun 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Baba dey Para
Re: Education by chinonyinye: 5:54am On Jun 13, 2021
Hàáà. That's very bad oo. Please take them to Twitter o.
Re: Education by Codepain: 7:35am On Jun 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Instead of doing microbiology write another jamb and go for computer science. Medicine isn't lucrative in Nigeria and you need money to japa.
I'm a software developer. I'm writing this year jamb to study medicine.
Not everything is about money
Op, I finished from OAU. if your calculation was done right and your allegation of fraud is genuine. Write a letter to jamb, and go to ife and lodge a complaint it might be a technical issue.
I know ife is not what it used to be but I don't think they have sunk that low
Re: Education by Gerrard59(m): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

God of Moses! grin
Re: Education by Albertone(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

E never reach that na.

Some people aren't destined to make it abroad.Some are making it big here such that if they leave,they can never make it as big as that abroad.

As for me,I will never mention Nigeria to my kid's ear.If they find out and want to come to Nigeria then,safe journey to them.
Re: Education by Albertone(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Codepain:

I'm a software developer. I'm writing this year jamb to study medicine.
Not everything is about money
Op, I finished from OAU. if your calculation was done right and your allegation of fraud is genuine. Write a letter to jamb, and go to ife and lodge a complaint it might be a technical issue.
I know ife is not what it used to be but I don't think they have sunk that low

You shouldn't confuse your destiny.If you are a software developer with a first degree already,why go for medicine.

Or you think you can combine being a doctor with being a software developer?
Re: Education by Albertone(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
edoairways:

You can serve anytime hence it is unnecessary

Once you reach 30,you can never serve again.

You will have to explain what you were doing since you graduated till you reach 30 years old that prevented you from serving.Which there can be no tenable excuse for except someone that was bedridden.
Re: Education by edoairways: 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Albertone:

Once you reach 30,you can never serve again.

You will have to explain what you were doing since you graduated till you reach 30 years old that prevented you from serving.Which there can be no tenable excuse for except someone that was bedridden.
That is why I said it is not necessary because it has no benefit. Firms discriminate against age and class of degree. The only reason why I would advice any to serve is because of political position. Aside this, that scheme is useless.
Re: Education by Albertone(m): 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
edoairways:

That is why I said it is not necessary because it has no benefit. Firms discriminate against age and class of degree. The only reason why I would advice any to serve is because of political position. Aside this, that scheme is useless.

It is necessary but not compulsory.
Re: Education by edoairways: 9:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Albertone:

It is necessary but not compulsory.
It isn't. That scheme is useless
Re: Education by Albertone(m): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
edoairways:

It isn't. That scheme is useless

What if you want to seek employment or go for a political post?
Re: Education by ShadowCracker(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Karleb:
I know a girl who studied CSC and now works with Microsoft within 6 years of her career, she has a YouTube channel, this one no be super story.
Bro what is her name, and that of the Youtube channel.
Re: Education by Karleb(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Bro what is her name, and that of the Youtube channel.

AdoraHack.
Re: Education by edoairways: 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Albertone:

What if you want to seek employment or go for a political post?
What if I don't get job based on age rather I stick to business which is more profitable. What if I don't consider elective position now or in the near future. Politics is a dirty game to start with
Re: Education by Albertone(m): 6:33am On Jun 17, 2021
edoairways:

What if I don't get job based on age rather I stick to business which is more profitable. What if I don't consider elective position now or in the near future. Politics is a dirty game to start with
Then you won't be needing NYSC.

But then,nobody knows tommorow.
Despite the number of unemployed graduates,people still graduate everyday.
People chant "School na scam" but it doesn't stop them from studying.
Business is not for everyone.It might be in your line of business that you will get connected to take up a full employment.

It's your choice bro.
Re: Education by Saverin: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You know not serving will limit your ability to get jobs in Nigeria.
Re: Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2021
Saverin:

You know not serving will limit your ability to get jobs in Nigeria.
What's my business with jobs in Nigeria and that's so not true. It took me 2 weeks when I was ready to get my first job in Nigeria but I didn't last there. My goal was remote from day one. I presently work for a company abroad. Nothing concern nysc with tech.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Laspotech Post Utme 2015 Registration (what You Need To Know) / Is This School Approved Western Aviation And Marine Business Academy / JAMB: Nmesoma’s Shuts Down JAMB With Yet Another Result: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.