Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

How Do I Relocate To The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Relocate To The Uk (11350 Views)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Relocate To The Uk by oada: 2:33pm On May 04, 2011
hi all,

I would like to relocate to the UK with my family, anyone with ideas on how to go about this?
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by justwise(m): 4:24pm On May 04, 2011
oada:

hi all,

I would like to relocate to the UK with my family, anyone with ideas on how to go about this?

Do you have job offer in the UK?
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by oada: 4:41pm On May 04, 2011
no i dont, i just want to know what it entails to relocate if possible now that the HSMP has been banned.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by justwise(m): 4:48pm On May 04, 2011
oada:

no i dont, i just want to know what it entails to relocate if possible now that the HSMP has been banned.

Its even much harder now, is either u have job offer and get sponsored by the company or u have millions of naira to invest in the UK and then secure business visa in the UK. OR u apply for degree or masters degree course and ur family joins in the UK
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by fireline: 8:59am On May 05, 2011
You can not expect to re-locate to any country you choose just because you think it sounds good.
To gain entry to any rich developed country you must first PROOVE that you will NOT be a burden to the state.
[i]You say I want to go to UK with child & husband.[/i]
No job, no money
You are asking UK taxpayers
Give me job
Give me hand out money
Give me free health care
Give me free education
Give me house
You will never emigrate to even poor country as begger.
You must have good education qualifications which are of benefit to country like Doctor or Engineer.
Or you must be rich person.
No place for beggars or skilled car washers in Uk these days.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by Nobody: 11:10am On May 05, 2011
God bless america.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by oada: 11:50am On May 05, 2011
@fireline, you seem to know so much. ok, what of those that are not  beggars and are well educated and professionals in their fields,tell me how is relocation possible?

@justwise, thanks so much for your information.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by fireline: 1:58pm On May 05, 2011
The answers are all on UK immigration sites if you search.
To make it simple for you.
If you were a Highly qualified person with skills that would benefit a UK company or Health authority.
You could be a medical doctor with work experience or a profesionally qualified engineer with good degree.
Then If you went through job application process and were successfull THEY would give you papers showing work contract and an invitation letter for working visa.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by juzme: 2:35pm On May 05, 2011
I know some people here will disagree with me but my opinion is that if it is not easy for you in Nigeria it will not be easy for you in Uk at the moment as well. So dont sale your property or borrow money to migrate to UK at all means. Continue to search for job in Nigeria or invest the money you have in Nigeria, you may be better off.
if you insist on migrating to UK then visit their embassy in Nigeria or check their relevant website to get appropriate information.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by OmoTier1(m): 10:18pm On May 06, 2011
oada:

hi all,

please visit the UKBA official website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Here you would find all the information that you need.Go to the sections on the left of the page. It tells you what you need to do.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS ALSO A SITE FOR OUT OF COUNTRY APPLICATIONS.BE AWARE THAT SOME INFORMATION ON THERE ARE ABIT MISLEADING.

If you are a professional in the nigeria, please be fully aware that the UK payless attention to your nigeria professional cert. In most cases, you would do yourself more good by doing an upgrade very quickly in the way of professional cert. conversion to UK equivalent.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by reindeer: 9:12pm On May 07, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

please visit the UKBA official website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Here you would find all the information that you need.Go to the sections on the left of the page. It tells you what you need to do.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS ALSO A SITE FOR OUT OF COUNTRY APPLICATIONS.BE AWARE THAT SOME INFORMATION ON THERE ARE ABIT MISLEADING.

If you are a professional in the nigeria, please be fully aware that the UK payless attention to your nigeria professional cert. In most cases, you would do yourself more good by doing an upgrade very quickly in the way of professional cert. conversion to UK equivalent.

Except you are a doctor from Government universities( not sure about private ones because many of them are not listed on WHO list of accredited medical schools).If you're a doctor, jusy write your exams and you're good to go.There are jobs and they will sponsor you as a tier 2 migrant(with your family). Best wishes.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by 5H4D3(f): 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
thanks for this info....my husband is a doctor, graduated in OAU and i also have btech computer science and currently working as a software engineer. we are considering relocating to the UK. would have loved Canada but gettig a practosing license takes a while and US is capital intensive as he has to go through Msc while writing his exams. so, he wants to write ietls and plab 1 exams next year...what do i or we have to do to relocate together with our baby when the time comes...he would have a job before we relocate....as fot]r the visa, will he get a family visa when he gets a job? or will i have to go the Msc route to go with him? we are trying to gather as much info as possible...will appreciate anyn info at that....thank you

reindeer:

Except you are a doctor from Government universities( not sure about private ones because many of them are not listed on WHO list of accredited medical schools).If you're a doctor, jusy write your exams and you're good to go.There are jobs and they will sponsor you as a tier 2 migrant(with your family). Best wishes.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by chukxy: 7:31am On Dec 27, 2016
5H4D3:
thanks for this info....my husband is a doctor, graduated in OAU and i also have btech computer science and currently working as a software engineer. we are considering relocating to the UK. would have loved Canada but gettig a practosing license takes a while and US is capital intensive as he has to go through Msc while writing his exams. so, he wants to write ietls and plab 1 exams next year...what do i or we have to do to relocate together with our baby when the time comes...he would have a job before we relocate....as fot]r the visa, will he get a family visa when he gets a job? or will i have to go the Msc route to go with him? we are trying to gather as much info as possible...will appreciate anyn info at that....thank you

If your husband succeeds in getting is work visa, you and your children below the age of eighteen will qualify as his dependants.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by 5H4D3(f): 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
God bless you for this prompt response.....appreciate....

chukxy:
If your husband succeeds in getting is work visa, you and your children below the age of eighteen will qualify as his dependants.
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by chukxy: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
5H4D3:
God bless you for this prompt response.....appreciate....

You are welcome
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by KindlyHelp1: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
fireline:
The answers are all on UK immigration sites if you search.
To make it simple for you.
If you were a Highly qualified person with skills that would benefit a UK company or Health authority.
You could be a medical doctor with work experience or a profesionally qualified engineer with good degree.
Then If you went through job application process and were successfull THEY would give you papers showing work contract and an invitation letter for working visa.

Do you mean unskilled work

Do you mean unskilled work
Re: How Do I Relocate To The Uk by uthlaw: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
juzme:
I know some people here will disagree with me but my opinion is that if it is not easy for you in Nigeria it will not be easy for you in Uk at the moment as well. So dont sale your property or borrow money to migrate to UK at all means. Continue to search for job in Nigeria or invest the money you have in Nigeria, you may be better off.
if you insist on migrating to UK then visit their embassy in Nigeria or check their relevant website to get appropriate information.
na rubish you de talk....he should keep on searching for 50k job without security....you think moving abroad is all about money,the children of politicians that steal billion's of naira are not staying,even the president.....if you don't have any good suggestion,you can stay in ur Nigeria.... nobody's care!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

International Passport Needed Urgently / Airbus's A350 Successfully Completes Its Maiden Flight / Fintiri, Yari: FAAN Issues Public Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.