Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Immigrating To Another African Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrating To Another African Country (985 Views)

Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) / Will You Rather Get Another African Country Passport / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2021
Please guys I have intentions of moving to another African country for work and start up to life over there...I have three countries in mind namely Sychelles,Rwanda,and Mozambique. Please I need your advice and things I need to know about this countries.

1 Like

Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by SamuelLoch: 11:10am On Jun 12, 2021
Gluckudom1:
Please guys I have intentions of moving to another African country for work and start up to life over there...I have three countries in mind namely Sychelles,Rwanda,and Mozambique. Please I need your advice and things I need to know about this countries.

Why not a more English speaking country?
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
SamuelLoch:

Why not a more English speaking country?
like which one bro
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
Traveling to another African country... Good choice.

1. Consider Language as a Barrier
2. Availability of Jobs for your field..
3. Security
4. Electricity...

So talk to me, I can give a few adv...

1 Like

Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Bifwoli: 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2021
Gluckudom1:

So you're emigrating to another country and NOT "immigrating" to another country as you wrongly put it.

And why not look at Ghana ,Uganda or Zambia ?
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
Ok Drop the advise here for others to learn.

Havanatandt:

3. Security
4. Electricity...

Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
9JAFULLBREED:
Ok Drop the advise here for others to learn.

Based on questions he asks... I cannot just be talking nah. Engage me in convo
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2021
Havanatandt:

3. Security
4. Electricity...

How can I contact you boss
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2021
Bifwoli:

So you're emigrating to another country and NOT "immigrating" to another country as you wrongly put it.

And why not look at Ghana ,Uganda or Zambia ?
Thanks for the correction, Ghana? I don't have Ghana in mind due to this trade war between Nigerian govt and them. I don't know how developed the other two countries you suggested are and their cost of living and working opportunities. Can you shed more light if you have ideas?
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2021
Gluckudom1:

How can I contact you boss

My number is in my signature
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 8:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Havanatandt:

My number is in my signature
Thanks I have messaged you
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 11:19am On Jun 13, 2021
Consider Angola. But do your research.
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
Cousin9999:
Consider Angola. But do your research.
Language barrier boss

1 Like

Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gluckudom1:

Language barrier boss

Ghana and SA. But Ghana seems prejudice against Nigerians. It seems like even if you're over there running a little shop and minding your business, the government will chase you out like a criminal.

If white people promote it, you don't want to be there, so avoid places like Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia. You don't stand to gain.
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kenya is a possibility.
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
You might want to rethink the language thing because places like Ivory Coast and Senegal consistently come up as good options. I think if the small business market is strong enough, language might not matter that much, assuming you're open to starting a business. If you plan to stay long-term, you'll pick up the language and it won't matter.

1 Like

Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Cousin9999:

Ghana and SA. But Ghana seems prejudice against Nigerians. It seems like even if you're over there running a little shop and minding your business, the government will chase you out like a criminal.

If white people promote it, you don't want to be there, so avoid places like Mozambique and Zambia. You don't stand to gain.
Same thought about Ghana, SA is a no no due to xenophobia. I was also considering Tanzania, how about that?
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Cousin9999:
You might want to rethink the language thing because places like Ivory Coast and Senegal consistently come up as good options. I think if the small business market is strong enough, language might not matter that much, assuming you're open to starting a business. If you plan to stay long-term, you'll pick up the language and it won't matter.
Yeah thanks about this input...quite insightful
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gluckudom1:

Same thought about Ghana, SA is a no no due to xenophobia. I was also considering Tanzania, how about that?

They seem to have a nasty imbalance there around their biggest cash cow; mining. It reminds me of other countries in the region. But unlike say SA, they lack diversity in industry. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't take the risk of wasting my time.
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
The SA xenophobia thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems more of a poor area issue. The consensus seemed to be you can avoid it if you stay away from a certain segment of the population, as far as where you work and live.
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Gluckudom1(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
Cousin9999:
The SA xenophobia thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems more of a poor area issue. The consensus seemed to be you can avoid it if you stay away from a certain segment of the population, as far as where you work and live.
True I think I'll opt for GH
Re: Immigrating To Another African Country by Cousin9999: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
Gluckudom1:

True I think I'll opt for GH

Be careful with that. It's arguably worse than SA because the government is a part of it.

Kenya is another option if you're worried about the language barrier.

(1) (Reply)

Which State Can I Settle In When Going To The United States? / Can Nigerians Enter Cape Verde Now? / Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.