Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? (952 Views)

GOD Forgave The People Of Nineveh Without Waiting For Jesus' Crucifixion / What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ / Where Were The Orisha/olodumare During Slavery? How Did Let This To Happen To Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:41am On Jun 13, 2021
Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria?

Nineveh was a land that had been greatly corrupted by acts of wickedness and decadence, that her inhabitants were on the verge of extinction and being spued out by the land.

Jonah 1:1-2 (KJV)

Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.

Jonah 3:1-4 (KJV)

And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

But the people of Nineveh repented at the preaching of prophet Jonah, whom God had sent to warn them of their wickedness, hence the impending destruction of the land was averted.

Jonah 3:5-10 (KJV)

So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Hence the question, could a Nineveh happen to Nigeria?

This is because Nigeria seems like a Nineveh right now, as the land has been filled with so much corruption and decadence that it has brought her much reproach and decline. Now it even appears that its inhabitants are on the verge of being vomited by the land.

So could the people of Nigeria repent at preaching of a prophet God sent to warn her of her wickedness?

Could Nigeria humble themselves before God and turn away from her wicked ways so God could heal her land? 2 Chronicles 7:14

Could Nigeria do the needful so that the impossible and hopeless situation could be turned around, and the same nation that was once the epitome of reproach in the world because of wickedness, would become exalted by righteousness? Prov 14:34

If Nineveh could, then Nigeria can!

And if what God had revealed to me concerning Nigeria was anything to go by, then Nigeria certainly would!

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by Amotolongbo(f): 7:29am On Jun 13, 2021
Nineveh ko, Bvneveh ni
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by donbachi(m): 7:33am On Jun 13, 2021
No wife will believe such story.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 13, 2021
I am happy you answered the question yourself showing me you understand this subject very well. Well, the truth is that I have had so many hopeless hopes about Nigeria. My brother, this nation is filled with talents and resources. If we repent today, everything will change so fast we will not believe it. As we can see that forcing people cannot do it.

Also, in this nation, we have been preaching and encouraging people. The main challenge is that a part is dark. And that dark part is not ready to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. Even they dont receive it, at least, let them just be better morally and accept religious tolerance. And then, the ones who can receive the gospel, do not know what is called biblical ethics. Ok if standard of biblical ethics are too high, common environmental and business ethics are so scarce too. Yet, they are the ones who will speak in tongues today in their churches..lol. Many deacons are government workers. Ask them how they handle public fund. Those who work in CBN andnsensitive positions keep looting. They keep taking kick backs thereby not awarding contracts and awarding loans amd Grant's to the right and qualified candidates, but to those who will give them % in return. Imagine collecting 1 million naira kickback from 50 different channels weekly. How rich will that fellow be? This is what they do now. And they will even pay tithes. Pastors know they are civil servants and there is no way they can make such via their salaries and rheybarent allowed to engage in any form of business except agro. Those pastors will not ask questions. Theirs is to collect.

God should not be mocked....Whatsoever a man sows is what he will reap. It is as simple as ABC.

But I still have a little hope. Nothing is impossible with God. Well, this principle always comes to pass as long as we truly repent and allow God to work. The question is this: Will Nigerians genuinely repent?

So, it's not a matter of faith anyone. We need some work. We must work. Real prayer like that of John Wesley whose prayer single handedly saved England from total destruction. But these Nigerians of today are worse and more terrible than the English of Wesley's days. These ones are somethings else. It is not funny. These present youths are just terrible. Nineveh is a child's play. So, bro...be ready for a serious work. You have to intercede seriously. Continuous prayer that you will offer to God. But bros, I am tired. Seriously, I am honest here.

You inspired me this early Sunday. I like your exploit in this area. Bros, let us channel all our effort to making Nigeria better economically. Automatically, people will return to God naturally again. Just something I have seen. So, another way is that you focus on the economy of this country. God should perform a miracle. I believe God can if we truly call on Him. This is an area you can focus on in prayer.

Well, I pray that all what we put here should work and make our youths and leaders become better. And should challenge us all to repentance.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2021
donbachi:
No wife will believe such story.
What's your point?
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by orunto27: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2021
T B JOSHUA IS GONE FOR REPACKAGING.HE IS COMING BACK.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
orunto27:
T B JOSHUA IS GONE FOR REPACKAGING.HE IS COMING BACK.
Interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by annyplenty(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria?

Nineveh was a land that had been greatly corrupted by acts of wickedness and decadence, that her inhabitants were on the verge of extinction and being spued out by the land.

Jonah 1:1-2 (KJV)

Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.

Jonah 3:1-4 (KJV)

And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

But the people of Nineveh repented at the preaching of prophet Jonah, whom God had sent to warn them of their wickedness, hence the impending destruction of the land was averted.

Jonah 3:5-10 (KJV)

So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Hence the question, could a Nineveh happen to Nigeria?

This is because Nigeria seems like a Nineveh right now, as the land has been filled with so much corruption and decadence that it has brought her much reproach and decline. Now it even appears that its inhabitants are on the verge of being vomited by the land.

So could the people of Nigeria repent at preaching of a prophet God sent to warn her of her wickedness?

Could Nigeria humble themselves before God and turn away from her wicked ways so God could heal her land? 2 Chronicles 7:14

Could Nigeria do the needful so that the impossible and hopeless situation could be turned around, and the same nation that was once the epitome of reproach in the world because of wickedness, would become exalted by righteousness? Prov 14:34

If Nineveh could, then Nigeria can!

God bless.

By the grace of God, it will happen. God has been raising men to call for and spearhead Repentance in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
annyplenty:

By the grace of God, it will happen. God has been raising men to call for and spearhead Repentance in Nigeria.
1. God has been calling men to Old Covenant ideas and ways, a Covenant and way God made Specifically for those of the Blood of Jacob and the land of Canaan? undecided
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2021
Could these dry bones live again?
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2021
Amen!
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2021
Yes!
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2021
With God nothing shall be impossible!
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Nineveh ko, Bvneveh ni
Are you lost, let me help you out?
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Repentance.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Yes we can!
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2021
We can make it happen.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:36am On Jun 24, 2021
It's up to us Nigerians!
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
Change in Nigeria would begin with us Nigerians!
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
It shall come to pass.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:38am On Jun 27, 2021
Let God's Will be done in this land.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2021
Nigeria's case isn't worse than that of Nineveh.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nigeria has what it takes.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2021
Our case is not hopeless.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2021
It is possible.
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2021
Can these dry bones rise again?
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
How bad do we want it?
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
You say you want a better Nigeria but are you ready to do what it takes?
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
Re: Could A Nineveh Happen To Nigeria? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
Don't give up on Nigeria. Repent!

(1) (Reply)

Why God Would Rather Have Some Women Stay Single Than Get Married / The Antichrist Will Appear During A World Cup Tournament - Preacher Claims (vide / Sexual Purity Is One Of The Worst Enemies Of The Forces Of Wickedness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.