Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both (48103 Views)

Twitter Ban: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow - CNN / Twitter Needs Nigeria To Grow - CNN / How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by DMerciful(m): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Twitter is challenging individuals not govt. Buhari tweet was his and not Nigerian government tweet. Bubu has 2yrs and he'd be gone, twitter would still be here
pegix:

You nailed it gee

Not looking good atall for them
Actuallly, twitter has shown too much power challenging world powers and sovereign state in any means is dangerous

Even Germany condemned trump's ban back then
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by jaxxy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I said last week, the ban is bad business for everybody. Nigerian users are affected, FG international agencies image is dented in the west and Twitter losses lots of users and also its invisibility.

If the ban is prolonged, Nigerians will find alternative platforms, FG will find a way to launder its batteries image and more countries will ban Twitter if it doesn’t change the way it is currently operating. Whatever is the case, this is not looking good for Twitter.

Simplyleo:
So you mean the dot nation is not sufficient for Twitter to grow? Is that what you are implying?

Twitter isn't having problems with Nigerians or Indians. It's having problems with oppressive governments. If the issue is handled civilly, objectively and transparently these government will be in more troubles rather than Twitter.

OnionBandit:
You don't mess with the giant of Africa and giant of Asia (I give it to them)

Countries with ballz

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
mayo47:

Are you the one that made them giant? Large population doesn't equal being a rich or developed country . Moreover, Nigeria has a population is mostly unproductive because of poor education system. A country of well educated/productive 50 million people is significantly better than Nigeria. In conclusion, China is the giant of Asia if it's by "your" population metric

It means large market.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by OmoEpe(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
I thought some senseless Cownu pigs said Twitter is bigger than Nigeria

Awon werey alasho
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
SaintLucia:
You still didn't answer his question.... Where is the freedom of speech if you continue to talk of freedom of speech and at the same time reporting people comments to be deleted? grin

Lol. Some people are either confused or hypocrites
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by SaintBishop: 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
I talk am say this ban affect twitter owners them!
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Joshmuch: 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
cooltola:
Twitter mistake:
America is not Nigeria
Just because you ban Trump and some right wing conservative without consequences in the US does not mean you can ban Buhari tweets without having consequences in Nigeria.

what should he have done after many people reported the tweet for supporting violence?
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by DMerciful(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
To z*mbies, this is one of Bubu's achievement
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
bunto:
You people don't really know how the West regard you.
Watch this video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC3YAXNpqYE

That has always been their perception of Nigeria and Africa, nothing new. They would never show you the beautiful parts of Nigeria but the slums. If a Nigerian with dual citizenship is doing well in their country, they would never associate him or her with Nigeria. But if he's into crime, they would quickly label him as a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Kuginzi: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lamidi Kanu's IPOB guys How market?

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by GentleRay: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
They should register in Nigeria as a business entity. There are not custodians of Free speech, otherwise, we are having a dictator in the making.
seunmsg:

The danger is that foreign tech companies should not be in a position to determine what is good to say and what is not good to say. It even gets more complicated when the CEO of the company keeps mixing his political views with what users of the company’s platform can say or cannot say.

Another problem is the issue of regulation. A media space that is unregulated will sooner or later create chaos. The media contributed significantly to the Rwandan genocide. We all saw the role Twitter played in the destruction of Lagos last year and the Capitol Hill riot. It’s good for tech companies to promote freedom of speech but they must do so under a define regulatory framework.

Twitter is registered as a business entity in UK, EU, India and other advanced countries. They should also be made to register as a company in Nigeria under our laws.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I said last week, the ban is bad business for everybody. Nigerian users are affected, FG international agencies image is dented in the west and Twitter losses lots of users and also its invisibility.

If the ban is prolonged, Nigerians will find alternative platforms, FG will find a way to launder its batteries image and more countries will ban Twitter if it doesn’t change the way it is currently operating. Whatever is the case, this is not looking good for Twitter.

Do not deceive yourselves any further, the only party affected is the govt, whatever is left of this image is dented.
Nigerians have a penchant for foreign things hence despite the ban nigerians are still using twitter via vpn. even free vpn will do.
if nigerians can tweet with vpn on why do people need alternative app, seems what we needed is alternate route tongue
FG might have succeeded in banning twitter buh nigerian still access twitter freely and sure jacks knows and buhari knows tew. figure out the loser grin
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by richie240: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
God bless Nigeria!!!
Let me hear u say a loud Amen!!!
cool
DMerciful:
To z*mbies, this is one of Bubu's achievement
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by seunmsg(m): 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
larryjonze:

Do not deceive yourselves any further, the only party affected is the govt, whatever is left of this image is dented.
Nigerians have a penchant for foreign things hence despite the ban nigerians are still using twitter via vpn. even free vpn will do.
if nigerians can tweet with vpn on why do people need alternative app, seems what we needed is alternate route tongue
FG might have succeeded in banning twitter buh nigerian still access twitter freely and sure jacks knows and buhari knows tew. figure out the loser grin

The attached picture is for what?
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Gambit23: 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
OnionBandit:

Countries with ballz

Nigeria is useless to Twitter.

Goan check Twitter stock prices the day buhari d dullard banned Twitter..
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
Blessedassuranc:

RESPECT IS EARNED AND NOT GIVEN... FOES NIGERIA LOOK LIKE A COUNTRY THAT HAS EARNED ANY RESPECT?

Has your own business flourished here before you want to drag someone else to your own mess and destroy their own business.. abeg learn to use your head

Make your point without insulting people.
You made it looks like there are no thousands of businesses flourishing in Nigeria, lol. We don't need to allow people to brainwash us at all. My business is flourishing inside Naija
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Gambit23: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:

This is high grade animal dung.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by GentleRay: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Which Open internet are you talking about? Another western imperialism to inflitrate our taught and mind. Who controls the free internet space? So we should subscribe to twitter policy and rules with my hard earn data. Those is policies and rules prevail ahead of our laws.
joyandfaith:

Have you try to study twitter policy , rules and regulation ? First, tweets must be reported before it can be flagged and possibly deleted.

Twitter is online platform. I think Nigeria is a signatory to open internet and freedom of expression as fundamental human right. Twiitter products and services can be assessed from Nigeria just like we can assess thousands of products without those companies having physical offices in Nigeria.

Twitter did not cause Rwanda genocide. There was no social media then. If there was social media, genocide might have been prevented because world would get to known about it immediately.

Reckless shooting of lekki protesters trigged waves of violence that erupted after that. It was not Twitter that first broadcasted it. People watched it in the live Instagram and the clips were shared via whatapp and Facebook. I think government should worry about whatapp and Facebook. The users of those platforms don't question source of information. Twitter users are known to question source of information. They are more mature and professional.

Government can regulate anything it wants. I am certain that if regulation is to prevent people from criticising the government , populace would find means of mobilising against it which may lead to civil unrest or war. Government should always open to discussion or use information in social media to solve problems.

Humans are borne free in all ramifications. Governments are known as oppressors. Ecc 8:9

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Gambit23: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Cchuks27:
I have come to realize that most people on Nairaland don't think before they write. Most people on here kept criticizing the government (of which they aren't right to pull the plug on Twitter but also not entirely wrong to have done so considering the circumstances). Below are my few takes on Twitter:

1. It was highly disrespectful for Twitter to locate their African office outside Nigeria when at least 40% of their revenue in Africa comes from Nigeria.
2. They ought to understand the geopolitics of some countries and should not think what applies in the USA would automatically apply in Nigeria or elsewhere.

Which university did u attend?

" It was highly disrespectful for Twitter to locate their African office outside Nigeria"

I dunno how Nigerians reason!!!
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by madridsta007(m): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
OnionBandit:

Countries with ballz

Giant in what aspects?

I know Boko Haram, ISWAP and Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists, 3 of the 4 world terrorists groups are in Nigeria and Nigeria is the World's Capital of Poverty, but does that make it a giant?
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Skymason20(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Does of you thinking tweter ban affect Nigeria government should have a re think .. Our leaders don't care ... Did it affect Nigerians ?? The answer is YES . but like I said the government don't give a f***k . so in this case tweter and Nigerians are affected.. Not this buhari , apc lead FG. hopefully they resolve it so every one smiles..

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by fabson21(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Balls ke where u for come self third world countries na get balls
OnionBandit:

Countries with ballz
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
It is only in your fantasy that 'Jack care less'. It's either you have not been following the news or your primordial sentiment and hatred for Nigeria just made you to be blinded to facts.

It doesn't seem to occur to you that it's only very few individuals with insignificant numbers of followers that still uses VPN to access twitter or tweet. Big law-abiding companies especially in highly regulated industry like financial institutions, radio and television stations, telecommunication companies, many other corporate organizations and high net worth celebrities with hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers have all complied with the government on twitter ban.

Oga you lie, twitter a community of elites therefore anyone capable of handling twitter won't have an issue using vpn cost nothing, so when you say few individuals i can categorically tell you nothing as changed.
Firms in nigeria are still very much on twitter, or you can show me just three companies not under NBC that as deactivated there account, speaking of celebrities everyone I can think of are still on, mention just one that left and i will show you 100% stay.
Since buhari ban twitter, aishat deactivated why have buhari children & liein mohammed children not deactivate what are they still waitin or keepin the account for.

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by mayo47(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
authority2006:

It means large market.

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
SaintLucia:
You still didn't answer his question.... Where is the freedom of speech if you continue to talk of freedom of speech and at the same time reporting people comments to be deleted?

Eeyah I didn't know that o, is that why uncle Jack used the Nigeria flag without the usual zobo stain on Democracy Day...? grin

I have answered his question and he knows. Only for the wise. Terrm and conditions apply.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:

The attached picture is for what?
a

i can see you have no reponse. just ignore the obvious error i don remove am.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by mayo47(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
authority2006:

It means large market.

Large market with most of its population having very frugal disposal income. Why do you think companies like Shoprite are leaving Nigeria? Most people go there for photos without really purchasing anything significant for the seller
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by MyAmericandream(f): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
OnionBandit:

Countries with ballz
and the most poverty striking countries in the world.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
pieces18:

And I hope you know that its worse for Nigeria and Nigerians?

No, it is worse for Jack, Nigerians using it for business and may be the Nigeria government in that order.

Investors will be more careful to invest in Nigeria more than ever.

Investors were already here before twitter was born. Secondly, foreign investors are not dumb and don't follow bandwagon like most Nigerians, they would like to understand what happened from both sides. If Facebook and instagram are working, may be it is twitter CEO who needs to check himself and his excess.

Young Nigerians who showcase their businesses on twitter can't do it again. In fact, there was this guy I met on YouTube, we were meet on twitter to discuss further, the next day twitter is banned and so I've not been able to get him. There are a lot of Nigerians who were doing their business purely on twitter.

I guess you don't know how to use VPN like your fellows are doing. Lol. And may be YouTube was banned too.

This government is shameless. The question is what did twitter do wrong? A president went against their rules and his twit got deleted, and it became a Nigerian problem? So stoopid of government.

Not only deleted but his account suspended too. Over what? Dealing with the criminals using the language they understand? I don't even know what this world is turning into!
You have business and you are able to talk about freedom of speech only because you have a fairly stable country. If Jack is unchecked, you might not have nothing left to be called a country.
Imagine the dude personally helping to raise money for the sustenance of #Endsars protests that ended up killing over 50 policemen and burning of multiple multi billions naira properties! The guy is meddling in our internal affairs.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by SaintLucia: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

I have answered his question and he knows. Only for the wise. Terrm and conditions apply.
You still didn't answer his question.... Where is the freedom of speech if you continue to talk of freedom of speech and at the same time reporting people comments to be deleted?

Eeyah and I didn't know that is how they answer question in your dot in a circle country by shifting goalposts grin
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by authority2006(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
mayo47:

Large market with most of its population having very frugal disposal income. Why do you think companies like Shoprite are leaving Nigeria? Most people go there for photos without really purchasing anything significant for the seller

You can look and concentrate on downside of the Nigeria economy as much as you like, that doesn't erase the fact that we're a market to beat in Africa with our population even we live on less than a dollar per day. It is a fact, not a theory.
And I wonder why MTN and dstv haven't left if your theory is correct but instead, prosper?
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
SaintLucia:

Eeyah and I didn't know that is how they answer question in your dot in a circle country by shifting goalposts grin

have answered his question and he knows. Only for the wise. Terrm and conditions apply. Go back to my posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Rally: Soldiers Occupy Rivers Amiesimaka Stadium / Obiano Defies Rainfall To Inspect Road Projects In Anambra (pics) / Sule, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri Yesterday(P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.