Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both (47668 Views)

Twitter Ban: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow - CNN / Twitter Needs Nigeria To Grow - CNN / How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by emmyN(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Personally, I don't know any Nigerian that have stopped using Twitter since the ban, well except government miscreants who are made to stop as a matter of compulsion. I don't use Twitter much, but since this federal government ban, I've used the app more times than I have in the past weeks.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by SaintLucia: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

have answered his question and he knows. Only for the wise. Terrm and conditions apply. Go back to my posts
You still didn't answer his question.... Where is the freedom of speech if you continue to talk of freedom of speech and at the same time reporting people comments to be deleted?

Eeyah and I didn't know that is how they answer question in your dot in a circle country by shifting goalposts grin
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
richie240:
hehehehehe.....somburri is most-def in sifia pains.
Ndo!
cool

God bless Nigeria!!!
Can I hear an Amen from u, biko?
cool

Rich.. richie.... this... name with An R..... hmmmmm... oh oh okay..... Thanks for the message!!
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

J think thousands of people reported his tweets and it was flagged and later deleted. That is Twitter policy.
Twitter has a policy, that is to delete and ban a president of the most populous black nation on earth, and that same country has used its own power to ban the twitter,case close.
Why didn't them delete kanus inciting speech? Why the double standard.
Twitter has a lot of questions to answer

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
dmbb:

Twitter has a policy, that is to delete and ban a president of the most populous black nation on earth, and that same country has used its own power to ban the twitter,case close.
Why didn't them delete kanus inciting speech? Why the double standard.
Twitter has a lot of questions to answer

Donald trump was banned. Buhari got his tweet deleted after it was reported by thousands.
FG did not report kanu tweet and I blame bmc for not reporting it too. There are avenues to seek fair treatment in twitter policy.
We worship leaders in this country and that is the reason we cannot develop. Most of leaders don't even merit positions they are occupying.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Slurity(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
lol, some of you think Nigeria is so consequential grin
Twitter make $11billion from Nigeria alone very year. That is a big deal if you understand business

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Gjmff: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lol
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Donald trump was banned. Buhari got his tweet deleted after it was reported by thousands.
FG did not report kanu tweet and I blame bmc for not reporting it too. There are avenues to seek fair treatment in twitter policy.
We worship leaders in this country and that is the reason we cannot develop. Most of leaders don't even merit positions they are occupying.
Forget about Trump, Nigeria and America are two different independent countries with different laws.
It was the twitter that supposed to have contacted the Federal government for an explanations regarding the president's Tweets before taking any action. Don't forget they are operating in this country for their own business interest as such, they must be answerable to us. We are the one that should control them, not the other way round
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
dmbb:

It was the twitter that supposed to have contacted the Federal government for an explanations regarding the president's Tweets before taking any action. Don't forget they are operating in this country for their own business interest as such, they must be answerable to us. We are the one that should control them, not the other way round

FG should have used nta or radio Nigeria to broadcast buhari message. You cannot control technologies you cannot invent. I am sure buhari agreed with twitter term and conditions before signing up for twitter account?
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by abeggnow: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
Workch:
lol, some of you think Nigeria is so consequential grin
yes it is among non aligned nations and growing economies.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by abeggnow: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I said last week, the ban is bad business for everybody. Nigerian users are affected, FG international agencies image is dented in the west and Twitter losses lots of users and also its invisibility.

If the ban is prolonged, Nigerians will find alternative platforms, FG will find a way to launder its batteries image and more countries will ban Twitter if it doesn’t change the way it is currently operating. Whatever is the case, this is not looking good for Twitter.
when has the west ever cared about anybody but them selves??.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by mayo47(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gambit23:

Which university did u attend?

" It was highly disrespectful for Twitter to locate their African office outside Nigeria"

I dunno how Nigerians reason!!!

Very Terrible Mindset, He would come and say he's a graduate. He can run his business without doing any proper analysis

NB: Being a graduate from a Nigerian university does'nt automatically mean you're educated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by abeggnow: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:

The danger is that foreign tech companies should not be in a position to determine what is good to say and what is not good to say. It even gets more complicated when the CEO of the company keeps mixing his political views with what users of the company’s platform can say or cannot say.

Another problem is the issue of regulation. A media space that is unregulated will sooner or later create chaos. The media contributed significantly to the Rwandan genocide. We all saw the role Twitter played in the destruction of Lagos last year and the Capitol Hill riot. It’s good for tech companies to promote freedom of speech but they must do so under a define regulatory framework.

Twitter is registered as a business entity in UK, EU, India and other advanced countries. They should also be made to register as a company in Nigeria under our laws.
the. there is also the issue of data they collect. data of foreign citizen that their intelligence agencies have access to.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

FG should have used nta or radio Nigeria to broadcast buhari message. You cannot control technologies you cannot invent. I am sure buhari agreed with twitter term and conditions before signing up for twitter account?
As long as they are in our country to do their business, they are not different from NTA and other radio stations in this country. If the business environment is not favorable for them, they should leave the country
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by mayo47(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
authority2006:

You can look and concentrate on downside of the Nigeria economy as much as you like, that doesn't erase the fact that we're a market to beat in Africa with our population even we live on less than a dollar per day. It is a fact, not a theory.
And I wonder why MTN and dstv haven't left if your theory is correct but instead, prosper?

It's the reality. I am not sure how you arrived "we're a market to beat in Africa with our population". You might need to improve your understanding on economics and business environment. MTN and DSTV operate in oligopolistic market (Very few indusry players, thus will always make lots of money unlike in a competitive industry where the barrier to entry isnt low)
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
dmbb:

As long as they are in our country to do their business, they are not different from NTA and other radio stations in this country. If the business environment is not favorable for them, they should leave the country

When will Dunlop and other companies that left Nigeria for Ghana return to do business in Nigeria since twitter has been banned ?
Twitter ban will attract FDI.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by homosapien(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
muykem:
Nigeria is more than consequential, no international company will joke with a country of over 200million population.

Some cretins will tell you that the population is unproductive so twitter doesn't need Nigeria.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by icon8: 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
seunmsg:

The danger is that foreign tech companies should not be in a position to determine what is good to say and what is not good to say. It even gets more complicated when the CEO of the company keeps mixing his political views with what users of the company’s platform can say or cannot say.

Another problem is the issue of regulation. A media space that is unregulated will sooner or later create chaos. The media contributed significantly to the Rwandan genocide. We all saw the role Twitter played in the destruction of Lagos last year and the Capitol Hill riot. It’s good for tech companies to promote freedom of speech but they must do so under a define regulatory framework.

Twitter is registered as a business entity in UK, EU, India and other advanced countries. They should also be made to register as a company in Nigeria under our laws.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

When will Dunlop and other companies that left Nigeria for Ghana return to do business in Nigeria since twitter has been banned ?
Twitter ban will attract FDI.
Any business man that will not comply with our laws, would not be allowed to operate in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
dmbb:

Any business man that will not comply with our laws, would not be allowed to operate in Nigeria

Dunlop did not comply with laws and relocated to Ghana. That is great.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Litmus: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Most social media are built on fundamental of human existence - freedom and liberalism. Humans love freedom and that is the reason wars are being fought. Any platform that will not guarantee freedom of expression is likely pro-government and any platform without bias for people will make people to jettison such platform.

It is now people v governments in many lands with social media on the side of the people.

You're wrong in nearly all that you've stated here. I qualified with Nearly only in case I’ve missed something.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Bifwoli: 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=OnionBandit post=102670701]You don't mess with the giant of Africa and giant of Asia (I give it to them)

Countries with ballz[/quote
The giant of Asia is China... and to a lesser extent Japan.The giant of Africa is South Africa.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Litmus:

You're wrong in nearly all that you've stated here. I qualified with Nearly only in case I’ve missed something.

If I am wrong,then you are saying humans hate freedom.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

Dunlop did not comply with laws and relocated to Ghana. That is great.
what I know is that my country is bigger than any foreign businessman and no one should be allowed to destroy it no matter what.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by BlackFlamefromP: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
I can see where you are confusing and deceiving yourself.

Just because someone has not DEACTIVATED his twitter account doesn't mean he has access and is still being active on twitter. I myself used to be active on twitter before the ban. After the ban I stay away from twitter but my twitter account is still intact. Will you say that the ban is not working simply because I have not deactivated my twitter account? LOL. That's where you are mixing things up and deceiving yourself.

Anyway, some people are just incurably delusional and never want to face reality and admit obvious facts unless doing so will not shatter their delusion. So I can sympathize with you.

larryjonze:

Oga you lie, twitter a community of elites therefore anyone capable of handling twitter won't have an issue using vpn cost nothing, so when you say few individuals i can categorically tell you nothing as changed.
Firms in nigeria are still very much on twitter, or you can show me just three companies not under NBC that as deactivated there account, speaking of celebrities everyone I can think of are still on, mention just one that left and i will show you 100% stay.
Since buhari ban twitter, aishat deactivated why have buhari children & liein mohammed children not deactivate what are they still waitin or keepin the account for.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
dmbb:
what I know is that my country is bigger than any foreign businessman and no one should be allowed to destroy it no matter what.

How can something that has been destroyed be destroyed ?
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by dmbb: 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
joyandfaith:

How can something that has been destroyed be destroyed ?
Only those that are hellbent on destroying Nigeria may think that they have succeeded, but we sane Nigerians know that it is not destroyed and by the grace of God very soon you will be proud of Nigeria your beloved country
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by joyandfaith: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
dmbb:

Only those that are hellbent on destroying Nigeria may think that they have succeeded, but we sane Nigerians know that it is not destroyed and by the grace of God very soon you will be proud of Nigeria your beloved country

Some people said so in 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s,2000s,2010s. Many of them are late or old. Those alive are still regretting their stupidity.
Re: Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both by Ofama733: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
Giant popular for hard measures!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Forces Beyond Our Direct Control Moved To Make Dark Notes In History / Major-General Ugbo, 7 Others Killed In Ugboju, Benue / They Promised Us N1,000 To Support Buhari - Pro-buhari Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.