Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised (27350 Views)

Umahi: Igbo People Are Responsible For Killings In South-East, Not Fulani / Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra / Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Perfectbeing:
This is not a arguing matter. Answer yes or no.

Did Buhari government paid off all the gratuity and pensions of all the police pensioners in the South East that were neglected since after the war? YES

Did his government assisted the 36 Governors (which include S.E Governors) with bailout funds to pay shortfall in salaries? YES

Did is government do (or is doing) the Enugu-Okigwe and Umuahia-Aba-Port Harcourt expressways?
YES
Is work ongoing in the Owerri-Aba and Owerri-Umuahia roads, and the international highway from Enugu to Abakiliki to Cameroun? YES

Did Buhari put N10 billion in Enugu Airport? YES

Is Buhari doing the 2nd Niger bridge? YES

Is the 2nd Nigeria bridge part of the five legacy projects (which are Lagos-Ibadan highway, Mambilla project, East West Road, Abuja-Kaduna-Kano and Second Niger Bridge)?? YES

Someone was claiming that Buhari has been doing those project in the SE for 6 years.. Aren't they projects in the other regions that Buhari has been doing for 6 years too?

Modified

Did Buhari complete the Warri-Itakpe rail line after 30 years? YES

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Bishop4real: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
chatinent:
I guess, Ngige has collected the baton. You are now free, Desmond Elliot.

Such a failed government.

Well, fam, contact me write your assignment, thesis, and dissertation.

Why not disprove aby of those raw facts the man put forward instead of spewing thrash
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Basher8583: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Igbos are just bittered. Any small provocation awakes the anger. That's just the truth.
Am still waiting for a northern leader that will engage the lgbos deeply to the point they will forget succession.
Forget the agitation. If enabling environment with infrastructure is created in Aba,Onitsha,Nnewi etc. Agitation will die a natural death.

Everything is available for them there they just don't know what they really want. The typical igbo man will prefer to migrate to another region to trade all because they don't trust themselves to do business. A case of Cunning man die cunning man bury am.

Again the major reason which they are not mentioning is the fact that there is no longer free money from the center. No more phantom contracts to lick. This has created an atmosphere of frustration for them hence the need to secceed

1 Like

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Goke7: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
dbonks:
Mr Minister you better get yourself armed with facts, because there is non of those projects mentioned there that were concieved under this govt. There were merely continued because he knew the backslash that would have greeted his abandonement of such projects. Keep praise singing because your were appionted a minister remember there is posterity.

Make una fear God na, what's the fuss about conceiving a project and nothing to show for it after 16 years and billions wasted.

You guys need to admit and give PMB some commendation.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Bishop4real: 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
clarocuzioo:
idiotic Ngige. Igbos are not marginalised. All the Federal roads in your state are presently in a mess except for for the ones Peter Obi did himself.

What did PDP, for whom Igbos killed themselves, did for Ndi Igbo for the past 16 years they held sway? What?
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Bishop4real: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jackson105:
Hausa-fulani slave has spoken.

All the south East governors and most politician in the East are Hausa-fulani slaves.

It take the boldness of Akeredolu to link the killings in the East to DSS, while their useless coward governors can not talk.

Herdsmen will kill people in Enugu and the fat pig of a governor will organise fasting and prayers. Umahi doesn't care if the whole Ebonyi is butchered.

Ojukwu is the one that ran away to ivory coast after sacrificing 3 million people senselessly. Yet they will open their mouth wah! and call Yoruba cowards.

They are agitating for Biafra and their elders just declare their support for one Nigeria, instead of ibo youths to face their governor and the useless slaves they elected, Tinubu and Yoruba is their problem.

You all will get sense last last.

Instead of countering what the man said with raw facts, you're spewing unnecessary bile. Where are your facts to show that Ngige lied?
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
Multiplier7:

Honestly, Ngige said the exact truth. I have witnessed the Enugu- Umuahia-Port Harcourt road though still ongoing but I enjoyed the smooth roads.

Then Enugu -Onitsha one lane done remaining one lane.

Then Enugu -Abakaliki is top notch now but I don't know about Abakaliki -Cameroun. It will sweet me when it is completed.

The truth is that APC has done so much, far more than what PDP has done throughout Nigeria's oil days.

Kudos to APC government.

The Abakaliki - Cameroon highway should be hastened cos it will help boost the Ebonyi State International Airport when finally completed.

The only problem of this present administration is only on Security and High inflation. But then no one is perfect. I give Buhari a pass mark. He's trying his best honestly.

On the roads construction, I was surprised to see some of these roads you mentioned when I travelled to East recently. The Enugu Onitsha road one lane has been completed. After Nteje, you enter dual lanes to Onitsha. At Obosi junction, I saw Berger working on Niger bridge. I also saw the Enugu Port Harcourt road. In fact, it was the Cameroon Highway project that reminded me of Lagos Abidjan Highway project and Dakar Lagos Highway project. I was forced to try to compare the number of road projects to road projects going on in a region.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Goke7: 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Wait you mean Buhari is doing a road from Igbo land to Cameroon and nobody complained that he's building road to another country?

Na today you dey sabi these people, they keep quiet on anything favourable to them but shout when it goes to another place.

They behave as if other tribes don't deserve anything at all.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Multiplier7(m): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
ifiokjohn:
apologies then. So let's go back to the main stuff.
Wanna ask you.. is infrastructural sector the only sector in Nigeria?
Buhari has failed in the rest except that one..
Shouldn't it be a failed administration you should be grading it?
Good. Thank you.

I want to answer your question with a story. There was a time Arthur Eze visited Abia state. He's a big philanthropist in the whole of igbo land,well known. He travelled by road all the way from Enugu to Abia for an event by which the Governor of Abia state Theodora Orji invited him for. Due to bad roads and the suffering he encountered, during the event he picked up the microphone and lambasted the Governor at the ceremony and right there he pledged some millions of naira to the Abia state government to help ease off the road infrastructure decay in Abia. As my type of man, he didn't go back via road that day, he ordered for a private helicopter to take him back.

Now back to your question. Infrastructures especially good road network is a way to go in this country. it will go a long way to foster rapid development and movement of people from one place to another. Do you get?

But am not saying he should turn blind eye on Security which is also his sole responsibility as a Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

It boils down to the failures of the PDP administration in this country. They are the real cause of this mess that we are in right now but this same Buhari is also imputing billions in our security sector. It's evident for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Very greedy set of people!
God will judge them all!
Goke7:

Na today you dey sabi these people, they keep quiet on anything favourable to them but shout when it goes to another place.

They behave as if other tribes don't deserve anything at all.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by NgwalandAba(m): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
If he like let him build Tower of bebel for us we will never like a fulani terrorist from futa jalon.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by ifiokjohn(m): 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Multiplier7:

Good. Thank you.

I want to answer your question with a story. There was a time Arthur Eze visited Abia state. He's a big philanthropist in the whole of igbo land,well known. He travelled by road all the way from Enugu to Abia for an event by which the Governor of Abia state Theodora Orji invited him for. Due to bad roads and the suffering he encountered, during the event he picked up the microphone and lambasted the Governor at the ceremony and right there he pledged some millions of naira to the Abia state government to help ease off the road infrastructure decay in Abia. As my type of man, he didn't go back via road that day, he ordered for a private helicopter to take him back.

Now back to your question. Infrastructures especially good road network is a way to go in this country. it will go a long way to foster rapid development and movement of people from one place to another. Do you get?

But am not saying he should turn blind eye on Security which is also his sole responsibility as a Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

It boils down to the failures of the PDP administration in this country. They are the real cause of this mess that we are in right now but this same Buhari is also imputing billions in our security sector. It's evident for all to see.
If APC blames the pdp administration... shouldn't it be right the pdp should blame the military regimes especially seen Buhari was one of them to for the decay?

You talked about Road construction...are we not here when people insult Akwa ibom saying even with all the good roads they're still poor..see shanties covering the whole streght of beautiful roads?

Well...let me give you another eg,... Imagine you child came home with his result..
He sat for 10 courses...got f9 in 9 and got a pass mark in say any of those courses...will you see that result as something of a good result? That's the case with Buhari.

E might have done one or two roads and one or 3 trains station...but what are the benefits if you and I are not alive to use it?

What are the benefits if you or I don't have the economic power to buy a train ticket?
What are the benefits of those infrastructures if education is poor?
If healthcare is at it lowest and even Mr President flies abroad.

What are the benefits when youths are losing jobs?
What are the benefits when there is brain drain?
What are the benefits when our names is on record for bad bad bad.

What are the benefits when he keeps dividing the country?
You're igbo, can you say you're proud when he called you guys a Dot in a circle?, 5% etc?

See in a sane country Buhari would have been impeached
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by chisky02: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
Leave Ngige alone, that was how he run mouth, and his people withdrew him
from the senate, if not that Buhari compensated him with ministerial appointment, he would have been jobless since 2015.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by iike: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ngige is chopping so he is speaking for his master who gives him food
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Goke7: 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
chisky02:
from the senate, if not that Buhari compensated him with ministerial appointment, he would have been jobless since 2015.

Ngige would have been senate president or at least deputy if his people returned him to the Senate but they were blinded by hatred and now shouting marginalisation
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Multiplier7(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
ifiokjohn:
If APC blames the pdp administration... shouldn't it be right the pdp should blame the military regimes especially seen Buhari was one of them to for the decay?

You talked about Road construction...are we not here when people insult Akwa ibom saying even with all the good roads they're still poor..see shanties covering the whole streght of beautiful roads?

Well...let me give you another eg,... Imagine you child came home with his result..
He sat for 10 courses...got f9 in 9 and got a pass mark in say any of those courses...will you see that result as something of a good result? That's the case with Buhari.

E might have done one or two roads and one or 3 trains station...but what are the benefits if you and I are not alive to use it?

What are the benefits if you or I don't have the economic power to buy a train ticket?
What are the benefits of those infrastructures if education is poor?
If healthcare is at it lowest and even Mr President flies abroad.

What are the benefits when youths are losing jobs?
What are the benefits when there is brain drain?
What are the benefits when our names is on record for bad bad bad.

What are the benefits when he keeps dividing the country?
You're igbo, can you say you're proud when he called you guys a Dot in a circle?, 5% etc?

See in a sane country Buhari would have been impeached

Why is it always Buhari I ask?

You're correct, this country have never been divided the way it is currently and kudos to the people working with his administration.

Based on everything you mentioned above, what then is the work of the state government and local government?

You see my brother, they have failed woefully with exception of few Sanwo Oil, Dave Umahi and Udom Emmanuel of Lagos, Ebonyi and Akwa ibom specifically. Honestly, the state government should man up to their responsibilities because it's adding pressure to the Federal government .

My solution to Nigeria's current situation is Fiscal Federalism. Empower the states to generate their various natural resources and improve on their internal generation revenue and let them use it for their various developments but they should also pay certain percentage to the Federal government. Simple.

With that, no one will cry foul. There will be competion for development and growth among the states not what we have now, small thing everybody runs to Abuja for peanuts which is not enough for anything.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Duvet1950: 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige has said that the South-Eastern part of the Nigeria is fairly represented and accorded its due entitlements by the President Muhammadu Buhari led government.

I wish I have the power to command lightning to strike any B0K0HARI apologists, I would have sent one to visit this IDIOT, Mr. Ngige for his M0R0NIC utterances. The only reason he made such a statement knowing fully well that he was lying thru his teeth was simply to assuage the fears of his FULANI TERRORISTS Masters.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by micflo28(m): 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
This over bleached albino is not expected to say otherwise. He is heavily paid to defend the orgy of executions in SE and exemption of Igbo Sons and daughters in critical appointments.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Multiplier7(m): 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
babaolofin:

On the roads construction, I was surprised to see some of these roads you mentioned when I travelled to East recently. The Enugu Onitsha road one lane has been completed. After Nteje, you enter dual lanes to Onitsha. At Obosi junction, I saw Berger working on Niger bridge. I also saw the Enugu Port Harcourt road. In fact, it was the Cameroon Highway project that reminded me of Lagos Abidjan Highway project and Dakar Lagos Highway project. I was forced to try to compare the number of road projects to road projects going on in a region.

You're correct.

In terms of comparison of roads going on in a particular region, my brother the Northern region carries the vote but am not saying Buhari's administration neglected other regions as well.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by maste: 11:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
My friend go back to Okija shrine.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Bibina59: 11:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
chatinent:
I guess, Ngige has collected the baton. You are now free, Desmond Elliot.

Such a failed government.

Well, fam, contact me write your assignment, thesis, and dissertation.

And why would you write Thesis and assignments for others? You should be arrested and jailed for impersonation
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by ifiokjohn(m): 12:31am On Jun 14, 2021
Multiplier7:

Why is it always Buhari I ask?

You're correct, this country have never been divided the way it is currently and kudos to the people working with his administration.

Based on everything you mentioned above, what then is the work of the state government and local government?

You see my brother, they have failed woefully with exception of few Sanwo Oil, Dave Umahi and Udom Emmanuel of Lagos, Ebonyi and Akwa ibom specifically. Honestly, the state government should man up to their responsibilities because it's adding pressure to the Federal government .

My solution to Nigeria's current situation is Fiscal Federalism. Empower the states to generate their various natural resources and improve on their internal generation revenue and let them use it for their various developments but they should also pay certain percentage to the Federal government. Simple.

With that, no one will cry foul. There will be competion for development and growth among the states not what we have now, small thing everybody runs to Abuja for peanuts which is not enough for anything.
I agree with you about Fiscal Federalism. Devolution of power.

But though the SG govts should also take plane but there is little a state Governnor can do when it comes to security.
Just like El Rufai said...as a state Governnor you can't even order the CP of your state.. that power is reserved for Mr President.
That word "Cheif security of a state" is just like a figure of speech...

When we practice fiscal federalism there is a multiplier effect on the economy and infrastructures by it self. Investors will come it cause they will know they don't need to be in the good books of Fulanis, Igbo, or hausa Mr President to impact.

See I keep telling people I watch as how many people proudly showcase the biafran flag anywhere they go, I said if Nigerians have this type of love for their country..the country will grow? That's why I support BIAFRA... But we know that kind of love can't exist if there is no Equity, Justice, fairness. Merit.
Quota system should be removed.
Let Nationalism be entranched in the constitution..
In other words you don't need to state your state, religion or ethnicity when applying for jobs, admission etc!...with that we become Nigerian first before our states( eg US)
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by igbowoman: 12:35am On Jun 14, 2021
He has to earn his pay doesn't he
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by tujays(m): 3:51am On Jun 14, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
And what was your reaction on the president talking down on igbo thereby referring them all as ipob?

Well anyways am still proudly that dot in a circle... A president that doesn't know how to talk is that one a president undecided
does Ipod or Igbos knows how to talk? or are you now comparing Wailing, lamenting and chest beating to knowing how to talk? grin
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by yusluvad(m): 4:35am On Jun 14, 2021
Whatever that rock anyone's boat...
AMINDA:

Exactly. Any appointment to the Northeast, Northwest or even North Central is termed "Northerner" but we want to segregate the South into Southeast, Southwest and South South seperately, is that fair? Yes, the North are more homogeneous due to similar culture, languages and to a little extent, religion, but is that the fault of Buhari? Why can't the South unite as well so an appointee from any of these zones will be called "Southerner"?

In his recent statement, Buhari asked if anyone has been able to prove that he hasn't fulfilled all the statutory appointments to all zones as stipulated by the constitution, no one has been able to dispute that till date. Just emotions and hatred. Has Buhari not done more for the East in terms of projects than Jonathan/PDP ever did? Facts are sacred!
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by AMINDA: 5:31am On Jun 14, 2021
chisky02:

His people withdrew him from the Senate when he stood unopposed to become the Senate President, simply because he joined APC. Then turned around to accuse Buhari of nepotism and marginalization. What could be more politically naïve than that?

The Southeast has always had morbid hatred for Buhari and his party, and they transfer this hatred to whomsoever aligns with him or the party even if from their region, but they demand the world from him in an arrogantly entitled manner.
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Sunsets: 6:16am On Jun 14, 2021
That alright. Fair enough, he should go to his constituency, organize a town hall meeting and then share the good news with them. Brief me later on the outcome.
fergie0o1:

DAILYPOST
Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by Jamesbally: 6:22am On Jun 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised by clarocuzioo(m): 6:35am On Jun 14, 2021
Bishop4real:

What did PDP, for whom Igbos killed themselves, did for Ndi Igbo for the past 16 years they held sway? What?

you think its about APC and PDP foolishness and nonsense?

Find your level little boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Bukola Saraki Plays Basketball In Honor Of D'tigers Victory / More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. / Ambode Walks Against Sexual, Gender Based Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.