Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja (43982 Views)

Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise / Building Calapses At Dawaki, Abuja. Leaving A Lot Trapped. / 2plots Of Land For Sale At Paradise Estate Woji Off Gbalajam Road Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by QueenBee2704: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2021
Okay so this is not true, we all know that 2020 was a heck of a year, and the only thing left in the estate is the infrastructure. Please don’t come online and post things becos you can. They are doing their best and they have delivered a lot of estates in Abuja, im currently living in one and I know this is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by shortgun(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2021
Msadesina:

All these defence on behalf of Paradise estates SUCKS!

Are you aware the first rain in Abuja this year pulled off alot of roof in life camp 1 and the newly completed karimo estate? A friend had to leave his house in life camp 1 while the one in karimo who had her house warming party planned for Eid period had to reschedule because of the unexpected expenses. The roof was pulled off by the rain and the POP damaged, she said she kept praying while the rain lasted.

Meanwhile she had spent her own money to make a new POP before even moving in as the initial one delivered by paradise estate was THRASH. it took the resident association for Paradise estate handlers to agree that residents can bring their receipts for reimbursement after they must have repaired.

I have more facts and receipts when you all their apologists wants it. You know how much people even paid to buy into those houses. Jo rest!
Are you aware that most residents that had issues with their buildings are those who made unauthorized modifications to their houses? Over 200 houses in life camp 1 and only about 3 houses that had some part of their roofs damaged by strong winds.
Is this enough to conclude that all the work done is substandard?
Do you know that the indoor sports centre of the National stadium Abuja built by Berger once had it's roof removed by strong winds? How many of you accused Julius Berger of building substandard structures then ? Let's learn to appreciate our own when people make efforts.

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by victorazy(m): 9:56am On Jun 14, 2021
Msadesina:
A friend bought a property from Paradise estate abuja 3years ago and paid outrightly.

They're the sister company of lekki gardens and was being ran by Blessing, Richard Nyong's sister. Richard is the CEO of lekki gardens, paradise has become quite popular in Abuja but they're a fraud. A company that doesn't keep to their words or honour agreements.

They bought into their IDU SABO project and the agreement was for 12months and 15months in cases of force majeure

They were assured of delivery in 2020 July 31 but they failed, approached again, they wrote again to give till December unfailingly, they failed. Paradise estate wrote in Dec again assuring delivery in Feb 2021, they failed again, then they have sent another letter promising Aug 2021 they will fail again without a doubt! The site has been in the same state as it was in Feb 2021. What's worse is the Mr Romeo (one of their top representative) who use to be the face of paradise in giving word has now resigned.

Paradise estate under the leadership of Richard Nyong is all PR, collect your money and leaving trails of disappointments in Abuja.

Attached is the current state of the said estate and i hope other subscribers will come out to seek accountability because they claimed the estate is sold out
@justwise,

Am in Abuja and I know them very well.

Make una buy an individual land with CofO and give us the architects to design and probably build for u guys BUT u won't agree.

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by Msadesina: 9:57am On Jun 14, 2021
I see you guys are awake now and putting all Machineries to work. Welldone and welcome!

You currently live in one of their estates but you happen to know IDU SABO only has infrastructure left right? Have you ever been there? 2020 was a tough year right? But sorry to burst the bubble, the agreement was for Jan 2020 delivery before covid-19 even got to Nigeria. And since then? Is the estate habitable? Before you truly defend something so despicable, wear the other person's shoes for a bit

QueenBee2704:
Okay so this is not true, we all know that 2020 was a heck of a year, and the only thing left in the estate is the infrastructure. Please don’t come online and post things becos you can. They are doing their best and they have delivered a lot of estates in Abuja, im currently living in one and I know this is not true.

4 Likes

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by SeriouslySense(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2021
This is an eye Opener shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by sonofElElyon: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2021
shortgun:

Don't say what you don't know.
There's no substandard building in any of paradise estates.
There are about 5 estates completed or under construction by paradise estates...if they do substandard buildings do you think people will still subscribe to their estates?
Let's be guided pls.

You are the ignorant party and know next to nothing about lekki gardens and subsidiaries..
Their houses are cheap and that's why they sell briskly

2 Likes

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by ivolt: 10:11am On Jun 14, 2021
zomoears:

In a system that work, yes you can go to court.

How many years will it drag in court in Naija? How much will you pay lawyer? When you get judgement, who will enforce it?

“Highest bidder” police?

marshmonii:

Which court, Nigeria justice system is a big failure

You are part of the problem when you spread misinformation
based on wrong assumption.
Nigerian courts handle breach of contract cases all the time.
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by zomoears(m): 10:17am On Jun 14, 2021
ivolt:

You are part of the problem when you spread misinformation
based on wrong assumption.
Nigerian courts handle breach of contract cases all the time.

I have 2 cases going on now;
Land encroachment and Bad Loan recovery.

Both have seen multiple adjournments and have dragged for more than 2 years now in the very least.

Tell me about your experiences with Nigerian courts if you have any, or shut the fxxx up.
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by genkins(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2021
Krucifax:
This is actually a regular occurrence in the world of estate developers and property sales in Nigeria.
I myself fell victim to one called T.pumpy estates in Abuja.

The problem is this,70-80% of these estate developers and land sellers when advertising land/property for sale don't actually have the land physically available.
They do big promos with flyers and 3d photos of estate buildings with cars parked in the front etc to entice buyers.

What they then do is to collect money from numerous prospective buyers. It's when they've collected enough money that they then go and buy the land behind the scene from the real owners. With the hope of then doing allocation of plots.

This is also when the problem starts. And the problems are numerous. Often they would oversell available plots. Meaning if the land actually available can accommodate only 100 plots of land they will regularly sell over 100 plots on paper to people.E.g 120 plots sales.

This means on almost every estate in Nigeria especially Abuja you'll find people missing out even after full payment. But because there's other people that got land/property then the developers can claim to be legit.

Other times when people put enough pressure on the developers what they do is to start cutting out of the plots size they sold to people to give others. Say for example they advertise plots of 500sqm after payment and plot allocation when you get there you mind discover you only got 400sqm. By the time they have done this to just 4 people they would have got an extra 400sqm to sell which can be anything from 1million naira or much higher in a place like Abuja.

Some times they even do the plot reduction for no other reason but greed to squeeze in more people and make more money. Other times they do it because they never had they full size available in the first place.

Corruption and deceit is common in Nigeria property deals and almost all developers are into it. My advice to prospective buyers is to NEVER NEVER EVER buy property "off plan" in Nigeria. By that I mean where the developers show you an area where they are developing and selling. If you can not first see the physical plot on ground DO NOT part with your money.

For me, I always wonder why someone will atimes invest so much money to live in an estate which often times are open.. As if u are living in the projects..and prone to fraud by these estate companies. Why not buy one of these government houses from thier retired owners and develop to your taste. In Kubwa for example.. Why not buy an area council land in ushafa district.. They guys live like kings with only them in a compound in a well planned area.
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by wetdspace(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2021
Boss this your story, if true, can you provide me all the details,? The name looks familiar and if it is, you might actually get this guy.

Krucifax:
This is actually a regular occurrence in the world of estate developers and property sales in Nigeria.
I myself fell victim to one called T.pumpy estates in Abuja.

The problem is this,70-80% of these estate developers and land sellers when advertising land/property for sale don't actually have the land physically available.
They do big promos with flyers and 3d photos of estate buildings with cars parked in the front etc to entice buyers.

What they then do is to collect money from numerous prospective buyers. It's when they've collected enough money that they then go and buy the land behind the scene from the real owners. With the hope of then doing allocation of plots.

This is also when the problem starts. And the problems are numerous. Often they would oversell available plots. Meaning if the land actually available can accommodate only 100 plots of land they will regularly sell over 100 plots on paper to people.E.g 120 plots sales.

This means on almost every estate in Nigeria especially Abuja you'll find people missing out even after full payment. But because there's other people that got land/property then the developers can claim to be legit.

Other times when people put enough pressure on the developers what they do is to start cutting out of the plots size they sold to people to give others. Say for example they advertise plots of 500sqm after payment and plot allocation when you get there you mind discover you only got 400sqm. By the time they have done this to just 4 people they would have got an extra 400sqm to sell which can be anything from 1million naira or much higher in a place like Abuja.

Some times they even do the plot reduction for no other reason but greed to squeeze in more people and make more money. Other times they do it because they never had they full size available in the first place.

Corruption and deceit is common in Nigeria property deals and almost all developers are into it. My advice to prospective buyers is to NEVER NEVER EVER buy property "off plan" in Nigeria. By that I mean where the developers show you an area where they are developing and selling. If you can not first see the physical plot on ground DO NOT part with your money.

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by H2ho(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2021
Real estate business is a diabolical business grin
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2021
Nigerians and dishonesty...... Once you see the subtle signs just avoid and run from them.
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by ivolt: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Good morning sir. The way most of you make sweeping statements against your nationality is a potpourri of ignorance and arrogance mixed with inferiority complex . This is not fair on a people.
Quit the pretence. Ignorance has no other name.
These victims are parts of those destroying Nigeria's image by failing to follow contract due process.
They are all over Facebook and other social media destroying the credibility of Nigeria's fragile real estate industry with "scam" warnings.

What we are supposed to be seeing is "company x in your over contract scam" but that never happens.

Many are very arrogant and would resort to insult if you advise them on the legal route to take.
"Don't tell me how to complain" is the typical response.

In the first place, nobody signs up for this kind of investment with no paper works, you could have just requested for the papers signed but it's clear you're not familiar with it yet made a sweeping condescending remark.
What kind of planet are you from?
Oh, there are many who sign shoddy or no paperwork at all.
How is it my business to request for their papers?
Anyone willing to invest millions should be sensible enough to involve a lawyer.

This gives an idea of the generation of Nigerians you belong to; that generation that doesn't read ,spend so much time on the social media and have strong opinions on everything.
I actually taught you are reasonable. You are just another noisemaker who choose to cry rather than act.
If you read at all, then you have either been reading useless stuffs or you couldn't understand written words
going by your weak reasoning.

Sir, there are written and unwritten agreements and when people default, they can be invoked. That there's a default does not mean it is because there's no agreement.
So you know there are different kind of agreements?

And court of law is just one of the courts and everywhere in the world, it grinds slowly and still gives room for the guilty one to interfere and buy time, the best approach with long lasting and immediate effect is the court of public opinion.
You mean the court of the mob where the accused is guilty by default?
It is an embarrassment to have defend the court of blackmail.

It is even older than the court of law and don't ever think you will have dirty hands and come out of the verdict reached by court of public opinion. Even judges are scared of court of public opinion.
Judges are scared to do the right thing in lawless or banana republics. If that is your ideal society, then I understand where you are coming from but that is dysfunctional society.

That company is in far deeper trouble than you think sir. That's why corporate culture should never be transactional. There must be a value placed above profit.
That company has no problem at all even if fraudulent, it could always rebrand using "victim's fund and get new suckers. It is those coming after them that will suffer as these noisemakers scare away investors from real estate.

Someone here has confirmed that the company has been in operation for years despite several allegations.
It is either the accusers are liars and blackmailers or they are extremely ignorant of their rights which will be very shameful.

With Nigeria full of suckers like you who prefer making noise than holding contract partners accountable, fraudsters will continue to flourish.

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by famohold(m): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2021
She just registered today to defend
Msadesina:
I see you guys are awake now and putting all Machineries to work. Welldone and welcome!

You currently live in one of their estates but you happen to know IDU SABO only has infrastructure left right? Have you ever been there? 2020 was a tough year right? But sorry to burst the bubble, the agreement was for Jan 2020 delivery before covid-19 even got to Nigeria. And since then? Is the estate habitable? Before you truly defend something so despicable, wear the other person's shoes for a bit

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by neyyoh: 10:53am On Jun 14, 2021
Ooni of ife used this same technique to scam people.

D system doesn't work because everyone wants to game it.

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by Bishop(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Never again will I invest in any stupid company in Nigeria. Even if angel Gabriel endorses it I won't. Once they see money they all japa. I learnt the very hard way. Even if I see the return of investment flowing like water I won't. All of them are thieves. All. Better to use your money yourself ,build yourself and if you can't use the money to eat catfish and peppersoup. Last last na spend you go still spend am. If na country wey dey work them never catch all of them? They are all heart breakers.Sorry bros. Chop breakfast. Na all of us go chop this breakfast. Gbogbo wa la ma je breakfast for investment companies.

When you say all it is Akin to say All Nigerians are bad,I suggest you use the word most or some.

Never say Never
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by clothingonline(m): 11:49am On Jun 14, 2021
I currently have same issue with Adron homes they are yet to refund me

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
ivolt:
Nigerians need basic legal education.
Why would anyone accept ordinary promise in business transactions?
Wasn't there any form of legal agreement between the parties?

Rather than waste time on articles, they should drag the developer to court for breach of contract.

This scam if true will continue as long as the victims refuse to take action but to beg government for intervention
and grant meaningless interviews.

So true!

Insist on a signed contract.

Kindly educate us on this topic please.
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by uboma(m): 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
Curious345:
Lol be calming down

At least you got 25m out of the blues . A money lost in oblivion.
And boom 25m for you .

Take your greedy eyes off my cookie. 20m is just fine .

You and whoever your sister is, both of you, all of you are bloody thieves....

4 Likes

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by armadeo(m): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
caprini1:
The old brigades didn't really leave,but i guess everyone is tired of the mess going on in the forum.

It's a real mess.

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by tammie24: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
ivolt:
Nigerians need basic legal education.
Why would anyone accept ordinary promise in business transactions?
Wasn't there any form of legal agreement between the parties?

Rather than waste time on articles, they should drag the developer to court for breach of contract.

This scam if true will continue as long as the victims refuse to take action but to beg government for intervention
and grant meaningless interviews.
as in eh...
The mata tire me o
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by lereinter(m): 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
There are some business I can never put my money on
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by WantsandMore: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
What if I pay come insure the contract
Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by AmadiAba: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
I passed by the Paradise Estate last month and I could see that they are trying, their homes are built to quality and so organized.

1 Like

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by pafo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
I passed by the Paradise Estate last month and I could see that they are trying, their homes are built to quality and so organized.

I understand that sometimes they cannot deliver, but sometimes they cannot be completely faulted. Government policies sometimes hinder their progress, economic downturns also affects delivery dates. If you run a business that hinges on economic projections you would understand what I’m saying.

I think it’s only fair we understand why the delay before we start dragging people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
I understand your frustration that they didn’t deliver on time as at the time they said they will, but the state of the economy might delay their promise. The best we can do is give them time to deliver.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by Man102: 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
I don’t think Paradise Abuja is a get-rich quick scheme, I’ve seen their estates and I know they deliver on their words.

I live in Lifecamp and I can attest they deliver their estates.

4 Likes

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by Kosiso12(f): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Haba, we can say a whole real estate is scam when we can see evident of them delivering beautiful estates. For example see an aerial view of their LIfeCamp estate, so beautiful and elegant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja by bashbilly(m): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
I know this place i dont advice anybody to even buy apartment
Very poor infrastructure little rain keep removing the roof

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos / Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.