Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces (21150 Views)

Are Female Members Of Nigerian Armed Forces Allowed To Plait Their Hair / NPOWER Has Changed My Career Prospect. / Police Officer Demoted For Assaulting Medical Doctor In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
lexy2014:

I think u are mistaken. D medical personnel u are referring to that are attached to units on d battlefield, aren't medical doctors. When medical doctors enter d military, they enter as commissioned officers and are very unlikely to handle a weapon in battle.

D set of military personnel that are attached to battle units on d battlefield, are non commissioned officers (NCOs) who do most of d fighting. What happens is that when recruitment is done for NCOs, d recruits don't enter d military with any formal tertiary qualifications. After recruitment, they are posted to different corps in d military, like infantry, education, MP, medical, engineering and so on. There, they are trained on d various skills according to d demands of their various corps. So it's d NCOs trained in d medical corp that are attached to battle units not medical doctors

You dont know what you are saying.

If you are in the army and they send you to Borno, will you say you are not going?

I have medical doctor friends in the army by the way.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
Islamabadd:
Join the army.

The bigger the crowd, the better cash.

Don't look at salary, its just MSS standard.

But if you hold a command position eg even managing an MRS not to talk of a hospital, for one year is enough to pay you the equivalent of a consultants salary for 5 years.

But you gotta use your head...

If you liaise with the corps Heaquaters, your CO and finance, you'll take home almost 100 m in 5 years...

Once again, if you know you know.

First hand experience!

So he should base his life on stolen funds while the soldiers struggle to get basic medications?

Are yiu not part of the problem in this Country?

3 Likes

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Islamabadd: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
HBB1:

So he should base his life on stolen funds while the soldiers struggle to get basic medications?

Are yiu not part of the problem in this Country?

Are you normal?

Did I mention stolen or stealing here?

Nawa oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by lexy2014: 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
HBB1:

You dont know what you are saying.

If you are in the army and they send you to Borno, will you say you are not going?

I have medical doctor friends in the army by the way.

Congratulations for having medical friends in d military. That's now an achievement. Despite that achievement, u haven't been able to negate one thing I said. Obviously, it's u who doesn't no what u are saying because u haven't even said anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
Just like the First person said, Navy is good but I'll advise you to join Air force which I feel it's more suitable. Army is also a good choice because they pay Medical personnel Scheme (MSS) from WHO and your starting salary with MSS in the army as Lieutenant is around 280-320k. My advise is you should sit down and think of the armed forces you like and make a good decision. Thanks
Aaronzy:
Pls my fellow nairalanders
I'm a medical doctor hoping to join one of the armed forces soon
Pls which do you think is best for s medical doctor ?
Ur reasons are needed.. tnx
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
The less Corruption in Navy is the reason why you dad enjoyed a lot. Army pass MSS while Navy dont which means Army earn more.
Gucciboy1:
I'll advise you join the Navy, my dad is a retired Navy Surgeon Commodore, and I can tell he enjoyed a lot of benefits compared to his peers in the Army, I don't know about Air force welfare
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
Do you think it's easy to Get a job in Canada or USA as a doctor. The cost of moving there and other professional courses to do before being able to practice is ridiculous. Please have sense
tafabaloo:
Bros, I dey pity you !
During this era of ungun-known men and bandits/militants ?
If I were you I'll rather plough my energy elsewhere.
Dem say dem no wan see you for Canada and USA ?

Someone below suggested that you make ur future children proud. Atleast, if not for anything dem go get green paali.

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
So, Air Forcd has started paying MSS
Doctorfitz:
Airforce is ur best bet..... flying officer salary as someone' on Mss is 340k whilst ur fellow flying officers are on 220k and that's the lowest rank as a dssc officer.. I passed on d opportunity now d country deh make me konk myself grin
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by tete7000(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aaronzy:

You can join any, but make sure you aim at becoming a surgeon because that is the only way you can attain the top ranks.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by hybridblood07(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
You're useless
sapphiere:
R.I.P in advance
Don't forget to give your ATM password to your wife or girlfriend. Because retrieving the dead's money from the bank is hard these days.

3 Likes

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by QueTeddy: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
Navy or Airforce is the way to go. As a certified doctor, you'll get the rank of Major in the Army or the same level in both Airforce or Navy.

But if you're looking for the best to join, it would by anything aside Army.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Mason360(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aaronzy:

AIRFORCE IS CHILLING BRO. I SCHOOLED IN THE BASE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE DOCTORS THERE ARE BALLERS. SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. NO CAP!

ARMY IS ALSO A GOOD OPTION: MY COUSIN IS A DOCTOR IN THE ARMY IN TARABA. HE'S DOING VERY WELL. FORGET NAYSAYERS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2021
hybridblood07:
You're useless
lalasticlala mynd44 seun rule 2
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by jansonn(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
Guy, I'm in medical school presently and I can't imagine joining Nigeria military after all this stress and be killed. Please, listen to our senior. Colleagues above, do pp and gather some cash and jakpa even if it's an African country. I don't advice you to join this military Shaa. It's better you even take primaries and start resedency rather than this one. All the best shaa
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Vick4v: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aaronzy:
Oga Dokita think am well o....

https://www.nairaland.com/5029583/akewukereke-babatunde-boko-haram-kills
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by NewDelhi(m): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
lexy2014:

I think u are mistaken. D medical personnel u are referring to that are attached to units on d battlefield, aren't medical doctors. When medical doctors enter d military, they enter as commissioned officers and are very unlikely to handle a weapon in battle.

D set of military personnel that are attached to battle units on d battlefield, are non commissioned officers (NCOs) who do most of d fighting. What happens is that when recruitment is done for NCOs, d recruits don't enter d military with any formal tertiary qualifications. After recruitment, they are posted to different corps in d military, like infantry, education, MP, medical, engineering and so on. There, they are trained on d various skills according to d demands of their various corps. So it's d NCOs trained in d medical corp that are attached to battle units not medical doctors

You just said nonsense. Next time if you aren't sure of what you're saying , just keep quiet.

Who told you commisoned officers don't do battle? Below is the picture of a brigadier general on the battle field fighting Boko Haram some years back . He was killed. Yes you heard me right, a whole brigadier general

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Mummyfour(f): 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
htdot:
My brother, it better you rent two bedroom and turn it to hospital than to join the nigerian armforce..
grin grin chai!! This is savage abeg
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by MightySparrow: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aaronzy:
Northern Army and Nigerian Army
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Good Idea but now isn't the right time to join the NA, except you don't mind the consequences. Our government lacks equipment to fight terrorism. They're underfunded too and that's the fact these people won't tell us. They lie a lot. Baba Gana Monguno tried to unearth some facts but kept quiet after he was being threatened. Senator Ali Ndume who chairs the military committee also said he hasn't seen any soldier with a new AK47 bought out of the billions of dollar earmarked for military equipment purchases... To make the matter worse, boko haram have informants in the army. They've infiltrated our Police, Customs and Immigration too. There are likes of Pantami everywhere ( those who hold key political offices but play allegiance to the various terror groups codedly) No matter how hard you try there's a saboteur who would want to hand you over to BH at the slightest opportunity. That's why we keep praying for our brave soldiers out there.

I'd rather advise you drop this idea. You may consider working overseas like in the UK. You may ask any of your colleagues already working there on how they got recruited. Alternatively, form a group practice with your colleagues and start something. Good luck

How does that make them underfunded...close to a quarter of the national budget is spent on the armed services, these guys are getting the cash but it's not going to the right places. The average Nigerian General is a billionaire, these days.

Boko war is big business
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Banks22(m): 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
You can join any of the armed forces as medical doctor the benefit are mush... Last copral in medical @ army collects N450k twice in a year as entitlement from WHO... Aside from salary and co... U will be promoted rapidly i can assure you...
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Gireiboy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
NewDelhi:

You just said nonsense. Next time if you aren't sure of what you're saying , just keep quiet.

Who told you commisoned officers don't do battle? Below is the picture of a brigadier general on the battle field fighting Boko Haram some years back . He was killed. Yes you heard me right, a whole brigadier general
These is a colonel, judging by the rank on his chest.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Scientist89(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
How is that rank a Brig Gen?
NewDelhi:

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by NewDelhi(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Gireiboy:

These is a colonel, judging by the rank on his chest.
Yes that was when he was a Colonel. He also fought as a brig gen. Which you can find below. He died a brig gen

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Congratulations for having medical friends in d military. That's now an achievement. Despite that achievement, u haven't been able to negate one thing I said. Obviously, it's u who doesn't no what u are saying because u haven't even said anything

Dude I spent time in the Military and I still have friends there.

Doctors have been killed by Boko Haram, and others have lost their limbs due to land mines.

One of my friends just left Borno, and he was at the front!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by NewDelhi(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Scientist89:
How is that rank a Brig Gen?
Stop arguing

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
Islamabadd:

Are you normal?

Did I mention stolen or stealing here?

Nawa oooo!

How will the commanding officer make 100million in 5 years?

You think I am a dunce?

CO liaises with CFO and Brigade Commander ( or his Chief of Staff) and they share money meant for the MRS....

Abi no be so?!

While soldiers are treated like dogs!

I say it again, you are part of the problem of the country!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by perdollar(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
Join ISWAP or ESN
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by lexy2014: 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
HBB1:

Dude I spent time in the Military and I still have friends there.

Doctors have been killed by Boko Haram, and others have lost their limbs due to land mines.

One of my friends just left Borno, and he was at the front!

Oga, u haven't negated a single point I made in my comment. Until u do that, u have said absolutely nothing
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
QueTeddy:
Navy or Airforce is the way to go. As a certified doctor, you'll get the rank of Major in the Army or the same level in both Airforce or Navy.

But if you're looking for the best to join, it would by anything aside Army.

Oga, na Lieutenant o!

The time of Captain straight away in the Army and the other armed forces has passed.
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by HBB1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Oga, u haven't negated a single word I made in my comment. Until u do that, u have said absolutely nothing

Said absolutely nothing?!

You dey read so?

Officers are not sent to the front?
Or Doctors?

How about the Doctors that have died in Borno?

Wetin did one dey talk?!

Abeg abeg!

Or was this guy an NCO?

https://www.nairaland.com/5029583/akewukereke-babatunde-boko-haram-kills

Just dey yarn rubbish!
Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
HBB1:

Said absolutely nothing?!

You dey read so?

Officers are not sent to the front?
Or Doctors?

How about the Doctors that have died in Borno?

Wetin did one dey talk?!

Abeg abeg!

Once again, u haven't negated a single word I made in my comment. Until u do that, u have said absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces by Islamabadd: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
HBB1:

You think I am a dunce?

You have said so.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Diamond Bank Branch Mbaise In IMO State Celebrates Children's Day In Style / 2015 In Retrospect: How I Balanced Blogging And My Full Time Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.