Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband (63443 Views)

Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) / Delta Man Forced To Drink Water Used In Bathing His Brother's Corpse. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by cooljoe(m): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
They should arrest anyone who attempts to compel her to do that nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by emmnprince(m): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
TBD:
Igbo people will claiming they are wise and they have travel wide but still engage in dirty traditional.

It ones that are wise and have traveled wide don't engage in this dirty and inhuman tradition.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unhealthy living. Every evening na beer and fish and nkwobi.Pot bellies are growing in geometric proportion and very few of them go for medical check-up. No be their fault sha, they hardly know any other way of having fun than to hang out in a bar, eat meat and drink beer

delzbaba:
maybe they poisoned the water, but wait why are this ibo bizmen dying so young this days.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Silvernus2020(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]
Claim one: Jesus is often mentioned in church.

Claim two: If demon hears the name of Jesus Christ, it trembles and vanishes.

Your claim: A demon goes to church doesn’t change it

so what is now the essence of the church the demon entered when what you people do claim is “if a demon hears the name of Jesus, it will tremble and vanish”?

That means you people are lying!

Please listen and I will give answer to your questions, first I'm a Christian but I'm not into religion. I don't have a particular church I'm tied too, and I don't have a spiritual father as it were,...... Just for clarification purposes!

Here's my Answer

Only those to whom power is given can command spirit and call forth things that be not, make alterations in the spirit , perform diversity of things in the physical but then affecting the spirit, only few, only few....... For some we call it Divine, so we call a Gift other are passed down through their lineage,.....

So when a person mentions the name Jesus and devils trembles, my dear it's a gift and it has nothing to do with Christianity,....... When we read our Bible very well, we'll find out that there was a certain person casting out devils in Christ's name and the disciples were trying to rebuke him,...... Let me stop here!

Thanks for reading.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by UCHIHAmask: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmnprince:
Had a heated argument with one of my colleague who is a fan of upholding customs and traditions, especially traditions handed down from our ancestors.

I was of the opinion that traditions were made by men of old and can be modified or altered to fit our world, especially when it conflict with our belief system acquired overtime from learning, practice and experience.

He was of a strong opinion and vehemently sounded it to me that all traditions, whether barbaric or not, should be strictly practised like the one shared by the OP. I disagreed with him on this and told him it is a matter of choice and shouldn't be enforced on those who choose not to practice, as some of these practices are inhumane, barbaric and goes contrary to our logical reasoning and newfound belief.

As for me, I am selective with traditional practices. Those ones that I see that does not go against my belief and or that is not barbaric, I "may" observe, but if it goes against, like idol worship and sacrifices to idols, and some other barbaric ones, I discard such thought, let alone, observe them.
you are sane and intelligent,i can't speak much about your friend...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by November24(f): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
illicit:
Dirty people

Very dirty bro.
What nonsense.

4 children?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by GeneralPula: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
mrsage:

Undetected medical problems. It's a major killer in Nigeria today.

Lifestyle, diet etc.

Life expectancy in Nigeria is really low.

When last did you go for a proper medical check up?

People wey dey do ritual

Life expectancy ma foot..
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by UCHIHAmask: 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
pacespot:
This barbaric culture is still existing I remember those days when an igbo person died in the south west, they will come and carry the corpse and feast on it. They say it is an abomination to allow their own buried in a foreign land.
the culture you just spoke of isn't a bad one atall,so stay off!!!!!
if you died in a strange land,is it proper to be buried there?
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by orisa37: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
WICKED CULTURE.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by MrFly(m): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
They are all Christian's yet they want the living to taste water from the land of the dead
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by HardBishop: 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Biafran culture is disgusting.
Stupid people.
DOT IN A CIRCLE.

Na mumu u beoo. Upon the oil God bless your southern region. Nothing to show for it. So shameful the northern parasites are eating and licking your POT OF SOUP
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by UCHIHAmask: 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
hakym619:

Wooooooow!! So she's Yoruba. Now that's the importance of using signs on consonants.

Thanks for the response. I'm delighted, getting a response from you is like getting one from queen Elizabeth.

Lol.
wtf!!!
why do men keep acting like this!!!!
whc one you dey compare am to queen elizabeth now,men just dey Bleep up,go straight to what u want no dey branch,this shit dey boost unguided gals ego unneccessary...
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Goldbw122(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hmm this is a bad tradition, and this is a modern age for crying out loud I don't know why family are still pressing up with this kind of ideal and culture..
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by delzbaba(m): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
davodyguy:

Checking vitals is not the same as a proper medical check and diagnosis.

You need to do at least once a year

1. FBC
2. FLP
3. Kidney function test
4. Liver function test
5. HIV
6. H pylori
7. X Ray
8. E.C.G
9. Abdominal Scan

With ₦50,000 you can do all these
thanks where is your lab?
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by HardBishop: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
Praxis758:
That's barbaric.

So people still practised this archaic culture in the 21st century.

And this part of the country claims to be civilised and educated more than the core northerners.

An end should be put to that inhuman treatment.

Upon this rubbish comments, you can't do without us������ shikena
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by UCHIHAmask: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
emmnprince:

You are taking it literally that's why you won't understand!

So does it mean it is only when the children of God meet at a place to worship and at the mention of the name of Jesus that demons tremble and vanish?

It is more to that that the eye can see & your mind can reason!
there is nothing more to see,the mind can comprehend many things,you are just evading and escaping at the same time by leaving things vague..
mirror of what your pastors do
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by UCHIHAmask: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2021
Kinematics:

Very barbaric people. Ndi Jews of Aflica...
i'm igbo,biafran,yet i find this funny,the meme goes with the word "ndi jews of aflica"
hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ajseyi89: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
its the DIACs people on the beat again...
(Dot In A Circle)....na dem..
We are not surprised..
Thats why the population of Igbo ladies marrying Yoruba men has increased drastically...
Yeye culture from the DIACs Tribe... grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by revolt(m): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
Why would anybody do that eeeewwww?
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ajseyi89: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
The DIACfras won't change...later they will claim they gat civilization first...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ajseyi89: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
Like for DIACFRA....
Share for BIAFRA..
grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Gjmff: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
Jesus
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Akharmony: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
Pple deh suffer oo
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Guyman02: 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2021
Killermamba:

Its obvious they want to murder this woman, drinking the water missed with formalin use for his preservation will kill her
I guess you are right, then they will claim that juju has killed her. Wicked people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ruggman: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Biafran culture is disgusting.
Stupid people.
DOT IN A CIRCLE.

You are very very stupid for insulting a whole. Nation over an isolated case
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Guyman02: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
zicoraads:
The Igbos still do this?
nothing to do with Igbos but wicked inlaws who want to kill that woman

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ajseyi89: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
[A pained DIACFRA spotted...lol...author=Ruggman post=102724494]

You are very very stupid for insulting a whole. Nation over an isolated case[/quote]
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ajseyi89: 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
A pained DIACFRAN spotted.... grin
Ruggman:

You are very very stupid for insulting a whole. Nation over an isolated case
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by miraculousGod(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
in this era of Corona virus? ncdc should intervene
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Praxis758: 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
HardBishop:

Upon this rubbish comments, you can't do without us������ shikena

Yes, folks from your ethnicity are known for exporting drugs and fraud into the outside world. Those are the two main comparative commondities your ethnic kinsmen are known for.

Your kinsmen are the brand/synonyms of 'Fulani jihadists' for Nigerian identity in the Europe, America and Asia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State / Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.