Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband (63438 Views)

Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) / Delta Man Forced To Drink Water Used In Bathing His Brother's Corpse. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by mechanics(m): 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hmmmmm, so this tradition of a thing is still being practice in the real sense, I thought it's only in films, but her in-laws are wicked.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Obynolee(f): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
ablejesus26:
Nonsense story extracted from Nollywood ��.

It is real,I know them personally but there is more to the story, I suspect a cover-up because the man died mysteriously and what killed him was in the village when he went to the burial of his wife's sister father in-law, he lived happily with his wife in Lagos.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Unrated900(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Backward people
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by delpee(f): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hmm! That's risky. The water isn't fit for human consumption. One could die due to an illness arising from this. Then she'll still get blamed cos it will be interpreted as nemesis catching up with her. I feel so sorry for her and the children. Double jeopardy!!
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by loliapoopy2013(f): 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
They don't even love their brother because know that the water will definitely kill her, not thinking of his children, they just want to use it as excuse to take the husband's property and render the children useless when she is dead.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ekpeitit(m): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
HardBishop:

Na mumu u beoo. Upon the oil God bless your southern region. Nothing to show for it. So shameful the northern parasites are eating and licking your POT OF SOUP
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Ekpeitit(m): 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
Northern parasites are better than Eastern parasites. Isn't it because of the same oil you're begging us everyday to join Biafra?
Thunder fire you and your Biafra.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Yemi7up: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Jashub:
This is one of the reasons why the gospel of Jesus needs to spread quickly. How can people be this fetish in belief...? Chai!
Are you sure those people are not Christians or don't claim to be born again.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Yemi7up: 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
This and many barbaric act going on at the eastern part of the country that their youth needs to rise and speak against but no thier only problem is Tinubu and what is happening in Lagos and yorubaland generally. This is wickedness in 20121.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Yemi7up: 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2021
NewDelhi:
Some cultures in Nigeria even require you to sleep with the corpse in a locked room for 3 days.
It is same Igbo culture not some culture.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by vickydevoka(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
illicit:
Dirty people
If she drinks it she must die. Cus 90% of women kill there husband directly or indirectly
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by vickydevoka(m): 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
TBD:
Igbo people will claiming they are wise and they have travel wide but still engage in dirty traditional.
Igbo people tradition especially Anambra hardly get abolished
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by megley(f): 9:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
If to say na the woman die, dem go give the man water to drink

Rubbish!!!
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by illicit(m): 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
vickydevoka:

If she drinks it she must die. Cus 90% of women kill there husband directly or indirectly

Anybody that drinks such water will fall sick and may die

It's unhygienic
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by chiefolododo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
NewDelhi:
Some cultures in Nigeria even require you to sleep with the corpse in a locked room for 3 days.
seriously ??
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Jesmion(m): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
Jashub:
This is one of the reasons why the gospel of Jesus needs to spread quickly. How can people be this fetish in belief...? Chai!
i guess they didnt cook the water to avoid infection; you shouldnt drink a contaminated water, the custom has side effect, in the sense that we need to drink clean water to prevent virus, but the water should be boiled before drinking it, if not, better is to swear than to drink such unboiled water!
water that was used to wash something is a contaminated water, it needs to be boiled and filter it before using it for anything!

+2348082363605
+2348036305824
Firstbank: 3035765634
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by sophxx: 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]You aren’t still making sense.
What are demons still doing in church when you claim the name of Jesus trembles and vanishes them?
I think he's actually telling you about fake and false christians/christianity. Jesus Himself said it that many will come in His name which means devil and his agents can sure visit anyone in the name of Jesus. And mind you just because you know and can call on the name of Jesus doesn't mean you are safe and that demon will tremble when you call the name of Jesus. You have to be of Jesus at heart and in spirit before you can enjoy all that and more.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Chirowman(m): 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
What an archaic and evil family,it might even be the accuser that killed they dead man but is pretending in other to prove useless point . He has an ulterior motive towards the bereaved widow ,this kind of people doesn't need to exist . They will kill in private and come in public to ask who killed .may God protect us from this kind evil people in our families.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by ukaface(f): 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Biafran culture is disgusting.
Stupid people.
DOT IN A CIRCLE.
it's a CULTURE dude.
You can't be abusing them because of their culture, it's what defines them. You are a bitter soul. Very bitter and full of hate.

This I have seen

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by HabaHaba: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2021
illicit:
Dirty people

Your whole tribe and generations are born dirty and foolish.
How do you berate a people's culture because it seems unreasonable to you bastardt?!!!
I don't blame you, it's because your Bigoted and Highly tribalised father is in the helms of affairs!

Can u imagine this error of nature?!!!
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by EvangelistChuks(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:
You don’t need anybody’s gospel here.
These are the same people who attend almost every church service and masses and listen to the same gospel you are talking about.

What they need is common sense and civilization As being in the water doesn't make you a fish,same way being in Church doesn't mean you have the life of the Church (Jesus Christ).
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by ChukwuObe: 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
Jashub:

I thought these people call themselves descendants of Israel? Is this how they do in Israel? Jesus will just be laughing at these fake people who are children of the Devil but calling themselves children of Almighty God. God indeed cannot be mocked
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by ablejesus26(m): 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
nsiba:

Extracted straight from Anambra, a state famous for snake worshiping

Abia. Nkogheri unu di 2much biko.

There is no place in Igboland where such nonsense is practice again.
It's either this is the normal wack Nollywood storyline or it's just a staged and well arranged performance.
There is nothing some Nigerians will not do just to trend.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by macjurek(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
Dear Ndi Igbo,Anambrian,
This is too cruel and barbaric for the family and brothers of a dead man,to collect corpse water and forcing a widow still in agony of a lost husband.

The Igbo people which I know,I guess the widow is educated, they want to kill her and collect the husband properties.

Shame! Shame!! Shame !!!,educated illiterates and culture addicts and people of double standards...... Dear Widow God will give you victory and be very careful with the family, so they do not kill you by diabolic means.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by IAMPEDRO: 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ukpaka:

https://independent.ng/i-wont-drink-water-used-to-bath-my-late-husband-widow-cries-out/

File Photo
Very annoying tradition, if the man died in questionable conditions the woman is told to swore an oath or drink whatever they call it.
If the woman died under same circumstances everything is swept under the carpet. Our fore fathers sha are too bias.
Africans preferences are too much on the male gender.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by HabaHaba: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
SaintLucia:
I thought these dots in the circle tribe have abandoned this their dirty tradition.

May you never be relevant to even be given ay identity at all, wether a dot or not!

Education without enlightened mind =foolish thinking!
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Stanleyq: 11:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Biafran culture is disgusting.
Stupid people.
DOT IN A CIRCLE.
who is this locus bean called ekpei or okpei,
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by Stanleyq: 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
MrSly:
Man has appointed himself judge over fellow man. A man cant even drink his own bathe water let alone drinking that of a corpse. Imagine the traumatic condition a poor bereaved widow is being subjected to for the sake of superstition.
bet me, one of de man's bros killed him and not his wife.
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by TheMostComplex1: 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
This's arrant nonsense
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by TheMostComplex1: 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
macjurek:
Dear Ndi Igbo,Anambrian,
This is too cruel and barbaric for the family and brothers of a dead man,to collect corpse water and forcing a widow still in agony of a lost husband.

The Igbo people which I know,I guess the widow is educated, they want to kill her and collect the husband properties.

Shame! Shame!! Shame !!!,educated illiterates and culture addicts and people of double standards...... Dear Widow God will give you victory and be very careful with the family, so they do not kill you by diabolic means.

Those relatives of the man are evil
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by ThatFairGuy: 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
Very barbaric and archaic People.

It won't surprise me anylonger how juliusmalema behaves angry
Re: Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband by 9jaRealist: 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State / Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.