Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,603 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes (3086 Views)

No Going Back On Grazing Routes Recovery – FG / SANS Fault Presidency's Attack On Grazing Ban, NEF Slams Buhari / Ban On Grazing: Miyetti Allah Backs Southern Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by omonnakoda: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I am surprised that you are proud in your ignorance.

The constitution grants you the right to move to any part of the country with your properties.

You cannot move into my house which is PART OF THE COUNTRY

You are free to move to Nicon Noga Hilton as long as you are paying the bills

You do not have a right to live there for free

1 Like

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by caprini1: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
History555:
The NW and NE are four times larger in land mass than the entire southern nigeria. Yet they are fighting for land in the south. It's obvious that fulani have an hidden agenda.
Pls see the top countries exporting cow / Cattle ,they all practice ranching,but these guys selling malnourished cows, won't leave Nigerians to drink water and drop cups.

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
yorubarere:

But you can't question your own logical reasoning and education by supporting open grazing and trespassing on others people's lands and properties. Double standards

You are the one that allowed emotions to cloud your reasoning capability.

As long as you are in Nigeria, the constitution of Nigeria supercedes your yoruba nation scam.

Open gazing is not unconstitutional neither is gazing route unconstitutional.

What is unconstitutional is not allowing people to move freely from one place to another to trade.

If you can move from one part of the country to another, every Nigerian has that right.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
yorubarere:

I am done engaging you cos it seem you don't engage your cognitive abilities in discussions.

Go on boy, tell buhari and ur other kinsmen to make their own laws. But here, we will always beat you with sense and laws

You mean the law you created in your house angry
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by omonnakoda: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

As long as you are in Nigeria, the constitution of Nigeria supercedes your yoruba nation scam.

What is unconstitutional is not allowing people to move freely from one place to another to trade.

If you can move from one part of the country to another, every Nigerian has that right.

Open grazing means moving cows through private property
Do you dispute that?

1 Like

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by yorubarere: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
omonnakoda:

Open grazing means moving cows through private property
Do you dispute that?
Using logic with that boy is a lost cause.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by omonnakoda: 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You mean the law you created in your house angry

As far back as 1969 this matter was settled

Sunday, January 24, 2021 10:19 am | Daily News Headlines | 2 Comment(s)

FILE PHOTO: A herdsman in Nigeria

By Abankula
From tomorrow, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s seven-day grace to herdsmen to comply with a slew of rules will become effective.

PlayUnmute
Fullscreen
VDO.AI
With the rules being challenged by Aso Rock and Miyetti Allah, a legal boost for correctness of the order has emerged in a revelation that a 1969 judgement in Abeokuta, Ogun state outlawed open cattle grazing.

The judgment, which was not challenged, was given by Justice Adewale Thompson on 17 April, 1969 in Suit no AB/26/66.

Johnson died in 2004 at the age of 82, his last role in retirement being secretary of Yoruba Elders Council(YCE).

In his judgement, the jurist pronounced:

“I do not accept the contention of Defendants that a custom exists which imposes an obligation on the owner of farm to fence his farm whilst the owner of cattle allows his cattle to wander like pests and cause damage. Such a custom if it exists, is unreasonable and I hold that it is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and therefore unenforceable…in that it is highly unreasonable to impose the burden of fencing a farm on the farmer without the corresponding obligation on the cattle owner to fence in his cattle.”

“Sequence to that I banned open grazing for it is inimical to peace and tranquility and the cattle owners must fence or ranch their animals for peace to reign in these communities.”

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/24/herdsmen-high-court-bans-open-grazing-akeredolu-rules-effective-tomorrow/

1 Like

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
You just wasted your time bro. You don't reason logically with these braindead Fulani muppets. You think all you typed there will magically make him start reasoning? They don't come with brains, so they don't have that natural ability to use it.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by omonnakoda: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
yorubarere:

Using logic with that boy is a lost cause.
He is just trying to lengthen his foolish thread but it is important not to leave the foolishness unreplied
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Biodun556(m): 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
yorubarere:
HIS POST

MY RESPONSE
1. There is nothing like grazing routes for cows. We herd goats, pigs and rear chickens here and didn't ask FG for preferential treatments. Why must Fulani be given people's lands to graze cos they herd cows? Is cows better than pork?

2. Constitution of Nigeria guarantee freedom of movement for HUMANS not cows or any other animals.... Except you are equating cows to humans and giving them those rights, and if you do, then maybe you should check your brain for some glitches. Meanwhile pigs are prohibited in core Sharia states and we southerners living there are not complaining and we are even yet to ban your cows. We only banned open grazing for security reason. No one is against ranching your cows but you won't just do it cos u think you deserve the lands for free.

3. Igbo and Yoruba go to north to do business permissible by your religious laws despite being against the federal Constitutions. The constitution biding us together says we are a seculiar country but you still went ahead to make your own laws against Christians occupants. For example we can't sell alcoholic drinks and pork meats. So, we don't have freedom of business as you deceifully wanted to paint. You decide what you want to ban but still want to decide what we can't ban, is that not blatant hypocrisy?

4. No one is stopping Fulani ethnic stock from moving from north to south. All we are saying are simple:
a. Buy lands to do your business
b. Freedom of movement doesn't translate to freedom to trespass. Else thieves won't be committing offence by raiding homes.

5. Equating freedom of speech with trespass is so insane I can't just put a word on it and I don't want to call you names. There is no where in the constitution that freedom of movement was given to animals or freedom of movement was given to trespass on others people properties and investments.

6. And ur PS is pure BS, Fulani doesn't pay taxes or rents. They just enter forests and set up camps without buying those lands or take permission from the local authorities.

Overall
I think you guys are confused, most of the aggression coming from Fulani herdsmen stems from the fact that you think federal govt owns the lands and can give it to whoever it's likes. Biggest mistakes. The land use acts of 1979 puts the state govt in charge of the lands and federal govt have no rights whatsoever to dictate whatever the locals decided to do with it. That is why some of your educated fellows wanted to pass backstage to input ruga and water resources bills to short-change us. But in education, thinking and civility, the south are miles ahead of you guys so we casted devilish idea.

PS: And lastly, Buhari govt is not helping the Fulani, but u all think he does. What he is doing is turning the other ethnic nationalities against them and if not controlled Rwanda might just be a child play in few years to come.

Best legacy Buhari can give you Fulani is buying/renting ranches for you guys in the North. Ofcourse not with govt funds. He can only subsidize materials to help set you up else he will be held to do same for poultry farmers and pigries.

See below screenshot of Nigerian constitution for freedom of movements. Clearly stated for humans (Nigerians) not for any animals or trades.

Thank you for bailing me out, I didn't how to handle the guy's ignorance and arrogance
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by yorubarere: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
omonnakoda:

As far back as 1969 this matter was settled

Sunday, January 24, 2021 10:19 am | Daily News Headlines | 2 Comment(s)

FILE PHOTO: A herdsman in Nigeria

By Abankula
From tomorrow, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s seven-day grace to herdsmen to comply with a slew of rules will become effective.

PlayUnmute
Fullscreen
VDO.AI
With the rules being challenged by Aso Rock and Miyetti Allah, a legal boost for correctness of the order has emerged in a revelation that a 1969 judgement in Abeokuta, Ogun state outlawed open cattle grazing.

The judgment, which was not challenged, was given by Justice Adewale Thompson on 17 April, 1969 in Suit no AB/26/66.

Johnson died in 2004 at the age of 82, his last role in retirement being secretary of Yoruba Elders Council(YCE).

In his judgement, the jurist pronounced:

“I do not accept the contention of Defendants that a custom exists which imposes an obligation on the owner of farm to fence his farm whilst the owner of cattle allows his cattle to wander like pests and cause damage. Such a custom if it exists, is unreasonable and I hold that it is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and therefore unenforceable…in that it is highly unreasonable to impose the burden of fencing a farm on the farmer without the corresponding obligation on the cattle owner to fence in his cattle.”

“Sequence to that I banned open grazing for it is inimical to peace and tranquility and the cattle owners must fence or ranch their animals for peace to reign in these communities.”

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/24/herdsmen-high-court-bans-open-grazing-akeredolu-rules-effective-tomorrow/

He will either dodge or say it is nonsense. These guys thinking process beats me. And this one is supposed to be an educated Fulani o. So the ones we are dealing with inside the bush are multiple folds worst off.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Biodun556(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Does open grazing means grazing cows over people's farms and properties?
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by ShadowCracker(m): 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
omonnakoda why do have a problem with open grazing.

Are you no longer an eru Fulani undecided.

You can only wail on social media, north owns Nijeriya they call shots.

Same way you can't do nothing about the monopoly of Fulani's in MMIA and seaport in Apapa.

Support Yoruba nation beyen, or keep being an eru Fulani.
Choice is yours.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by yorubarere: 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
You just wasted your time bro. You don't reason logically with these braindead Fulani muppets. You think all you typed there will magically make him start reasoning? They don't come with brains, so they don't have that natural ability to use it.
You are definitely right. The ways he has being behaving himself on this thread speaks a lot.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by yorubarere: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
Biodun556:

Thank you for bailing me out, I didn't how to handle the guy's ignorance and arrogance
He is still behaving irrational despite trying to engage him in a logical way
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
Biodun556:

Does open grazing means grazing cows over people's farms and properties?

I wrote that if a cow gaze on private property and destroy any property, the herders is responsible for damage.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
yorubarere:

He is still behaving irrational despite trying to engage him in a logical way

There was nothing logical in what you wrote down.

Keep hailing your ignorance
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by baralatie(m): 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The constitution grants you the right to move to any part of the country with your properties.
Oga you can move with your properties and habit at any where you choose to reside in consultation with the laws of where you choose to reside.
If you leave abuja with your 5 bedroom duplex building on top of your car to kadunna.you need c of o to locate that 5 bedroom duplex building anywhere in kadunna state and you must pay all fees required by the state govt.and kadunna state has powers by the constitution to do so!
Same thing if a fulani cattle herder says he wants to move with 1000 cows from sokoto to anywhere in Nigeria.he must apply for use of land to either accommodate for the purpose of selling which is provided for in the creation of markets ad abbatoirs of the 36 states or if he wants to be involved in livestock farming ,he will apply for the state for land to practice cattle ranching or farming!
The constitution does not allow for trespassing of land in the name of open grazing!

1 Like

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by omonnakoda: 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I wrote that if a cow gaze on private property and destroy any property, the herders is responsible for damage.

Is there any property that is not private? or owned by the state government?

If you are driving your car apart from the roads can you drive your car anywhere you like?

Even quarantine laws are enough to stop the unrestricted movement of animals because they carry diseases, they defecate and urinate on the ground thereby posing a public health risk

Government has the power to licence and regulate the movement of cattle

The exact provision for freedom of movement in the constitution exists in the US but they don't have animals roaming wildly. Why not??

1 Like

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
Biodun556:

Lets imagine, you move from osun state to ondo state according to what that poster posted, the constitution says you are not to move with your properties, you are suppose to leave your property behind and go to your new residence.

According to him, if you go with your properties, you are breaking the law.

grin grin
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by yorubarere: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lets imagine, you move from osun state to ondo state according to what that poster posted, the constitution says you are not to move with your properties, you are suppose to leave your property behind and go to your new residence.

According to him, if you go with your properties, you are breaking the law.

grin grin
According to constitution not me. If you own a gun and moving to another state, you must collect a permits and if the laws of the state is against gun... You will have to leave your gun(s) behind or dispose it.

What is your point again?
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
baralatie:

Oga you can move with your properties and habit at any where you choose to reside in consultation with the laws of where you choose to reside.
If you leave abuja with your 5 bedroom duplex building on top of your car to kadunna.you need c of o to locate that 5 bedroom duplex building anywhere in kadunna state and you must pay all fees required by the state govt.and kadunna state has powers by the constitution to do so!
Same thing if a fulani cattle herder says he wants to move with 1000 cows from sokoto to anywhere in Nigeria.he must apply for use of land to either accommodate for the purpose of selling which is provided for in the creation of markets ad abbatoirs of the 36 states or if he wants to be involved in livestock farming ,he will apply for the state for land to practice cattle ranching or farming!
The constitution does not allow for trespassing of land in the name of open grazing!

Laughable.

Are cows and land the same thing.

Cows are movable asset and can be moved from one place to another, land can't be moved.

When moving to a new destination, you move what is moveable and sell what you think cant be moved.

If a herdmen rents a land in another part of the country and moves his movable property like cows to the land he rented, he has not broken the law.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by ShadowCracker(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1 stop wasting your time on a wailer omonnakoda.
Fulani owns Nijeriya, they call the shots.
He remains an eru Fulani lasan lasan.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by baralatie(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
That the president is making a statement for open grazing of cattle is rather an unfortunate idea.
The world's leading cattle and beef suppliers in the world do not practice open grazing!
One would have expected a more accurate plan on cattle ranching which is more profitable but when you have an agf confusing the president.this is what happens
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by yorubarere: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Laughable.

Are cows and land the same thing.

Cows are movable asset and can be moved from one place to another, land can't be moved.

When moving to a new destination, you move what is moveable and sell what you think cant be moved.

If a herdmen rents a land in another part of the country and moves his movable property like cows to the land he rented, he has not broken the law.

Your bolded is the exact subject of discussion. Rent lands and move your business there. Feed ur cows in ur confines buy buying grasses not moving them inside bushes and people's farmlands.

1 Like

Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by ShadowCracker(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
omonnakoda:
Is there any property that is not private? or owned by the state government?

If you are driving your car apart from the roads can you drive your car anywhere you like?

Even quarantine laws are enough to stop the unrestricted movement of animals because they carry diseases, they defecate and urinate on the ground thereby posing a public health risk

Government has the power to licence and regulate the movement of cattle

The exact provision for freedom of movement in the constitution exists in the US but they don't have animals roaming wildly. Why not??
Msallison please ensure you grant this moniker a life-time gbegile contract.

He is a troll and cultist angry.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Your writeup, will not make any sense in the court of law.

The constitution is all that matters.

If you can move from your south to the north to trade, i can also move from the north to the south to trade.

The constitution guarantees the free movement of humans and properties...go and read the constitution

Properties include cows, spears parts, cars and lorries, any properties

Now I believe you're truly stvpid as they said. If you have freedom to move properties, does that mean your property must TRESPASS ON OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY? You're too daft to argue with.
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
yorubarere:

According to constitution not me. If you own a gun and moving to another state, you must collect a permits and if the laws of the state is against gun... You will have to leave your gun(s) behind or dispose it.

What is your point again?

The law for owning guns is different from owning cows.

There is no law for owning cows, you can own a cow, a chicken, a goat a dog.

Guns are not animals, they are weapons and need to be controlled and regulated
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Can you show us in the constitution where this is written?
Re: My Response To Thebosstrevor1 On Grazing Routes by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
Seeeker:

Now I believe you're truly stvpid as they said. If you have freedom to move properties, does that mean your property must TRESPASS ON OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY? You're too daft to argue with.

You have nothing to write down except abuses...that shows your iq level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Wins For Peter Obi As Gov Ortom Backs Obasanjo’s Endorsement / States That Tinubu Cannot Win. / Police Absent As APC Thugs Chanting Yoruba War Songs Attack Polling Units In Lag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.