Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! (3169 Views)

Man Lives With Corpse For 72 Hours To Conceal Crime In Rivers State / House Owner Allow Dog To Attack A Thief As They Watch / Man Catches A Thief At The Back Of His House. See What He Did To Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by heniford2: 6:32am On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:
It's a long story but I'd try to keep it short. So in January, I met this boy who just his dad and I wanted to assist him with school and all. So I asked him to come and live with me in my uncle's house where I lived. I gave him everything that he wanted because he was just 18 at the time and I was to provide for him since he lost his dad. I registered him for a software engineering program and even got a private tutor for him. From time to time, I sent his mom lil cash to manage with. Before he came, I told my uncle and my uncle warned me against bringing in a thief and I told him that if he must steal, he should steal from me and not my uncle whose room is upstairs andout of bounds to him.

Fast-forward to last night, my uncle called me in the presence of his wife and told me that his 55k was missing. And my uncle doesn't lie, so I believed him. I went to the room and confronted the boy who has become like a little brother to me, when I asked him, he initially denied. Then I asked him to swear on his dead father, so that I can have full confidence in him. There and then he confessed. He has used up all the money and I don't know what to do. I've been unable to sleep all night but he's sleeping just fine. I risk being chased out of the house and I really don't know what to do. I'm thinking of involving the police, so that his people will raise the money he stole as I don't have that kind of money now. Please advise me!!!
is this his first time try to know the reason why he did so calling police is waste of time na u go still go bill am out him sleeping comfortable maybe he has join cult and the start tasking him for money
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 6:33am On Jun 15, 2021
BigBrother54321:

Look at this human. I think you’re gay and have been fucking that boy. Your uncle suspects and thats why you two don’t get along.

You don’t have money but you have pity and cash to take someone in, not your own house o. Another person’s house, feed him, enroll him in a tech school, get him a private tutor but cant repay the 55k the person stole.

If I had your uncle’s number, I’d ask him to take it easy with you and not throw you out, he should just move you from his house to a filthy police cell first thing this morning.

Those are very vile things to say. I'm fucking him and I am also thinking of arresting him, does that makes sense to you? Firstly, I work in a fintech company. Secondly, for the tech school, I pay in monthly installments. Thirdly, I am not gay and cannot ever be. Like what is there to like in a man's ass. Fourthly, I own dispatch service in the area and he used to work for me before his dad died, it was at his dad's burial that I decided that he should live with me to reduce the burden on his mom. He was well behaved and helped with ironing and washing my clothes. Lastly, I don't get along with my uncle because of his wife, she is super troublesome. Even the private tutor is my guy that is a software developer where I work, so he uses his Saturdays to brush him up. I don't have 55k right now doesn't mean I can't afford to take care of myself and someone else.

What I need right now is advice on how to handle the situation. I don't want to get kicked out just yet.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 6:38am On Jun 15, 2021
heniford2:
is this his first time try to know the reason why he did so calling police is waste of time na u go still go bill am out him sleeping comfortable maybe he has join cult and the start tasking him for money
I'm not sure he joined a cult. I've also not experienced him do this before. I think it's his first time, the point is I warned him against stealing because when I told my uncle that he was going to stay with us, he said I should make sure the person isn't light handed.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by BigBrother54321: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2021
Direct and blunt may sound vile but never mix it. My take and your decent explanation has given clarity and makes it easier for anyone to advice you.

You’re at your uncle’s mercy. Don’t shy any from him. Face him, tell him the truth. Take the boy with you and ask him to explain to your uncle what he told you. Ask your uncle’s forgiveness for him and yourself. If possible go on your knees & take responsibility. Explain to him you don’t have the 55k but you intend to pay it back if given some time.

On the side, you don’t place a weight on an unbalanced table. First you fix the table to be firm before placing the weight in it. Food for thought.

UniportAgbero:

Those are very vile things to say. I'm fucking him and I am also thinking of arresting him, does that makes sense to you? Firstly, I work in a fintech company. Secondly, for the tech school, I pay in monthly installments. Thirdly, I am not gay and cannot ever be. Like what is there to like in a man's ass. Fourthly, I own dispatch service in the area and he used to work for me before his dad died, it was at his dad's burial that I decided that he should live with me to reduce the burden on his mom. He was well behaved and helped with ironing and washing my clothes. Lastly, I don't get along with my uncle because of his wife, she is super troublesome. Even the private tutor is guy that is a software developer where I work, so he uses his Saturdays to brush him up. I don't 55k right now doesn't mean I can't afford to take care of myself and someone else.

What I need right now is advice on how to handle the situation. I don't want to get kicked out just yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 15, 2021
BigBrother54321:

Look at this human. I think you’re gay and have been fucking that boy. Your uncle suspects and thats why you two don’t get along.

You don’t have money but you have pity and cash to take someone in, not your own house o. Another person’s house, feed him, enroll him in a tech school, get him a private tutor but cant repay the 55k the person stole.

If I had your uncle’s number, I’d ask him to take it easy with you and not throw you out, he should just move you from his house to a filthy police cell first thing this morning.

That you're gay doesn't mean every man that takes in a boy is gay.

You're a pervert, and a vile one at that!!!

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by heniford2: 7:46am On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

I'm not sure he joined a cult. I've also not experienced him do this before. Even I it's his first time, the point is I warned him against stealing because when I told my uncle that he was going to stay with us, he said I should make sure the person isn't light handed.
first get to know if he has joined cult call his mother and explain to her his action watch what he has to say start making arrangement to send him to his mother back
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Henix(m): 8:06am On Jun 15, 2021
BigBrother54321:

I suspect the same thing too. Dude is likely a faggg and he knows that the boy can spill it, if he is handled the way such a petty thief ought to be handled by any adult. Their secret is the reason why he has been habouring and handling the thief with a soft hand.

I'm sure the boy has been stealing from him before he upgraded to his uncle's room. Tell me what else can give the small boy such audacity. He is not surprised because the boy is a thief, he is surprised because he went up to his uncle's room. The small boy knows that his partner will always protect or give him a soft landing, and that is what is playing out now

2 Likes

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 8:57am On Jun 15, 2021
I think this is the best advice so far. This is what I’d do because lying would only succeed in compounding the issue. Before I left for work, I took his phone with me so that he doesn’t run away. I’d call his mom this morning and explain things to her.
[
BigBrother54321:

Direct and blunt may sound vile but never mix it. My take and your decent explanation has given clarity and makes it easier for anyone to advice you.

You’re at your uncle’s mercy. Don’t shy any from him. Face him, tell him the truth. Take the boy with you and ask him to explain to your uncle what he told you. Ask your uncle’s forgiveness for him and yourself. If possible go on your knees & take responsibility. Explain to him you don’t have the 55k but you intend to pay it back if given some time.

On the side, you don’t place a weight on an unbalanced table. First you fix the table to be firm before placing the weight in it. Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2021
For me that isn’t the problem. There’s no way I can continue living with him. My problem is how to present the matter to my uncle.Because he made sure to warn me before taking him in.
heniford2:
first get to know if he has joined cult call his mother and explain to her his action watch what he has to say start making arrangement to send him to his mother back
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by heniford2: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:
For me that isn’t the problem. There’s no way I can continue living with him. My problem is how to present the matter to my uncle.Because he made sure to warn me before taking him in.
tell him you asked him and he say is not him full stop then take the boy home immediately no let him ask him anymore question and make sure you follow the boy to his mothers house no send him on his own follow him to his mothers house buy bread and milk maybe add money give her and explain things to her no sleep over start leaving after doing so
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:12am On Jun 15, 2021
Henix:

I suspected the same thing too. Dude is likely a gay and he knows that the boy can spill it, if he is handled the way such a petty thief ought to be handled by any adult. Their secret is the reason why he has been habouring and handling the thief with a soft hand.

I'm sure the boy has been stealing from him before he upgraded to his uncle's room. Tell me what else can give the small boy such audacity. He is not surprised because the boy is a thief, he is surprised because he went up to his uncle's room. The small boy knows that his partner will always protect or give him a soft landing, and that is what is playing out now

grin grin grin In your narrow mind you think you’re very smart? Guy, let me gist you. He is 19, and I’m 24. You want me to beat him? Or shout so the entire estate knows that we have a thief amongst us? His cousin is my very good friend, in fact his cousin was the one that referred him to me. It’s not about soft landing... If I had my way, he would be arrested so that the money can come out but many people have advised against it. The point isn’t about the boy, I can be ruthless with him if i want. He’s not my headache. I have already sent for his mom and cousin to come this evening. He is going today. The world has gone sour, if not why will people find fault in assisting someone who needs help? All the while that he worked for me, he never stole from me. Not once! He was always hardworking and religious. I really don’t know why he chose to do this. I guess every Israelite has his tent.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2021
heniford2:
tell him you asked him and he say is not him full stop then take the boy home immediately no let him ask him anymore question and make sure you follow the boy to his mothers house no send him on his own follow him to his mothers house buy bread and milk maybe add money give her and explain things to her no sleep over start leaving after doing so

Thanks bro, this is a great advice but I think lying won’t solve it.
BigBrother54321:

I still think this is the best way to go. Thanks again for this advice.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Henix(m): 9:17am On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

grin grin grin In your narrow mind you think you’re very smart? Guy, let me gist you. He is 19, and I’m 24. You want me to beat him? Or shout so the entire estate knows that we have a thief amongst us? His cousin is my very good friend, in fact his cousin was the one that referred him to me. It’s not about soft landing... If I had my way, he would be arrested so that the money can come out but many people have advised against it. The point isn’t about the boy, I can be ruthless with him if i want. He’s not my headache. I have already sent for his mom and cousin to come this evening. He is going today. The world has gone sour, if not why will people find fault in assisting someone who needs help? All the while that he worked for me, he never stole from me. Not once! He was always hardworking and religious. I really don’t know why he chose to do this. I guess every Israelite has his tent.

Oga, the boy is a thief, handle him the way a thief ought to be handled. Simple!
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2021
I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread. I couldn’t sleep all night because I was thinking of how to solve the problem. I’ve really gotten wonderful advices that I indeed to follow through. This is the first time that I’m bringing a personal situation to nairaland and I wasn’t disappointed. Nigerian youths are the best set of people. Thank you so very much!!

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2021
Why you no invite the mama to come follow una stay too?

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Henix(m): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2021
heniford2:

Trust me, his uncle already knows that they have a thief in their midst. He is just waiting to see how the thief's host is going to handle the case. His best bet is to take the thief to his uncle and ask him to repeat his confession.

If he likes, let him go and cover the crime at his own detriment

2 Likes

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:27am On Jun 15, 2021
Henix:

Oga, the boy is a thief, handle him the way a thief ought to be handled. Simple!
What would you suggest? Tie him to a stake and burn him to ash? Or something else? Please suggest something
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2021
Henix:

Trust me, his uncle already knows that they have a thief in their midst. He is just waiting to see how the thief's host is going to handle the case. His best bet is to take the thief to his uncle and ask him to repeat his confession.

I feel like my uncle knows deep down who did it. The way he spoke to me eh. He was like, “ I am not accusing anybody but this sort of thing has never happened in this house. You are the one that I stay with and that’s why I’m telling you because i would pray and hold the locker and trust me the person will come out. I don’t want to hurt anybody and that’s why I’ve chosen to tell you.”
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:30am On Jun 15, 2021
Atiku:
Why you no invite the mama to come follow una stay too?

Unsophisticated bro sad
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Henix(m): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

What would you suggest? Tie him to a stake and burn him to ash? Or something else? Please suggest something

Ur uncle is not a teenager, he already knows that the boy is a thief. He is probably just taking his time to study ur action or inactions against the crime.

Take the boy to ur uncle and ask him to repeat his confession. Apologize to ur uncle privately, and send the boy packing immediately after u must have informed his people what he did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by udede(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2021
OnionBandit:
Involve the police. We know how to handle thieves like him..

Wait o! I hope you are not in the South East. Which police station you wan carry your matter go like this?

Go and report at that police station along Abacha road. They don't take sh*t from nobody
so you be police,nooooo wonder
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2021
Now you’ve made sense. This is what I intend to do. I also intend to pay in installments
Henix:

Ur uncle is not a teenager, he already knows that the boy is a thief. He is probably just taking his time to study ur action or inactions against the crime.

Take the boy to ur uncle and ask him to repeat his confession. Apologize to ur uncle privately, and send the boy packing immediately after u must have informed his people what he did
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Nyne: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2021
Do this and also stylishly tell him that your uncle doesn’t want to see him again . . Him head go straight. He Dey see person wey Dey give am meal morning afternoon and night. Na why .

Atteraino:
Interrogate the mofo wella, him never use the ba...... Yarn am say your uncle, wan carry police come hold am, so him go fear, just put yarns for him body so he go feel u...

no the act like this make your uncle no troway u for house... Wake the mofo up as i da yarn so, if he get aza, check am, check where he da hide things.

But your uncle the maltreat the boy?

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Wannabenz: 10:22am On Jun 15, 2021
Na you go still bail him from the police station. Just find a way and let him face/know the consequences of his actions... what if he steals a larger amount and ran away with it next time?

2 Likes

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by 1Sharon(f): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2021
Kick him out

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by LadySarah: 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

I seriously wish I had the money, I'd have done that by now.

Sorry to burst your bubble,his mom/relatives must have pressure d him to send them money.Call them to refund the money or risk being locked up.All of them!
This is how parents encourage their children into crime .Hounding your jobless daughter to carry family's burden

1 Like

Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

Unsophisticated bro sad

Good intentions, bad execution.

Let him stay with his mom while you sort school bills.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by UniportAgbero: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
Update:

So I’m at work and my uncle just called me to tell me to come back home after close of work with the mother of the boy and the boy.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by ceeceeuwa: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

Will it be alright if I ask him to confess to my uncle without mentioning that he has told me already? So that my uncle treats him in the language he understands while I pretend not to know that he did it? So when my uncle approach me with the issue, I'd feign ignorance and kukuma seize the opportunity? to send him packing?
So you haven't even told your uncle? Tell him so you can jointly send him packing, if not your reputation will be at stake.
Re: The Person That Lives With Me Is A Thief. Please Advice!!! by AskProf: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
Henix:

Gbam!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Facts You Didnt Know About The Famous Ikeja Bomb Blasts / Enugu Tailor Goes Mad And Unclad In The Morning After Opening Her Shop (video) / Online Loan Wahala-Dont Commit Suicide.Do this If You Can't Repay Defaulted Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.