Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31702 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

The best and only advise anybody will give you is to start learning a skill. That’s the way to survive unemployment in Nigeria unless you studied Medicine, Law or Pharmacy or graduated with a fantastic result.

NYSC is the best time to pick a skill. Unless you want to finish NYSC and pack home to your parents
Doctors that are always on strike because of lack of pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
Abba114:
thats not possible how can u save enough from 33k
Malam save the 3k each month how many months remains for you to finish? Are you not in your fathers house? Baron fadama the reason why most graduate get frustrated when getting a job is that little money for going to interview they don't have ! Will you still be asking your dad for t-fare money after graduation
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Malam save the 3k each month how many months remains for you to finish? Are you not in your fathers house? Baron fadama the reason why most graduate get frustrated when getting a job is that little money for going to interview they don't have ! Will you still be asking your dad for t-fare money after graduation
grin i will consider ur advice beside which job are u doing?

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
fitinwell:
[b]Hmmm.. someone talking about skilled labour... Has computer science graduate.. and experienced Technical Support Services...

Most nigerians are not willing to pay for services oo...

They prefer to patronize quack tech guys.. that would charge half the price or higher.. and spoil there gadget...

Then you will be forced to pay more ..to consult expertise or purchase new gadgets..

Where i work has part time system support engineer...

It's hell men.. these guys are not ready invest money on equipment.. but if you can twerk softwares and machines... They will pay you nothing or peanuts..

Well some are lucky in this country to get juicy offer Jobs..

While the rest are to fend and hustle to make ends meet..

Hardship is damn real for most families in this country called Nigeria.

I asked someone today that is God aware of all this things happen to us? Inhuman innocent killings in Nigeria..

AlSo when we cry to God ... When will there be speedy..intervention?

[/b]
Its not easy bro
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Abba114:
grin i will consider ur advice beside which job are u doing?
I work in a bank I earn 70k a month

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
adedehinbo:
Nigeria of nowadays has reduced a graduate to something insignificance to the society,last year 2020,I saw hell that could have taken my life,(oh Lord I thank you)can't just believe I could pass through those challenges and gradually coming out of them.
Last year 2020 I lost my job due to covid-19 effect on business,I had no hope of what next to do,I was home during the lockdown without hope,I was depressed and couldn't afford basic things anymore which also affected my mum also.
Luckily or what do I call it,my mum friend came,she got to know the ordeal I was passing through,she asked if I can do anything for survival apart from stealing which I replied yes in affirmation.
The next day she told me to dress up and try hold some cash up to 15k the next day,I did that without even thinking twice.
Now the journey of survival begun,we board a bus from sango going to idiroko the boarder side,we stopped at a town called ilase,I was neatly dressed thinking I want to resume a white collar job,after we dropped at ilase,she took me to shop where smuggled rice is being kept for resale to smugglers who could beat customs and security forces and make huge gains after a trip,then foreign rice was just like gold,a bag of rice was sold around 35k then but at ilase,you could get it as low as 15k,I was scared and shaking,the thought of heavy checking points along that road nearly made me collapse,but when I saw a female student also into smuggling,I had to summon courage and face my fears.
Now this is how it started,I had a school bag then,I bought a bag of rice for 14,500 then,I shared the rice into three places,which is 4rubber paints, altogether a bag consists of 12rubber paints.i put four into the school bag and back it like someone going somewhere important,then hardly you see any cars stop to carry any passenger who intends to smuggle rice no matter how small its but the way I dressed couldn't make them have the thought that rice could be the thing inside my bag.
Comfortably I would sit at the front sit with confidence, whenever we get to every check points, custom officials mostly look for women based on the fact that that they use every means to hide rice,some split it into bum,while some in their boobs and even inside their head tie,they all just ignore me,at the end after finishing a bag,I use to make about 12k daily after transportation.
I did this for 6months and kept praying to God to open a new and better way.
I invested most of the money on poultry which I sold off last year december,I bought a car hoping that I could use it to run taxi business,I started it just as planned but the car started developing faults plus traffic officials confiscating my car,these immediately made me lost interest on the business,I parked the car at home,my former company called me to work as a contract staff which I accepted and that's how I am surviving now.
One thing I understand is,in Nigeria,you can do everything right and yet still fails,only grace that makes a man to be successful after hard work
Wow your story motivate me sir
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
slimman007:

My brother I don't understand what this country has turned into.How can a moldu of beans(just 8 cups of peak tin)cost between 900/1000 naira here in Abuja,then how do one now survive.I am going craze with the unpleasant situation right now and if it continue this way that means I have no option than to run out of this country even if its Togo.. sad
God save us sir in this country
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Maski87:
My own after 3 years off 25000 a month,I started ashawo work,I now make 10000 every night,sometimes more
Which state are you
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mutmainneen:

I did my national youth service in PHC 2018/2019 in one of the military schools. The school was so impressed by my commitment and hard work that the commandant wanted to retain me. Many of the staff wanted me to stay too. But tribal politics kicked in (I don't want to go into details, please). I had assurance of being retained right up to the month of my POP. By the time I realized what was going on, I had already passed out and had no where to stay and be looking for jobs in PH again. That was how I lost that one.
Is because you are a Muslim
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by adedehinbo(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Wow your story motivate me sir
it wasn't easy, All glory be to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Perriton(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
pedrilo:
oh ok. I dont do gambling. Cheers my man and good luck with that
Try Pericoman Daily Gaming Competition 100% Free its not gambling. I sometimes make an average of 2,000 per week because most of the games i play am not really good but you can try it out if you are better than me you will win more than me.

2,000 per week is little and you can earn more if you are better gaming than me. but consider it being free without any risk on your end of loosing 1 Naira its something. I remember some people asking for 3,000 and most people here play games earning nothing.

I suspect the company makes money from Advertising and shares some of it with the Players

The good part is that no matter how bad you are you will get something even if it is 10 Naira per day grin

Register, Try it and thank me Later

https://www.pericoman.com

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
cyara:
I opened the topic and just didn't know when to start after reading all stories. Lost mum in May, while mourning hubby got a sack letter this was after i left my teaching job due to distance from my new apartment to school. I wake up every morning and just wish I had stayed asleep because nothing seems to be working.

Tried getting another teaching job in the new area but nothing so far. It hasn't been easy at all. I smile each as if everything is alright, hoping tomorrow will be better but deep inside i am broken. Hubby rarely talks or smile. Just goes out to hussle comes back and pretend to be sleeping meanwhile he is silently crying.

I pray for a better tomorrow
I hope you guys don't have children sha or plan to have any kids.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Maski87: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Which state are you
I am not telling, don't want you to come spoil business

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by holubaba(m): 3:22am On Jun 20, 2021
Training outline
1)Solar energy installation with load and energy calculations (70% of solar installers know little or nothing about this calculation)

2) fuelless generator (new technology of free energy) this generator can work up to 2 years without repair or maintenance (different capacities up to 150Kva)

3) Automatic change over (ATS) this can switch to aux energy (Gen or solar) when there is outage and switch to mains (nepa) when they restore mains. It can work with remote control or phone controlled, voice command, start generator and shut it off when mains fails or restored

4) simple automation and control like
a) Automatic pumping machine (this will on pumping machine when you have low water level in the reservoir and stop pump when your reservoir is filled)
b) automatic gate or door (open for you or authorised person and closes on it's own)
c) smart home control (you can control any of a house appliance with phone or remote or timed and more)
d) any other simple control

5) we will take you through industrial wiring and get you familiar with industry setup.

NB A WEEK IS TOO SHORT TO COVER THESE!
BUT WE WILL COVER RENEWABLE, ATS, FREE ENERGY WELL. AND BRIEF OTHERS but if you have interest in any other, we can tutor you.

Join the what'sapp group below if you're in lagos and interested

https:///Fw3rd40hS9Y9wV7IJVxZNe
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:57am On Jun 20, 2021
Maski87:

I am not telling, don't want you to come spoil business
Nawaoo
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by kokoboy4life(m): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2021
riverbird:
Finished services since 2019 and applied to so many job openings without success so I decided to leave my comfort zone and move to Lagos were I had no family, it's been 4 months since I moved to Lagos and to God be the glory though I haven't gotten my dream job but I currently work in a flour mill were I work as a loader with salary of 13000 per week(not a job for the weak though), am happy and still pushing for a better job, so I decided to create another source of income for myself and by the grace of God it was a success and it puts 1600 in my pocket every day.

Please an advice to whom ever wants to succeed is "never depend on any family members or uncles promises of you really want to survive.

Hello how are you, I just read your story I am amazed with what you went through, I thank God for your Life but I want to ask you that what kind of side hustle gives 1600 per day, I will be glad if you can share this with me.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by riverbird: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2021
kokoboy4life:

Hello how are you, I just read your story I am amazed with what you went through, I thank God for your Life but I want to ask you that what kind of side hustle gives 1600 per day, I will be glad if you can share this with me.

It's sports trading
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gerrard59(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2021
kebeb:
Been without a job since March. Life has been really tough. My wife is 7months pregnant. Thought about having an abortion for her at 5months but was scared of loosing her. She's not the fit type, so I have to spend more time with her at home.

Please undergo vasectomy (you will produce semen but no sperm which fertilises the egg). Check Mariestopes for reduced costs.

It is for your good. Do not give birth to any child again, one is more than enough. When Tinubu takes over in 2023 (assuming there is an election), you will understand this priceless advice.

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 10:09am On Jun 20, 2021
uthlaw:
bros forget,na still gambling many they use survive!
How. I. Played Chelsea 100k. That was my highest achievement in gambling
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 10:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Greenishland:

I advice you to start following an Electrician to site and learn work from him. He may be giving you 1000 naira daily as an apprentice that is helping him.
Lol. Who go give u 1k for 9ja. Na you mama brother
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 10:15am On Jun 20, 2021
Reelmii:
why should u be responsible for the school fees of three siblings wen u can't even satisfy urself...

Africa and family mentality....
He is trying. My bro de collect 500k. Buh if u call am. Unless na 5k problem. Na dat one him d like solve
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2021
Marayola:
It has been tough. I don't have savings cos i use my salary to pay my school fees. I don't know how I will pay my school fees. I don't know how I will survive
Na una cause am. Now I no go leave long, your wife go live longer. If u die she go use her pussy hustle. Live goes on.
There is competition in marriage especially as a man. Is better you have a child outside marriage without money , than 4 u to have a child inside marriage without money.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by The5DME(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Gerrard59:

Please undergo vasectomy ([b]you will produce sperm but no semen [/b]which fertilises the egg). Check Mariestopes for reduced costs.

It is for your good. Do not give birth to any child again, one is more than enough. When Tinubu takes over in 2023 (assuming there is an election), you will understand this priceless advice.
You will produce semen without sperm in it. It's this sperm that fertilizes an egg, not semen.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by uthlaw: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
vickydevoka:

How. I. Played Chelsea 100k. That was my highest achievement in gambling
I'm not saying gambling can make you successful, but can help you pay little little bills,I do play 2-5odds most times!

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gerrard59(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
The5DME:
You will produce semen without sperm in it. It's this sperm that fertilizes an egg, not semen.

Thank you. I have modified the post.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
READ DIP BOOKS,DISCOVER,EVOLVE cheesy
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by FatherCHRlSTMAS: 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
oloshun:

You don't need CV. This your story alone, I don dey pity you. I was in in shoes years back, keep your hopes high.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by FatherCHRlSTMAS: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
Maski87:
My own after 3 years off 25000 a month,I started ashawo work,I now make 10000 every night,sometimes more

Although I am not in a good position to advise you since what you do pay some of your bills and put food in your tummy (which is most essential)

Try and find a way out of that vicious trade. I hope you find a better way soon. Sorry
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Marayola(f): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2021
vickydevoka:

Na una cause am. Now I no go leave long, your wife go live longer. If u die she go use her pussy hustle. Live goes on.
There is competition in marriage especially as a man. Is better you have a child outside marriage without money , than 4 u to have a child inside marriage without money.
Dude what you saying doesn't tally and beside am a single lady
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
Marayola:

Dude what you saying doesn't tally and beside am a single lady
Don't worry en go soon tally for Italy
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Marayola(f): 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
vickydevoka:

Don't worry en go soon tally for Italy
I can see that you don't understand English.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 8:03am On Jun 28, 2021
Marayola:
I can see that you don't understand English.
Na de English I wan make u teach me na.thats y we be nairaland brothers

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / How To Give A Quick, Impromptu Speech Or Toast / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.